FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > XMAS DINNER

XMAS DINNER

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unlovers OP   Couple  over a year ago

rotherham

Is it down to the women to be stuck in the kitchen all day messing about with the dinner.....or do you guys take your turn

I hate it when hubby does dinner then leaves me all the pots....nice

I soooooooo love xmas

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I never get stuck in the kitchen....good preparations and its all good.....do not liie anyone interferring in my cooking....do get help clearing away and have dishwasher so alls gonna be good in my kitchen xmas day

The kitchen is my domain on Xmas Day (Wishy, male) and I often get various women sneaking in trying to help but tbh all they end up doing is getting under my feet and disrupting my carefully organised plan. Siren's mother is old school and has cooked the meals for her family all her life so she isn't used to seeing a male cooking such a 'complex' dinner and she offers to help every five minutes on Xmas Day.

I tend to clean as I go and the dishwasher is on by the time I've started serving (as it normally takes two loads to clean everything) and if I don't get the first load going asap I end up with no room to spread the plates out to serve.

It's all meticulously planned out and god help anyone who gets in my way.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

At my brother's so he's cooking. But washing up will be my duty.

To stop any arguements we have cancelled Xmas dinner, no dirty pots and pans after all its just another roast dinner.

Might settle for a chilli

I do all the cooking Xmas day but the veg prep and clearing up is down to hubby and the kids. I've found if you just treat it like any other time you have a roast theres no stress and you get to enjoy the day with everyone else instead of stuck in the kitchen.

"Is it down to the women to be stuck in the kitchen all day messing about with the dinner.....or do you guys take your turn

I soooooooo love xmas"

Haha mirrors my thread

"Is it down to the women to be stuck in the kitchen all day messing about with the dinner.....or do you guys take your turn

I soooooooo love xmas"

We will have a joint effort cooking but I would imagine I will be on tidy up duty after

LOL Jane go in the kitchen and cook dont make me laugh lol the only thing she knows about the kitchen is its there and it scares the crap out of her lol

I couldn't not have a traditional christmas lunch, it just wouldn't seem right to me.

I cook christmas lunch, I know what I'm doing, things are planned etc, and I don't like help really

We always have the traditional dinner.

We drink wine and work together with music on and the (now grownup) kids hanging round being silly. It's the best part of xmas for us.

its me and the kids meal so me and the kids all muck in and prepare , check , cook , serve and eat - think i end up with the washing up though

» Add a new message to this topic