FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > picking up the pieces

picking up the pieces

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

this is a bit of a rant.

as some of you know my wife and i have a single profile, as well as a joint one.

she arranged a meet for 27th at a hotel, booked. now this morning gets atext saying " im off the site,etc" so again she upset ,letdown and you have to wonder why men get a bad name on here, its bloody annoying. i had to work hard to get a social, so to get a play is an achievment.

so i told wife to start being more of a hard nose cow, and if the men want a meet, they make all arrangements then you split cost at time of meet,that way it encourages the men to at least turn up.it makes my blood boil to see her like this....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Post a meet request for the 27th, see what interest comes in and double book if need be.

Worse case scenario you join her and enjoy room service and someone else cleaning up after you.

And yes, it's a pain in the arse - this is why I always meet for coffee first. Half an hour wasted sat in a cafe is always preferable to a hotel room and an evening.

By *uby In StockingsTV/TS  over a year ago

Cheadle

I think you've learned a valuable lesson and as long as you don't drop your standards I think in the long run you will find your new rules work best for you both, take care, have a great xmas n new year, hugz n stuff, Ruby, xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Post a meet request for the 27th, see what interest comes in and double book if need be.

Worse case scenario you join her and enjoy room service and someone else cleaning up after you.

And yes, it's a pain in the arse - this is why I always meet for coffee first. Half an hour wasted sat in a cafe is always preferable to a hotel room and an evening."

I don't think I'd ever want to meet without a social first....worst that can happen is a coffee alone. At least that indicates if someone is fairly sincere.

wife has met the person involved before, for coffee and has had a play, he just dropped her like a hot brick,all she wants is an explanation to why he trearingher like this

"wife has met the person involved before, for coffee and has had a play, he just dropped her like a hot brick,all she wants is an explanation to why he trearingher like this "
treating her

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"wife has met the person involved before, for coffee and has had a play, he just dropped her like a hot brick,all she wants is an explanation to why he trearingher like this treating her"

In that case it could have happened to any of us - it's happened to me! They're all gung ho for it till it's really real and then they run away like great big wusses. And occasionally you get some grief cos they hide behind anger and accuse you of being too aggressive, too sex mad, too... Oh anything they can think of which makes it not their fault!

But swinging is not for everyone. And believe me, a letdown with enough time to replan is always preferable to the one who cries halfway through or who walks in, takes one look, babbles "I can't do this" and flees.

So it's really a lucky escape.

[Removed by poster at 24/12/12 10:11:33]

all she wants is an adult explanation, i have been let down before,illness etc.as i work shifts it can be hard and my meet last week, i was on a high for a day or so, as i worked hard for it, as i can only meet her in evenings. the other one that cancelled was through illness, so cant be helped but its twice she canelled now day before so im letting her ask me.

Sorry if i'm getting wrong end of stick here, but he already gave her an explanation, he left the site!

Which to me means swinging is no longer for him. At least your missus got a txt before she went to meet and hung about waiting for a no show.

Just put it down to experience and move on!

he left the site, i think thats a big enough reason that he doesn't want to meet

sorry but if she is getting upset about it maybe she meeds to grow some balls and a harder skin

sorry but needs to be said

[Removed by poster at 24/12/12 10:26:49]

"he left the site, i think thats a big enough reason that he doesn't want to meet

sorry but if she is getting upset about it maybe she meeds to grow some balls and a harder skin

sorry but needs to be said "

igot wrong end of stick, he hasnt left the site,he just sent text saying"cant make hotel,thanks bye",i also tolder to get a thicker skin and treat us mean,

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

i cant belive thease men where are the woman who want too meet im my area! cse id never not turn up seems the men that actualy wanna meet up dont get the offers

end of the day people have the right to change their minds

just as a hotel has been booked doesn't mean its a contract of sale

i would rather meet someone who wanted to see me than someone who didnt.

"i cant belive thease men where are the woman who want too meet im my area! cse id never not turn up seems the men that actualy wanna meet up dont get the offers "

Never turn up?? Thats a bit forward thinking. What if you arranged a meet, then a family emergency occurred? Would you still go to the meet or deal with your family first?

Forum Mod

Ok so you now have a wife that is free on the 27th,a hotel room booked

Why not enjoy the evening together as a nice post christmas treat? you never know maybe you'll be able to get a friend to join you both

By *am123Man  over a year ago

essex chelmsford

"end of the day people have the right to change their minds

"

if ur nt 100% sure u gonna make it dont committ to the arrangement ive been let down too and its a pain in the arse and just plain rude unless its an emergency or a genuine reason theres no excuse in my book

"end of the day people have the right to change their minds

if ur nt 100% sure u gonna make it dont committ to the arrangement ive been let down too and its a pain in the arse and just plain rude unless its an emergency or a genuine reason theres no excuse in my book "

yet happens alot on here

"all she wants is an adult explanation, i have been let down before,illness etc.as i work shifts it can be hard and my meet last week, i was on a high for a day or so, as i worked hard for it, as i can only meet her in evenings. the other one that cancelled was through illness, so cant be helped but its twice she canelled now day before so im letting her ask me. "

did u not say he said he was off the site?? he said he cant do it.. on here does anyone have to give a reason behind it! we are all allowed to keep our private lives private

end of post, he still on site!!!! messaged wife, hotel cancelled,she hoping his balls go square and fester in corners.

personally i would block him.

thank you for all your inputs

"end of post, he still on site!!!! messaged wife, hotel cancelled,she hoping his balls go square and fester in corners.

personally i would block him.

thank you for all your inputs "

I'm even more confused now! First you say he txted saying 'no longer on site', then he didn't! Now you say he sent a msg saying he cancelled the hotel booking. But didn't you say in an earlier post that your missus had booked the hotel?

He has given 3 days notice to cancel. It's Christmas and people's plans change all the time. I'm not sure what he has done wrong. I cancelled a meet with 2 days notice and got called a time waster and blocked. I had E.coli ffs

he said in text im going off site, so she cancelled hotel. now she found out he still on site

madam said bugger it we stick with couples profile

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"he said in text im going off site, so she cancelled hotel. now she found out he still on site

madam said bugger it we stick with couples profile "

and she hasn't blocked him?

"he said in text im going off site, so she cancelled hotel. now she found out he still on site

madam said bugger it we stick with couples profile

and she hasn't blocked him?"

i would but her profile.. herchoice just offering advice etc

this is better than any christmas stories

"Sorry if i'm getting wrong end of stick here, but he already gave her an explanation, he left the site!

Which to me means swinging is no longer for him. At least your missus got a txt before she went to meet and hung about waiting for a no show.

Just put it down to experience and move on! "

Agree - at least she wasn't sitting in a hotel room on her own.

Anyway, assuming the room is paid for, why do you not just put a meet up on the Meets listings and book in two or three guys - then maybe one will actually turn up...

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

It's just not on, in my opinion. To just cancel with no reason when he has met before and knows she has booked a hotel, is simply rude and disrespectful. Too many people are trying to excuse such poor manners.

Her time is just as valuable. OK, maybe an emergency came up - but he didn't say that, did he? He just cancelled without any kind of explanation.

I think too many people accept being treated badly and give others too many excuses.

Thankfully I have my place to myself and can meet or not quite easily, though my time is at a premium due to work commitments.

If you have arranged to meet someone you meet them. If something crops up - as can happen - then you explain. Just a 'not meeting' message is out of order completely.

No- it is not what swinging is all about. The opportunity to treat people as conveniences! No - people deserve to be treated decently, especially if they have met before as in this case.

If I were her he would be blocked permanently.

"Sorry if i'm getting wrong end of stick here, but he already gave her an explanation, he left the site!

Just put it down to experience and move on!

Agree - at least she wasn't sitting in a hotel room on her own.

Anyway, assuming the room is paid for, why do you not just put a meet up on the Meets listings and book in two or three guys - then maybe one will actually turn up...

"

knowing our luck all of them would turn up !!! tickets please form an orderly queue, discounts for group bookings, lol

"knowing our luck all of them would turn up !!! tickets please form an orderly queue, discounts for group bookings, lol "

... and your problem is....???

"knowing our luck all of them would turn up !!! tickets please form an orderly queue, discounts for group bookings, lol

... and your problem is....???

"

im shy,lol

» Add a new message to this topic