FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Adverts...

Adverts...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ereforgiggles OP   Man  over a year ago

Scotland

Just watched an ad for Lenor on telly where everyone is singing "no sun at all..." and I do have to wonder if they look back on it and think "why the fuck did I take the low sum of money to do that advert and ruin any chance of having a proper acting career???"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lots of adverts are so bad. Verisure make some diabolical adverts and over 50s life insurance not great. One that really makes me cringe one of the cheap cremation ads where the guy walks into the room and his elderly relatives drinking orange juice and he says (And my lot know how to party)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just watched an ad for Lenor on telly where everyone is singing "no sun at all..." and I do have to wonder if they look back on it and think "why the fuck did I take the low sum of money to do that advert and ruin any chance of having a proper acting career???""

Because most off them have probably tryed for things and not got the part

so they acting career is all ready dead

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

"Just watched an ad for Lenor on telly where everyone is singing "no sun at all..." and I do have to wonder if they look back on it and think "why the fuck did I take the low sum of money to do that advert and ruin any chance of having a proper acting career???""

A few of my friends have been in adverts. They usually just do it as a side hustle to their real job, which in this case is entertainment.

By *sleWightCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ryde

I used to be in "the biz" (urgh...) and the agency I was with had a very nice side-line in providing talent for commercials. They dropped that particular avenue when, about 15 years ago, the adverts industry changed.

It used to be that getting an advert was the jackpot that jammed on pay, with residuals trickling in from each airing on top of an up-front fee. Now, it's a flat Ex-Gratis payment with nothing from screenings.

Funnily enough, it's not as pursued a job as it once was, as you don't get the decent money to cushion your decision to sell out, which is blood in the water when trying to get "proper" work.

» Add a new message to this topic