FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > No HIV

No HIV

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The UK plans for us to have no new HIV infections from 2030. Everyone infected would be on treatment and not infectious.

When we hit this milestone, how will you be?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

gr8 news if this cums 2 fruition

By *illingToHelpMan  over a year ago

Oldham or South Shore

It’s a goal that, with the current medical conditions, is absolutely achievable… in theory. However, there are still vast swathes of the population that don’t have regular sexual health tests - “straight” and secretly bi men, I’m looking at you.

I truly hope that it happens though. It would be amazing.

By *eard and TattsCouple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

[Removed by poster at 31/10/22 06:38:43]

Cwmbran

"It’s a goal that, with the current medical conditions, is absolutely achievable… in theory. However, there are still vast swathes of the population that don’t have regular sexual health tests - “straight” and secretly bi men, I’m looking at you.

I truly hope that it happens though. It would be amazing. "

Because you can't get AIDS if you're straight

By *illingToHelpMan  over a year ago

Oldham or South Shore

"It’s a goal that, with the current medical conditions, is absolutely achievable… in theory. However, there are still vast swathes of the population that don’t have regular sexual health tests - “straight” and secretly bi men, I’m looking at you.

Because you can't get AIDS if you're straight"

Very, very few people get AIDS anymore.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Because you can't get AIDS if you're straight"

I can't work out if this is sarcasm or not

Yet still no cure for cancer hmmm

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

I truly hope that it happens though. It would be amazing. "

What about woman? HIV is not just bi/gay men or fab straight men. would be a great target to have.

because of my multiple partner i get tested and on prep all the time.

Most off the guys that have a quick fuck in layby unprotected and then go back to their wife and never ever get tested is mind blowing.

also lets not compare HIV with AIDS, as there is a lot of medicine now to stop HIV developing into AIDS.

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Its an amazing goal to have and I hope it happens —. And by 2030 id like to see a number of cancers on the fully treatable list. I believe we are further on with cancer treatment because of the work done on the covid vaccine. Im sure there are proper experts on here who could confirm.. or deny if that’s the case.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

In theory most STD's could be wiped out if the entire population of the planet gave up fucking for a couple of weeks and got tested and treated for anything they were positive for.

A once in a lifetime opportunity to stop transmission and all it would take is a little abstinence and a lot of tests.

Will never happen of course because a.) Would cost too much and b.) Some people see just too stupid to ever get a test.

A

Central

"In theory most STD's could be wiped out if the entire population of the planet gave up fucking for a couple of weeks and got tested and treated for anything they were positive for.

A once in a lifetime opportunity to stop transmission and all it would take is a little abstinence and a lot of tests.

Will never happen of course because a.) Would cost too much and b.) Some people see just too stupid to ever get a test.

A"

You might have to have abstinence for quite a bit longer, as not everything is evident from tests within a couple of weeks.

2030 is a wonderful goal and very close to us now.

I don't know the data but wonder how many people never test. I can also remember my initial anxiety of testing for HIV, so some people may just test for the older conditions only.

Central

How do you think sexual behaviour may change, when HIV new infections aren't around?

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"How do you think sexual behaviour may change, when HIV new infections aren't around? "

I don't think it will change.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Yet still no cure for cancer hmmm

"

It's not easy to kill what are your own cells that have gone haywire, without causing significant injury to the person/side effects. Cancer is not one homogeneous condition and even the same "type" of cancer, e.g. of the breast, can actually be very different between individuals, especially if there's a genetic component.

Basically, chalk and cheese.

Central

Were condoms used much less, before HIV? I'm assuming they were and it was a defining point in casual sex, for people to take greater precautions

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"The UK plans for us to have no new HIV infections from 2030. Everyone infected would be on treatment and not infectious.

When we hit this milestone, how will you be? "

Its an admirable goal, and one I hope we reach.

My own activities won’t change.

Its still all about risk management and acceptance.

How society will treat those that catch or are infected will take longer to heal.

By *uv2kissMan  over a year ago

fenland

As a teenager ( early 70s as I was born in 1954 ) I went and stayed with a relative in Nairobi where they were working.

In town one day I asked about a group of stunning women sat outside a hotel.

I was told they were ( word banned on here ) and not only were they dying but no one had a clue what they were dying from

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Were condoms used much less, before HIV? I'm assuming they were and it was a defining point in casual sex, for people to take greater precautions "

Condom was a word that was very rarely used anyway but 'rubbers' or 'johnnies' or 'durex' was more likely to be used to refer to them. If a woman was on the pill nobody gave it a second thought. The primary concern was pregnancy.

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"

Nobody is looking for one... Only new treatments

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

"Were condoms used much less, before HIV? I'm assuming they were and it was a defining point in casual sex, for people to take greater precautions

Condom was a word that was very rarely used anyway but 'rubbers' or 'johnnies' or 'durex' was more likely to be used to refer to them. If a woman was on the pill nobody gave it a second thought. The primary concern was pregnancy."

It still is... Had more than one guy tell me he shouldn't need a condom for anal as I can't get pregnant... Wtf?!

It astounds me when chatting with some guys and I'll ask about lady tests/results, and a few have stated 'no, I'm fine. I was seeing a lass and she got tested and was clear'

"It astounds me when chatting with some guys and I'll ask about lady tests/results, and a few have stated 'no, I'm fine. I was seeing a lass and she got tested and was clear' "

*latest

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"It astounds me when chatting with some guys and I'll ask about lady tests/results, and a few have stated 'no, I'm fine. I was seeing a lass and she got tested and was clear'

*latest "

It is scary how many people don’t test at all or on a regular basis and just expect everyone else to.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

Are they closing the doors and not letting anyone in or out of the country soon. I suppose you will be able to go out but not come back in.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"

There are literally thousands of different cancers. It is not one single thing.

Also, I'm not sure why cancer is relevant to the question?

Cwmbran

Where's the profit to be had from eradicating cancer?

If you straight up found a cure for cancer you'd either wind up very rich or very dead

I'm willing to bet the latter

By *assy MissWoman  over a year ago

Sent to Coventry

"It astounds me when chatting with some guys and I'll ask about lady tests/results, and a few have stated 'no, I'm fine. I was seeing a lass and she got tested and was clear'

*latest

It is scary how many people don’t test at all or on a regular basis and just expect everyone else to."

Agreed, I’ve been surprised by that. Despite almost never testing most men I’ve met start off expecting bareback sex. Many arrive without condoms. If asked about testing they want to rely on my test results !

That will be great if they achieve it

I grew up in the 80s, so was terrified of AIDS and also nuclear bombs!

There used to be a real stigma for being tested for HIV, but now its just part of a standard STI check (mine was last done 17 Oct)

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

"Were condoms used much less, before HIV? I'm assuming they were and it was a defining point in casual sex, for people to take greater precautions

Condom was a word that was very rarely used anyway but 'rubbers' or 'johnnies' or 'durex' was more likely to be used to refer to them. If a woman was on the pill nobody gave it a second thought. The primary concern was pregnancy.

It still is... Had more than one guy tell me he shouldn't need a condom for anal as I can't get pregnant... Wtf?! "

Which is probably why worldwide more women have HIV than men.

By *ewisbi76Man  over a year ago

west edinburgh

"The UK plans for us to have no new HIV infections from 2030. Everyone infected would be on treatment and not infectious.

When we hit this milestone, how will you be? "

I know that u=u... but if thats the case i struggle to understand why the only group of women who can easily get PREP on the nhs are women whose partners have hiv...all of whom will be on treatment and should be in the undetectable category.

I think the incidence of HIV will go from rare to very rare but i cant see it disappearing 100%. unfortunately as it becomes less prevalent testing, PREP etc will reduce and eventually the numbers might increase again.

By *ewisbi76Man  over a year ago

west edinburgh

"Where's the profit to be had from eradicating cancer?

If you straight up found a cure for cancer you'd either wind up very rich or very dead

I'm willing to bet the latter"

i read an interview with an oncologist who said his goal in life was to do for cancer what had been done for HIV, take it from a terminal illness to one you can live with for your remaining natural life.

its interesting he didnt want to cure it, but was happy to administer some expensive medicine or other for decades.

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

"Where's the profit to be had from eradicating cancer?

I'm willing to bet the latter

i read an interview with an oncologist who said his goal in life was to do for cancer what had been done for HIV, take it from a terminal illness to one you can live with for your remaining natural life.

its interesting he didnt want to cure it, but was happy to administer some expensive medicine or other for decades. "

Where is the money in curing people when you can turn a deadly disease into a chronic one, that way everyone makes a crust and nobody dies.

Great plans but with sexual health services being outsourced to private companies in the county I live in, it ius very very difficult to access these services, so I don't see how this goal is going to be achievable

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It still is... Had more than one guy tell me he shouldn't need a condom for anal as I can't get pregnant... Wtf?!

Which is probably why worldwide more women have HIV than men. "

And with some of their cultural norms that's not going to change anytime soon

» Add a new message to this topic