FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Xmas as a singleton

Xmas as a singleton

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've been having texts from friends with kids and partners wishing me a happy Xmas and the like over the last 12 hours and its finally clicked. Xmas is a time for families and couples, being on your own at Xmas is hard. This year I've become responsible for doing a hell of a lot of the organising and its made me think, what would it be like to have a partner again, what would it be like to have a kid at Xmas? I think it'd be a lot more bearable than it is now. I'm trying to wrap presents, pack for tomorrow, go to work and at the same time still be a functioning human being. It's really not easy and I think I'm in danger of drowning under the stress of it all.

But I'll go to work, wrap presents and make sure my brother has a Xmas breakfast and dinner that my dad would have been proud of.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I will be alone this year aswel love but hey we will get over it. Take care and Im sure your brother will appreciate the effort you are making xx

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

Don't get lost in a list of things you 'must do'. Christmas is about family and friends. You and your brother need to focus on each other now.

There are friends out there who are thinking of you xxx

if you had kids you would have a lot more housework to do and probably a lot more stress too.

your quite lucky to have a job and a brother.

By *weet DevilMan  over a year ago

dukinfield

its a lonly time at xmas if you are on your own ive spent 3 xmas now alone i feel blessed that a swinger friend and his wife have ivited me for xmas day

so to everyone who can fix a spare seat at your table why not invite someone you know who otherwise would be alone

you will feel so good about it xx

all the best to everyone xx

"

so to everyone who can fix a spare seat at your table why not invite someone you know who otherwise would be alone

all the best to everyone xx "

Sod that! I've have to cook and they'd probably talk all the way through the Doctor Who Christmas special!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well jay is in london all over christmas at his daughters, callum is working so might not see him until new year. Ive visitors christmas day but that is it. Will be on my own at nights and the rest of the time and guess what..........cant bloody wait

By *ig jugsWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

I know exactly how you are feeling.This is why I think I hate and dreas xmas so much.It actually hurts thinking I am single and no kids and I crave for that "Family day".I cant have kids and although I cope well with this, every xmas it brings it to home and opens up old wounds.I tend to just shut myself away from xmas and stay away from shops, tv until its over x

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I have my little boy but its the first year ill be single at Xmas for a long time. I keep getting choked up every time I look at him because Christmas will now be him being split between 2 parents instead of a lovely family day all together. So I'm half looking forward to it but half dreading it, the fun for me last year was getting everything ready Ruth my bf once my son was in bed Xmas eve. X

I am so glad I am single at this time of year. I don't have an argument as to where I will eat Xmas dinner. It's at my mums and that's it. I fly up to Scotland and run my programme of who I am meeting and when. I am just back from my 3rd bar lunch in 3 days with friends. It would be awkward to have someone else with me that I would have to adapt my timetable of events to suit/include them. I appreciate I am selfish and that's probably why I suit being a singleton

i am on my own for christmas and i still have a lot of work to do so i'll be busy for most of it.

sometimes doing your own thing is great.

By *eryBigGirlWoman  over a year ago

East Yorkshire

"I have my little boy but its the first year ill be single at Xmas for a long time. I keep getting choked up every time I look at him because Christmas will now be him being split between 2 parents instead of a lovely family day all together. So I'm half looking forward to it but half dreading it, the fun for me last year was getting everything ready Ruth my bf once my son was in bed Xmas eve. X "

That's what I hate too having to hand my daughter over any Xmas to a father who thinks little of her but takes her cos he knows I hate it!!

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"..... Christmas is about family and friends.........."

Christmas is about convincing people to buy stuff they can't afford to give to people they don't like so those people can more easily be convinced to reciprocate.

"I am so glad I am single at this time of year. I don't have an argument as to where I will eat Xmas dinner. It's at my mums and that's it. I fly up to Scotland and run my programme of who I am meeting and when. I am just back from my 3rd bar lunch in 3 days with friends. It would be awkward to have someone else with me that I would have to adapt my timetable of events to suit/include them. I appreciate I am selfish and that's probably why I suit being a singleton "

Maybe I'm a little selfish, but for past 14 years it's just been me and my daughter for Xmas, wouldn't change it by getting in a relationship. Like my own space too much. Having a friend with benefits like Will, is all I need lol, with a few others thrown into the mix lol

It's my choice to spend Christmas and Boxing Days on my own with the pets, and I can't wait!

Will be own on my own and dreading it,gonna be a long day probably a few tears

By *ombshellWoman  over a year ago

islington

on my own too, shame u cant hire a partner for christmas day but like a dog they are for life....sod that ! lol

"..... Christmas is about family and friends..........

Christmas is about convincing people to buy stuff they can't afford to give to people they don't like so those people can more easily be convinced to reciprocate."

That is an extremely cynical view of Christmas that doesn't apply in the main. My family is very close and we look forward to Christmas as it's one of the only times of the year we're all together in the same place at the same time- usually at mum's.

By *athfindersCouple  over a year ago

Hull

My husband is away for xmas and new year so I will be all by myself. Every other year he is away and I find it gets harder every time

eassy to get swamped at this time of year with all sorts of emotions - xmas seems to exaggerate it all - so as well as the downs seeming deeper than deep try and think of the good things as extra fantastic -

By *in4sumMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"eassy to get swamped at this time of year with all sorts of emotions - xmas seems to exaggerate it all - so as well as the downs seeming deeper than deep try and think of the good things as extra fantastic - "

It is a stressful time of year. And for those people that suffer from SAD, some joker put the main event 4 days after the shortest day of the year!. Sometimes being on your own gives you the freedom to dance to the beat of your own drum without external pressure to do or feel as others would have you.

By *ig jugsWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

Those on their own should think about volunteering with a charity or homeless shelter.I have.As I said before xmas is a bad time for me, and makes me really hurt and angry.So I decided to volunteer at the salvation army for the day.

By *aris23Woman  over a year ago

France

"

all the best to everyone xx

Sod that! I've have to cook and they'd probably talk all the way through the Doctor Who Christmas special!

"

By *ruitWoman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

I was looking forward to Christmas for the first time in 7 years but plans changed now.

Kids with their dad first time ever til Boxing Day so deffinately not looking forward to it.

But I will do my best to pretend I am fine and get through it.

Fruit x

» Add a new message to this topic