By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wow what an experience to end the day!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

in a good way or a bad way?

Good way. I'm clean!! And wow did it feel good hopping up onto the table.

evesham

dont you have to wait 2 weeks for the results? i do whenever i have gone...

Went last week. Results through today!

By *eminiman61Man  over a year ago

mansfield

Yes its normally 2 weeks for a pee test and 6 months for a blood test..... I was there yesterday

mansfield

How did you get your results did you ring...... Because if your clean they dont contact you

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"How did you get your results did you ring...... Because if your clean they dont contact you "

Mine texted me 'all results negative', so some do.

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"How did you get your results did you ring...... Because if your clean they dont contact you "

Mine does. They send a text to say the results are fine.

evesham

"Yes its normally 2 weeks for a pee test and 6 months for a blood test..... I was there yesterday "

do yours use snail mail?? lol

i get full check up done, blood tests and swabs galore but it only takes 2 weeks for all results to come back. they text you to say all ok or book an appointment....they will never tell you whats wrong over the phone

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"How did you get your results did you ring...... Because if your clean they dont contact you

Mine texted me 'all results negative', so some do."

Snap!

evesham

oh and apart from a failed hep b innoculation i ahve ever got the latter of the texts

I rang them as it was my first time

evesham

"How did you get your results did you ring...... Because if your clean they dont contact you

I rang them as it was my first time "

well congrats on the all clear, very good to keep up good sexual health practices so i hope you got free condoms when you went

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Well done on your results and glad the experience didn't put you off going... I have always found them great people.

Yes a few freebies!! Just need someone to use them with now! X

mansfield

"oh and apart from a failed hep b innoculation i ahve ever got the latter of the texts "

Thats why I went for my hep b as the first course dint work....... They told me that aids etc could take upto 6 months to show symptoms...... I got my freebies yday.... I made em laugh when I went once..... I said to the Dr "The condoms dont last long" She said theyve got a good date on em I said no I met someone the other day and we had it 6 times you only give me around 12 now

evesham

"oh and apart from a failed hep b innoculation i ahve ever got the latter of the texts

Thats why I went for my hep b as the first course dint work....... They told me that aids etc could take upto 6 months to show symptoms...... I got my freebies yday.... I made em laugh when I went once..... I said to the Dr "The condoms dont last long" She said theyve got a good date on em I said no I met someone the other day and we had it 6 times you only give me around 12 now "

That's why having a friend who is a youth worker is handy....lots of freebies for birthday and Christmas presents lol

HIV and syphilis etc can only be detected after 2 months I believe so they will tell you that any encounters you have had within that time won't show on the tests. That's why I have it done every time.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I had mine done and their ethos is no news is good news and guess what I got no news....

mansfield

Its not what you know its who you know

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Went to one in Amsterdam. It was very different but good.

1. You get a number and wait for it to be called.

2. Blood test for hep b as well as hiv and syphilis.

3. You take your swap in a different room and place the sample in a tray.

4. They email 4 to 7 days later to login to get your results

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"Wow what an experience to end the day!"
That was a novel way to ellicit other peoples' experiences of 'medical examinations'.

By *hattyman80Man  over a year ago

stockport

Always good when I use them tbh. Always get a text from them with the all clear. Nice and easy no messing about.

I got the dreaded phone call from an ex so along I went for tests did the decent thing contacted another ex and one fabber to let them know I was going fabber had his test done and results back afore I'd even got an appointment !!!!! BUPA jammy shit got the all clear though even when I was with my exes in supposedly loving trusting relationships I still went and got checked out I guess too many friends who are male and cheating had me cynical and it's now a habit to go along every couple of months and get regular smears too

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"Wow what an experience to end the day! That was a novel way to ellicit other peoples' experiences of 'medical examinations'. "
*elicit

mansfield

I go often and not just for free condoms....... Some women have asked if Ive been checked especially when getting into a relationship and thinking about sleeping together. Plus for my own peace of mind. I quite like the green card system used in some countries

I really doubt that any GUM clinic would make any patient wait 6 months for the results of a blood test. If that was the case it would be an extreme risk for that patient to carry on with sexual practice which could infect others.

Some clinics dont text at all and this means that the results are clear. Most will send results by text within 2-3 weeks. If there was a positive result then the clinic would make contact for the patient to attend another appointment.

When I was going into the new kingsmill I used to ring for the results but now I've moved & they text me and say all clear

I always get loads of condoms and lube, I must have a handbag full by now, because I personally like a different brand (In its convienient credit card sized pack)

Some things can take 6 months to show though,

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

mines 3 weeks for bloods and 1 week for anything else .. gonorrhea can be back in 30 minutes if necessary

mansfield

Thanx for backing me up QKM thats what they told me

Did you know theyre knocking down the old dukeries I think its called..... Both my kids and probably 1000s of others were born there Ive spent many a night in there because my 7yo had lots of probs

Get using em and get some newbies....

Rember stock rotation

mansfield

I think if youve got symptoms they can tell you straight away and start the cures....... If there is any

Last time I went I recieved my results by text

mansfield

It sounds like different GUMs do things differently or its down to each person. I know theyve always told me if theres no contact youre clear. If you want peace of mind ring us. No news is good news so to speak

The only time they contacted me was when the results of my hep b count were first inconclusive..... Then the course hadnt succeeded. So I had to have another course

Just got my results back from my visit 2 days ago by mail. All clear.

"Went to one in Amsterdam. It was very different but good.

1. You get a number and wait for it to be called.

2. Blood test for hep b as well as hiv and syphilis.

3. You take your swap in a different room and place the sample in a tray.

4. They email 4 to 7 days later to login to get your results"

mansfield

[Removed by poster at 07/12/12 16:55:58]

mansfield

Ggggrrrr been to the GUM again today and my hep b counts only 17 soooo Ive had another booster

I said we'd been having this discussion on here and she said that "hep C can have an incubation period of 6 months so you wouldnt get a result from a blood test till 6 months after sex with an infected person...... I hope this clears up the 6 months period I said

As someone said frightening to think how many people a infected person could infect before he/she knew they were infected

"Ggggrrrr been to the GUM again today and my hep b counts only 17 soooo Ive had another booster

I said we'd been having this discussion on here and she said that "hep C can have an incubation period of 6 months so you wouldnt get a result from a blood test till 6 months after sex with an infected person...... I hope this clears up the 6 months period I said

As someone said frightening to think how many people a infected person could infect before he/she knew they were infected "

It took about 18 months for my Hep jabs to take.

In the end they had to give me double doses to get it to take.

That did work, but the prior single doses didn't.

mansfield

Thanx for that buddy she said some ppl just never get protected..... I'll mention the double wammy

» Add a new message to this topic