FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not a believer in fate but sometime...

Not a believer in fate but sometime...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

...you can't help but wonder if there is something/one watching out for you..

I wasn't going to go for a pint yesterday afternoon but thought what the hell, I'll have just one. Got chatting to a guy in my local I'd never seen before and he asked what I did for a living and when I told him I was an electrician he told me he was a builder and the sparky he uses at the moment was forever letting him down. He asked me what my rates were and said he had tons of work lined up for next year already. I then got invited to his firm's Xmas piss up on Friday night to meet his business partner with a _iew to drawing up a maintenance contract on an ongoing basis.

And I wasn't going to go for a pint. Glad I did now.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

he might ask you if you wanna shag his missus too, with any luck.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Nice, and a great way to start the year

I met a bunch of naked ladies the other day... How was I to know they were the womens changing rooms

Congratulatons xxx well done and good luck for the future xx

nice one wishy!! all the best with that and hope it works out for you. x

Wooo hooo!! How bloody fantastic!! Best Christmas present me thinks?!

Just love hearing someones good news, good luck wishy, xxx

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"Just love hearing someones good news, good luck wishy, xxx"

+1

This is very nice,

I hope things work out for Friday, I occasionally envy the females luck

Much loves xx

That`s brilliant news just before Christmas, I believe in fate, if it`s meant to be, then it will be, congratulations, now just enjoy Christmas x

Excellent news Wishy, well done!

I am a believer in fate

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Good on you wishy, now all you have to do is give him a copy of your christmas gravy and you will have a job for life

A very lucrative pint there Wishy, good luck and well done.

I am also a huge believer in fate

Nice one!

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

The very best of luck Wishy

well thats just so lovely x xx see you just never know when good things are coming into your life .... x

And at the start of the post i was thinking ooo no bar maid again he is going to perve over , lol

Forum Mod

This is why the local pub is so important to a community

More business arrangements and new contacts are made over a pint in the pub than across a boardroom table

Great news Wishy I hope it leads to huge amounts of work for you x

Great stuff, hope it all.works out for you..

Ps.. Have a great night Friday

By *ittle Minx 73Woman  over a year ago

South Suffolk

That's great news :} What a lovely Christmas present

By *awkeye and HotlipsCouple  over a year ago

Takeley

That's fantastic to hear , I totally believe in fate too (and guardian angels lol) good luck with it all

"...you can't help but wonder if there is something/one watching out for you..

I wasn't going to go for a pint yesterday afternoon but thought what the hell, I'll have just one. Got chatting to a guy in my local I'd never seen before and he asked what I did for a living and when I told him I was an electrician he told me he was a builder and the sparky he uses at the moment was forever letting him down. He asked me what my rates were and said he had tons of work lined up for next year already. I then got invited to his firm's Xmas piss up on Friday night to meet his business partner with a _iew to drawing up a maintenance contract on an ongoing basis.

And I wasn't going to go for a pint. Glad I did now. "

The pub or socializing in general has always beaten the job centre for finding work hands down. So why don't the government close the job centres and open pubs with cheap beer??

"The pub or socializing in general has always beaten the job centre for finding work hands down. So why don't the government close the job centres and open pubs with cheap beer??"

I tried telling my first wife that same thing but she wanted me in the house the moment I stopped working until the moment I left for work the next morning. One day I left and didn't go back.

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

" I do not believe in fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act"..G K Chesterton.

So go to the party and I'm sure you will get the contract!!

Nice one , as long as we all wake up on the 22nd......

Big believer in fate me , you were meant to go the pub you just didn't realize it , what will really freak you out is if it all works out and you look back in a few years an think " where would I have been now if I hadn't gone the pub " !

Congratulations! Love hearing good news

"Congratulations! Love hearing good news "

Makes a change from watching all the morbid news on telly.

"" I do not believe in fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act"..G K Chesterton.

So go to the party and I'm sure you will get the contract!!"

It seems ot be a rubber stamp that I've got the contract as the guy they're using now is a council-employed electrician who moonlights on the quiet. I'm not questioning the ethics of them using him up until now as I know the business and know that when you need a good sparky they can be difficult to find at short notice. This guy is good but hard to get hold of and they now need someone they know will be there when needed. I'm a small business (started trading in Feb last year) so getting in with a busy builder is a passport to steady work. I also did a job for a new Estate Agent last week and he was so pleased with the work I did that he'll be giving my business card to all the people he buys and sells houses to.

And then to top it all, I put in a quote for a rewire yesterday for £4k and it's just been accepted. Works starts in Feb 2013.

All in all, it's been a great week.

"Nice one , as long as we all wake up on the 22nd......

Big believer in fate me , you were meant to go the pub you just didn't realize it , what will really freak you out is if it all works out and you look back in a few years an think " where would I have been now if I hadn't gone the pub " ! "

I know! It's happened before in the past where I turned down one job and was phoned later that day with a better one (before mobile phones) so if I hadn't been around to recieve that call I'd have missed out on a much better job. My instincts are rarely wrong and I've learned to trust them over the years.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"" I do not believe in fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act"..G K Chesterton.

So go to the party and I'm sure you will get the contract!!

It seems ot be a rubber stamp that I've got the contract as the guy they're using now is a council-employed electrician who moonlights on the quiet. I'm not questioning the ethics of them using him up until now as I know the business and know that when you need a good sparky they can be difficult to find at short notice. This guy is good but hard to get hold of and they now need someone they know will be there when needed. I'm a small business (started trading in Feb last year) so getting in with a busy builder is a passport to steady work. I also did a job for a new Estate Agent last week and he was so pleased with the work I did that he'll be giving my business card to all the people he buys and sells houses to.

And then to top it all, I put in a quote for a rewire yesterday for £4k and it's just been accepted. Works starts in Feb 2013.

All in all, it's been a great week. "

Well Done Wishy.

If things go aswell as you hope you won't need this, but if work slows down at all or you can see it slowing down in the future, have a look/google at a Breakfast Club called BNI (Business Network International), I know a few sparky's and plumbers whom joined this organisiation and it gave them regular work. If you want to know more, just PM me and I'll happily update you as to how it works.

Best of Luck

Mark

"If things go aswell as you hope you won't need this, but if work slows down at all or you can see it slowing down in the future, have a look/google at a Breakfast Club called BNI (Business Network International), I know a few sparky's and plumbers whom joined this organisiation and it gave them regular work. If you want to know more, just PM me and I'll happily update you as to how it works.

Best of Luck

Mark"

I've had a look at BNI already and the reason I didn't join it is because it asks you to attend every Friday morning at 7am and I just can't do Fridays at the moment (we have an 11m old littleun and she doesn't go to nursery full time yet), but it's something I'll keep on the back burner until both our kids are in full time school. Thanks for the heads up though.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

well done... hoping a great 2013 for you, yours and your business

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Well done Wishy!

I can't help thinking you have skirted around the most important issue though.

The Christmas party did you drill anyone? Was there a photocopier? More info please.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"If things go aswell as you hope you won't need this, but if work slows down at all or you can see it slowing down in the future, have a look/google at a Breakfast Club called BNI (Business Network International), I know a few sparky's and plumbers whom joined this organisiation and it gave them regular work. If you want to know more, just PM me and I'll happily update you as to how it works.

Best of Luck

Mark

I've had a look at BNI already and the reason I didn't join it is because it asks you to attend every Friday morning at 7am and I just can't do Fridays at the moment (we have an 11m old littleun and she doesn't go to nursery full time yet), but it's something I'll keep on the back burner until both our kids are in full time school. Thanks for the heads up though. "

No problem Wishy, I think BNI do also have the odd lunchtime meeting which your right you'd have to go to weekly. A seperate thought is there are other Breakfast meeting clubs which do the same as BNI but don't have the same rules about attendance though you do only get out of it what you put in. Best of luck anyway.

"Well done Wishy!

The Christmas party did you drill anyone? Was there a photocopier? More info please."

Haven't been to it yet, it's on Friday ya loon!! And I think it'll be full of pissed up paddies so I'm going to take three shovels with me and them to take their pick. That'll fuck 'em for sure, for sure.

Good for you Wishy - hope it brings you loads of pennies...

One thing though - I'd leave it a couple of weeks before you tap his Missus up for a 1-2-1.... or at least get Boxing Day out the way.....

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

Fate! what warped power would predetermine and order the course of events that coincided in twenty innocent 5/6 year old children being slaughtered at their school on a sunny Friday in Connecticut.

As humans we want to believe there is some kind of order to our existence, it helps us to come to terms with our mortality and uniqueness. So we build retrospective algorithms in order to explain, usually, important events.

The fate of the Newtown children is a terrible reminder that our lives and deaths can be determined by an entirely random sequence of events

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"Well done Wishy!

The Christmas party did you drill anyone? Was there a photocopier? More info please.

Haven't been to it yet, it's on Friday ya loon!! And I think it'll be full of pissed up paddies so I'm going to take three shovels with me and them to take their pick. That'll fuck 'em for sure, for sure. "

Sorry I forget not everyone can time-travel

» Add a new message to this topic