FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stop asking for a pay rise will ya for fuck sake it won’t fix anything

Stop asking for a pay rise will ya for fuck sake it won’t fix anything

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Good afternoon you fuckers

Lovely day

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's a bit like saying don't claim on your car insurance - unfortunately every fucker else is doing it so you'll be left as the poor but morally satisfied individual

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Another arm chair critic who doesn't know the frustration of being a nurse... Are you a merchant banker?!

"Another arm chair critic who doesn't know the frustration of being a nurse... Are you a merchant banker?!"

Lower inflation or pay rise??

who pissed on your chips

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

But I’m worth it

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I’d like a pay rise. It’d certainly fix a smile on to my face for the rest of the day.

" who pissed on your chips "

Do you mean me?

" who pissed on your chips

Do you mean me?"

Yep

Do you mean me?

Yep "

Haha no I’m good honestly

We can’t win either way wage rises will cause wage spiral and cost will rise and taxes increase. No pay rise and we all suffer with the all ready increasing costs. Many years of financial pain ahead and lower quality of life

Do you mean me?

Yep

Haha no I’m good honestly "

Gd gd

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"Another arm chair critic who doesn't know the frustration of being a nurse... Are you a merchant banker?!"
he hasn’t mentioned a nurse

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It would fix my problem.

By *hedark_knightMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

What’s the alternative?

"It would fix my problem. "

Long term or short term?

"We can’t win either way wage rises will cause wage spiral and cost will rise and taxes increase. No pay rise and we all suffer with the all ready increasing costs. Many years of financial pain ahead and lower quality of life "

I agree and a pay rise is a short term fix look I’m not a knob I do get it we’re all suffering this together we need to cut our cloth accordingly same as the government is doing and it wouldn’t matter a fuck which party is in power if the money ain’t there then you don’t spend it same as your household budget I’m afraid

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Except that political incompetence chronic mismanagement and apathy (even persecution) of those in need makes things worse than would have been unfortunately.

"Except that political incompetence chronic mismanagement and apathy (even persecution) of those in need makes things worse than would have been unfortunately. "

Been the same with every government all my life but I will say this we have been going through some really tough shit over the last few years with a few more to come maybe but overall we will be ok

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Let them eat cake.

"But I’m worth it "

Nurses deserve a bloody big pay rise for all they have to do on regular basis

Blood puke d*unks getting attacked

I’m my opinion all nurses should be on £40000

Per year minimum

Hats off to NHS

That’s just my opinion of course

"Let them eat cake. "

Haha as long as it’s from Aldi

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

‘Get on your bike’ or ‘Get a better job’ I’m sure you can knock up a decent three course meal on 30p a day as well.

But whatever we do, let’s ensure the rich aren’t encouraged to leave the country, as what would we do without their tax dodging efforts.

Quick look over there it’s a(not) illegal immigration or a benefit cheat….hate on them.

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

Armed forces got a 2.5 percent pay rise this year after a 7 year pay freeze a private soldier earns 21,425 a year. Please don't get me started on fucking pay rises in the public sector!!!!!!

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

" who pissed on your chips "

Never heard that quote before but I'm stealing that haha

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

Never heard that quote before but I'm stealing that haha "

Can also use "who's shit in your kettle"

never had 2 ask 4 a pice rise 2date, they pay me my worth & if not I simply move on to elsewhere that values my expertise...!

been lucky in that have been given recognition for my ability 2 deliver & get paid accordingly...!

until now, am in a dead end job with no future so time to make necessary change...!

plenty opportunity out there to find rewarding job without need to ask 4 payrise...!

If you work really hard & are kind, amazing things will happen...!

Never heard that quote before but I'm stealing that haha "

It’s a brummie thing

The other alternative is go for a better career that pays a lot more money.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It would fix my problem.

Long term or short term?"

Mid term

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Can also use "who's shit in your kettle" "

Common quotes from Premier Inn guests

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

A pay rise feeding frenzy will fuel inflation and an economic death spiral. Enter stage right Maggie Thatcher with a bottle of nasty medicine. It's the 70's & 80's all over again

If I'm expected to pay more for the same level of goods (fuel, food, petrol) then why shouldn't I expect a pay increase when my workload increases.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"never had 2 ask 4 a pice rise 2date, they pay me my worth & if not I simply move on to elsewhere that values my expertise...!

been lucky in that have been given recognition for my ability 2 deliver & get paid accordingly...!

until now, am in a dead end job with no future so time to make necessary change...!

plenty opportunity out there to find rewarding job without need to ask 4 payrise...!

"

Alright lets do it! Good luck when everyone leaves the healthcare and education professions on this advice

"never had 2 ask 4 a pice rise 2date, they pay me my worth & if not I simply move on to elsewhere that values my expertise...!

Alright lets do it! Good luck when everyone leaves the healthcare and education professions on this advice "

So where exactly are 3.3 million people going to move jobs to? 1.8 million in healthcare and 1.5 million in education. That's about 5% of the population.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Who's had a big pay rise? Not many.

Who had one before inflation set in? No one.

It's as if the link between the two isn't straightforward.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Largest part of thre RMT strikes is not about a pay rise its fighting massive cuts to operating staff that's ticket staff platform staff cleaners etc great for elderly vulnerable and disabled travelers .a ticket machine cant help an elderly person on to a train or stand with a vulnerable female plus it wont search for the cheapest or most appropriate ticket .they are also wanting to cut track and signalling maintanance budgets by half which is a direct safety concern dont believe that go look up Hatfield 2000 and see exactly what happened last time they did it .but of course the MSM will only tell you about the highest earners to further thier agenda of setting low paid worker against low paid worker whilst those in charge line thier pockets

Alright lets do it! Good luck when everyone leaves the healthcare and education professions on this advice "

Healthcare and education professions have a lot of good jobs that are comparatively well paid and secure to the point of being recession proof. Not to say they can't be difficult and very unpleasant as well, but what do you imagine a doctor could do that would pay them anything like as much? It's not like they could walk into being a top corporate lawyer or in the upper echelons of the finance industry.

By *ena AmourTV/TS  over a year ago

Chard

"We can’t win either way wage rises will cause wage spiral and cost will rise and taxes increase. No pay rise and we all suffer with the all ready increasing costs. Many years of financial pain ahead and lower quality of life

I agree and a pay rise is a short term fix look I’m not a knob I do get it we’re all suffering this together we need to cut our cloth accordingly same as the government is doing and it wouldn’t matter a fuck which party is in power if the money ain’t there then you don’t spend it same as your household budget I’m afraid "

You must have missed the 450billion the govt created from nothing during covid lockdowns. Paying people a respectable wage does not cause inflation.

Can also use "who's shit in your kettle" "

I use the kettle one daily haha

Although "pissed on your chips" is going to sneak into regular rotation

By *osaint1971Couple  over a year ago

Near Taunton

"We can’t win either way wage rises will cause wage spiral and cost will rise and taxes increase. No pay rise and we all suffer with the all ready increasing costs. Many years of financial pain ahead and lower quality of life

I agree and a pay rise is a short term fix look I’m not a knob I do get it we’re all suffering this together we need to cut our cloth accordingly same as the government is doing and it wouldn’t matter a fuck which party is in power if the money ain’t there then you don’t spend it same as your household budget I’m afraid

You must have missed the 450billion the govt created from nothing during covid lockdowns. Paying people a respectable wage does not cause inflation."

By *ttmcdguyTV/TS  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

I thought about this just the other day

Atm I’m self employed in the lower tax bracket so I earn under 45k

Now my cost of living has gone up so do I ask for a pay rise? Which will then put me into the 40% tax band

So dumb it down atm I get a tax rebate each year of 1-2k

If I go into the 40% club I won’t get a rebate instead I’ll get a 1-2k tax bill

Is the pay rise worthwhile?

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Alright lets do it! Good luck when everyone leaves the healthcare and education professions on this advice

So where exactly are 3.3 million people going to move jobs to? 1.8 million in healthcare and 1.5 million in education. That's about 5% of the population."

You'll have to ask the person who suggested it!

"I thought about this just the other day

Atm I’m self employed in the lower tax bracket so I earn under 45k

Now my cost of living has gone up so do I ask for a pay rise? Which will then put me into the 40% tax band

So dumb it down atm I get a tax rebate each year of 1-2k

If I go into the 40% club I won’t get a rebate instead I’ll get a 1-2k tax bill

Is the pay rise worthwhile? "

In your case probably not, but in the case of those that have had a 3% pay rise when inflation has gone up by 11%, those people have realistically had an 8% pay cut.

Maybe it’s not about a pay rise but having enough pay to afford to pay for necessaries.

» Add a new message to this topic