FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Weekly Mental Health Check-in 14.11

Weekly Mental Health Check-in 14.11

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tarflyLou OP   Woman  over a year ago

Preston

Morning all, how are we doing?

I’m feeling a bit wobbly, off to the midlands this morning to accompany my mum this afternoon when she sees the consultant for her biopsy and scan results. Given they’ve repeated scans and told her to have somebody with her, I’m bracing for difficult news.

On the self-care side of things I’ve been putting more time into walks, going on the treadmill and working out so I’m feeling better for that (although still simultaneously eating my feelings somewhat so not sure there’s going to be much of a benefit in terms of weight loss!). I’m also pleased with myself because I’ve been reading more - I finished a book last week (a big achievement for me these days) and also listened to two audiobooks over the past two weeks, so this has all given me a boost too.

But enough about me - how are you feeling today? Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obandruthCouple  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I always feel good when I wake-up as I'm still around alive and kicking.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

Potentially a difficult day ahead for you and mum Lou, sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs xxx

I enjoyed the first two half days of mental health first aid training last week - am doing the same on Tuesday and Thursday this week. It has been interesting, some things revisited from my previous depression and anxiety episodes, which felt a little uncomfortable at first but all part of the process. I've done a lot of self-reflection and there were some things that certainly got me thinking in that way, however, I'm okay.

At the weekend was my final involvement in Rugby League for the season, so I get to have a few weeks downtime now until the preparation starts for the new season in February. I am in need of a new hobby until then oh and looking forward to a December holiday!

This said I spent the first day of my post season watching England Wheelchair RL win through to the final and enjoying their play.

I've got my work one-to-one meeting with my manager this week that I hope goes well.

Enough about me, how is everyone else?

By * o yWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

All good today. But u come back and update us on your mum xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't always post but I do read your Monday threads OP. Big virtual hugs for today.

By *lowingMan  over a year ago

Warrington

Waiting is one of the most difficult for us, especially when the outcome is so important. It is hard not to let your head repeatedly work through the various potential outcomes…usually settling on the worst.

All the best for you & your Mum. Hope you get some peace in the meantime

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

Not too bad today...not great in general but I'll survive

By *uicy 2020Woman  over a year ago

London

Sending you hugs for today OP, i hope it goes better than you are expecting. X

At my appointment last week with staff phycology i was basically told that i was heading for burnout and needed to take some time off. I took friday off and just had a chilled day watching tv. Then i did a big clean over the weekend, which i feel pleased with as id been putting it off. I was planning on doing some craft, but didnt get round to it. I did read a few chapters of a book in bed last night though. Ive not had the motivation to do any of my hobbies for a good while now, so am going to try to get back into them and do something i enjoy.

Sending love and hugs to all x

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"Morning all, how are we doing?

I’m feeling a bit wobbly, off to the midlands this morning to accompany my mum this afternoon when she sees the consultant for her biopsy and scan results. Given they’ve repeated scans and told her to have somebody with her, I’m bracing for difficult news.

On the self-care side of things I’ve been putting more time into walks, going on the treadmill and working out so I’m feeling better for that (although still simultaneously eating my feelings somewhat so not sure there’s going to be much of a benefit in terms of weight loss!). I’m also pleased with myself because I’ve been reading more - I finished a book last week (a big achievement for me these days) and also listened to two audiobooks over the past two weeks, so this has all given me a boost too.

But enough about me - how are you feeling today? Xx"

Hope all goes well for your mum

By *igbadcockMan  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 14/11/22 07:47:34]

By *rtyIanMan  over a year ago

Gateway to the Beacons

All the best for today Lou x

Up and down week for me culminating in getting d*unk after remembrance yesterday.

Still have feelings of worthlessness and self hate, not being enough.

Hope everyone has a great week x

Preston

" I always feel good when I wake-up as I'm still around alive and kicking. "

Preston

"Potentially a difficult day ahead for you and mum Lou, sending lots of positive thoughts and hugs xxx

I enjoyed the first two half days of mental health first aid training last week - am doing the same on Tuesday and Thursday this week. It has been interesting, some things revisited from my previous depression and anxiety episodes, which felt a little uncomfortable at first but all part of the process. I've done a lot of self-reflection and there were some things that certainly got me thinking in that way, however, I'm okay.

At the weekend was my final involvement in Rugby League for the season, so I get to have a few weeks downtime now until the preparation starts for the new season in February. I am in need of a new hobby until then oh and looking forward to a December holiday!

This said I spent the first day of my post season watching England Wheelchair RL win through to the final and enjoying their play.

I've got my work one-to-one meeting with my manager this week that I hope goes well.

Enough about me, how is everyone else?

"

Thank you x

I always think that anything that feels uncomfortable that we then reflect on generally leads to growth, so although it can be difficult I think it’s a good thing. I’m glad that things are ok, hope today goes ok and also the meeting at work x

Preston

"All good today. But u come back and update us on your mum xx"

Glad you’re ok x

Preston

"I don't always post but I do read your Monday threads OP. Big virtual hugs for today.

"

Preston

"Waiting is one of the most difficult for us, especially when the outcome is so important. It is hard not to let your head repeatedly work through the various potential outcomes…usually settling on the worst.

All the best for you & your Mum. Hope you get some peace in the meantime "

Thank you x

Preston

"Not too bad today...not great in general but I'll survive"

Hoping today is another ok today and you’re managing alright xx

Preston

"Sending you hugs for today OP, i hope it goes better than you are expecting. X

At my appointment last week with staff phycology i was basically told that i was heading for burnout and needed to take some time off. I took friday off and just had a chilled day watching tv. Then i did a big clean over the weekend, which i feel pleased with as id been putting it off. I was planning on doing some craft, but didnt get round to it. I did read a few chapters of a book in bed last night though. Ive not had the motivation to do any of my hobbies for a good while now, so am going to try to get back into them and do something i enjoy.

Sending love and hugs to all x "

Thank you x

I’m sorry to hear about the burnout but glad you managed to find some productive time for yourself. Sending hugs x

Preston

"All the best for today Lou x

Up and down week for me culminating in getting d*unk after remembrance yesterday.

Still have feelings of worthlessness and self hate, not being enough.

Hope everyone has a great week x"

Thank you x

Sorry to hear there are difficult times for you, sending love x

Preston

Thanks for all the kindness here.

The news was as expected - she has a malignant tumour. She needs a couple more scans then it’s five weeks of radiotherapy and chemo followed by surgery to remove it. The oncologist also told her that she’s not going to be able to care for my dad who has Parkinson’s and that he’ll need to go into a care home - tbh this has been on the horizon anyway but the decision is now out of her hands x

Sorry to hear your news OP and good luck to you and your family

As for me somehow I am still here

"Thanks for all the kindness here.

The news was as expected - she has a malignant tumour. She needs a couple more scans then it’s five weeks of radiotherapy and chemo followed by surgery to remove it. The oncologist also told her that she’s not going to be able to care for my dad who has Parkinson’s and that he’ll need to go into a care home - tbh this has been on the horizon anyway but the decision is now out of her hands x "

xx

Preston

"Sorry to hear your news OP and good luck to you and your family

As for me somehow I am still here "

Thank you x

I’m glad you’re still here x

Preston

"Thanks for all the kindness here.

The news was as expected - she has a malignant tumour. She needs a couple more scans then it’s five weeks of radiotherapy and chemo followed by surgery to remove it. The oncologist also told her that she’s not going to be able to care for my dad who has Parkinson’s and that he’ll need to go into a care home - tbh this has been on the horizon anyway but the decision is now out of her hands x

xx"

» Add a new message to this topic