FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > More bad news

More bad news

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just found out from highways that they can't find the registration of the flat bed who lost its wheel and knackered my car. I'm gutted and am now going to lose out on a fortune. How on earth is that fair?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Oh that is dreadful .

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

no cameras on the motorway when you need them - thats awful though xx

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

That is truly crap

Was it a highways agency vehicle? If so, they should be able to find it just by the time and location as I believe they're all lowjacked.

"Was it a highways agency vehicle? If so, they should be able to find it just by the time and location as I believe they're all lowjacked.

"

No it was a flat bed trailer that didn't realise it had lost a tyre.

I'm surprised they couldn't find it though. Must have been on dodgy plates.

What has your insurance company said?

"I'm surprised they couldn't find it though. Must have been on dodgy plates.

What has your insurance company said?"

I was 3 months off protecting my no claims. I've told them but I'm not claiming through them.

I was 3 months off protecting my no claims. I've told them but I'm not claiming through them. "

Have look if there's an online owners club for your vehicle. Often you can buy parts and services at a greatly reduced cost. So that could save you a little money. I saved £200 on a cam belt change because I'm a member of an Alfa Romeo owners website.

I was 3 months off protecting my no claims. I've told them but I'm not claiming through them.

Have look if there's an online owners club for your vehicle. Often you can buy parts and services at a greatly reduced cost. So that could save you a little money. I saved £200 on a cam belt change because I'm a member of an Alfa Romeo owners website."

It's a little old Toyota yaris. The main issue is the damage to body work which is stopping the bonnet closing.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Have you got a quote for fixing it?

You may be able to find replacement panels on eBay or owners club websites (try a google search for yaris forums/owners clubs).

I can't imagine the front panels to be too difficult or expensive to swap on them.

"Have you got a quote for fixing it? "

Not yet but the radiator is knackered and underneath it looks bad as well as the bodywork being bent.

It's a long shot but you could try claiming directly against the Highways Agency for failing to clear a potentially life threatening hazard. They might not take you seriously but in the face of pending litigation they might be more inclined to find the lorry at fault and pass the buck to him.

That is rubbish. New body parts should be able to be sourced pretty cheap. There must be some way of tracing it.

I agree about contacting an owners club. They are great at sourcing things and advice.

I had loads of things sorted on the Alfa and Subaru and the Ford's through them. Even got a repair done because I asked advice and a lovely young man offered to do it for me.

Hugs sweetie x and I pity the wannabes that cross your path this week x

Shame you're not nearer. I love fixing cars when I get time (probably why I own an Alfa!...lol).

"That is rubbish. New body parts should be able to be sourced pretty cheap. There must be some way of tracing it.

I agree about contacting an owners club. They are great at sourcing things and advice.

I had loads of things sorted on the Alfa and Subaru and the Ford's through them. Even got a repair done because I asked advice and a lovely young man offered to do it for me.

Hugs sweetie x and I pity the wannabes that cross your path this week x "

You had an Alfa? A woman of fine taste, which model?

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

"It's a long shot but you could try claiming directly against the Highways Agency for failing to clear a potentially life threatening hazard. They might not take you seriously but in the face of pending litigation they might be more inclined to find the lorry at fault and pass the buck to him."

This is a good suggestion, ask them for the details of the incident, what time it was reported to them (if it had already been reported) and how long they took to attend etc - if they were outside of service standards, you may well be entitled to make a claim.

Did you see the truck? Any details, make model, part reg - anything? You will be surprised just how easy it is for the police to trace a vehicle based on a description only.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"Have you got a quote for fixing it?

Not yet but the radiator is knackered and underneath it looks bad as well as the bodywork being bent. "

You need to get it assessed first, so you know exactly what is wrong with it. Until you know this you can't decide on the best course of action. I know you are concerned about your no claims bonus, but depending on the damage it may not be cost effective to do it yourself.

Not yet but the radiator is knackered and underneath it looks bad as well as the bodywork being bent.

You need to get it assessed first, so you know exactly what is wrong with it. Until you know this you can't decide on the best course of action. I know you are concerned about your no claims bonus, but depending on the damage it may not be cost effective to do it yourself."

Very good point.

"It's a long shot but you could try claiming directly against the Highways Agency for failing to clear a potentially life threatening hazard. They might not take you seriously but in the face of pending litigation they might be more inclined to find the lorry at fault and pass the buck to him."

I'm meeting with a lawyer friend of mine tomorrow wishy. I'll mention that to him. I have an option of going through the Motor Insurance Bureau I think too.

"That is rubbish. New body parts should be able to be sourced pretty cheap. There must be some way of tracing it.

Hugs sweetie x and I pity the wannabes that cross your path this week x "

I pity the one that's already in situ this week as well as wannabes!

You need to get it assessed first, so you know exactly what is wrong with it. Until you know this you can't decide on the best course of action. I know you are concerned about your no claims bonus, but depending on the damage it may not be cost effective to do it yourself."

I have someone coming to look at it tomorrow to give me an estimate I think.

"It's a long shot but you could try claiming directly against the Highways Agency for failing to clear a potentially life threatening hazard. They might not take you seriously but in the face of pending litigation they might be more inclined to find the lorry at fault and pass the buck to him.

I'm meeting with a lawyer friend of mine tomorrow wishy. I'll mention that to him. I have an option of going through the Motor Insurance Bureau I think too. "

The onus is on finding the lorry so by levelling the accusation that the Highways Agency is at fault they may suddenly come up with a plate and a name for you. It'll be hard to corroborate without video evidence but unless the lorry owner has changed all four tyres (which I doubt) he'll have certainly have had to replace one of them (cos he left his old one under your car) and that can be checked.

What I don't get though is how he managed to drive away on three wheels?

"It's a long shot but you could try claiming directly against the Highways Agency for failing to clear a potentially life threatening hazard. They might not take you seriously but in the face of pending litigation they might be more inclined to find the lorry at fault and pass the buck to him.

I'm meeting with a lawyer friend of mine tomorrow wishy. I'll mention that to him. I have an option of going through the Motor Insurance Bureau I think too.

The onus is on finding the lorry so by levelling the accusation that the Highways Agency is at fault they may suddenly come up with a plate and a name for you. It'll be hard to corroborate without video evidence but unless the lorry owner has changed all four tyres (which I doubt) he'll have certainly have had to replace one of them (cos he left his old one under your car) and that can be checked.

What I don't get though is how he managed to drive away on three wheels?"

It was a flat bed wishy, the wheel was part of an unsecured load.

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

I'm meeting with a lawyer friend of mine tomorrow wishy. I'll mention that to him. I have an option of going through the Motor Insurance Bureau I think too. "

This is often the case with untraced drivers or uninsured drivers. You may have a good case as it was not an accident that was your fault, and was caused by an untraced driver.

» Add a new message to this topic