FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Love

Love

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman  over a year ago

And no, it's not just about the romantic type of love.

So - are you the sort of person who says I love you easily to friends, partners etc? Do you love easily or are you more guarded? How do you feel when others tell you they love you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I your boobies, OP.

You know that, and I’ll happily share that openly

I fall in love to easily

Last time was 59 years ago

Hahaha ??

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"And no, it's not just about the romantic type of love.

So - are you the sort of person who says I love you easily to friends, partners etc? Do you love easily or are you more guarded? How do you feel when others tell you they love you? "

Recently too easily too soon that ended that.

I do tell friends including male friends I love them and even put a x on message’s

To be family I say love you all the time

By *EAT..85Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Physical affection was minimal growing up and affirmations of love missing. I learned from my eldest brother and his wife raising my nephew that saying 'love you' and regular hugs can be a daily thing. I followed suit with my kids, and in the last few years can tell my besties that I live them.

Partner wise I don't generally want to hear the words and am pretty cynical as to what love/lust is anyway. I've barely been in love and rarely said the words. I'd rather my/their actions said it.

By *ack688Man  over a year ago

abruzzo Italy (and UK)

I used to be pretty open about it, certainly wit( partners, not so much friends, and apart from my son, none of my family, we’re not that kind of family. But I think I’ve become more guarded in the last few years

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

Nope. It’s not a word I use frequently outside of kids, husband and parents.

If I say something loving - you know I absolutely mean it.

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Despite knowing I feel it, I honestly struggle to say it at times even to family. My family knows this, they understand so the fact I don't say it they are okay with.

Yet I can easily say it to my dogs.

There's a difference between love ya and love you.. love ya I say quite a lot. Love you is reserved for hubby and my dog on the daily

Depends on the person. My children grew up with me saying it to them several times a day and showering them in kisses, but they're older now and don't crave the smushy stuff anymore. I say it when they're sad, worried, in need of reassurance, when they're not going to go "yuk!".

One or two friends I find it easy to say to. Other friends would feel mighty uncomfortable if I told them, so I don't. They still know it though.

MrWho gets told everyday and I mean it every time. I think "I love you" can be something that is said out of habit and it's sad to lose the significance of those words.

Nell

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

It's not something I say all the time tbh, because for me it then loses its impact .

I say it in other ways ie drive safely or let me know when you're home etc and people know I do care.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

So - are you the sort of person who says I love you easily to friends, partners etc? Do you love easily or are you more guarded? How do you feel when others tell you they love you? "

Romantically I’ve become jaded and very guarded in respect to saying “I love you” to someone if a relationship went that far…

But conversely I’ve grown far more comfortable with platonic love and expressing it to my friends and family

I did this, I don't half regret it.

I tell family I love them, my daughter daily. Not so much friends though I send them love in messages.

When it comes to love I'm a very guarded person due to past experiences.

I certainly show I care for friends by being that person they can turn to for help or just a listening ear and by checking in with them on a regular basis. I'm that friend that will always be there no matter what is going on in my life.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

It's not a word I say very often.

Never to my siblings or children.

If my grandchildren say love you Nan, I'll say it back, because I mean it.

I don't tend to say it to adults.

I tell family I love them but due to past and been hurt time and time again

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I say it a lot to the Mr and kids, it was lacking a lot in my family growing up.

Although I'd much rather show affection than using the words, words are just words at the end of the day.

Mrs

"I your boobies, OP.

You know that, and I’ll happily share that openly "

Ha I do know that. To be fair I'm a giant tit and there's not much else about me.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I tell friends an fam I love them x

So - are you the sort of person who says I love you easily to friends, partners etc? Do you love easily or are you more guarded? How do you feel when others tell you they love you?

I do tell friends including male friends I love them and even put a x on message’s "

Awww that's really lovely! It's nice when men are comfortable enough to say that in a non patronising way.

Do you think saying it too soon ends things? How do you know when it's too soon? I hope you're okay though, x

"Physical affection was minimal growing up and affirmations of love missing. I learned from my eldest brother and his wife raising my nephew that saying 'love you' and regular hugs can be a daily thing. I followed suit with my kids, and in the last few years can tell my besties that I live them.

Partner wise I don't generally want to hear the words and am pretty cynical as to what love/lust is anyway. I've barely been in love and rarely said the words. I'd rather my/their actions said it. "

Regular hugs should be a daily thing, your eldest brother sounds like such a loving doting dad which is wonderful.

I think how you're raised can definitely have an impact on how you view displays of affection, saying it etc. For me, I'm prone to doubting it but I've discovered I love hearing it when I don't expect it. Those little moments when they say "fuck I love you" after you say a really bad joke. Actions will always win my heart but words feed my soul.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I used to tell my beloved Jay all the time as he did me. I tell my son all the time as well

"I used to tell my beloved Jay all the time as he did me. I tell my son all the time as well"

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

With my family I say it all the time the few good friends I also say it to as for romantic love the last man I said I love you to lasted 25 years until he fell for someone else if I ever fall in love with someone again I’ll be much more guarded.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Outside of my family, I have never been told I am “loved” (boohoo). Do I fall in love easy? Once I did, but that was more lust I think, looking back. These days, at 47, I have confined “love” to the missed opportunities bin (boohoo(again))

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

I will use it carelessly for things that don't have much meaning, such as:

I love coffee

I love Star Trek

I love comfy shoes

I rarely say it with meaning.

Replaying to someone saying "love you too" is something I do quite easily.

But actually saying "I love you" is something I think I've only done once in my life; it was to my dad.

"Depends on the person. My children grew up with me saying it to them several times a day and showering them in kisses, but they're older now and don't crave the smushy stuff anymore. I say it when they're sad, worried, in need of reassurance, when they're not going to go "yuk!".

One or two friends I find it easy to say to. Other friends would feel mighty uncomfortable if I told them, so I don't. They still know it though.

MrWho gets told everyday and I mean it every time. I think "I love you" can be something that is said out of habit and it's sad to lose the significance of those words.

Nell"

Yes definitely. I think anything said too often in a habitual fashion loses the meaning, it dilutes it almost doesn't it? I tell my friends I love them when I'm struck by how much I do. How much they mean to me. The same to my fiancé. Rather than say it, I try and show it. Check in with people. Do little things that I know they'd like, would mean a lot to them or they'd appreciate. Love isn't about grandiose language, gestures. It's about knowing someone means a lot to you and you want to show it.

Nope I say it very rarely and very occasionally.

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

No.

C

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/11/22 17:00:31]

Love is a big word, like hate, and best only used when you really mean it.

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I tell my mum and kids I love them every day.

I tell my cousins, friends, at the end of a phone call, or when saying goodbye, because I do, they’re my world

Sounds morbid but if it was the last time I saw them I’d want them to remember the last words

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

I tell my kids everytime I speak to them and they offer it freely too at random times. I get good morning and goodnight texts from my daughter everyday, she tells me without fail how much she loves me. I tell my mum everytime I leave her and she shows her affection too which she never did as I was growing up.

My kinky soulmate of 10 yrs is the other person I share my love with. We’ve shared everything of ourselves and it’s a similar kind of love. We love each other very much but aren’t in love.

I’m way too guarded to offer my heart to anyone else. It’s fragile, I don’t want it damaged

Familial, yes, romantic not so much. Probably because I am perenially single.

I tell my family, well my kids all the time. The sisters and mum get it over text messages, wouldn't do to get too bleary eyed with them. Romantic loves would normally have run a mile if ever I were to tell them that, so don't unless its a birthday or christmas but they would know anyway. Signing off with 'Sending love' is love all the same

No iv said it and meant it to only 5 people in my life including my kids and once the kids hit high school i stop saying it to them as i dont want to make em soft in a hard world

I wouldnt even hug my mum back when my gran died i just looked at her and said stop it

Im actively trying to purge myself of these kinds of emotions with my parents getting closer to that age

By *mightyMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

Unconditional love for my bairn as he’s the only person in my life atm iv no family to share that love with so he gets all my attention atm

"No iv said it and meant it to only 5 people in my life including my kids and once the kids hit high school i stop saying it to them as i dont want to make em soft in a hard world

I wouldnt even hug my mum back when my gran died i just looked at her and said stop it

Im actively trying to purge myself of these kinds of emotions with my parents getting closer to that age "

Purge yourself of having emotions or of resisting the emotion? Dont fight it, it will only burst out somewhere unexpected and much more painful. We are allowed to be emotional creatures. X

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I'm absolutely rubbish at telling people I love them. I weirdly left a voice clip to my best mate the other night that I did. Nearly had a heart attack.

I do however make gifts for people or help them with something practical. Maybe they don't see it as love but it's my love language.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I'm absolutely rubbish at telling people I love them. I weirdly left a voice clip to my best mate the other night that I did. Nearly had a heart attack.

I do however make gifts for people or help them with something practical. Maybe they don't see it as love but it's my love language. "

Sometimes actions say more than words anyway

By *rettyflamingoCouple  over a year ago

Where the flamboyance of flamingos live

I tell family I love them all the time. I have some very close and I tell them I love them too.

Romantic love ?? the walls are up with that one but I’m working on bringing them down

By *aughty but nice...Man  over a year ago

Staffs

Having had my fingers burnt in the game of love Ive struggled to find it again

Of course unconditional love to my family and little boy go without saying but love for a soul mate is where I hit a brick wall ....it's probably why I'm on this site

Though I will always say never say never

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

"I tell family I love them all the time. I have some very close and I tell them I love them too.

Romantic love ?? the walls are up with that one but I’m working on bringing them down "

You will find it one day

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

In my inner circle we say it all the time to each other. I don’t say it to anyone else as I simply won't mean it. I'm not a air kissing, love you kinda chick

"No iv said it and meant it to only 5 people in my life including my kids and once the kids hit high school i stop saying it to them as i dont want to make em soft in a hard world

Im actively trying to purge myself of these kinds of emotions with my parents getting closer to that age

Purge yourself of having emotions or of resisting the emotion? Dont fight it, it will only burst out somewhere unexpected and much more painful. We are allowed to be emotional creatures. X "

to be spartan

By *avid 50Man  over a year ago

kendal

A gentle hug says more than words to somebody who’s having a bad time a tight hug to somebody who you know is in need support and a hug and a kiss somebody you love

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

It's in my daily vocabulary Mrs

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

I don’t say it to many, but when I do I really mean it. I tell the children and it’s a good sign they’re at ease telling me.

There was none of that kind of thing when I was growing up, unfortunately!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I tell my close family and friends that I love them, moreso since losing people I wish I had said it to.

I don't have many people who would say it to me. My close family make a sound that means 'I love you' but the words are reserved for exceptional occasions.

I haven't experienced anyone professing romantic love for over 3 decades, but I have fallen in love with some I did not like in the end.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

I think there are many different levels of love - I am extremely guarded with my heart and that spans from a absent father in childhood which made me very reluctant to say it to another man, that said I met someone this year who has shown me what it is to be loved - really loved…we have both slowly and without force opened up to each other and allowed ourselves to grow in our own time into something I never thought would be possible and for that I am entirely thankful - we don’t band it around like it’s meaningless I like when it’s said in those moments when you feel vulnerable or aren’t looking/feeling your best and he catches you of guard with it, that’s romance to me.

When it comes to family and friends I have a close knit circle who I love with all I have they are my people, when they need to hear it and sometimes even when they don’t know they do I say it because it’s true

To me love has meaning and shouldn’t be taken for granted x

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

I love lamp

If someone said they loved me, I’d ask what do they want.

Most people I love leave me, so it’s becoming a very rare thing for me to enjoy.

I love coffee

Yes constantly. I love using this magic word.

I love your post Meli

I'm a very affectionate person but I don't throw the word love around easily. I'm constantly telling my daughter and my partner that I love them but it's not something I'll often say to others.

I wouldn't say I am guarded and I do love easily. I have love for many people in my life... but not the kind of love that's exceptionally mind-blowing. When it comes to that kind of love, it takes a unique connection for me to get that point.

Being an empath I unfortunately let the word spill out my mouth far too freely which often ends up in me being hurt

By *lephantisMan  over a year ago

Oxford

It's important that my son knows I love him, and I know he does. That's not just because of the words.

Other than that, romantically, I've said it several times (but less than 10), and meant it every time, with never a trace of regret. 'It is shallow people who say they can love only once', says Wilde in Dorian Gray.

» Add a new message to this topic