FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Earthquake!

Earthquake!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rightonsteve OP   Man  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Has anyone actually experienced an earthquake? I've only ever been in that shop one that wobbles in the Science Museum......just wondered, is all.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

The one we had here a few years ago, admittedly it was only tiny but it shit me up. Thought my bed was going through the ceiling and the windows coming in

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has anyone actually experienced an earthquake? I've only ever been in that shop one that wobbles in the Science Museum......just wondered, is all."

There was one in Leicestershire a few years back. It was weird, just a bit of shaking but the noise was incredible.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"Has anyone actually experienced an earthquake? I've only ever been in that shop one that wobbles in the Science Museum......just wondered, is all.

There was one in Leicestershire a few years back. It was weird, just a bit of shaking but the noise was incredible."

Are you sure that was an earthquake??

Only the one we had here. Been on the earthquake simulator at the geology museum. It simulates the one in Kobe Japan.

Cali

i lived in birmingham in the early 90s and remember my flat juddering a bit in a tremor. No damage or anything really dramatic, but definitely one of those memorable WTF moments...

I was in a 6 when in the Canadian Rockies, on a field trip ....

Was very surreal - first you noticed the lake surface rippling and then jumping, followed by a rising tremor through your feet ....

a whole section of forest just slid away from the hillside and splashed into the lake .....

and then it was gone.

It was very quiet too, not like you might imagine from anything you might have seen in the movies ......

"Has anyone actually experienced an earthquake? I've only ever been in that shop one that wobbles in the Science Museum......just wondered, is all.

There was one in Leicestershire a few years back. It was weird, just a bit of shaking but the noise was incredible.

Are you sure that was an earthquake?? "

I was alone at the time, so, pretty sure.

Unless I left her with aftershocks!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

There was one in Leicestershire a few years back. It was weird, just a bit of shaking but the noise was incredible."

Bit of shaking!!!!!!!!!!!! I was holding on to my bed for dear life lol

I remember Andrew, I was a kid, we had been posted to Hong Kong, wasn't fun. My dad had to stay on camp so mum, my brother & I sat in the hallway all night.

When my dad came in the next morning, my mum kept hitting him & was hysterical. I wouldn't fancy living on a fault line or tornado alley

Had one on holiday in Zante, yes the Earth moved and the drinks fell off the table at the poolside.

Was certainly a what the f**K was that moment, and had the bar staff smiling.

In Turkey on holiday a few years ago. I think it was around 7.2. Was a very weird feeling, it lasted for about and you just couldnt get you balance. Wasn't pleasant at all

Bit of shaking!!!!!!!!!!!! I was holding on to my bed for dear life lol"

Well, I do like an understatement. It wasn't that bad though, it did wake me up which can be hard to do.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

When I was in my 20s we felt one in Manchester that woke me up with my wardrobe banging against the wall....

Once on holiday in Mexico and we were woken with a rumbling sound but we decided it was a heavy lorry going past and fell straight back asleep.

It was only when we got to breakfast the following morning and everyone was trying to leave the hotel that we realised that maybe a lorry wasnt going past our window on the 17th floor...

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Has anyone actually experienced an earthquake? I've only ever been in that shop one that wobbles in the Science Museum......just wondered, is all."

yes.... if you go to San Fran it is the way you tell the tourist from the person who lives there...

it will only be a 3... the tourist will freak out.... the person who lives there will laugh at the tourist..

the biggest i have ever encountered was a 5.5 ish..

my thought process was.....

is the earth moving?...

have i been drinking?...

no seriously, is the earth moving...

okay, it will stop any moment now.....

did i really not drink, and am I wide awake...

still not stopped....

EARTHQUAKE!!!!

all that within about 10 seconds......

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Managed to sleep though the one in Dudley a few years back. Got thrown out of bed by one in Japan when quite a bit younger

Was in Germany yrs ago and felt the one in holland.

By *amslam1000Man  over a year ago

willenhall

was living in Cyprus when in the RAF and we had several mostly 5's and one 6.3 was funny as fuck seing all the newbies experiencing their first ones

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

was on the Thelwall Viaduct a few years ago, just thought it was really windy.

I was in a 6.5 in the Dominican Republic. It happened in the middle of the night and woke us up. Did nite realise just how bad it was until we heard the airport terminal and other buildings had collapsed. Our hotel had massive cracks they were just filled and painted over!

Brighton - even Hove!

"I was in a 6.5 in the Dominican Republic. It happened in the middle of the night and woke us up. Did nite realise just how bad it was until we heard the airport terminal and other buildings had collapsed. Our hotel had massive cracks they were just filled and painted over!"

I mis-read your post and thought that you'd had a 6.5 inside you.

"Had one on holiday in Zante, yes the Earth moved and the drinks fell off the table at the poolside.

"

we had one in zante too but at night

the bed bounced across the room.

"I was in a 6.5 in the Dominican Republic. It happened in the middle of the night and woke us up. Did nite realise just how bad it was until we heard the airport terminal and other buildings had collapsed. Our hotel had massive cracks they were just filled and painted over!

I mis-read your post and thought that you'd had a 6.5 inside you."

As long as its not too thick 6.5 is a good fit in me! Lol

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Felt the earthquake in the SW about 10 years ago when I was visiting Bristol and the one just south of Yorkshire a few years ago. My sister was caught in one in Italy last year and was scared to death. Their earthquakes are a little more intense than ours.

By *MOOTH AND ROUGHCouple  over a year ago

tamworth

Ten years ago when Our lad was two days old we woke up to house shaking and thought shit whats going on picked baby out of Moses basket as he was near wardrobe didn't last long was a strange experience

Brighton - even Hove!

"Had one on holiday in Zante, yes the Earth moved and the drinks fell off the table at the poolside.

the bed bounced across the room."

Are you sure that was the reason?

Are you sure that was the reason?"

Can tell you never stayed on Zante, beds are not their best selling point.

By *av1970Man  over a year ago

Tattershall

Was in the one that hit Lincolnshire couple years back, hit 5.2 on the scale I think - small but quite big for UK - woke up middle of the night, whole room shaking and the weirdest rumbling noise...had to check out the window to make sure something serious wasn't exploding nearby :D

Are you sure that was the reason?"

yeah i was sitting on a chair trying not to drop my fag ash

Brighton - even Hove!

There seem to be quite a few earthquakes up north, I hope fracking doesn't make more happen. I was in Itlay for quite a while some years back and there was one a couple of days before I was there, nothing whilst I was there, and one a couple of days after I left. I decided I must be an earthquake god.

Brighton - even Hove!

Are you sure that was the reason? yeah i was sitting on a chair trying not to drop

my fag ash"

God, I love class!

"Was in the one that hit Lincolnshire couple years back, hit 5.2 on the scale I think - small but quite big for UK - woke up middle of the night, whole room shaking and the weirdest rumbling noise...had to check out the window to make sure something serious wasn't exploding nearby :D"

Yeah I remember that one. I was having a lock in at my pub. We all shook whilst dancing to elton John.

Also a year after I moved to London and lived on heathrow flight path. And I was watching telly when the bunsfield gas thing blew up . It shook the pub so much I thought a plane had crashed . And we were twenty miles away

By *radleyandRavenCouple  over a year ago

Herts

I remember that one in 2008, woke up to the dog barking, wardrobes shaking and a couple of ornaments falling off the shelves. Took me a little while to realise what was happening but was still a little scary.

- Amy. x

» Add a new message to this topic