FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > This actually happened!

This actually happened!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is an actual radio conversation of a U.S naval ship with Canadian Authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. Radio conversation was released by the chief of naval operations 10/10/95

CANADIANS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid collision.

AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid collision.

CANADIANS: Negative..You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: This is the captain of a U.S naval ship. I say again, divert your course.

CANADIANS: No, I say again, you divert your course.

AMERICANS: This is the Aircraft Carrier U.S LINCOLN, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied with three Destroyers, three Cruisers and numerous support vessels. I DEMAND that you change your course 15 degrees north, I say again, thats one five degrees north, or counter measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

CANADIANS: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Brilliant!!

Forum Mod

Me and mate are wetting ourselves laughing.. Xx

By *cottishsexgoddessWoman  over a year ago

Glenrothes

Says it all really! lol

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I've read this before. Very funny. Hubris is a wonderful thing.

Love it!!!

Made me chuckle, great and typical Americans, most are big headed, but are some nice Americans out there

By *ssexguy69Man  over a year ago

thurrock Essex

lol like it

Just to 'add to the mix', and as it's Christmas, here is something else concerning our dear friends in our late colonies in the Americas, which is alleged to be true.....

THE CHICKEN CANNON TALE...

At the end of WW2 when the UK had the first Allied jet powered fighter (the Meteor) it became apparent that previous methods of testing components were not up to the much higher speeds of jet propulsion. One of these tests concerned testing the cockpit canopy's ability to withstand bird strikes - a real danger to jet pilots.

So the Royal Aircraft Establishment, using wind tunnel technology captured from the Germans, developed a 'cannon' capable of firing a bird's carcass at the Plexiglass canopy at near supersonic speed.

When the US were developing the Sabre jet a year or so later, a group of their development engineers paid a visit to Farnborough and saw the 'Chicken Cannon' in action. They were so impressed with it they asked if they could have the plans for it so they could build their own. The RAA agreed and the Americans went home with all the details and set to work building their own one at an airbase in Arizona.

About 3 months after they'd finished building it, the US team sent a long, detailed document to Farnborough describing all the problems they had had with the 'Chicken Cannon' - it had fired chickens and other large birds at various cockpit canopies, all with the same result: the canopy shattered to smitherines, did serious damage to the remainder of the airframe and the US Govt were very worried that their pilots were going to be put in great danger if they set foot in the Sabre jet.

The boffins at Farnborough studied the document for a week or so and did a few tests using the parameters the Americans used and, after careful consideration, sent back a short telegram...

"To US Airforce from RAA Farnborough.

Have analysed test results.

SUGGEST YOU DEFROST CHICKEN BEFORE FIRING...... "

By *teborahCouple  over a year ago

warrington

"This is an actual radio conversation of a U.S naval ship with Canadian Authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October 1995. Radio conversation was released by the chief of naval operations 10/10/95

CANADIANS: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid collision.

AMERICANS: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the north to avoid collision.

CANADIANS: Negative..You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

AMERICANS: This is the captain of a U.S naval ship. I say again, divert your course.

CANADIANS: No, I say again, you divert your course.

AMERICANS: This is the Aircraft Carrier U.S LINCOLN, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied with three Destroyers, three Cruisers and numerous support vessels. I DEMAND that you change your course 15 degrees north, I say again, thats one five degrees north, or counter measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

CANADIANS: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

"

Thats the difference between marks & Spenser crackers and £1 shop crackers

By *appyTrancerMan  over a year ago

Bristol

Whilst I LOVE the idea of this tale, it can't be true. An entire US Naval battle group would have known where a lighthouse was.

Still - BRILLIANT joke that I really wish was true!

HT

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

brilliant

» Add a new message to this topic