FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Wonderful story

Wonderful story

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oe_Steve_NWest OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bolton

have the local news on the tv - a lot of talk of food banks etc - the one that really made me happy was the story about the muslim community in blackburn collecting food at the mosques and distributing to needy people regardless of their faith - proves that we can all live together in harmony. Z

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"have the local news on the tv - a lot of talk of food banks etc - the one that really made me happy was the story about the muslim community in blackburn collecting food at the mosques and distributing to needy people regardless of their faith - proves that we can all live together in harmony. Z"

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Thats lovely

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

one of the best stories i heard recently was that the couple who won millions on the euro lottery buying a prosthetic leg for a kid who lost his due to cancer.

they have never even met him but still paid for the best that money could buy.

although they got millions they still helped out. i take my hat off to them

Bolton

i know - it's made me look for any food banks near me so i can take some food over - there are some genuinely strapped famillies who need a bit of help. Z

Bolton

"one of the best stories i heard recently was that the couple who won millions on the euro lottery buying a prosthetic leg for a kid who lost his due to cancer.

although they got millions they still helped out. i take my hat off to them"

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"have the local news on the tv - a lot of talk of food banks etc - the one that really made me happy was the story about the muslim community in blackburn collecting food at the mosques and distributing to needy people regardless of their faith - proves that we can all live together in harmony. Z"

Many of the foodbanks are faith based and distribute regardless of faith. The London programme featured an evangelical church that turns itself into an hostel once the evening service is over so that homeless people can sleep somewhere and have something to eat.

i saw that - was very touching - so for all our little grumpy moans puts things into perspective somewhat

"one of the best stories i heard recently was that the couple who won millions on the euro lottery buying a prosthetic leg for a kid who lost his due to cancer.

Also worth a mention is the homeless busker in Manchester who found a purse with £70 in it + all cards and took it in to the ladies bank rather than pocketing it.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Also worth a mention is the homeless busker in Manchester who found a purse with £70 in it + all cards and took it in to the ladies bank rather than pocketing it.

"

Bolton

"Also worth a mention is the homeless busker in Manchester who found a purse with £70 in it + all cards and took it in to the ladies bank rather than pocketing it.

"

These things do restore your faith in human kind, we forget as the media favours bad news. Z

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Stuff like that goes on all the time without the need for donors, like the Weirs, to get themselves in the media about it.

One of the kids I used to teach contracted Meningitis and Septicemia (sp) in June last year. She lost both legs an arm and all the fingers off her last hand. She has suffered severe brain damage as well. When a local inventor found out he made a custom made wheel chair for her in pink which otherwise would have cost a fortune for the family. The man asked for no money and asked for no public recognition, he just did it to help a little girl and her family out.

» Add a new message to this topic