FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Morally right or not

Morally right or not

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

With out going into details, I have a non swinging dilemma. That has two options, do what's right for me, or go against my feelings and do what's morally right.

My gut instinct says run with option one, pressure from family, work, friends say run with option two.

So, do I do what's right for me, or do I do what seen as the right thing to do regardless

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Always do what YOU think is right as you have to live with the consequences of how you feel.

Do whats right for you....your life ...you live it ..and whatever it is hope it works out for you...good luck x

Get two pieces of paper, draw a line in the middle, on the left of each piece write 'for' and on the right hand side of each piece write 'against'. Head one piece as family and on the other write friends.

Whatever you decide to do, one will be hurt/upset/angry, you cannot win and only you can really decide just don't get pressured by family because they feel you should follow them above friends but remember they may bring it up and throw it back in your face if you choose friends. You need to have a clear good valid reason as to why you choose who you do so that the other side, so to speak, understands your reasons and accepts them.

Hugs and kisses to you as not an easy thing to have to do

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Do what's right for you but take into account other considerations but keep them as that just considerations because you can never know what people think and can never analyze situations with all their possible outcomes.

Trust your gut what was your first thought or reaction and follow that i do that does not guarantee you success but by sound of it there will be upset either way.

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I hate situations like this. I've been in them before and tend to do what's right for me and deal with the backlash from everyone afterwards. But it really does depend on the individual situation.

Hope it works out whatever you decide x

Never regret the things you have done, regret the things that you haven't sums it up quite nicely

I'd say depends on how easily you'll live with it. If you lose a nights sleep, but otherwise will be fine with it then go ahead. Particularly if it involves someone you don't like or will never see again.

If it's going to plague you and you'll dwell on it for a long time then don't bother. Particularly if it involves another person you like or you have to face them on a daily basis.

And morals change from person to person anyway. What you think is morally bad might be my day job!

When I was faced with similar dilemma, I chose what was right for me at the time, and was prepared to accept the consequences, and have not regretted my decision to this day.

Good luck, whatever the OP decides to do.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

take a very considered approach, it is okay invisible people say do this or that, it is your life and you live the consequences.

sometimes it may feel right but people you love and respect also want the best for you and they may see it clearer.

good luck

Go with your gut instincts and do what's right for you every time

By *oobsCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Not sure I understand you.

Morality is a continuum as an adult and you judge what is morally right in context.

E.g stealing is wrong. But Robin Hood is a role model because he stole to redistribute wealth from an oppressive rich to an exploited poor.

If you have decided the morally right path, isn't taking that path the one that is best for your own peace of mind?

So how much money was in that random sack marked 'swag' you found on the way home?

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

"Never regret the things you have done, regret the things that you haven't sums it up quite nicely"

This is exactly what I tell my kids to think and how to work some things out.

You gotta do what you feel is right for you but remember santas watching and the naughty steps outside !

"So how much money was in that random sack marked 'swag' you found on the way home? "

I wish the issue was a bag of swag

By *etish fun and frolicsCouple  over a year ago

Portsmouth

It depends on how morally wrong it will be, if you go with option one and do whats best for you?

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Isn't there any third option?

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

Over the years I have always gone with gut instinct, sometimes it has been the wrong decision and I have had to live with the consequences other times it paid off and everyone was happy.

I think with most decisions in life there will ALWAYS be someone that does not like it, so that is why I have always been of the opinion do whats best for me at the time.

» Add a new message to this topic