FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > insomnia

insomnia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone got any wonder cures?

developed it over the last cpl of years - its a royal pain!

Isnt there a sleep clinic or something somewhere?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

There are no wonder cures ufortunately. This is the 5th night in a row I am fully awake.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Im on my 3rd, if i wasnt working then it wouldnt be as much of a problem as it currently is - 16 years of shifts hasnt helped im sure..,

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

First night I'm awake all night in a bit but 5th 11th bad night in a row for me. Getting fed up now.

i never sleep like ever

Priorities.... Get those right, and sod the unimportant crap.... Do it now... Before the stroke/ heart attack....

Failing that..... Citalopram... And strong wrists....

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"Priorities.... Get those right, and sod the unimportant crap.... Do it now... Before the stroke/ heart attack....

Failing that..... Citalopram... And strong wrists.... "

Isn't citalopram an antidepressant? I'm sure I had those after I had my son and they made my heart race and stopped me sleeping. Different for everyone tho I suppose. X

"Priorities.... Get those right, and sod the unimportant crap.... Do it now... Before the stroke/ heart attack....

Isn't citalopram an antidepressant? I'm sure I had those after I had my son and they made my heart race and stopped me sleeping. Different for everyone tho I suppose. X"

It is an antidepressant but its also known for making people sleepy. But like you said, everyone is different.

One benefit of insomnia, 0 sleeps till Christmas!....(sorry)

Isn't citalopram an antidepressant? I'm sure I had those after I had my son and they made my heart race and stopped me sleeping. Different for everyone tho I suppose. X"

It is... But a very low dose "takes the edge off the day" and gives the brain a chance to recover at night....

Depression is an insidious bastard, which sneaks up on you and forms a vicious cycle with sleep deprivation.....

Another cause of sleep loss can be dehydration.... Drink more water and cut right down on caffeine and alcohol....

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

You are preaching to the converted here euro. Clinically chronic insomniac for over 20 years!!

Check out your Histamine levels as they control aspects of sleep.

suffered for over 15 yrs - just the way it is - i just sleep when i can dont stress over trying to stay awake when i get home after work - if i crash so be it - then if im awake half the night so what - body will sleep if it needs and it will even if its just an hour - not ideal but worrying less about it definately helps

» Add a new message to this topic