FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Really?????

Really?????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exki11en OP   Woman  over a year ago

Bristol

We've just got in from a night out. I'm working tomorrow and was reasonably sensible (for once) So we're sat with a bacon sarnie (because the kebab shop was shut) when we hear "Beep, beep, beep" a tipper outside the house along with a digger. The council have been working on the road outside but 1am on a Friday???

I went out and expressed my displeasure to be met with "whose your bird" and you'll let us get on with it if you want water"

We have water (the dishwashers on) and it's 1am and we'll never get any sleep as they're outside tipping and digging the road up.

Anyone else think this is unreasonable or is it just us?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is it an emergency? I'm sure we'd not get our council to work at this time otherwise.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

The workers are being paid to do a job which would need doing anyway, unfortunately they are near your house.

It would create much more disruption if it was carried out during the day, but there was no need for one of the contractors to be so rude to you

Well yes I'm sure it was distracting but so be it. There must have been good reason for them to be working at that hour which would override complaints from local residents. Sometimes we have to go through uncomfortable things to ensure we have services in the long run. You'd be moaning more if you didn't have water over christmas.

Unfortunately its just one of them, it'll only be a few hours I'm sure and they will b e gone and you can get some sleep

Next time some contractor gets smart just hassle his line manager and make sure he knows it is because his guy bad mouthed you.

Nobody likes get hassled because someone else is to blame.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

"We've just got in from a night out. I'm working tomorrow and was reasonably sensible (for once) So we're sat with a bacon sarnie (because the kebab shop was shut) when we hear "Beep, beep, beep" a tipper outside the house along with a digger. The council have been working on the road outside but 1am on a Friday???

I went out and expressed my displeasure to be met with "whose your bird" and you'll let us get on with it if you want water"

We have water (the dishwashers on) and it's 1am and we'll never get any sleep as they're outside tipping and digging the road up.

Anyone else think this is unreasonable or is it just us?! "

I just had United Utilities working on my drains this week. All the sewage was backing up. It wasn't causing a problem in the house at that point but would have done over Christmas. So they came out at night and did it. They are contractually obliged to do so. Bit of a pain but at least it won't be causing any problems now.

» Add a new message to this topic