FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > giving back

giving back

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ummy mummy OP   Woman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

I was just sat here feeling sorry for myself about the fact I will be alone on Christmas once the ex collects the kids when I had the thought about giving back...so I called the council volenteer centre to see what there was if anything I could do...help at a homeless shelter or visit someone who would also otherwise be alone...they are making inqueries and just waiting to hear back from them

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I was just sat here feeling sorry for myself about the fact I will be alone on Christmas once the ex collects the kids when I had the thought about giving back...so I called the council volenteer centre to see what there was if anything I could do...help at a homeless shelter or visit someone who would also otherwise be alone...they are making inqueries and just waiting to hear back from them "

Great attitude the world would be so much better if we all thought like you in all aspects of our lives.

Good for you x

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Well done Canuck lady!

southampton-ish

"Well done Canuck lady!"

Thanks everyone...I just kinda had a talk with myself and said listen...buddy....your life ain't half bad at the end of the day...so many in much harder circumstances...

i think thats a great idea, i would like to do the same if i was on my own too, better than being lonely.

What about the salvation Army do they still do soup kitchen etc xmas day?

southampton-ish

"What about the salvation Army do they still do soup kitchen etc xmas day?"

They are making a list of the things closest to me(as I do not drive) and getting back to me

Great idea giving something back to the community

southampton-ish

heard back...easier said than done to try and help others...lol...the majority of the organisations he contacted said that I would have had to have had a crb check,done by them,so not enough time....but,will be getting a call from a local nursing home in the morning about going to visit with their residents

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"heard back...easier said than done to try and help others...lol...the majority of the organisations he contacted said that I would have had to have had a crb check,done by them,so not enough time....but,will be getting a call from a local nursing home in the morning about going to visit with their residents "

Have you tried doing it through a church, you dont have to be religous, ive adopted my old man via the church

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"heard back...easier said than done to try and help others...lol...the majority of the organisations he contacted said that I would have had to have had a crb check,done by them,so not enough time....but,will be getting a call from a local nursing home in the morning about going to visit with their residents

Have you tried doing it through a church, you dont have to be religous, ive adopted my old man via the church"

You really should stop talking about jay like that you know

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"heard back...easier said than done to try and help others...lol...the majority of the organisations he contacted said that I would have had to have had a crb check,done by them,so not enough time....but,will be getting a call from a local nursing home in the morning about going to visit with their residents

Have you tried doing it through a church, you dont have to be religous, ive adopted my old man via the church

You really should stop talking about jay like that you know "

pmsl, your not the first to say that

southampton-ish

Have you tried doing it through a church, you dont have to be religous, ive adopted my old man via 5the church"

Will see what the director of the nursing home has to say...would really enjoy spending time there I think. I like listening to old stories

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

Good on you. Volunteering is very rewarding.

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Think it great that you are trying to do something good with your time. Hope you have a great Christmas and any happiness you bring to others comes straight back at you.

southampton-ish

"Think it great that you are trying to do something good with your time. Hope you have a great Christmas and any happiness you bring to others comes straight back at you."

Emphesis on the trying...lol...just had call back about the nursing home,can't because no time for crb check....may still be home alone afterall...hahaha

By *atchMan  over a year ago

reigate

Good for you, I do charity work during the year and just love Xmas day on my own, cook lunch watch a stupid film and kip on the sofa with no family around forced together for the day and too much politics

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

why cant you be like evry one else;

eat drink sit down and watch

the Italian job;or great escape

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Think it great that you are trying to do something good with your time. Hope you have a great Christmas and any happiness you bring to others comes straight back at you.

Emphesis on the trying...lol...just had call back about the nursing home,can't because no time for crb check....may still be home alone afterall...hahaha"

Give Salvation Army a call sure they like the help

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Think it great that you are trying to do something good with your time. Hope you have a great Christmas and any happiness you bring to others comes straight back at you.

Emphesis on the trying...lol...just had call back about the nursing home,can't because no time for crb check....may still be home alone afterall...hahaha

Give Salvation Army a call sure they like the help"

be the same there will need a crb

I'm sure if ur in the company of a person with a crb check and accompanied at all times u don't have to have one as u r the responsibility of the checked person, worth asking maybe!

What is the world coming to when u can't even help out without h&s getting involved!

You could always make soup and take it to the street people local to u if there r any?

"I'm sure if ur in the company of a person with a crb check and accompanied at all times u don't have to have one as u r the responsibility of the checked person, worth asking maybe!

What is the world coming to when u can't even help out without h&s getting involved!

You could always make soup and take it to the street people local to u if there r any?"

I would strongly advise doing that..as Much as its a good idea you are opening yourself up to allegations and above that no risk assessment would be carried out....

"I'm sure if ur in the company of a person with a crb check and accompanied at all times u don't have to have one as u r the responsibility of the checked person, worth asking maybe!

You could always make soup and take it to the street people local to u if there r any?

I would strongly advise doing that..as Much as its a good idea you are opening yourself up to allegations and above that no risk assessment would be carried out...."

against doing that..

southampton-ish

You could always make soup and take it to the street people local to u if there r any?"

I thought of that,about if I was with someone and they said it did not matter...and salvation army was same thing...need to have a crb check...one last hope but will depend on what time the ex is coming for the kids and if the other person going from my area can give me a lift

It's sad that u so want to help and can't

You could always make soup and take it to the street people local to u if there r any? I thought of that,about if I was with someone and they said it did not matter...and salvation army was same thing...need to have a crb check...one last hope but will depend on what time the ex is coming for the kids and if the other person going from my area can give me a lift"

Just be carful if you choose to do that...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Yeah.....what is the world coming to when we want to protect the vulnerable

I hope you manage to find something to do over Christmas as you set your heart on it x

» Add a new message to this topic