FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mixed emotions

Mixed emotions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ruit OP   Woman  over a year ago

near kings lynn

My kids are spending Chridtmas with their dad this year for the first time at their request.

They come back boxing day and that will be our Christmas eve with them then the folliwing day our Christmas day.

I have to say I have mixed emotions about it. Am so pleased for them that they will get thst day with their dad but am expecting it to be hard for me and them without seeing them.

I will call them if course and maybe do face time on the mobile.

I am excited about some free time and finishing work but Christmas time is hard for me normally for certain reasons and with plans changed I am excited but aldo dreading it.

I know lots of people dont get to see their kids Christmas day so can only imagine how hard it must be.

So my question is what do I do to get through the day....speak to kids then get piddled and read my book while getting more piddled and fed up. Just nit looking forward ti Christmas eve or day as both days are normally exciting. I am spending it with my parents so going to be strange for all.

( sorry just needed an undeserving winge)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

just enjoy the day with your mum and dad... your kids will be fine with their dad and back the next day.

if you are feeling low on the day, avoid too much alcohol that may make it worse not better.

mum and dads are special and not here for ever.... have a fabby day with them xx and your kids with their dad x

near kings lynn

Its my parents first ine without them too so feel like I need to keep them up too lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Enjoy it one adult xmas one child xmas xxx

Your just having xmas day a little bit later.

I know our little ones would love 2 xmas's

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Its my parents first ine without them too so feel like I need to keep them up too lol"

I would feel sad too, you are lucky to still have your parents though.

Dont drink too much just make you feel terible.

Make the most of your time with your parents though because you will miss them one day when there not there.

By *azzaahhWoman  over a year ago

north wales / chester

I'm in same situation my kids live with their dad so only see them every six weeks as it is .but this Christmas is my first where I've not had them will pick them up on 28th but dreading Xmas day ...volunteered to work nights Xmas eve but still have Xmas day to get through once I'm awake x

my first xmas without the kids was 8 yrs ago - they were 10 and 13 - i had them xmas eve ad xmas day morning so not completely without - the hardest thing ws they were with their dad and his family that were my family and that hurt more that i missed all that togetherness - this was all pre -fab type lifestyle(groan ) and i spent a lot of the day on msn to a couple of friends in similar situations - we watched the crap tv together , had a few drinks etc - the kids rang me several times over the couple of days they were away - theyve never done it since to the same extent - prefer to be with me - but now xmas day is a day to get through and my job now means i usually work some of it - hope its ok for you xxxxx

near kings lynn

I am looking forward to reading my book as dont normally get to read it lol.

I may buy myself a dvd and go hide and watch it lol.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

not sure wot ur circumstances are but my partner neva got xmas with his kids however we always had boxing day with them and took them away for the day to my parents .. however his ex was always very kind spirited and did drop the kids off for half an hour on xmas morning to let them open their presents off us.

I think it is especially important on such a big occasion for the children, that the day does not get spoilt for them by adults differences, and as long as u can maintain that, then ur almost certainly onto a winner.

Wishing u and ur family a very merry xmas and a prosperous new year X

near kings lynn

Kids gone to their dads now so sure they will have fun x

» Add a new message to this topic