FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Apart from a Big Turkey Xmas pudding?

Apart from a Big Turkey Xmas pudding?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What do you make at Xmas that's special to eat you don't always have .?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

smoked salmon on blinis with a tiny bit of caviar,and bucks fizz ,christmas morning breakfast

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"smoked salmon on blinis with a tiny bit of caviar,and bucks fizz ,christmas morning breakfast "

I made them on Saturday they were yummy..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ushka and Golabki.

Polish peasant food. I.can't usually be bothered to make it from scratch but Christmas eve is special for me.

This year for boxing day party one thing i am doing is truffles but i am making a big bowel of truffle mix and have all the topping people get hot spoons and make there own ... nuts .. coco , diffrent things to go around the home made truffle. I will be making all sorts of home made things.

Sweet potato and carrot lightly mashed together mixed with double cream and seasoned with nutmeg….

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"This year for boxing day party one thing i am doing is truffles but i am making a big bowel of truffle mix and have all the topping people get hot spoons and make there own ... nuts .. coco , diffrent things to go around the home made truffle. I will be making all sorts of home made things."

What a fab idea Jo.... x

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"smoked salmon on blinis with a tiny bit of caviar,and bucks fizz ,christmas morning breakfast

I made them on Saturday they were yummy.. "

They were very yummy x

I will make Black bacon ... Its a big bacon joint with black treacle and ginger over the skin ... so end up black clacking , lol and i make a home made Cumberland sauce with oranges and lemons .. yummmm xx

Jam and coconut tarts ,pigs in blankets and a massive fresh cream trifle with blamongue x

One thing i make most boxing days is cold turkey curry mayonnaise ,,, tell you most people love this .. all left over cold turkey a jay of curry sauce some jam about 4 big spoon full and 4 big spoons applesauce and a half big jar or more mayonnaise ..I put sultanas in too ... I make rice and bag of frozen mix veg more sultanas get a big meat plate make a ring of rice and veg mixed and curry in middle .. have this cold and i cut tomato's on top and onions.

On boxing day I make scottish square sausage and black pudding with left over dumpling fried! Only time of the year we have fried not grilled!

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"One thing i make most boxing days is cold turkey curry mayonnaise ,,, tell you most people love this .. all left over cold turkey a jay of curry sauce some jam about 4 big spoon full and 4 big spoons applesauce and a half big jar or more mayonnaise ..I put sultanas in too ... I make rice and bag of frozen mix veg more sultanas get a big meat plate make a ring of rice and veg mixed and curry in middle .. have this cold and i cut tomato's on top and onions."

Gee if Liverpool were playing Norwich away on Boxing Day, I think i'd be asking for an invite for me and the boys......

"One thing i make most boxing days is cold turkey curry mayonnaise ,,, tell you most people love this .. all left over cold turkey a jay of curry sauce some jam about 4 big spoon full and 4 big spoons applesauce and a half big jar or more mayonnaise ..I put sultanas in too ... I make rice and bag of frozen mix veg more sultanas get a big meat plate make a ring of rice and veg mixed and curry in middle .. have this cold and i cut tomato's on top and onions.

Gee if Liverpool were playing Norwich away on Boxing Day, I think i'd be asking for an invite for me and the boys...... "

ok your welcome its open house here boxing day , lol

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

I reheat a KFC bought late on Xmas Eve. It's special and unique as normally I eat it straight from the KFC but as they are closed on Xmas Day, I have to reheat it so it's almost home made..........

By *ixenSubminxiveWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Leftover Christmas pudding fried in brandy butter for breakfast on Boxing Day!

The sugar in the butter caramelises! Tastes great. Sometimes pour cream on top too!

"I reheat a KFC bought late on Xmas Eve. It's special and unique as normally I eat it straight from the KFC but as they are closed on Xmas Day, I have to reheat it so it's almost home made.........."
ooo you poor thing , lol I love making things i am a feeder ... i had 13 yesterday turn up for roast .. 4 was sons friends , lol And this morning he come into my bed room said mum they said best roast thay ever had , lol

"Leftover Christmas pudding fried in brandy butter for breakfast on Boxing Day!

The sugar in the butter caramelises! Tastes great. Sometimes pour cream on top too! "

yes christmas left over pudding fried in butter is yumm with thick cream , its ok we dont have it every day , lol will give brandy butter a go. xx

Gameforit please can I come to yours for xmas, your yummy and so is your food. I will be making fresh bread xmas morning. Great with the bacon sarnies and pate. X

It sounds really yummy Jo, you sound like a really good cook.

I am not a good cook and mainly do traditional meals, but its a good job that my family like this kind of thing. We're not a spicy type family and of course I wont touch garlic.

We will have goose at christmas, so that is different from turkey I guess.

"Leftover Christmas pudding fried in brandy butter for breakfast on Boxing Day!

The sugar in the butter caramelises! Tastes great. Sometimes pour cream on top too! "

also fried in brandy butter on top of vanilla ice cream hot and cold yummm. x

OK this is diffrent bit like mince pices.. jar sweet mince meat 2 big table spoons plane flour 2 egg yolks and mix together. Beat egg whites untill stiff fold in ... fry in butter and little veg oil .. like little pancaks untill brown , Have hot with cream or ice cream or brandy butter ,

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

"OK this is diffrent bit like mince pices.. jar sweet mince meat 2 big table spoons plane flour 2 egg yolks and mix together. Beat egg whites untill stiff fold in ... fry in butter and little veg oil .. like little pancaks untill brown , Have hot with cream or ice cream or brandy butter ,"
yum im going to give this a try

Roast duck.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

A large pan of mulled wine

Jo you are the Nigella Lawson of Fab

By *ummy mummyWoman  over a year ago

southampton-ish

Ok..I am alone Christmas day after kids open their pressies and head off to their father's...I think I am going to head over to your's Jo, show up like an orphan on your doorstep...lol

The one thing we are having with our christmas meal christmas eve is StoveTop stuffing that my mum has sent over from canada...just a packaged stuufing mix but it is a part of back home's memories

"Jo you are the Nigella Lawson of Fab "
lol i am i spend hours tied to my Aga . And cook books are my joy ,

» Add a new message to this topic