FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Throat infection

Throat infection

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone got any good remedies or tips to help even just ease the soreness and constant coughing, had it for a week now ( think its a throat infection anyway) and its becoming unbearable Tried all the usual cold & flu tablets, losengers etc already and nothing seems to be helping.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Day nurse and night nurse if you've not already tried them. That stuff us amazing!

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

Try a salt water gargle. Echinacia in long term.

"Day nurse and night nurse if you've not already tried them. That stuff us amazing! "

Never tried them but might give it a go!

Hi, I've tried everything for mine,think I've got shares in boots been there that much lol had mine for four weeks now, so any help or advice would be welcome !!

By *adylovesexyCouple  over a year ago

exeter

I used to suffer with tonsillitis alot and gargling with disovable asprin helps if you can manage it. check if suitable incase you are taking other pain relief, if not a trip to the doctors as you may need antibiotics if it is tonsillitis. Hope you feel better soon

"Hi, I've tried everything for mine,think I've got shares in boots been there that much lol had mine for four weeks now, so any help or advice would be welcome !!"

I know how u feel! 4 weeks?!! Have you not been to the doctors yet then? I was gonna go if it didnt ease off within a few days so i dread to think how your feeling

I had it last week, it's a killer, I took everything and nothing eased it, I can't gargle, but really warm salt water is really good, hope it eases up soon hun

"I had it last week, it's a killer, I took everything and nothing eased it, I can't gargle, but really warm salt water is really good, hope it eases up soon hun "

Ive seen that mentioned quite a few times now so think im gonna give it a go before i go to bed, thanks though

i had a bad throat infection few month ago. i cried it was so painful to swallow..

hope you get better soon

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

If you've had it a week and its not getting better, see your GP. It is probably a self-limiting disease but best to get a second opinion.

Gargling with salt water is really good but I have trouble gargling, I tend to gag whilst doing it.

If you've had it this long then I'd say a course of antibiotics is required. Hope you're feeling better soon as it is horrible

For myself, whenever I have a dry irritating cough, I would take Pholcodine Linctus, the original version with sugar and ethanol.

I always have a couple of bottles to hand.

I found the sugar free version thinner in texture and not as soothing.

half a lemon - spoonful of brown sugar and some honey - hot water - really does soothe a throat - and plain old paracetamol for pain - all theses fancy cold remedies i find dont work

"half a lemon - spoonful of brown sugar and some honey - hot water - really does soothe a throat - and plain old paracetamol for pain - all theses fancy cold remedies i find dont work "

oh and keep the lemon in the mug and squish it to bits with a spoon - drink all the bits

chloraseptic spray

tyrazettes.. not sure on spelling but they are like big refreshers that numb the tongue and throat

Aspirin still has its uses, in the form of Aspirin gargle using soluble Aspirin.

Lol yes went on Monday , to find I've a chest infection as well , just gets better and better , and now on pills for eight days , so no drinking for me !! Great Xmas this will be lol

Thanks for the suggestions, ive had enough for 1 night, bed time for me now thats if i can sleep! Will try some of these in the morning as i cant see myself getting an appointment at the doctors til after Xmas.

Hey morning how's the cough ? I had this last week just took cough mixture for a tickle throat and lots of paracetamol, it lasted about 3 days , coughs gone now but the throats still sore.

Get down your doctors if its not going, hope you get better soon

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

A centimetre of root ginger sliced and pour boiling water over. Drink while still hot. Works wonders on a tickly cough.

You can add a slice of lemon (or orange) and some honey.

Had it a fornight now. Am assured it will go eventually. I sound like an old man on 100 cigs a day when I get going

I'll swap u all. My gum infection for a sore throat

» Add a new message to this topic