FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Catfished on Fab?

Catfished on Fab?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok! Who’s been catfished on here? Someone perhaps with too many filters, or a totally different person than shown in their pics?

Do tell me your story.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ok! Who’s been catfished on here? Someone perhaps with too many filters, or a totally different person than shown in their pics?

Do tell me your story. "

well not so much catfished but we spent absorbent amounts on hotel room. Only to get get ghosted.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Just once. First man I met for a social was about 15 years older than his pics and had about 2 teeth. I was a mere rookie. I am now older and wiser

Met someone I expected to be a silhouette from their pics

Iv had a single guy turn up to a social meet when it was meant to be a woman. I'd spoken to her on the phone and video chatted no mention of a parter but when the man should up he said her was her husband and she wasn't well so he came instead. I made my excuses and left, I went on fab and the account had been deleted and I'd been blocked on telegram. It was rather odd.

"Met someone I expected to be a silhouette from their pics"

May I ask was the silhouette a large one?

"Ok! Who’s been catfished on here? Someone perhaps with too many filters, or a totally different person than shown in their pics?

Do tell me your story. well not so much catfished but we spent absorbent amounts on hotel room. Only to get get ghosted."

Wow even with a gorgeous body like that ???

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Met a man for a social years ago

He claimed he was late 30s,more middle 50s when he turned up.

It went no further as I hate been deceived and he'd obviously used very old pics.

I've watched alot of the tv show now

"Just once. First man I met for a social was about 15 years older than his pics and had about 2 teeth. I was a mere rookie. I am now older and wiser "

Lol same!

Hahaha these story’s are hilarious…

By *enuinecpl101Couple  over a year ago

Co armagh

"Iv had a single guy turn up to a social meet when it was meant to be a woman. I'd spoken to her on the phone and video chatted no mention of a parter but when the man should up he said her was her husband and she wasn't well so he came instead. I made my excuses and left, I went on fab and the account had been deleted and I'd been blocked on telegram. It was rather odd. "

Woo ehh that sounds like an experience... Anyone experienced someone with numerous verifications only to find out it wasn't that person?

I heard that one guy said he’d shaved his beard off before a meet and looked a little different to his pics! Turned out to be someone completely different!

Do tell me your story. "

yes his pics looked ok chatted a few times and got on - he turned up in a older car he said he was financially secure and looked 20 years older than what he said he was he dressed that way as well and rudely commented about colour of my hair and my nose stud !! had a quick coffee and that was that

Do tell me your story. "

yes his pics looked ok chatted a few times and got on - he turned up in a older car he said he was financially secure and looked 20 years older than what he said he was he dressed that way as well and rudely commented about colour of my hair and my nose stud !! had a quick coffee and that was that

"Iv had a single guy turn up to a social meet when it was meant to be a woman. I'd spoken to her on the phone and video chatted no mention of a parter but when the man should up he said her was her husband and she wasn't well so he came instead. I made my excuses and left, I went on fab and the account had been deleted and I'd been blocked on telegram. It was rather odd. "

This is probably the best example of a catfish yet!

Poor you! x

"Iv had a single guy turn up to a social meet when it was meant to be a woman. I'd spoken to her on the phone and video chatted no mention of a parter but when the man should up he said her was her husband and she wasn't well so he came instead. I made my excuses and left, I went on fab and the account had been deleted and I'd been blocked on telegram. It was rather odd.

Woo ehh that sounds like an experience... Anyone experienced someone with numerous verifications only to find out it wasn't that person? "

This account had 3 verifications.

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Thought I was getting catfished, as she was too good to be true. I wasn't and it was the best ever meet!

By *nselfishpleaserMan  over a year ago

kent

Had this happen to me, the woman's profile pictures turned out to look nothing like her when she video called. We never did meet thankfully

"Had this happen to me, the woman's profile pictures turned out to look nothing like her when she video called. We never did meet thankfully "

That's why video calls are important.

By *nselfishpleaserMan  over a year ago

kent

"Had this happen to me, the woman's profile pictures turned out to look nothing like her when she video called. We never did meet thankfully

That's why video calls are important. "

Exactly, once bitten twice shy

By *bwgirlygirlWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Went on a social. Sitting at the table in a bar. Guy starts chatting to me. Spoke for about 20 mins. I messaged who I was supposed to be meeting. Not online so I assumed they had changed their minds. I said to the guy nice chatting and I left. I got a message when I got home saying you are so hot. I'd love to meet you again. The guy who I was meant to meet was the guy chatting to me at the table. It was fake pics so I had no idea

Not on fab (that I know of) but on normal dating sites I have yes. One guy invented a whole new persona, new life, job, even family members names were not real...I’d spoken to him of the phone too. Was about to meet him for a coffee date and I get a message on Facebook from his girlfriend informing me who she was and that he wasn’t who he said he was. He’d made everything up.

"Not on fab (that I know of) but on normal dating sites I have yes. One guy invented a whole new persona, new life, job, even family members names were not real...I’d spoken to him of the phone too. Was about to meet him for a coffee date and I get a message on Facebook from his girlfriend informing me who she was and that he wasn’t who he said he was. He’d made everything up. "

Wow! A Tinder Swindler! Talk about effort!

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"Just once. First man I met for a social was about 15 years older than his pics and had about 2 teeth. I was a mere rookie. I am now older and wiser "

Teeth... Who needs them?

By *ittlebirdWoman  over a year ago

The Big Smoke

I met a man from here for a social in my local pub. He was at least 20 years older than his profile picture and all I could see behind him was my pub friends saying “who the hell is that”

I mouthed back “I have no idea”. He still thought I would take him home for a fuck so I made my excuses and said I had to go see the landlady. Waited til he had deffo gone then went home. Jeez. He was convinced of being a stud!

Happened recently. Arranged to have a social with a guy and as I walk in, I can't see him. Thinking I've been stood up, I see someone waving frantically in my direction. I'm looking around thinking, "it must be someone else".....but no, it was me he was waving at. I wanted the floor to swallow me! Looked nothing like any of his pictures, hence why I didn't recognise him. I walked over and sat down, logged into Fab and blocked him there and then. I stood up and said, thanks but no thanks and left!!!

I’ve never been catfished but others have used my pics to try and catfish others!

Had a guy who's actually still on here (with verifications) send me a pic of him with his head photoshopped on to someone else's body and also someone else's dick pics. He sent me a video of him wanking and it was small, I said "does it get any bigger?" Thinking he may be a bit floppy or something and he had the audacity to call me "A cheeky sod". Haha.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Just once. First man I met for a social was about 15 years older than his pics and had about 2 teeth. I was a mere rookie. I am now older and wiser

Teeth... Who needs them? "

Toothpaste advert actors? Maybe?

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

London & Europe

I've never been catfished, which I'm grateful for, as I'm an idiot and would definitely fall for it

By *im67Man  over a year ago

London

Do tell me your story. "

Was about 3 weeks ago by a gay guy pretending to be a couple and want to watch me win he's wife swapped numbers and I became suspicious after a few days .

Kept asking me that the wife wanted to send a video of me wanking I never did but was going to. He slipped up with a few things that didn't add up so I just asked if he's wife could just send a simple voice note to ease my suspicions.

Started getting aggressive replies and saying I was being pushy and blocked me.

I wasn't having that so phoned him on voice mail done 141 so I could get through I let rip red mist which I can get from time to time when been had over it done the trick as he unblocked me and admitted everything I asked who the picture of the woman was you wouldn't believe this told me it was he's sister and was ashamed of himself because she was one of the few people who supported him when he came out as being gay.

I told him he needs to sort he's head out and needs help and just left it as that

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Only once have I actually reached point of meeting and that was when I first joined.

Was a good 10 years older, I was too naive to just walk away and during the course of the conversation it became clear that he’s also lied about his job, where he was from and marital status!

More recently I was sent as face pics by 3 guys in the same week photos that were obviously screenshots of printed photos and quite honestly the state of the prints, the fashions and decor made it clear they were at least 15 years old. In one case I suspect as much as 25 years old - and he didn’t even look as young as he claimed to be in the OLD PIC! at a rough guess I think he was mid 70’s!

Glasgow

"I’ve never been catfished but others have used my pics to try and catfish others! "

Yep had this too

Glasgow

"Had a guy who's actually still on here (with verifications) send me a pic of him with his head photoshopped on to someone else's body and also someone else's dick pics. He sent me a video of him wanking and it was small, I said "does it get any bigger?" Thinking he may be a bit floppy or something and he had the audacity to call me "A cheeky sod". Haha."

Surely you should report him? Rather than leave him doing same to others?

"Had a guy who's actually still on here (with verifications) send me a pic of him with his head photoshopped on to someone else's body and also someone else's dick pics. He sent me a video of him wanking and it was small, I said "does it get any bigger?" Thinking he may be a bit floppy or something and he had the audacity to call me "A cheeky sod". Haha."

Lol xx nice comment x there's some

Really weirdos on here x

Unfortunately, been caught out once. Turned up at guys house and he was nothing like he portrayed himself as in his profile. Quick turn on my high heels and walked straight out of his apartment and drove back home.

"I’ve never been catfished but others have used my pics to try and catfish others!

Yep had this too"

One guy even used my photos in a kik chat claiming I was his GF

"I’ve never been catfished but others have used my pics to try and catfish others!

Yep had this too

One guy even used my photos in a kik chat claiming I was his GF "

You have too many good photos to choose from!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Someone's great grandfather, I assumed, turned up to a social. I don't know if the younger guy couldn't get an age verification card in time for our meeting in the pub, or his very elderly relative had hidden it, to prevent his coming.

It's not catfishing, as I'd not ever do long virtual relationships. I expect truth and have zero patience for sad losers

Glasgow

Yep had this too

They’re so stupid! Same with mine they were in my area so someone I knew on here (and was therefore v familiar with my pics) alerted me admin dealt but seriously bloody weirdos!

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Years ago I had a message on Hamster from someone who'd been chatting to 'me' on a different site. A site I wasn't on. It was some git using my pics to turn guys on.

All I could think was, 'A tribute act! I've got my very own tribute act!'

And then I realised I can't tell 99% of the people I know.

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Constantly messaged by "couples" that aren't couples clearly

Do tell me your story. "

I been catfished twice . Fake ages .

2 socials …

1 White Russian who was 51 not 41 , who uses her photo of when was 36 on WhatsApp .

Silly woman , she was nice and pretty n sexy , no need for it .

2nd English ( Caribbean ) was not 39 , was 44 nearly 45 . Chat u with filtered photos( like u can’t tell ) No need for this , she was pretty , lovely , and sexy hot too …

Very silly x x

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

I can spot filters a mile off

It was rather dodgy , not odd , dangerous .

That could have been a serious death trap .

Unless u knew both as a couple … on photos even so …. Strange …

I've been caught out by single guys kidding on they are a couple before x but it's once bitten twice shy lol

"Went on a social. Sitting at the table in a bar. Guy starts chatting to me. Spoke for about 20 mins. I messaged who I was supposed to be meeting. Not online so I assumed they had changed their minds. I said to the guy nice chatting and I left. I got a message when I got home saying you are so hot. I'd love to meet you again. The guy who I was meant to meet was the guy chatting to me at the table. It was fake pics so I had no idea "

That is the craziest ever . Sorry hear that . Respect

By *ize_Queen_DeenWoman  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Absolutely everyone I would imagine lol

"Had a guy who's actually still on here (with verifications) send me a pic of him with his head photoshopped on to someone else's body and also someone else's dick pics. He sent me a video of him wanking and it was small, I said "does it get any bigger?" Thinking he may be a bit floppy or something and he had the audacity to call me "A cheeky sod". Haha.

Surely you should report him? Rather than leave him doing same to others? "

Yeah report . I would

By *hef HMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I think I’m a cat fish my pics look good on camera but I look like a proper Norman wisdom in Person ????

Yep had this too

That’s thick cause u on fabs . N popular here on forums .

Is very easy to make a fake profile . All u need is pick a girl who has over 1500 selfies in instagram . Pick a village in country not famous at all … no one can tell . That’s it

Then when u ask for video calls u get blocked

Easy life ^ ^

On pof I clocked 2 fakers . 1 has a thing for Chinese girls , is chat is always the same with all chineses ( all top models doll face too . ( Thick ) I think was a BOT

The other had a thing for Eastern European girls , I chatted this one slowly make him believ I was falling for it , sended me his English number for WhatsApp

I asked google and google said that phone number is operating from Italy x x

I’m a fake person

When I wake up n see myself

In the mirror I don’t recognise it and I think who the hell are you ?

Do u live here ? Do we really have share same bathroom same time ?

Do u mind ?

Yep had this too

Can I use your photo and print it out big and make a poster in my bedroom wall ?

You are very pretty

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Yeah we met a couple who were a fair bit older than their profile said. It was only for a social so wasn’t as if we were out of pocket for a hotel room.

By *edfleetMan  over a year ago

covent garden

I had a Grindr meet last week. Guest arrived and said.. .. “are you Tom? You look nothing like your photo, you are really handsome in real life”.

My photos are reverse cat fishing me.

As for the comment.. .. I’m not

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'm not sure whether this counts -

I've had a couple arrange a meet only for it to become apparent that I'm a present for Mr and Mrs isn't even going to be there.

Yep had this too

Can I use your photo and print it out big and make a poster in my bedroom wall ?

You are very pretty "

Haha that would be a little weird lol

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Yep had this too

You are very pretty "

Make sure you print it in on a wipe clean surface.

By *ilthyRacersCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

"

Woo ehh that sounds like an experience... Anyone experienced someone with numerous verifications only to find out it wasn't that person? "

We had a guy from a couples profile message us and then after some weird chat when we went digging we realised that his couples profile had been him and various different women over the years.

Another profile had three verifications. We then realised from the photos and the wording that the verifications were from three other profiles (one male, one couple and one female) belonging to the same guy. He’d had one genuine webcam veri and then used that to get into circular verifications from his fake profiles.

He’s still here on one of the couples profiles and has a few veris, but unsurprisingly it’s always just for him. The woman never hers mentioned.

I got fish fingered once, but I'm not sure that counts?

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

Never happened to us.

We did get kind of stood up once but that turned out to be a great night out anyways

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

"Iv had a single guy turn up to a social meet when it was meant to be a woman. I'd spoken to her on the phone and video chatted no mention of a parter but when the man should up he said her was her husband and she wasn't well so he came instead. I made my excuses and left, I went on fab and the account had been deleted and I'd been blocked on telegram. It was rather odd.

Woo ehh that sounds like an experience... Anyone experienced someone with numerous verifications only to find out it wasn't that person?

This account had 3 verifications. "

Issue with verifications is that they can be fakes. Some are clearly fake accounts that a person has made, verified themselves, then put the fake account on hidden so you can’t view it.

Nope, never been catfish and met a lot of people online over the last 10 or so years.

I find it fairly easy to spot the ones who are nothing like the image they portray. If ever in doubt, video chats are the simplest solution.

By *arried BifemWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the midlands

My husband got catfished last year.

Turned up at her house, someone answered the door. He asked if ***** was in and it was her. She was using someone else’s pictures.

Needless to say he walked away

Hang on a minute…

*checks veris..*

“The first man I met on Fab many many moons ago ..”

.. ok I know I look old for my age and all that ..

"I got fish fingered once, but I'm not sure that counts?"

That’s the last time you chat up Captain Birdseye!

I was sitting on the dock of the bay watching the ships come in and then go out again

As i pulled on my rod a catfish did appear with a long curly mustach so i threw it in the water

Oh! I was once accused of being a catfish just based on having only a pic of my torso!

By *ilth500Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

Been catfished, also had a fake profile set up pretending to be me the F@#ks! Nowadays a quick call and/or voice note conversations settle that for me

» Add a new message to this topic