FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Shopping a drink driver

Shopping a drink driver

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugby 123 OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Derbyshire/Nottingham have announced they are wanting people to shop drink drivers to them...if it leads to a conviction you will get £1000.

Would you shop a d*unk driver? If so ,if it was a family member would you still shop them? Or would you ignore ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Shop them.....id rather have someone loose their license than have on their conscious that they have killed someone for the rest of their life...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I cannot stand people who are so stupid to drink drive. So yes even if they were family i would inform the police. They shouldnt have been as stupid to do it in the first place. Simple

I have shopped my step dad before for drink driving I can think of nothing worse than them killing someone whilst d*unk ! We kept warning him not to drink drive and he kept ignoring us ( he used to get so drink he couldn't stand but thought he could drive) x

I'd shop a "D*unk" driver.... but I wouldn't do it for money !

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I'd shop someone, regardless if there was any money offered.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

Instead of shopping them I would just take their keys off them and put them in the hole in my cellar, oh and remove their skin.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"I'd shop a "D*unk" driver.... but I wouldn't do it for money ! "

This!

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Since working in the pub trade I have done it twice.

One was a guy who thought he could drive his motorbike home after sinking 6 double JD's. The other was another guy who thought he could drive his car after being in my pub since opening time.

I'd do it again, and I'd do it if it were a family member.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Seconded, does not matter who!

IT would depend who they are really, some stranger yeah no problem, a family member or friend I would talk to first and ask for there car keys and tell them if the decide to drive I will ring the police, I would even pay forthere taxi home, if they still drove no problem shopping them, especially for a grand lol

Ditto and if with family we always have a designated driver, but I'd call police if any of my family were stupid enough to drink drive.

First thing I bought my son when he passed his driving test was a couple of those test yourself breathalysers so he could check how easy it was to go over the limit. ( he didn't drive after drinking, it was just to show how easily one can tip from responsible to reckless)

Shop without doubt forget money. Years ago i worked for family run firm the main man turned out to a constant drinker once i found out i approached his family and told em to stop him driving they did not listen so i shopped him he got done for it.

Each day he drove past local school and only by luck he didnt have accident. His family gave me grief but told them to fook off.

No excuse to drink and drive under any circumstances.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I'd shop anyone other than my family. I'd give my family a huge piece of my mind (what's left of it). Fortunately, my family have a similar view to drinking and driving i.e. we just don't do it.

Shop them and give the money to charity

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Shop them no matter who they are. Anyone who does it are low life's that kill just go they can drink

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

I've shopped people before. One old guy came in the shop I used to work in with his grandson absolutely blotto and then went and got in his car with the boy and drove off, I rang the police with the registration and they rang me later to say they had tracked him down. I've reported people when I used to work in the pub before.

I saw a 14 year old girl get hit by a drink driver while age was crossing the road and she died there in the street before the ambulance even arrived. It's awful how people think they can gamble with other people's lives like that! X

Given that supposedly 'secret' details have been released before, coupled with the Freedom of Information Act, I couldn't be 100% certain that it would never become known that I'd grassed on someone. I remember a similar scheme years ago but this time it focused on benefit cheats, namely those claiming single occupancy when they had people living in their homes, and it involved a woman on the estate where we lived who grassed dozens of people for financial reward and her name made it into the public domain. She had to leave not just the estate. but the COUNTY to ensure her safety.

I don't approve of drink driving whatsoever, but I don't trust the police/system/authorities to keep my data private. So no, I'd keep my nose out of other people's business.

yes i think i would, not if it was a family member, depends how d*unk they were though.

after wishy post i change my mind.

i would mind my own buisness.

By *insfordcoupleCouple  over a year ago

winsford cheshire

Report no mattet what once a drink driver always a drink driver xx Hate them even if it was family i would because they should know better xx

"Given that supposedly 'secret' details have been released before, coupled with the Freedom of Information Act, I couldn't be 100% certain that it would never become known that I'd grassed on someone. I remember a similar scheme years ago but this time it focused on benefit cheats, namely those claiming single occupancy when they had people living in their homes, and it involved a woman on the estate where we lived who grassed dozens of people for financial reward and her name made it into the public domain. She had to leave not just the estate. but the COUNTY to ensure her safety.

I don't approve of drink driving whatsoever, but I don't trust the police/system/authorities to keep my data private. So no, I'd keep my nose out of other people's business."

Are you for real you would rather risk a potential death rather than risk being caught out as reporting it. Disgraceful paranoia is one thing injury and death is another.

By *autious CoupleCouple  over a year ago

home

Shop them and give the £100 to family's that have lost a loved one to mindless selfish d*unk drivers

I`d do it in a heartbeat, mobile phone users too, you can`t control your car in either situation, it`s a pity people don`t think about the damage they could do, I would have no problem shopping anyone, family or not

Strange how successfully the minds of the population have been overtaken by the drink drive campaign.

Now I don't drink and drive, and I totally feel it's a dangerous thing to do, but actually how many are killed and maimed by drink drivers? no idea! nope nor have I..

Compare that to the thousands who drive 3 or four hours, do an 8 + hour working day then drive 3 or 4 hours home again, I have absolutely no figures to say either way, but regularly used to do just that 5 or 6 days a week .

I know I was unfit to drive, attention was well gone.. but when I raised it with bosses at work it was never taken seriously.

So no I wouldn't shop someone unless they were doing it on a regular basis, and more than a little bit tipsy, I would however ask for their keys and lock them away until tomorrow.

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

I would shop a d*unk driver in a heart beat, family members just would not drive home as I would have their keys off of them and they would be in a taxi

By * pool 1Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

Family member or not even if it meant having to fight them for the keys and

no interest in the money give it to a charity.

deffo wud pass info on drink drivers my best mates son was killed by drink driver on christmas day he was going 2 collect his sister for dinner 400yrds from home ,,,

By *at n michaelCouple  over a year ago

AYRSHIRE

i drive for a living and i would shop them in a min, family or stranger.they dont just wreck their lives it could be ur relative they knock down or crash into n dont care if they knew i did it. xxx cat

Too many people drive the morning after and are still d*unk. A lot of people even brag about it. Mental.

Had a woman arrested last week for drink driving. She drove to tesco pissed to buy more beer and then got pulled driving off.

Turns out she's a nurse

By *ethany10Couple  over a year ago

falkirk

Having worked in the ambulance service for 23 years and seen many a result of this, yes, I would. In fact we have shopped two of our sons some years ago for this.

Steve

I wouldn't think twice about shopping a drink or drug driver. Both are highly dangerous and I think its our duty to shop those members of society who put all does users at risk.

Definitely make the call, tell them to give money to anti-drink-drive campaign.

However, consider this. The guy who lives opposite me is a builder and drives a large Renault transit style van. He parks it on the road outside his house most nights. He drinks regularly in the pub around the corner from us - a distance of not more than 500 metres. He drives there from work. I have seen with my own eyes that his mates buy him pints of Carlsberg & line up 4 pints before he gets into the pub. He downs them and has more afterwards. After an hour he leaves the bar, gets into his van and drives home.

I have shopped him three times in the last 6 months AND THE POLICE HAVE NOT TURNED UP. My wife works part time in our local police station and has mentioned this to the Chief Inspector who is i/c the station. He was not impressed and has spoken to the i/c road unit but still nothing.

If my daughter or anyone else gets knocked down by the guy, then I can guarantee either me or someone else will be on trial. Why? Because the driver will get some just desserts from us.

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"Derbyshire/Nottingham have announced they are wanting people to shop drink drivers to them...if it leads to a conviction you will get £1000.

Would you shop a d*unk driver? If so ,if it was a family member would you still shop them? Or would you ignore ? "

The issue of shopping a d*unk driver has been discussed by many posters so I cannot add to that argument. I am taking issue with the "reward". Surely there should not be a financial incentive for doing what should be the duty of a responsible citizen. Where could this precedent lead? (yes I know rewards have been proferred in high profile serious crime cases).

I'd make the call, family or not

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

I would definatly grass on a drink driver and donate the money to charity.

Personally im in favour of changing the law to make drinking any alcohol or taking any drug and driving illegal and punishable by a long prison term a lifetime ban from driving.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

I would try and persuade them not to first. I have taken people's keys before to stop them. If they choose not to listen then tough shit. I'm not prepared to watch them potentially kill some one.

"Definitely make the call, tell them to give money to anti-drink-drive campaign.

However, consider this. The guy who lives opposite me is a builder and drives a large Renault transit style van. He parks it on the road outside his house most nights. He drinks regularly in the pub around the corner from us - a distance of not more than 500 metres. He drives there from work. I have seen with my own eyes that his mates buy him pints of Carlsberg & line up 4 pints before he gets into the pub. He downs them and has more afterwards. After an hour he leaves the bar, gets into his van and drives home.

I have shopped him three times in the last 6 months AND THE POLICE HAVE NOT TURNED UP. My wife works part time in our local police station and has mentioned this to the Chief Inspector who is i/c the station. He was not impressed and has spoken to the i/c road unit but still nothing.

If my daughter or anyone else gets knocked down by the guy, then I can guarantee either me or someone else will be on trial. Why? Because the driver will get some just desserts from us. "

That sounds very much like the builder is a masonic chappie, and you don't rise above the rank of Sergeant in the Police if you're not a masonic chappie either. Allegedly.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

" That sounds very much like the builder is a masonic chappie, and you don't rise above the rank of Sergeant in the Police if you're not a masonic chappie either. Allegedly."

That'll come as a bit of a shock to Cressida Dick.

Yes ide shop them without the money

[Removed by poster at 03/12/12 19:10:29]

"Given that supposedly 'secret' details have been released before, coupled with the Freedom of Information Act, I couldn't be 100% certain that it would never become known that I'd grassed on someone. I remember a similar scheme years ago but this time it focused on benefit cheats, namely those claiming single occupancy when they had people living in their homes, and it involved a woman on the estate where we lived who grassed dozens of people for financial reward and her name made it into the public domain. She had to leave not just the estate. but the COUNTY to ensure her safety.

I don't approve of drink driving whatsoever, but I don't trust the police/system/authorities to keep my data private. So no, I'd keep my nose out of other people's business.

Are you for real you would rather risk a potential death rather than risk being caught out as reporting it. Disgraceful paranoia is one thing injury and death is another."

Look, don't ask a question in an open forum and then insult the people who answer it because you don't argee with what they say.

I don't approve of drink driving but I'm no grass either. I've seen the damage drink can do, and I've seen the damage a mob can do too. The woman I referred to in my earlier post was a friend of mine and she had to leave the place she was born and grew up in. She was in fear for her life because she shopped so many cheats. Had there not been a financial incentive for her to do it I can't say with any degree of accuracy whether she would have still shopped them, but having witnessed police stupidity in releasing her name, albeit inadvertently, there is no way I'd put myself or my family at risk on an altruistic mission of someone else's measure of what doing one's public duty should be. I pay my taxes for the police to do that for me.

You'd be surprised how many people turn up to dogging sites after drinking.

Maybe they do it for dutch courage, who knows?

We have seen police do them on the spot as soon as the car has been driven onto the public highway.

When all said and done, is it worth losing your licence for a pint?

Is it worth injuring (or worse) anyone due to being d*unk behind the wheel?

Would I shop them? Nope, I'd take their keys off them, I've done it before and will do it again!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Derbyshire/Nottingham have announced they are wanting people to shop drink drivers to them...if it leads to a conviction you will get £1000.

Would you shop a d*unk driver? If so ,if it was a family member would you still shop them? Or would you ignore ? The issue of shopping a d*unk driver has been discussed by many posters so I cannot add to that argument. I am taking issue with the "reward". Surely there should not be a financial incentive for doing what should be the duty of a responsible citizen. Where could this precedent lead? (yes I know rewards have been proferred in high profile serious crime cases)."

You see this I agree with, I don't see why they need to offer money to do it....surely if you think it is the right thing to do you wouldn't need to be paid for it.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Look, don't ask a question in an open forum and then insult the people who answer it because you don't argee with what they say.

)"

I asked the question Wishy

Glasgow

Would you shop a d*unk driver? If so ,if it was a family member would you still shop them? Or would you ignore ? The issue of shopping a d*unk driver has been discussed by many posters so I cannot add to that argument. I am taking issue with the "reward". Surely there should not be a financial incentive for doing what should be the duty of a responsible citizen. Where could this precedent lead? (yes I know rewards have been proferred in high profile serious crime cases).

You see this I agree with, I don't see why they need to offer money to do it....surely if you think it is the right thing to do you wouldn't need to be paid for it.

"

You'd like to think so, would you?

Unfortunately there are folks out there who won't get off their arses to do anything without there being something in it for them. The concept of the common good has passed them by.

Where it falls down is when it's THEIR friend or relative who could have been saved had someone been public spirited enough to act before a tragedy.

Then you can hear their howls from the moon.

By *ornishBiLoverMan  over a year ago

Plymouth

Definately shop drink drivers. Family member I would shop also because the dangers are the same regardless if they are family or not.

I was hit by a d*unk driver so you could say my opinion is a bit biased.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

The reason I ask is.....when I heard about it I said to the OH that yes I would shop someone and he reminded me of last years works do where there was a man who was half way d*unk before we even got there and had plenty more before he was leaving.

When we realised he was going to drive we did mention did he think it was wise , even offered to take him home as I was driving as I don't drink but he refused and drove home.

The point is though, although I am saying today I would shop them...I am ashamed to say we didn't shop him on that night ( although I think we should have done )

Hopefully he won't do it this year as after some of the stories I heard today I don't think I would hesitate in calling the police.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I've reported d*unk drives before.

Once was with a Truck driver who'd parked up outside our site around 10pm after coming over from France. He immediately started to drink his Duty Free and continued until 4am, when he had to move his truck to let someone else out. But instead of stopping, he chose to continue driving on up the road, so I called the Police.

He was stopped a few miles away and was found to be over the limit, d*unk in charge of a 44 ton truck! Strangely enough, his transport manager subsequently rang me to complain I'd wrecked his day and the delivery was late costing them thousands of £'s. Some people don't get it!

We would both shop them . . Nothing worse than a drink driver. .

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

"I've reported d*unk drives before.

Once was with a Truck driver who'd parked up outside our site around 10pm after coming over from France. He immediately started to drink his Duty Free and continued until 4am, when he had to move his truck to let someone else out. But instead of stopping, he chose to continue driving on up the road, so I called the Police.

He was stopped a few miles away and was found to be over the limit, d*unk in charge of a 44 ton truck! Strangely enough, his transport manager subsequently rang me to complain I'd wrecked his day and the delivery was late costing them thousands of £'s. Some people don't get it! "

Sad indictment of the world in which we live, nowadays. On all accounts.

id shop anyone who drinks or takes drugs then drives ! n give any reward to charity

I shopped my ex husband while still married to him, reported him 3 times before the police actually did something and arrested him. He was 4 times over the limit!! He got a 3 year ban, a £300 fine and 300 hours community service. I would do it to any family member as i couldnt live with myself if they hit somebody and i could have prevented it

"I shopped my ex husband while still married to him, reported him 3 times before the police actually did something and arrested him. He was 4 times over the limit!! He got a 3 year ban, a £300 fine and 300 hours community service. I would do it to any family member as i couldnt live with myself if they hit somebody and i could have prevented it"

Nice to see that you had the courage to pick up the phone and report him. At least you must have had a clear conscience afterwards and some satisfaction that you'd possibly prevented a tragedy.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Any d*unk driver deserves all they get and more but if I was shopping anyone it would not be because there was money offered

By *ll-Knight-longMan  over a year ago

Derby/Notts(Long Eaton)

As a Licensee in the past I have driven a regular home and kept his keys at the club rather than have to shop him or call the Police but since the club was in a pedestrian precinct it was impossible to know if strangers were going home by car as they all had to walk unless a taxi came to pick them up.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

Would you shop a d*unk driver? If so ,if it was a family member would you still shop them? Or would you ignore ? "

I'd shop anyone drink driving for nothing - if there was a reward i'd give it to charity. Drink drivers shouldn't be tolerated at all. Z

He found out in court that the police had been tipped off but his solicitor couldnt find out who by, he thought it was me but had no proof, we split up one month later but the drink driving was just the final nail in the coffin of a long dead marriage. Even if we had been happy i would still have reported him .

By *exy firemanMan  over a year ago

essex

i have shopped someone for drink driving, they was arrested! And i will do it again . Unfortunately i see the end result of drink driving all to often. and to be brutally honest if i go to a crash and a drink driver is seriously or fatally injured i don't really give a dam! sounds callous i know . For every one less drink driver there is out there mine and your family is that much safer!

Its not acceptable in any way so no problems turning someone in money or no money.

Shopped my own brother many moons back. He was regularly driving home after 4 or 5 pints. So gave the police his registration details and what pub he drank in.

"

)

I asked the question Wishy "

So you did. I wish the quote system worked where it also included who was being quoted.

I shopped someone at the brining of the year. I was behind him at a garage and he stunk, was worse as had a child with him they had a very strange conversation and I listened (deffo a dirty man). I called the police as I followed the guy. Must say they were very good just managed to get to him as he pulled up outside a house 20 mins later. A few days later I got a call thanking me as the guy was 7 times over the legal limit. Kinda got the feeling that's not all but clearly they couldn't tell me.

"Shopped my own brother many moons back. He was regularly driving home after 4 or 5 pints. So gave the police his registration details and what pub he drank in. "

She would no longer be my sister if she'd done that to me. Ratting on your own flesh and blood is the pits. There are other ways of tackling family members who are stepping out of line.

I think you'd probably have to report someone DIC if they refuse to take advice when given.

£1000 is an interesting incentive to help keep the roads and motorways clear of people who are not responsible enough to drive. £1000 is also far cheaper than the attendance costs for em. services to clean up an RTA after it has happened.

Wolf

Drink drivers I think a lot have driven when they shouldn't ie the next morning but rolling out a pub and getting in a car is blatantly wrong. I'd shop a drink driver defo.

Google how long does it take alcohol to leave my body.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Can anyone give me a lift home?

"I have shopped my step dad before for drink driving I can think of nothing worse than them killing someone whilst d*unk ! We kept warning him not to drink drive and he kept ignoring us ( he used to get so drink he couldn't stand but thought he could drive) x"
30yrs ago my farter in law was a big drink driver, i was expected to go for a drink with him at least one night a week, he was a detective in the local police force so he was able to get away with drink driving, the local coppers knew his car so he was never stopped, scared the crap out of me most of the time, i didnt approve but what was i supposed to do ???????????????????

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I would shop them and if there was a reward it could go to charity. I like a drink but won't touch anything if I have my car or if I knew I had to drive the next mornin

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Shopped my own brother many moons back. He was regularly driving home after 4 or 5 pints. So gave the police his registration details and what pub he drank in.

She would no longer be my sister if she'd done that to me. Ratting on your own flesh and blood is the pits. There are other ways of tackling family members who are stepping out of line."

How exactly do you address a family member who is an alcoholic who drinks and drives?

who, despite parents and siblings literally begging them not to do so they still got behind the wheel...

keys taken away, spare set hidden..

spare set taken away, so called 'friend'' fellow d*unk lent them their car..

its never clear cut and simplistic..

the thing is what if the next innocent person mowed down by a 'regular drink driver' is your own son or daughter, wife or friend..

and you found out someone decided for whatever reason not to take the keys away by tipping off the Police..

who may have prevented you burying someone..

i have shopped a work mate and i would shop a family member if they did not listen..

having dealt with the carnage and the bloody mess d*unk drivers cause, i would do so again in a heartbeat..

there should be no place for them anywhere on the roads, for their own and others safety..

no excuses..

"Shopped my own brother many moons back. He was regularly driving home after 4 or 5 pints. So gave the police his registration details and what pub he drank in.

She would no longer be my sister if she'd done that to me. Ratting on your own flesh and blood is the pits. There are other ways of tackling family members who are stepping out of line."

And if your d*unken brother killed a child, what then? Would you not think that you were in someway to blame?

Just because someone is family doesn't mean they are a good person deserving of universal acceptence and defended to the last.

Are they on eBay?

"Drink drivers I think a lot have driven when they shouldn't ie the next morning but rolling out a pub and getting in a car is blatantly wrong. I'd shop a drink driver defo.

Google how long does it take alcohol to leave my body. "

I read that as saying that drink driving the morning after a session is someway excusable? Thankfully the law doesn't see it like that

Shop them they deserve to lose their licence

She would no longer be my sister if she'd done that to me. Ratting on your own flesh and blood is the pits. There are other ways of tackling family members who are stepping out of line.

And if your d*unken brother killed a child, what then? Would you not think that you were in someway to blame?

Just because someone is family doesn't mean they are a good person deserving of universal acceptence and defended to the last."

How would I be to blame if I'm not the one behind a wheel d*unk? By that reckoning the man who sells the alcohol is as culpable as the man who drinks it then gets in his car and drives.

Have you ever wondered why Britain's roads don't have automatic speed limiters when a vehicle crosses a sensor and activates it (like in 20mph zones)? Or have you ever wondered why cars aren't ditted with breath machines that disable the engine if it detects alcohol?

The technology is available and has been for years so why isn't it being used?

Have you also ever wondered about how much revenue is raised from penalising motorists?

...and yet a d*unk judge gets to keep his licence.

When the system is fair I'll support it.

"Drink drivers I think a lot have driven when they shouldn't ie the next morning but rolling out a pub and getting in a car is blatantly wrong. I'd shop a drink driver defo.

Google how long does it take alcohol to leave my body.

I read that as saying that drink driving the morning after a session is someway excusable? Thankfully the law doesn't see it like that"

No was saying a lot of people on here are saying they would shop a drink driver but have probably driven over the limit the next day. It takes your body 1 hour to break down 1 unit. So when you have a big night out and costume 20-30 units which is easily done you are the pretty much screwed from driving for 24 hours. But I bet most have drive the next morning be it 0900 or 1200.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

One of my friends lost two young boys to a d*unk driver mounting the pavement one morning.

I would definitely shop but I dont want the money.

Glasgow

" ..........

How exactly do you address a family member who is an alcoholic who drinks and drives?

"

Hoi! Dickhead!

Easy option this one and its always a yes however if I thought someone was going to drive and I thought they had been drinking more than a glass I would dissuade them from driving in the first place.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

If it's a family member I'm assumiong you mean you know of it wjile it's happening?

Don't shop them. Stop them.

I've removed keys from a friend and a stranger before.

let them shout, scream, remonstrate, fall over - whatever... they'll thank you in the morning.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

" ..........

Hoi! Dickhead!"

Would you shop a d*unk driver? If so ,if it was a family member would you still shop them? Or would you ignore ?

If it's a family member I'm assumiong you mean you know of it wjile it's happening?

Don't shop them. Stop them.

I've removed keys from a friend and a stranger before.

let them shout, scream, remonstrate, fall over - whatever... they'll thank you in the morning.

"

Totally agree.

Took the same approach myself a few times.

"IT would depend who they are really, some stranger yeah no problem, a family member or friend I would talk to first and ask for there car keys and tell them if the decide to drive I will ring the police, I would even pay forthere taxi home, if they still drove no problem shopping them, especially for a grand lol"

Totally agree with the above.. regards to the money,, I would donate it to a deserving charity

» Add a new message to this topic