FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Prescribed Heating

Prescribed Heating

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

The NHS are running a trial were it prescribes heating to keep people well and out of hospital. The trial has proved successful and is being expanded. It's all over the news. What has the UK come to ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Who'd a thought it? Avoiding freezing in a damp hovel with fungus covered walls helps prevent dying of lung disease and skin rot. Next thing we'll be discovering germ theory, and finding that drinking clean water instead of stuff from the rivers full of shit stops cholera and dysentry.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Is that a result of the little boy dying because of prolonged exposure to black mould?

East London

Who has to pay for the heating?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How would that work if they can't afford it? Do energy companies have to provide it free to the customer because it's on prescription?

Evie

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Who has to pay for the heating?"

Nobody... Nhs is free right?

East London

Just read the article.

Makes sense to pay for people to be warm and maintain their health, instead of paying for costly hospital treatment.

East London

"Who has to pay for the heating?

Nobody... Nhs is free right? "

Was checking the patient didn't have to pay for extra heaters.

Seems the NHS are prescribing heat instead of treatment after people become more unwell and are hospitalised.

By *agertha73Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Just read the article.

Makes sense to pay for people to be warm and maintain their health, instead of paying for costly hospital treatment.

"

Careful. The right wingers will be on to you in a moment for giving things away for free, even if it does save money in their taxes in the long run.

East London

"Just read the article.

Careful. The right wingers will be on to you in a moment for giving things away for free, even if it does save money in their taxes in the long run."

Fuck 'em. They'll always have something to abuse the poor and sick about.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-63707689

Oh I forgot my job!!

Evie

So people who cannot afford to heat their homes will pay for people to heat their homes?

"So people who cannot afford to heat their homes will pay for people to heat their homes?"

Instead of paying for their medical care

By *alifaxsuetvcdTV/TS  over a year ago

halifax

Seems the NHS are prescribing heat instead of treatment after people become more unwell and are hospitalised.

Another example of not reading what was there, I suggest you all read digest then post or can't you read small letters only the headlines.

"

"So people who cannot afford to heat their homes will pay for people to heat their homes?

Instead of paying for their medical care "

Rubbish

Tin town

"

Worth a try. I wonder if that will include illnesses you can't see? Such as Mental health issues too?

Although I'd have thought it would be under the welfare state umbrella more than the nhs one.

"So people who cannot afford to heat their homes will pay for people to heat their homes?

Rubbish "

It's what it says in the article

The young lady they interviewed said that having her energy bills covered really helped her chronic conditions and she did not have a flare up requiring hospitalisation.

Evie

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"The NHS are running a trial were it prescribes heating to keep people well and out of hospital. The trial has proved successful and is being expanded. It's all over the news. What has the UK come to ?"
heating people individually..... Is it using microwaves?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My mum needed to be warm. Heart failure, certain medication and not being able to move much meant that she was permanently cold. If she got too cold it brought on chest pain and she needed to be blue lighted to hospital. Fortunately they could afford to heat their home or at least the room she was in 24/7, I doubt they'd be able to now. So she would have been in hospital or care. I think paying to heat their home would have been cheaper and there must be thousands of people like that

East London

"So people who cannot afford to heat their homes will pay for people to heat their homes?"

You won't be paying any more than you already do.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

All tax and national insurance payers contribute.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

We're warming up but freezing to death at the same time. Oh the blessed irony of it all...

East London

Worth a try. I wonder if that will include illnesses you can't see? Such as Mental health issues too?

Although I'd have thought it would be under the welfare state umbrella more than the nhs one. "

I don't know if being colder affects mental health as much as, say, arthritis or heart disease. I'm assuming only the most at risk will get help as there are a lot of people-including myself-with arthritis, fibromyalgia, and other musculoskeletal diseases. Although my pain is very bad when I'm cold I don't think I'm at risk of being hospitalised.

If I get too cold I'll go to bed with a hot water bottle and my dogs. I'm managing the energy bills with the help were getting at the moment though and I have other help if needed.

East London

All tax and national insurance payers contribute."

And people assume that disabled and sick people have never paid either.

All tax and national insurance payers contribute."

That is my point. Some of those taxpayers cannot afford to heat their homes.

That is my point. Some of those taxpayers cannot afford to heat their homes. "

Some of them are probably the disabled ones who need to heat their homes. You do get that no additional money is being taken from people for this (at the moment), right?! And that most disabled or chronically ill people also pay taxes?!

Evie

Some of them are probably the disabled ones who need to heat their homes. You do get that no additional money is being taken from people for this (at the moment), right?! And that most disabled or chronically ill people also pay taxes?!

Evie"

Where is the money coming from then? The Magic money tree?

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Another thread that demonstrates the lack of compassion of some towards the needy and infirm. God forbid anyone was in their shoes. I am out

Tin town

That is very true. Indeed its probably most tax payers right now. Certainly for me and my kids. But... If it is cheaper to prevent than cure... Makes sense from reducing overall spending... Plus it might put a smile on someone's face.

Now it's reasonable to debate the "fairness" of it but there is so much fucked up with the way our tax money is spent that this one may make more sense than many...and we haven't even got into the cold weather yet.

"Another thread that demonstrates the lack of compassion of some towards the needy and infirm. God forbid anyone was in their shoes. I am out "

Compassion is very selective nowadays. Local paper is running a story about a three year old girl with an inoperable brain tumour. She is having experimental treatment 80 miles away.Her mum naturally wants to be with her so has given up work. Has she received any help? You know the answer. My point is where do you draw the line?

That is very true. Indeed its probably most tax payers right now. Certainly for me and my kids. But... If it is cheaper to prevent than cure... Makes sense from reducing overall spending... Plus it might put a smile on someone's face.

Now it's reasonable to debate the "fairness" of it but there is so much fucked up with the way our tax money is spent that this one may make more sense than many...and we haven't even got into the cold weather yet. "

Well said.

Evie

Where is the money coming from then? The Magic money tree?"

From the savings of them not needing expensive medical treatment in hospital....

Evie

Tin town

"Another thread that demonstrates the lack of compassion of some towards the needy and infirm. God forbid anyone was in their shoes. I am out "

What if the needy and infirm are some of the very tax payers who are paying to gift their "heating" that they need to someone else who is needy and infirm and the only difference is that they have filled in a form or managed to see a gp?

It is perfectly reasonable to challenge the gifting of our tax money to others and to do so doesn't make a lack of compassion. It's called looking after your pennies.

Tin town

"Another thread that demonstrates the lack of compassion of some towards the needy and infirm. God forbid anyone was in their shoes. I am out

Compassion is very selective nowadays. Local paper is running a story about a three year old girl with an inoperable brain tumour. She is having experimental treatment 80 miles away.Her mum naturally wants to be with her so has given up work. Has she received any help? You know the answer. My point is where do you draw the line?

"

I suspect the line is the ones who know how to tap into such funding or who are signposted to it v those who haven't got a clue or can't get it to work for them...

Currently my energy bill is 25% of my total income, predicted to increase come April. I receive no benefits in any form so can I have my bill paid "just in case"?

By *unmatt888Man  over a year ago

Duns

Rubbish "

What’s your medical speciality?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yep or pay for private healthcare when NHS waiting lists are too long. The current 'system ' is that all the poorest in society support each other so that the wealthiest don't have to (I know it's more nuanced than that). Why do you think that Jeremy Hunt dropped the phrase "we are a compassionate society" into his budget speech? To keep us donating to food banks, ensuring nobody freezes to death by paying their heating bills etc and while we're busy doing that we don't have time to question shareholders of energy companies receiving huge dividends.

But it's what we've got to work with at the moment so I'm going with it until I can vote to change it.

Tin town

Yep or pay for private healthcare when NHS waiting lists are too long. The current 'system ' is that all the poorest in society support each other so that the wealthiest don't have to (I know it's more nuanced than that). Why do you think that Jeremy Hunt dropped the phrase "we are a compassionate society" into his budget speech? To keep us donating to food banks, ensuring nobody freezes to death by paying their heating bills etc and while we're busy doing that we don't have time to question shareholders of energy companies receiving huge dividends.

But it's what we've got to work with at the moment so I'm going with it until I can vote to change it. "

I suspect rather a lot of lifelong tories would vote to change it if there were an option. Its a very worrying and challenging time for many people.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

But it's what we've got to work with at the moment so I'm going with it until I can vote to change it.

I suspect rather a lot of lifelong tories would vote to change it if there were an option. Its a very worrying and challenging time for many people. "

It is extremely challenging and worrying for many but there are still people who refuse to believe it, who say they should manage better, put an extra layer on etc etc . Although it's been a while since I've seen the BMW at the foodbank argument

The worlds gone mad and we’re getting the brunt end

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Threads like this really help separate out those who have read the article, those who haven't and those who just hate the very idea that someone might be helped.

By *ehindHerEyesCouple  over a year ago

SomewhereOnlyWeKnow

Its a sad state of affairs that the energy companies have been allowed to get away with the amount it costs to heat a home for anyone, especially those that are only just managing to get by. The fact the NHS is already under pressure as it is and then to have to add this to their ever increasing budgets just to make sure people have a warm home that will aid their recovery or prevent them getting recurring illnesses and needing medical treatment just makes me shake my head

Tg x

"Currently my energy bill is 25% of my total income, predicted to increase come April. I receive no benefits in any form so can I have my bill paid "just in case"?"

No because that isn't what I'd happening here.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Evie

Where is the money coming from then? The Magic money tree?"

There's no magic money tree unless the government need billions because they tanked the economy. The money was found the quickly and easy enough

"Currently my energy bill is 25% of my total income, predicted to increase come April. I receive no benefits in any form so can I have my bill paid "just in case"?"

You're getting help with your utilities though. We all are?

"Threads like this really help separate out those who have read the article, those who haven't and those who just hate the very idea that someone might be helped. "

It's crazy isn't it. Sineinevwith chronic illness needing help with utilities to stay out of hospital, of all the emotions that potentially provokes im struggling why it seems to make some people jealous and/or angry

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Maybe they'll be able to catch up on the backlog from covid as they'll have more bed space.

You're spending the money on the people whether they're being treated in hospital or treated at home, so surely if they can be at home that makes more sense?

Yes, it really is a crappy situation. But right here, right now, that's the situation we're in.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I'm not sure what the problem is..

Well apart from the usual lack of empathy, common sense and plain old humanity that some use threads such as this to exhibit like some sort of daft badge..

If it's cheaper to deal with the health issues that some in society have by this idea than it is by them deteriorating and possibly picking up other associated ailments which puts them in hospital what is the issue..?

Unless you've got unlimited wealth and can afford the best ever treatment for whatever life is going to throw at you then why whine about something that is a more cost effective option?

Prevention is better than cure..

Everyone pays tax. The needy could be less needy if they paid less tax.

The argument against this seems to be because the needy also use heating. The fact they are currently paying for others meds etc, and this may reduce the NHS bill seems to be missed.

"Currently my energy bill is 25% of my total income, predicted to increase come April. I receive no benefits in any form so can I have my bill paid "just in case"?

No because that isn't what I'd happening here. "

It is exactly that.They are paying to try and pre-empt any possible illness

"Currently my energy bill is 25% of my total income, predicted to increase come April. I receive no benefits in any form so can I have my bill paid "just in case"?

You're getting help with your utilities though. We all are?"

Energy bills are "capped " at three times what I paid six months ago. Hardly help

It is exactly that.They are paying to try and pre-empt any possible illness "

I thought about this while I was out and yes in a way it is that but it's a very educated guess based on the history of their chronic illness or knowledge of how to better aid recovery. They're not just picking random people to prescribe energy costs to so my answer still stands.....no (unless you have an illness or chronic condition that means cold temperatures could cause a flare up).

Energy bills are "capped " at three times what I paid six months ago. Hardly help"

Did you not get a hand out?

Energy bills are "capped " at three times what I paid six months ago. Hardly help"

the cap is per unit so not sure that reads correctly. The max per unit has less than doubled since April if I've googled correctly. No idea where it would be without it.

But I get why this would annoy people given it's so comparable. Would you rather the NHS didnt do it, and paid more for care later ?

Or do you disagree it will help ?

Energy bills are "capped " at three times what I paid six months ago. Hardly helpthe cap is per unit so not sure that reads correctly. The max per unit has less than doubled since April if I've googled correctly. No idea where it would be without it.

But I get why this would annoy people given it's so comparable. Would you rather the NHS didnt do it, and paid more for care later ?

Or do you disagree it will help ?"

I think it will be so poorly targeted it will fail.There are 10 million chronically ill in the country apparently and they cannot help them all

Energy bills are "capped " at three times what I paid six months ago. Hardly helpthe cap is per unit so not sure that reads correctly. The max per unit has less than doubled since April if I've googled correctly. No idea where it would be without it.

I think it will be so poorly targeted it will fail.There are 10 million chronically ill in the country apparently and they cannot help them all"

but can it help some ? If it helps some, will that still count as a failure ? And is it better than the alternative of not trying it?

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

25% of your income? Either that is some serious energy inefficiency, or you are on a low income. If you are on a low income you can claim universal credit.

Energy bills are "capped " at three times what I paid six months ago. Hardly help

25% of your income? Either that is some serious energy inefficiency, or you are on a low income. If you are on a low income you can claim universal credit."

I have savings too so can claim nothing

I think it will be so poorly targeted it will fail.There are 10 million chronically ill in the country apparently and they cannot help them all"

I'm nit sure if there are 10 million chronically ill ppeople Britain but even if it is that high not all will require heating

The difference is They are not likely to end up in hospital if they get cold.

It really is awful that people genuinely begrudge The most vulnerable in our society any help.

It is exactly that.They are paying to try and pre-empt any possible illness "

No that is not what's happening.

This is for people who have serious chronic illnesses already.

I think it will be so poorly targeted it will fail.There are 10 million chronically ill in the country apparently and they cannot help them all

I'm nit sure if there are 10 million chronically ill ppeople Britain but even if it is that high not all will require heating "

The figure I quoted was from memory. Just checked NHS England website. 15 million in England alone!!

No there isn't. There are 15 million people in this country with some form of disability not all of those in fact the vast majority will be in In receipt of disability benefits.

I'm nit sure if there are 10 million chronically ill ppeople Britain but even if it is that high not all will require heating

The figure I quoted was from memory. Just checked NHS England website. 15 million in England alone!!"

Where in the article does it say anybody with a preexisting condition will get heating prescribed?

I think it will be so poorly targeted it will fail.There are 10 million chronically ill in the country apparently and they cannot help them all No there isn't. There are 15 million people in this country with some form of disability not all of those in fact the vast majority will be in In receipt of disability benefits. "

Will not. In fact only 2.8 million are.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Yes good idea was listening to that on Jeremy vine show this morning x

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

So a month of heating for the price of a prescription (@£9.00) in England or free for the rest of the UK, great for those people that genuinely need such support; this will definitely save lives - Still means that the greedy, heatless share holder in the oil and gas industries get their huge profits.

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

"Yes good idea was listening to that on Jeremy vine show this morning x"

Is he back? Wasn't his show taken off air once ?

The figure I quoted was from memory. Just checked NHS England website. 15 million in England alone!!"

The first article I read said that includes people with conditions like hypertension and asthma, and while both can be fatal and I'm not down playing either most people will be well controlled and definitely not requite heating support.

The sane article gave sine interesting statistics around chronic conditions and poverty and also the strains it places on the NHS including 70% of all hospital inpatients, which makes it clear why this is neccesary.

It's like prescribing gym memberships and diet plans in some cases it can makeva huge difference

The figure I quoted was from memory. Just checked NHS England website. 15 million in England alone!!

The first article I read said that includes people with conditions like hypertension and asthma, and while both can be fatal and I'm not down playing either most people will be well controlled and definitely not requite heating support.

The sane article gave sine interesting statistics around chronic conditions and poverty and also the strains it places on the NHS including 70% of all hospital inpatients, which makes it clear why this is neccesary.

It's like prescribing gym memberships and diet plans in some cases it can makeva huge difference "

Absolutely. For too long in this country we have been all about emergency care. Often if things are dealt with much earlier and in a very targeted way it saves the individual a lot of suffering and the country a lot of money.

By *ackandtheunicornCouple  over a year ago

liverpool

It should be a basic human right for everyone to have a warm home.

We can easily afford it as a country just most wealth is in the hands of a few.

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

"It should be a basic human right for everyone to have a warm home.

We can easily afford it as a country just most wealth is in the hands of a few. "

"The NHS are running a trial were it prescribes heating to keep people well and out of hospital. The trial has proved successful and is being expanded. It's all over the news. What has the UK come to ?"

Reeks of back door privatisation if you ask me and just shouldn’t be necessary, unfortunately there will always be the has nots and I would think it’s aimed at the elderly who live alone and who are supported in some way by either nursing or social care

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

I’ve just read the article and it sounds like a great idea to me. No one should be expected to live in cold, damp, dark conditions that have implications for their health and well-being.

Threads like these really show peoples true colours, don’t they? The lack of empathy in some people astounds me. Government will carry on with their cockups and swindling yet people continue to begrudge those most in need.

"The NHS are running a trial were it prescribes heating to keep people well and out of hospital. The trial has proved successful and is being expanded. It's all over the news. What has the UK come to ?

Reeks of back door privatisation if you ask me and just shouldn’t be necessary, unfortunately there will always be the has nots and I would think it’s aimed at the elderly who live alone and who are supported in some way by either nursing or social care"

How? And no it isn't aimed at the elderly it is aimed at working aged people with severe chronic illness.

"The NHS are running a trial were it prescribes heating to keep people well and out of hospital. The trial has proved successful and is being expanded. It's all over the news. What has the UK come to ?

Reeks of back door privatisation if you ask me and just shouldn’t be necessary, unfortunately there will always be the has nots and I would think it’s aimed at the elderly who live alone and who are supported in some way by either nursing or social care

How? And no it isn't aimed at the elderly it is aimed at working aged people with severe chronic illness. "

Gps will get paid for doing the referrals

How? And no it isn't aimed at the elderly it is aimed at working aged people with severe chronic illness.

Gps will get paid for doing the referrals "

Have you read the article?

By *elaninMaverickWoman  over a year ago

near Putney Heath

It comes out of tax and national insurance paid by individuals and companies.

It's a choice between £1000 per month for a household of 3 or £10,000 per hospital per day per person.

I have a long-term mental health condition/disability and I try to stay out of the hospital because I know it costs the state more. I work part-time and pay into national insurance and pensions. I would love to work full time but if I overwork, I end up in the hospital.

It's better for everyone if I just do my small bit and stay out of the hospital. I'm not sure if I will reach pension age so that money will go into the treasury for others and I'm ok with that.

I'm a simple tropical island girl and I live mostly cheaply. I have zero problems paying taxes and national insurance so people especially children, the physically and mentally disabled and the elderly can have the basic human rights. Yes heating is a basic human right in temperatures below 18 degrees Celcius.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Controversial this.

Why can't individuals pay their own heating bills? It's tough for everyone here.

Sure, some chronic illness may prevent work, but people make lifestyle choices that inevitably lead to chronic illness. On the flip side, a job will help pay bills, keep you active, help with mental health... (And possibly keep you out of a cold home.)

You only need to see healthcare in other countries to see differences in societal behaviours and expectations.

"Controversial this.

Why can't individuals pay their own heating bills? It's tough for everyone here.

Sure, some chronic illness may prevent work, but people make lifestyle choices that inevitably lead to chronic illness. On the flip side, a job will help pay bills, keep you active, help with mental health... (And possibly keep you out of a cold home.)

You only need to see healthcare in other countries to see differences in societal behaviours and expectations.

"

Wow

I agree, the good old NHS has been wasting shit loads of money, probably since it’s inception, over the years and more recently on trying to stop our chronically ill from being admitted to hospital

"Controversial this.

"

What lifestyle choice Has someone who has a very rare arthritic condition that meant they had to have both hips replaced by the time they were 30, Wakes up every single morning in pain and Has to limit their activity in order just to be able to make it through A-day without being an agony?

You clearly don't know what you are talking about if you genuinely believe it's that simple. I really do feel sorry for people that begrudge the most vulnerable in our society help.

I agree, the good old NHS has been wasting shit loads of money, probably since it’s inception, over the years and more recently on trying to stop our chronically ill from being admitted to hospital "

You still haven't read the article have you?

"Controversial this.

"

Wow, just wow !!

I have worked as a nurse for 40 years and am now chronically ill with blood cancer - some lifestyle choice I made right ???????

near Putney Heath

Speak to Citizens Advice. I used to volunteer with them.

Sometimes we had to write off the debt.

Yes it goes on your credit file but what's more important survival or your credit file.

Clothes, food, shelter, sleep, air, water. basic needs. Without them,at worst, you die or at the very least shorten life expectancy and reduce the economic productivity of your population.

near Putney Heath

"Controversial this.

"

Unfortunately, my mental illness developed from birth and I'm sorry that I as an underage child was not able to stop it from develop or create my own lifestyle choices.

I work part-time and I still have to rely on the state.

I'm guessing the majority of people that are against this have forgotten the very true saying of Prevention is better than cure.

What a quote, I hear that!!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Controversial this.

"

What lifestyle choice did a close family member make who was born with brittle asthma and despite it causing hospitalisation throughout their life (one such occasion an attack stopped their heart, luckily they were in hospital)..???

Despite it affecting their education they have gone on to gain a degree and contribute full time to children's education..

Tin town

We can easily afford it as a country just most wealth is in the hands of a few. "

What? I can't afford it. My kids can't afford it. Who is going to pay for my "right to a warm home and warm water?"

"Controversial this.

"

I have a chronic health condition (asthma) and a disability (autism), can you please tell me what lifestyle choices I could have made to prevent either?

Also, you do know most people with chronic conditions lead perfectly normal lives?

There is so much assumption and ignorance in this post

Will the NHS be subsidising salad next?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Will the NHS be subsidising salad next? "

If it prevents costly heart related issues and provides a healthy diet this prevents millions spent on not only hospital treatment and admissions plus expensive medication.

Then yes free salad's all round

They already provide membership to slimming world or weight watchers

"Will the NHS be subsidising salad next?

They already provide membership to slimming world or weight watchers "

Only in some areas. And it's only for 12 weeks.

liverpool

What? I can't afford it. My kids can't afford it. Who is going to pay for my "right to a warm home and warm water?" "

The wealthiest 10% have half the wealth in this country.

The money is there, its just in the wrong hands.

That's not even accounting for hidden offsure wealth.

There's plenty of money and resources.

You are aware why somebody who has a chronic illness or severe disability would be in more need of a warm home than someone who doesn't right?

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

To be taken three times a day before meals

What? I can't afford it. My kids can't afford it. Who is going to pay for my "right to a warm home and warm water?"

"

That's the point though when schemes are available to help those who can't help themselves you get people who say that shouldn't happen because they have to provide it for themselves. Therefore it becomes a political hot potato.

Tin town

"

And how might I get my hands on some of this wealth? Will they just give it to me if I knock on the door.?

liverpool

That's the point though when schemes are available to help those who can't help themselves you get people who say that shouldn't happen because they have to provide it for themselves. Therefore it becomes a political hot potato. "

Well like I said, it should be a basic human right.

I hate how some people think because they're struggling everyone should have to struggle too. What's wrong with helping people?

No matter how much I'm struggling I'm not going to complain about others getting help.

liverpool

And how might I get my hands on some of this wealth? Will they just give it to me if I knock on the door.? "

Well, there's this thing called government. They're supposed to look after their citizens.

That's the point though when schemes are available to help those who can't help themselves you get people who say that shouldn't happen because they have to provide it for themselves. Therefore it becomes a political hot potato.

Well like I said, it should be a basic human right.

I hate how some people think because they're struggling everyone should have to struggle too. What's wrong with helping people?

No matter how much I'm struggling I'm not going to complain about others getting help. "

If you are physically and mentally able to look after yourself why would you want someone else to help you?

And how might I get my hands on some of this wealth? Will they just give it to me if I knock on the door.? "

vote for a party who taxes the rich

Or, as it seems from this thread, make better choices

You are aware why somebody who has a chronic illness or severe disability would be in more need of a warm home than someone who doesn't right? "

I thought we were looking at ways to save the NHS money?

You are aware why somebody who has a chronic illness or severe disability would be in more need of a warm home than someone who doesn't right?

"

It's not about saving the nhs money it's about lots of different services and the health and wellbeing of the individual.

We need far more preventive action on public health. Certainly we need to keep people out of hospitals where so many pick up infections and other illnesses.

Tin town

"We need far more preventive action on public health. Certainly we need to keep people out of hospitals where so many pick up infections and other illnesses."

Reminds of the baldrick quote...

"Oh, no, I hate hostipals. My grandfather went into one, and when he

come out, he was dead"...

Many a true word spoken in jest and all that

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"How would that work if they can't afford it? Do energy companies have to provide it free to the customer because it's on prescription?

Evie "

You beat me to this.

They can afford it. Greedy swines.

Peterborough

"We need far more preventive action on public health. Certainly we need to keep people out of hospitals where so many pick up infections and other illnesses.

Many a true word spoken in jest and all that "

And Ukraine has an ex comedian kicking Putin's ass.

Comedy is deadly serious and a sign of high intelligence: Edward de Bono, has written about this.

"We need far more preventive action on public health. Certainly we need to keep people out of hospitals where so many pick up infections and other illnesses.

Comedy is deadly serious and a sign of high intelligence: Edward de Bono, has written about this."

Comedy is the sign of high intelligence! That doesn't make sense.

Tin town

Comedy is deadly serious and a sign of high intelligence: Edward de Bono, has written about this."

Was he the one who used to beat up Cher?

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

U2 were rubbish..

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"

And that's exactly what it's about.

Let's just say for example.

500 salad's cost £5000 to supply and deliver to 500 people.

If each one of those people are as a direct result stopped from having to attend some of the following, blue light to A &E treatment from a team of nurses doctors and cardiology specialist, various scan's and follow up appointments and life long medication.

Other illnesses as a direct result of poor health due to poor diet.

The burden on the system from cardiovascular disease and complications is HUGE.

So a few grand spent on salad's, healthy food and re education in what to eat can end up saving many hundreds of thousands if not millions and more importantly lives.

Anyone moaning about this costing the taxpayer, can I remind them Albania is almost 70% cheaper to live so maybe that’s an option, you pay less tax out there too, not too sure you find many English speaking doctors and nurses should you fall ill and I think you may have to pay for that too, th can tax me all they like, I’ve been scraped off the road after an accident, yes our system is flawed, find me one that isn’t but the whole point of being human is to love and care for each other, no matter what or who

"Anyone moaning about this costing the taxpayer, can I remind them Albania is almost 70% cheaper to live so maybe that’s an option, you pay less tax out there too, not too sure you find many English speaking doctors and nurses should you fall ill and I think you may have to pay for that too, th can tax me all they like, I’ve been scraped off the road after an accident, yes our system is flawed, find me one that isn’t but the whole point of being human is to love and care for each other, no matter what or who"

Exactly.

Peterborough

Comedy is deadly serious and a sign of high intelligence: Edward de Bono, has written about this.

Comedy is the sign of high intelligence! That doesn't make sense. "

Philosophy today says

On stage, comedians need to know how to respond to the audience. The ability to fine-tune an act and tailor it to a specific audience is largely related to emotional intelligence. Comedians need to be sensitive to how their act is perceived, and this sensitivity is essential to their success.Allow me to give some examples.

My tuppence worth

History and geography: Al Murray as pub landlord

Polictical satire: Ian Hislop on Have I got news for you? and Private eye

Ben Elton: Students and leftie issues, as well as Tory bashing

Bill Bailey: musical references and performance

Mark Thomas: political activist and comedian.

Not all comedy is throw away humour, some of it leaves you thinking and that's not bad.

Just think how much effort goes in to making music and poetry, that gets kudos in schools, comedy doesn't and that's shame, as I'd have an a Level in the subject by now.

near Putney Heath

they subsidize liquid diets already to pre-diabetics.

near Putney Heath

I mean I don't need wealth...I just need my basic needs met.

Netflix and avocado...Lol!

Okay I'm taking the mick.

Food, Clothing, shelter, sleep, air, and water.

maybe I'm a cheapskate. maybe because I'm crazy.

as long as i have the basics, the government and the wealthy can do what they like with their money.

Tin town

"Anyone moaning about this costing the taxpayer, can I remind them Albania is almost 70% cheaper to live so maybe that’s an option, you pay less tax out there too, not too sure you find many English speaking doctors and nurses should you fall ill and I think you may have to pay for that too, th can tax me all they like, I’ve been scraped off the road after an accident, yes our system is flawed, find me one that isn’t but the whole point of being human is to love and care for each other, no matter what or who"

Nice words

» Add a new message to this topic