FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > google, starbucks, amazon

google, starbucks, amazon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oodmess OP   Man  over a year ago

yumsville

Who would boycott them/who already is doing?

I'm already thinking about using Bing as a search engine, starbucks I can avoid but amazon is a bit hit and miss at the mo..

Are there any groups already set up about a poss boycott, if anyone knows?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Why would i boycott them? am not....

Wish i could boycott the useless gov who has no balls in forcing them to pay their due

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

If they pay their tax will it mean the amount of tax I pay is lowered?

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

Why should we boycott them?They have done nothing wrong.They have used the system that allows them to avoid paying tax.How many of us would pay tax if we could legally avoid it.The government should be questioning themselves for allowing this to happen.Not bleating about people who are smarter than them.

yumsville

"If they pay their tax will it mean the amount of tax I pay is lowered? "

It probably would yes, as their market shares would mean more money coming into our economy, resulting in less being taken off the individual..

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

"Who would boycott them/who already is doing?

I'm already thinking about using Bing as a search engine, starbucks I can avoid but amazon is a bit hit and miss at the mo..

Are there any groups already set up about a poss boycott, if anyone knows? "

Uk Uncut is a good organisation who do fun protests and provide info on the truth of what is going on about a year before main stream media ever report it.

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

"If they pay their tax will it mean the amount of tax I pay is lowered?

It probably would yes, as their market shares would mean more money coming into our economy, resulting in less being taken off the individual.. "

Not at all

The gov is setting up 250 millions scheme to collect the tax back...if they can...where will they get that extra 250 millions from???

yumsville

"Why should we boycott them?They have done nothing wrong.They have used the system that allows them to avoid paying tax.How many of us would pay tax if we could legally avoid it.The government should be questioning themselves for allowing this to happen.Not bleating about people who are smarter than them."

The system is there yes, though their contribution in taxes if payed, would run into the billions.

Realistically, the amount of revenue they get from the UK, in the long term it would be beneficial for them to cough up so why not make them do it sooner and even out across social sectors what is to be paid back.

Otherwise - the public would have no ground whatsoever to "bleat on" about poorest always getting hit.

yumsville

It probably would yes, as their market shares would mean more money coming into our economy, resulting in less being taken off the individual.. Not at all

The gov is setting up 250 millions scheme to collect the tax back...if they can...where will they get that extra 250 millions from???"

that is literally pennies to the treasury mate ..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Who would boycott them/who already is doing?

Are there any groups already set up about a poss boycott, if anyone knows? "

Get your hammer out and lets go to starbucks and knock the handlebars of all the mugs. Rebellion time.

london

It probably would yes, as their market shares would mean more money coming into our economy, resulting in less being taken off the individual.. Not at all

The gov is setting up 250 millions scheme to collect the tax back...if they can...where will they get that extra 250 millions from???

that is literally pennies to the treasury mate .. "

estimated tax avoidance by global corps and banks is estimated at anywhere between 80 billion and 120 billion a year.

I dont really boycott these sort of companys i just never have really used them.

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 14:49:32]

"Uk Uncut is a good organisation who do fun protests and provide info on the truth of what is going on about a year before main stream media ever report it. "

I am all for taking my custom away from tax evoiders (deliberate spelling) but in a classic case of "do as I say, not as I do" Anna Walker from UK Uncut squirmed when Victoria Derbyshire asked her if she still uses Amazon and Google. Alternatives are available for both.

yumsville

I dont usualy get involved with any boycotting - though in these cases and given our economic health I'd gladly join and spread the word if a group en-force

Viva la Revoltion !!

london

"Uk Uncut is a good organisation who do fun protests and provide info on the truth of what is going on about a year before main stream media ever report it.

I am all for taking my custom away from tax evoiders (deliberate spelling) but in a classic case of "do as I say, not as I do" Anna Walker from UK Uncut squirmed when Victoria Derbyshire asked her if she still uses Amazon and Google. Alternatives are available for both."

maybe true but it doesnt alter all the good work uk uncut has done. Besides uk uncut isnt an organisation as such. anyone can organise a uk uncut event and anna walker isnt or shouldnt be putting herself up as some sort of representative.

Yep. Lets all boycott them. Then when they shut up shop and relocate to other countries we can all moan about yet another case of companies ditching the uk and laying off thousands of employees - not to mention the knock on effect to suppliers and other linked businesses.

Whilst not ideal, they have done nothing illegal. And I for one would much rather have companies like this providing much needed employment in the uk than deciding to move operations to other countries that would welcome new employers with all kinds of tax breaks and government funded schemes.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

wouldnt use starbucks if they were the last coffee shop on earth anyway...

By *aucy3Couple  over a year ago

glasgow

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 15:52:31]

glasgow

"Yep. Lets all boycott them. Then when they shut up shop and relocate to other countries we can all moan about yet another case of companies ditching the uk and laying off thousands of employees - not to mention the knock on effect to suppliers and other linked businesses.

Whilst not ideal, they have done nothing illegal. And I for one would much rather have companies like this providing much needed employment in the uk than deciding to move operations to other countries that would welcome new employers with all kinds of tax breaks and government funded schemes."

If they move to another country,i'm definitely not going there for a coffee.

I agree big companies should get some kind of tax breaks,but in order for that to work,they would have to be paying some tax in the first place.

I"m also wondering how companies like starbucks could move abroad.when they make their profits selling their goods to people in this country.a coffee delivered by parcel force just aint gonna be as appealing.

yumsville

"Yep. Lets all boycott them. Then when they shut up shop and relocate to other countries we can all moan about yet another case of companies ditching the uk and laying off thousands of employees - not to mention the knock on effect to suppliers and other linked businesses.

Whilst not ideal, they have done nothing illegal. And I for one would much rather have companies like this providing much needed employment in the uk than deciding to move operations to other countries that would welcome new employers with all kinds of tax breaks and government funded schemes."

Just interested me that so looked it up.

- Googles advertising generated £2.5bn in the UK and the UK is the only country apart from the US where Google generated more than 10% of its revenues (which is pretty significant)

- Starbuks revenue is £3bn in the UK

- Amazon received revenue of £3.35bn in the UK (profits of £74m)

I thnk it is unlikely they will leave.

Whilst not ideal, they have done nothing illegal. And I for one would much rather have companies like this providing much needed employment in the uk than deciding to move operations to other countries that would welcome new employers with all kinds of tax breaks and government funded schemes.

I agree big companies should get some kind of tax breaks,but in order for that to work,they would have to be paying some tax in the first place.

I"m also wondering how companies like starbucks could move abroad.when they make their profits selling their goods to people in this country.a coffee delivered by parcel force just aint gonna be as appealing."

Might be tricky for Starbucks - but would be easy enough for them to downsize and lay staff off.

Amazon? They already operate out of guernsey for tax reasons and could easily ship out to any European country in need of new jobs - which lets face it - right now is all of them!

glasgow

I"m also wondering how companies like starbucks could move abroad.when they make their profits selling their goods to people in this country.a coffee delivered by parcel force just aint gonna be as appealing.

Might be tricky for Starbucks - but would be easy enough for them to downsize and lay staff off.

Amazon? They already operate out of guernsey for tax reasons and could easily ship out to any European country in need of new jobs - which lets face it - right now is all of them! "

I've already agreed,tax breaks should be available to big companies,but they must pay some tax to start with.

Barclays paid less than .002% tax in 2010,from 11 billion pounds profit,made in britain,that just cant be right.

Amazon? They already operate out of guernsey for tax reasons and could easily ship out to any European country in need of new jobs - which lets face it - right now is all of them!

I've already agreed,tax breaks should be available to big companies,but they must pay some tax to start with.

Barclays paid less than .002% tax in 2010,from 11 billion pounds profit,made in britain,that just cant be right."

It's not. It was £6.1 billion and less than a billion of that came from the uk - the majority from investment business through Barclays capital in the US.

Shit - aren't I supposed to be boycotting google!

yes.

i have removed all my business from companies using ways to avoid paying tax.

i have no interest in hearing they are using european laws to let them base their businesses in a country with the lowest tax levels.

and as i have said before on other threads.

if i was in a position to do so, i would close down all access to the companies internet sites, clse down premises and freeze all accounts until they started to pay.

and if they decided to leave the uk.what is already here stays here and becomes property of the treasury.

firm but fair.

"yes.

i have removed all my business from companies using ways to avoid paying tax.

i have no interest in hearing they are using european laws to let them base their businesses in a country with the lowest tax levels.

and as i have said before on other threads.

if i was in a position to do so, i would close down all access to the companies internet sites, clse down premises and freeze all accounts until they started to pay.

and if they decided to leave the uk.what is already here stays here and becomes property of the treasury.

firm but fair."

We need you in parliment

london

we already have the lowest corporation tax in the EU so it would be nice if they actually paid it.

As for this threat that banks and corps will leave if we tax them. Then you just tax them so much to leave you bankrupt them. Argentina did it in the 1980. no one left.

To be honest i couldnt give a fuck if they do leave. would be lovely to see people starting up small independent coffee shops , book shops. record stores etc

The govt is meant to be there to represent the interests of its citizens not cow tow to corporations

yumsville

Just thought. If they do leave the UK, which is very unlikely - not least for good trade policies. It will only mean companies will expand into their areas! Costa coffee for instance (who are up to date with taxes) could easily expand and take employees on.

Like the little man - they are not irreplacable.

yumsville

.... or dreading the thought here ..... SMALL INDEPENDENT BUSINESSES??????????? what would we do!!

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 17:26:23]

london

"

Of course before we had these blood sucking psychopathic leeches also known as global corporations you couldnt get a coffee or a book anywhere.

glasgow

Barclays paid less than .002% tax in 2010,from 11 billion pounds profit,made in britain,that just cant be right.

It's not. It was £6.1 billion and less than a billion of that came from the uk - the majority from investm ent business through Barclays capital in the US.

Shit - aren't I supposed to be boycotting google! "

Oops sorry, try googling 2009,that

should help.

11 billion pounds profit,less than 200 million tax,that cant be right.

They are doing nothing legally wrong and their tax avoidance is nothing compared to the members of the BANKING CASINOS of bishopgate or canary wharf let alone all the fiddles by MPs etc

Every one has paid cash to tradesmen to avoid vat or gone to calais for their reduced duty goods its happened for years and as far as it goes that too is also legal

its rich when the likes of Cameron and Osborne talk about MORAL issues when they do everything they can to fund the gambling debts of their friends in the city of london who are the REAL CAUSE of our current economic ills and should be made to pay for their misdemeanours

They are doing nothing legally wrong and their tax avoidance is nothing compared to the members of the BANKING CASINOS of bishopgate or canary wharf let alone all the fiddles by MPs etc

Every one has paid cash to tradesmen to avoid vat or gone to calais for their reduced duty goods its happened for years and as far as it goes that too is also legal

its rich when the likes of Cameron and Osborne talk about MORAL issues when they do everything they can to fund the gambling debts of their friends in the city of london who are the REAL CAUSE of our current economic ills and should be made to pay for their misdemeanours

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

The amount of tax avoidance from corporations in this company comes to about £70billion! Yup, that's right £70billion.

Probably enough to wipe out our National Debt or, at least, make a huge dent in it!

And what do the media go all out for? What gets them in a frenzy? Dole scroungers. Yet that is pennies in comparison.

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

Sorry - that should say 'in this country'.

» Add a new message to this topic