FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Trust

Trust

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Who do you trust less ?

Your own sex or the opposite sex ?

I know the stock answers will be 'it's done on an individual basis' or 'it depends on the situation' but lets lump it all together and make some generalisations

If you trust men less, then why ?

likewise, if you trust women less, then why ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Women as they can be very manipulative and deceitful

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

As a generalisation, men as they have been the ones that have lied and breached my trust more than women.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Women.... I don't get on with them.

Men...as they have the habit of pretending to be women

"Women.... I don't get on with them."

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

For me it is not gender specific and I will initially give everybody the same kind of benefit of doubt. In fact I would go as far as saying that it would be a stereotyping of some kind to make men or women the more or less trustworthy gender... I really believe somebody's trustworthiness depends on their upbringing and moral landscape (e.g. that it is not ok to lie) as well as the value they attach to the relationship they are in if that makes sense.

"For me it is not gender specific and I will initially give everybody the same kind of benefit of doubt. In fact I would go as far as saying that it would be a stereotyping of some kind to make men or women the more or less trustworthy gender... I really believe somebody's trustworthiness depends on their upbringing and moral landscape (e.g. that it is not ok to lie) as well as the value they attach to the relationship they are in if that makes sense. "

We'll get you off that fence one of these days !

Just hope I don't come down with ya

"For me it is not gender specific and I will initially give everybody the same kind of benefit of doubt. In fact I would go as far as saying that it would be a stereotyping of some kind to make men or women the more or less trustworthy gender... I really believe somebody's trustworthiness depends on their upbringing and moral landscape (e.g. that it is not ok to lie) as well as the value they attach to the relationship they are in if that makes sense.

Just hope I don't come down with ya "

Tis true lol... but hey sliding down a fence with you ... sounds a reather sexy idea?

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Women.... I don't get on with them.

"

That was not a fair statement of me... i have had more trust issues with female friends than male friends but I take everyone at face value before judging and I like you....

I don't trust anyone!!

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I would have probably have said women more, but I have been stung quite deeply by some men on here!

And with some of them, who needs enermies when you have them as friends, but friends they are no longer!

"I don't trust anyone!! "

go on, say it

my favourite line ....

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

"I don't trust anyone!! "

not even yourself

"For me it is not gender specific and I will initially give everybody the same kind of benefit of doubt. In fact I would go as far as saying that it would be a stereotyping of some kind to make men or women the more or less trustworthy gender... I really believe somebody's trustworthiness depends on their upbringing and moral landscape (e.g. that it is not ok to lie) as well as the value they attach to the relationship they are in if that makes sense.

Just hope I don't come down with ya Tis true lol... but hey sliding down a fence with you ... sounds a reather sexy idea? "

watch out for the splinters !

very generally i trust guys more - ive worked with both in small and large groups - blokes can be nasty but theyre straight and to the point so you know where you stand with them - girls can tend to be sly, devious and bitchy -

saying again very generally of course there are exceptions

Just hope I don't come down with ya Tis true lol... but hey sliding down a fence with you ... sounds a reather sexy idea?

watch out for the splinters !"

What ... besides the big one?

Just hope I don't come down with ya Tis true lol... but hey sliding down a fence with you ... sounds a reather sexy idea?

watch out for the splinters !

What ... besides the big one?

"

there are always exceptions to every rule

and to use your line, i like to take each fence individually

Joke aside... I can understand how anybody whose trust has been broken is going to be more cautious next time round.

If this happens more than once... the chance of trusting again is going to be smaller because naturally people dont want to get hurt and by keeping others at arm's length and not trusting them they are protecting themselves from that potential hurt.

I believe though that there is a risk involved with everything we do.. and trusting somebody after having been betrayed in some way means taking a new risk.

If we dont trust again.. we deprive ourselves of new chances of friendships, relationships and love.

Just my tuppence worth

"Joke aside... I can understand how anybody whose trust has been broken is going to be more cautious next time round.

If this happens more than once... the chance of trusting again is going to be smaller because naturally people dont want to get hurt and by keeping others at arm's length and not trusting them they are protecting themselves from that potential hurt.

I believe though that there is a risk involved with everything we do.. and trusting somebody after having been betrayed in some way means taking a new risk.

If we dont trust again.. we deprive ourselves of new chances of friendships, relationships and love.

Just my tuppence worth"

I agree but it can sometimes feel as though you are in a pattern of making the same mistakes over and over again.

A very dear friend died earlier this year. One of the last things he said to me was to forgive the last man that had betrayed me because to do anything else would mean that he had altered me in a bad way.

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

Try not to put myself in a position where trust is an issue....expect the worse.. Anything better is a bonus.....David

Some people I trust instantly

Some I want to trust, yet know I never fully will

Some I shouldn't trust, but do to a degree

Others I will never trust as long as my arse points down

If I did have to pinpoint a sex though, I would say I trusted men more than women

Only because I think men are more open with other men and tend to cut the crap - at least on a 1 to 1 basis.

I have however been burnt by both sexes to varying degrees

"I don't trust anyone!!

go on, say it

my favourite line .... "

Which one?!

"Women as they can be very manipulative and deceitful "

Same here...both sexes bitch, but women tend to be more vengeful! Have always got on better with Guys, and I also think some women are jealous of that despite the fact that my friendships with men (away from FAB!) are rarely if ever sexual

None, no one, nada.

Doesn't matter the sex, anyone and everyone will screw you over

By *illbillMan  over a year ago

dublin

thatcher....opps wrong thread....

Trust should be earned ! not given freely !

"Who do you trust less ?

Your own sex or the opposite sex ?

I know the stock answers will be 'it's done on an individual basis' or 'it depends on the situation' but lets lump it all together and make some generalisations

If you trust men less, then why ?

likewise, if you trust women less, then why ?"

Gnomes. They're sneaky little sods.

"As a generalisation, men as they have been the ones that have lied and breached my trust more than women."

Yeah and broke my heart!

Women, in work, rest and play also broke my wallet, no trust in 99.9%

Him

the 0.1% is the Mrs

Once the trust as been broken its very hard to find it again amongst all the rubble....i tend not to trust many people at all regardless of what sex they are.

"Trust should be earned ! not given freely ! "

Exactly!!

» Add a new message to this topic