FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Madeleine mccann’s parents loses the challenge.

Madeleine mccann’s parents loses the challenge.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Over portuguese libel case, the parents of madeleine mccann have lost their european court of human rights challenge to the portuguese supreme court’s decision to throw out their libel case against a former detective who implicated them in their daughters disappearance.

Kate and gerry mccann sued gonçalo amaral, who led the botched police search for madeleine in 2007, over statements he made in a book, documentary and newspaper interview alleging that they were involved in madeleine’s disappearance.

I find this interesting dont you? I wonder what goncalo knows and why the parents felt the need to sue him, what is your view over it? Maybe there is more to it than we know.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Haven't followed it.

I would imagine it's more to do with him being protected by his role rather than there being more to it.

But people should definitely keep implying that because its not already tragic or entertaining enough for some

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

There is a lot more to the story than what is being let on. But the fact that they sued the investigator raises a lot more questions, mostly around “Why”

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

The police search wasn't botched.

What's never been cleared up is why the McCanns contacted the British consulate authorities before the police when their daughter was unaccounted for.

"Over portuguese libel case, the parents of madeleine mccann have lost their european court of human rights challenge to the portuguese supreme court’s decision to throw out their libel case against a former detective who implicated them in their daughters disappearance.

Kate and gerry mccann sued gonçalo amaral, who led the botched police search for madeleine in 2007, over statements he made in a book, documentary and newspaper interview alleging that they were involved in madeleine’s disappearance.

I find this interesting dont you? I wonder what goncalo knows and why the parents felt the need to sue him, what is your view over it? Maybe there is more to it than we know."

I don't think Goncalo knows much at all. He failed to find who took/where Madeleine was.

The parents want to sue him because he implied that they had something to do with their daughters disappearence.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

It's all rather messy and unfortunate for all concerned.

"There is a lot more to the story than what is being let on. But the fact that they sued the investigator raises a lot more questions, mostly around “Why” "
Yes, there are more questions than answers to this

Sad case, but this is about as interesting or likely to be solved as Jack the Rippper, Shergar, Lord Lucan or any other celebrity crime. They've made their lives work since that time claiming everyone else did a shit job and should keep looking, but get upset when the finger is inevitably pointed at them (as has happened any number of times, and as always will, as the Police know that most crimes are committed by close connections not strangers). The poor girl is dead, and if not found yet, will never be found. It's her siblings I feel for more than her parents.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think enough has been said about this there's people who claim to know "the truth"

But the truth is non of these claims can be backed up.

Im not sure if they are guilty of anything other than making a horrendous mistake and neglect leaving the kid's alone.

Clearly there's something alot darker under the surface regarding her abduction but if they are involved or not is only something they know.

Speculation won't help anything but it's not going to stop the keyboard detectives having an opinion.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Over portuguese libel case, the parents of madeleine mccann have lost their european court of human rights challenge to the portuguese supreme court’s decision to throw out their libel case against a former detective who implicated them in their daughters disappearance.

I find this interesting dont you? I wonder what goncalo knows and why the parents felt the need to sue him, what is your view over it? Maybe there is more to it than we know."

What does he know ? Probably that he failed in his duty then tried to cover it by blaming them and used it to make money

It’s not interesting no, everything about this is very very sad.

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

They’re known for being extremely litigious

I don’t think we’ll ever learn what really happened I have my own theory as many do but the evidence will be long gone by now.

At the very least they were guilty of neglect and it’s shocking that was never addressed by British authorities. Which I suspect is down to them being white, middle class and having certain friends in high places.

But I think that’s something they must struggle to live with whatever the truth I can’t imagine they’ve no feelings of guilt or regret at all

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If he knows something wouldn't he have put it forward during the police investigation?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I couldn't comment on the details of Portuguese law, obviously.

I can well imagine that the McCanns are hanging on to hope of... something. Denial and an inability to let go being part of the process of grief and trauma. It was a long time ago, but I wonder if the ongoing media attention has knock on effects for their psychological process and healing.

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

I find this interesting dont you? I wonder what goncalo knows and why the parents felt the need to sue him, what is your view over it? Maybe there is more to it than we know.

If he knows something wouldn't he have put it forward during the police investigation? "

If he knew anything remotely constructive he'd have submitted it to the investigating officer.

Oh, hang on.......

Winston

By *ystic masterMan  over a year ago

high Wycombe

The little girl was taken because of the brown fleck in her eye.. gypsies many years ago said a child with a fleck in there eye has the power of sight beyond sight..the powers that be in Spain are frightened to get involved with cults as to they are in many countries..(ok I know some of you will rip these remarks apart that's fine just shows what you really know)

May the goddess watch over you and protect you.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

It’s astounding that the case has never been resolved, what with so many ‘experts’, who all seem to have it sussed.

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

At the end of the day if they had not left the kids on there own this would have never happened.

What does he know ? Probably that he failed in his duty then tried to cover it by blaming them and used it to make money

It’s not interesting no, everything about this is very very sad. "

If he knows something wouldn't he have put it forward during the police investigation? "

You would hope so but he didn't seem to, it's looking like he just wants to make money !

BTW

Guys please don't send me private mail about this topic, put it in the thread instead. Your message is deleted unread.

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

Any failure in duty of care firstly falls with the McCanns, I have sympathy but they certainly should of recieved criminal records for leaving the 3 children. Awful parenting but of course no one could of suspected the outcome.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

I think the court ruled that once Portuguese prosecutors had named the McCanns as arguido (suspects), the information was in the public domain and legitimate to publicise in a book.

"They’re known for being extremely litigious

I don’t think we’ll ever learn what really happened I have my own theory as many do but the evidence will be long gone by now.

At the very least they were guilty of neglect and it’s shocking that was never addressed by British authorities. Which I suspect is down to them being white, middle class and having certain friends in high places.

But I think that’s something they must struggle to live with whatever the truth I can’t imagine they’ve no feelings of guilt or regret at all"

You are right there. I also think that we will never know what really happened on that day. I think that if anyone, madeleine deserves the truth of what happened. I think that she now lives with a new identity and probably was too young to know about what happened, as she was just 3 years old then and now she is 19 years old.

"It's all rather messy and unfortunate for all concerned. "
Yes, it is that as well.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Given the parents also failled in their duty of care and made a huge amount of money put of her disappearance, I'm not rushing to condemn others fir doing the same

"At the very least they were guilty of neglect and it’s shocking that was never addressed by British authorities. Which I suspect is down to them being white, middle class and having certain friends in high places.

"

I'd be confident that social services were involved when they returned. I'm pretty sure that there would have been a number of safeguarding issues that were investigated and I suspect the police safeguarding teams would have been involved too.

But kids don't get taken in to care because their parents left them at home for one night.

And while the police technically had power to prosecute even through the offence occurred overseas, there would be no public interest in pursuing a neglect charge when the parents have suffered a far greater consequence than any Court could impose.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

"At the end of the day if they had not left the kids on there own this would have never happened. "

"At the very least they were guilty of neglect and it’s shocking that was never addressed by British authorities. Which I suspect is down to them being white, middle class and having certain friends in high places.

I'd be confident that social services were involved when they returned. I'm pretty sure that there would have been a number of safeguarding issues that were investigated and I suspect the police safeguarding teams would have been involved too.

But kids don't get taken in to care because their parents left them at home for one night.

And while the police technically had power to prosecute even through the offence occurred overseas, there would be no public interest in pursuing a neglect charge when the parents have suffered a far greater consequence than any Court could impose. "

This

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

A big heavy for a sex site this Shag.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

But I think that’s something they must struggle to live with whatever the truth I can’t imagine they’ve no feelings of guilt or regret at allYou are right there. I also think that we will never know what really happened on that day. I think that if anyone, madeleine deserves the truth of what happened. I think that she now lives with a new identity and probably was too young to know about what happened, as she was just 3 years old then and now she is 19 years old."

I really hope that this is so,that she is safe happy and well.

Her parents will feel their loss, their guilt until their end of days.

"

"

I wouldn't wish their experience on my worst enemy, and anyone who doesn't feel for their loss must lack an empathy gene. At least I hope one day they will know what happened.

The reality is that money talks . And true or false the most powerful wins .

If is a cover up is a cover up ,

Why would they ? She had a Brain cancer and they sold the rest of the parts ?

They been 20 years in courts , I don’t see them struggling with money …

I can not even afford to tell courts that my daughter mother is a liar and they give all power to a manipulative narcissistic mother .

Using them to stop her sleep over or fly to Portugal to see my mum n my Nan .

If the parents are innocent is horrible … why would they ?

Is just easier blame them and case closed ?

If they are guilty is horrible , where is she ?

One way or the other , been nearly 20 years , and yet Stil looks like the perfect crime .

The perfect cover up .

And is not a couple of tramps like me who can play chess like this . This is a Top Cat game . So even the detective is suspicious to cover up . Is infinite . King of Spain is supiscious , everyone in Vaticane loves children . Who is the boss ?

You will never this poor kid , now a lady …

Or u only see her after when no even the very old ones want her anymore … if she survives like some did like happened to some looked in containers .

Bless her soul .

There’s East European sex sleives everywhere like my hometown not far from Lisbon .

They walk around , like hookers , in the street where I lived til I was 20 n fuck off traveling in Europe . the police close they eyes cause the cat is too big . And for how long as it been like this ? Fuck knows . No one knows .

My daughter is gonna be 5 tomorrow .

One way or the other , I feel sorry for her

The pure little sweethearts . I hate the world .

But I think that’s something they must struggle to live with whatever the truth I can’t imagine they’ve no feelings of guilt or regret at allYou are right there. I also think that we will never know what really happened on that day. I think that if anyone, madeleine deserves the truth of what happened. I think that she now lives with a new identity and probably was too young to know about what happened, as she was just 3 years old then and now she is 19 years old.

"

Yes. I hope so too, that she is safe, happy and well

The little girl was taken because of the brown fleck in her eye.. gypsies many years ago said a child with a fleck in there eye has the power of sight beyond sight..the powers that be in Spain are frightened to get involved with cults as to they are in many countries..(ok I know some of you will rip these remarks apart that's fine just shows what you really know)

May the goddess watch over you and protect you."

Yeah , sounds like a fairy tale doesn’t it ?

Like 011 in Stranger things .

And little “ rumours “ or facts , I don’t know like this …

Vaticane and mad scientists . U don’t have idea what they are capable of .

Is a Top Cat game . Goverments or secret societies . Whatever is Mafia . Big rich sofisticated one .

Parents guilty or innocent makes no difference . None of us will be here in the nest 200 years

"At the end of the day if they had not left the kids on there own this would have never happened. "

We never know . If she was wanted so much maybe there was a plan B n C n D . Stalked for the perfect moment ? N no cctv saw any stalkers ever ?

Maybe if the parents were there they would be gone too . Or killed .. on the spot ..? Neve know will we ?

We don’t know if she wasn’t the perfect twin match to fix a Mafia Lord’s daughter x x

Or secret societies wanted to test this gypsies stories just for regret …

Government ? Including high rank police ?

We don’t know if the mother kissed the wrong boy in high school or the other way around …

Is infinite x x She was being followed xx

Or was just a random pedow in hotel who nikked her to have a go n chilled in bin ?

Would had been found by now .

There was nothing . Was it ? That’s why they Stil there . Getting rich in paper work .

Was like she was swollen through the walls by a demon .

And is pretty much what happened to her

One way or the other

What ever it is , is a old big demon and has been here long time and it will not stop .

Vaticane , church has been torturing people for thousand years .

Then u have all those crazy names of secret socialites n conspiracy stuff that you hear about but never go mad about it .

I don’t know what ever it is , Is big and is evil

Is like people together make the devil .

As others people together make good things .

This is in Portugal , in your face .

What’s going on them countries we not even know they exist ?

How and why is this big Dracula feeding ?

Spot on!

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Crazy how this is still ongoing.

Many millions have been spent on this. Time to end it and move on. Doubt they have spent this much time and money on other missing children or adults.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

And now they are back in the headlines and get to do another round of media interviews and tv shows nice earner that for all nvolved in the mccaan industry kerching

Cynical me never

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

48 fairly basic questions asked and the mother said no comment to the 48 questions odd response bearing in mind you are innocent and you’re child is missing

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

On the presumption that they are innocent, the guilt of leaving her that night will be with them forever.

Winston

midlands

"48 fairly basic questions asked and the mother said no comment to the 48 questions odd response bearing in mind you are innocent and you’re child is missing "

What questions?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"48 fairly basic questions asked and the mother said no comment to the 48 questions odd response bearing in mind you are innocent and you’re child is missing "

Shock can make people react in very strange ways. I recall once my mum receiving a shock and she couldn't even say her name, phone number or address

Obviously they need more money

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Maybe put yourself in their shoes for a moment before all the crass one liners.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

When your child goes missing you don't know how you'll react, you genuinely have nothing in your experience to prepare you for it.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"48 fairly basic questions asked and the mother said no comment to the 48 questions odd response bearing in mind you are innocent and you’re child is missing

What questions?"

This has been well documented. A quick google will give you the answers.

I don’t understand why she would answer “no comment” to questions like that other than to protect herself from prosecution. But that is only my opinion.

Tin town

"48 fairly basic questions asked and the mother said no comment to the 48 questions odd response bearing in mind you are innocent and you’re child is missing

What questions?

I don’t understand why she would answer “no comment” to questions like that other than to protect herself from prosecution. But that is only my opinion. "

Haven't followed that closely so no idea where the 48 questions come chronologically nor their relevance ...but could be they were being advised what to say once they were poi ? Could be her head was scrambled? Could be she was suspicious of everybody? Could be 1000s of reasons. One of which might be being complicit. All we know is what media have shared from all sides including 2 police forces and an independent investigator. It's very murky.

"Maybe put yourself in their shoes for a moment before all the crass one liners. "

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

"And now they are back in the headlines and get to do another round of media interviews and tv shows nice earner that for all nvolved in the mccaan industry kerching

Cynical me never "

^ Let's hope these guys aren't actually detectives or are ever called up for jury service

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"There is a lot more to the story than what is being let on. But the fact that they sued the investigator raises a lot more questions, mostly around “Why” "

Because by implicating the parents, they stopped looking for Madeleine in the crucial days after her disappearance. If it was my child, I'd be livid as well.

"There is a lot more to the story than what is being let on. But the fact that they sued the investigator raises a lot more questions, mostly around “Why”

Because by implicating the parents, they stopped looking for Madeleine in the crucial days after her disappearance. If it was my child, I'd be livid as well."

Me too

What questions?

I don’t understand why she would answer “no comment” to questions like that other than to protect herself from prosecution. But that is only my opinion.

Haven't followed that closely so no idea where the 48 questions come chronologically nor their relevance ...but could be they were being advised what to say once they were poi ? Could be her head was scrambled? Could be she was suspicious of everybody? Could be 1000s of reasons. One of which might be being complicit. All we know is what media have shared from all sides including 2 police forces and an independent investigator. It's very murky. "

Of course, if you really want murky, question why 2 police forces ate involved, one of whom (Scotland Yard) has no jurisdiction...

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"It's all rather messy and unfortunate for all concerned. "

It's as simple and complicated as that.

Peterborough

I don't think Goncalo knows much at all. He failed to find who took/where Madeleine was.

The parents want to sue him because he implied that they had something to do with their daughters disappearance."

Well, they were responsible for her safety, can't deny that.

Peterborough

48 questions that Kate McCann didn't answer about the disappearance of her daughter Madeleine McCann can be found here.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/03/19/48-police-questions-kate-mccann-didnt-answer-8943052/#:~:text=48%20questions%20that%20Kate%20McCann%20didn%27t%20answer%20about,Did%20someone%20go%20behind%20the%20sofa%3F%20More%20items

darlington

What questions?

Haven't followed that closely so no idea where the 48 questions come chronologically nor their relevance ...but could be they were being advised what to say once they were poi ? Could be her head was scrambled? Could be she was suspicious of everybody? Could be 1000s of reasons. One of which might be being complicit. All we know is what media have shared from all sides including 2 police forces and an independent investigator. It's very murky. "

if my child was missing why would I not answer questions from the people who are trying to find her ? Why cause the police hassle by not replying to basic questions that are probably standard questions that olive will ask I’m any missing child case my opinion on Kate and Gerry are they seem an odd couple something kate says in her book regarding maddie I found a disturbing comment having said that does that make them guilty no imo

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

I've never understood why they weren't arrested on their return to the UK.

If they were from some northern housing estate, I'm pretty sure they would be.

darlington

What questions?

Haven't followed that closely so no idea where the 48 questions come chronologically nor their relevance ...but could be they were being advised what to say once they were poi ? Could be her head was scrambled? Could be she was suspicious of everybody? Could be 1000s of reasons. One of which might be being complicit. All we know is what media have shared from all sides including 2 police forces and an independent investigator. It's very murky. if my child was missing why would I not answer questions from the people who are trying to find her ? Why cause the police hassle by not replying to basic questions that are probably standard questions that olive will ask I’m any missing child case my opinion on Kate and Gerry are they seem an odd couple something kate says in her book regarding maddie I found a disturbing comment having said that does that make them guilty no imo"

police not olive

midlands

"I've never understood why they weren't arrested on their return to the UK.

If they were from some northern housing estate, I'm pretty sure they would be."

Maybe they were white middle class respectable jobs.

Northampton

Maybe they were white middle class respectable jobs."

If they were from some northern housing estate, I'm pretty sure they would be."

Because the UK police have no jurisdiction over events that happen overseas?

Though technically they do as both the victim and perpetrator are British but that is arguably too flimsy to start a child neglect case where the country where the offence happened didn't do so.

But as I said earlier that doesn't negate potential safeguarding involvement including the police when they returned

Northampton

"Because the UK police have no jurisdiction over events that happen overseas?"

Child endangerment and willful neglect.

Doesn't matter where it happened. The child was a British citizen.

Tin town

"

Get the race card in there.

Peterborough

"Because the UK police have no jurisdiction over events that happen overseas?

Doesn't matter where it happened. The child was a British citizen."

Child? Madeline was a girl, we needn't lose gender due to wokeness.

Peterborough

They are white so race is not the issue, they ar from the Midlands, so that's still England. Middle class, maybe. Classist? Yes.

Get the race card in there. "

People wrongly use the word racist, when they should be using terms like, bigoted, prejudiced and biased.

Peterborough

"Because the UK police have no jurisdiction over events that happen overseas?

Doesn't matter where it happened. The child was a British citizen."

Actually the police can prosecute, in certain circumstances, forced marriages abroad and other sex crimes by UK citizens, can be dealt with over here.

Crimes at sea, can be dealt with over here..

Remember the shocking allegations against the British Army soldiers and how they were about to go through the courts over here to face their alleged crimes.

It’s a sad case, but also a strange one.

I have no idea what happened, but it is a tragic loss of life (probably .. if not maybe something even more sinister?) and there does seem to be an abnormal focus on this case versus any other missing child case and it seems to refuse to ever die down.

You can never tell how you would react in similar circumstances but the events and behaviours both before and after the disappearance do seem out of the ordinary.

I expect the case will never be solved other than by those that were there at the time.

Northampton

"Child endangerment and willful neglect.

Child? Madeline was a girl, we needn't lose gender due to wokeness."

I used the word 'child' to highlight that this particular child (which girls are, obviously) would have been protected under the law due to the Child engagement I had just mentioned.

Nothing woke about it.

Peterborough

"Child endangerment and willful neglect.

Child? Madeline was a girl, we needn't lose gender due to wokeness.

I used the word 'child' to highlight that this particular child (which girls are, obviously) would have been protected under the law due to the Child engagement I had just mentioned.

Nothing woke about it."

Fair point.

There was a not to disimilar case like this, with an Irish teenage girl, called Nóra Quoirin who had a condition called holoprosencephaly, a disorder that affects brain development.

Sadly, this did not end well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55338452

By *ealthy_and_HungMan  over a year ago

Princes Risborough, Luasanne, Alderney

Maebh Quoirin and her husband didn't abandon their daughter just to go on off on the lash

walsall

"There is a lot more to the story than what is being let on. But the fact that they sued the investigator raises a lot more questions, mostly around “Why”

Because by implicating the parents, they stopped looking for Madeleine in the crucial days after her disappearance. If it was my child, I'd be livid as well."

The question that they did answer was that did she know that by refusing to answer questions, she could be harming the search for her missing daughter.

Tin town

Because by implicating the parents, they stopped looking for Madeleine in the crucial days after her disappearance. If it was my child, I'd be livid as well.

The question that they did answer was that did she know that by refusing to answer questions, she could be harming the search for her missing daughter."

Did you read the questions? Not sure how many of them were helping the search for their missing daughter beyond incriminating themselves. Not defending them but if those questions clearly are because at that interview they were poi.

Limerick

The question that they did answer was that did she know that by refusing to answer questions, she could be harming the search for her missing daughter."

She's an intelligent woman and I'm sure she considered it all very carefully and took legal advice. The fact that they've kept it in the media all this time proves to me that they had nothing to do with their child's disappearance except to make a stupid mistake (in leaving her alone) which will haunt them forever. What patent hasn't made mistakes, I certainly have and as a patent, they have my eternal sympathy.

The blame for the shambles of an investigation lies solely with the Portuguese police who completely messed this up.

walsall

The question that they did answer was that did she know that by refusing to answer questions, she could be harming the search for her missing daughter.

Did you read the questions? Not sure how many of them were helping the search for their missing daughter beyond incriminating themselves. Not defending them but if those questions clearly are because at that interview they were poi. "

Ii have read them yes, I agree, it sounds like she may have been protecting herself from prosecution.

She's an intelligent woman and I'm sure she considered it all very carefully and took legal advice. The fact that they've kept it in the media all this time proves to me that they had nothing to do with their child's disappearance except to make a stupid mistake (in leaving her alone) which will haunt them forever. What patent hasn't made mistakes, I certainly have and as a patent, they have my eternal sympathy.

The blame for the shambles of an investigation lies solely with the Portuguese police who completely messed this up."

Did you read the questions? Not sure how many of them were helping the search for their missing daughter beyond incriminating themselves. Not defending them but if those questions clearly are because at that interview they were poi.

Ii have read them yes, I agree, it sounds like she may have been protecting herself from prosecution. "

Yes and I also find it interesting how the judge ruled against them. I wonder what he though.

As sad as the situation is, they left the girl unattended. It's all well and good blaming other people, but im afraid at the end of the day the responsibility lies with them.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

What has never been asked is why they left a small child alone while they went to dinner?

If thus was Shirly and Dave from the local estate who did this they woukd have been prosecuted for child neglect. Specially as Macaline was a very active child.Kids of that age rarely sleep all night

I was in a relationship with a woman with two kids around Madalines age. We never had a single peaceful night.

Tin town

"As sad as the situation is, they left the girl unattended. It's all well and good blaming other people, but im afraid at the end of the day the responsibility lies with them. "

No it lies with the person who broke into their apartment and abducted their kid. I wouldn't have left kids unattended but let's have the blame where it lies. The Portuguese investigation has been roundly criticised. Its murky. But blaming someone when both police services have exonerated them is just silly.

Manchester (she/her)

"What has never been asked is why they left a small child alone while they went to dinner?

If thus was Shirly and Dave from the local estate who did this they woukd have been prosecuted for child neglect. Specially as Macaline was a very active child.Kids of that age rarely sleep all night

I was in a relationship with a woman with two kids around Madalines age. We never had a single peaceful night."

I suspect it has been asked, but that such investigation has been private, as it should be.

Limerick

Ii have read them yes, I agree, it sounds like she may have been protecting herself from prosecution. "

Wouldn't any right minded person try to protect themselves from prosecution, guilty or not guilty? Not answering questions says nothing about a person's guilt. Only they know the reasons why they didn't answer those questions and casting aspersions without having the facts is a futile exercise.

Lots of armchair detectives here

Manchester (she/her)

Ii have read them yes, I agree, it sounds like she may have been protecting herself from prosecution.

Wouldn't any right minded person try to protect themselves from prosecution, guilty or not guilty? Not answering questions says nothing about a person's guilt. Only they know the reasons why they didn't answer those questions and casting aspersions without having the facts is a futile exercise.

Lots of armchair detectives here "

I don't know about Scots law, but under English and Welsh law, refusal to answer questions may be used to infer guilt in criminal proceedings. The Fifth Amendment to the US Constitution doesn't echo in the western world.

Tin town

So your kids gone missing. The police ask you these... Seriously...

"As for your professional life, in how many and which hospitals have you worked?

What is your medical speciality?

Have you ever done shift work in any emergency services or other services?

Did you work every day?

At a certain point you stopped working. Why?"

And that helps how?

It is a dark sad story. I feel sorry for them whatever happened back then. They will need time to come to term with all this. The long it drags on the worse it will be. Everything need a closure at some point.

"As sad as the situation is, they left the girl unattended. It's all well and good blaming other people, but im afraid at the end of the day the responsibility lies with them.

No it lies with the person who broke into their apartment and abducted their kid. I wouldn't have left kids unattended but let's have the blame where it lies. The Portuguese investigation has been roundly criticised. Its murky. But blaming someone when both police services have exonerated them is just silly."

No it isn't silly. There's a huge issue with people taking responsibility for their actions in this country. It's always somebody else's fault! If they hadn't left the child unattended then it wouldn't have happened and thats a fact.

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"As sad as the situation is, they left the girl unattended. It's all well and good blaming other people, but im afraid at the end of the day the responsibility lies with them.

No it lies with the person who broke into their apartment and abducted their kid. I wouldn't have left kids unattended but let's have the blame where it lies. The Portuguese investigation has been roundly criticised. Its murky. But blaming someone when both police services have exonerated them is just silly.

No it isn't silly. There's a huge issue with people taking responsibility for their actions in this country. It's always somebody else's fault! If they hadn't left the child unattended then it wouldn't have happened and thats a fact."

They made a terrible mistake and I would imagine they will feel the responsibility of their actions every single day.

Is it a blame culture you are for or against?

Tin town

No it isn't silly. There's a huge issue with people taking responsibility for their actions in this country. It's always somebody else's fault! If they hadn't left the child unattended then it wouldn't have happened and thats a fact."

I agree with both of those points.

"As for your professional life, in how many and which hospitals have you worked?

Did you work every day?

And that helps how? "

To be fair you’ve been selective in the questions you have posted here, which were down in the 30’s of the 48 asked.

The full list is online if anyone is interested.

It’s a terribly sad case and if Maddie is indeed dead I truly hope she didn’t suffer and it was quick and painless

"Crazy how this is still ongoing.

Many millions have been spent on this. Time to end it and move on. Doubt they have spent this much time and money on other missing children or adults.

"

Exactly , this is in your face .

Countries out there we no one knows what’s going on

"On the presumption that they are innocent, the guilt of leaving her that night will be with them forever.

Winston "

If they were there the predator would kill them to have her

Quite frankly I think all of us have even less knowledge of the facts so best not to comment on individuals or speculate about it. It's a tragedy and shouldn't be turned into an amateur 'whodunnit'.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Quite frankly I think all of us have even less knowledge of the facts so best not to comment on individuals or speculate about it. It's a tragedy and shouldn't be turned into an amateur 'whodunnit'. "

I couldn't agree more.

Tin town

"Quite frankly I think all of us have even less knowledge of the facts so best not to comment on individuals or speculate about it. It's a tragedy and shouldn't be turned into an amateur 'whodunnit'. "

Yeah very good point.

Limerick

Did you work every day?

And that helps how? "

Again, we don't have all the facts, only what the media have told us so I'll refrain from judgement

Limerick

Agree totally, we don't have all the facts. All we know for sure is that the parents have kept it in the media all this time to try to find their child and they should be commended (not bashed) for it

I would only have one question for the mother. Why was the first person she called her best friend in UK, who just happens to be a pathologist? Not the police, not her parents? Hmmmm I guess we will never know. Both of them are guilty as sin, If they had been 'ppor' their remaining kids would have been taken into care, never to be seen again by them.

Tin town

I would only have one question for the mother. Why was the first person she called her best friend in UK, who just happens to be a pathologist? Not the police, not her parents? Hmmmm I guess we will never know. Both of them are guilty as sin, If they had been 'ppor' their remaining kids would have been taken into care, never to be seen again by them. "

Get the chips off your shoulders... You've answered your own question... Best friend.

No it lies with the person who broke into their apartment and abducted their kid. I wouldn't have left kids unattended but let's have the blame where it lies. The Portuguese investigation has been roundly criticised. Its murky. But blaming someone when both police services have exonerated them is just silly."

Well said, i agree

By *ohnnyB82Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

What I'd like to know is..the fact that a Cadaver dog was used on the hotel site and the hire car the McLiars used & found traces of death immediately, why wasn't this followed up

No it isn't silly. There's a huge issue with people taking responsibility for their actions in this country. It's always somebody else's fault! If they hadn't left the child unattended then it wouldn't have happened and thats a fact.

They made a terrible mistake and I would imagine they will feel the responsibility of their actions every single day.

Is it a blame culture you are for or against?

"

"Quite frankly I think all of us have even less knowledge of the facts so best not to comment on individuals or speculate about it. It's a tragedy and shouldn't be turned into an amateur 'whodunnit'.

Agree totally, we don't have all the facts. All we know for sure is that the parents have kept it in the media all this time to try to find their child and they should be commended (not bashed) for it "

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

Peterborough

"Maebh Quoirin and her husband didn't abandon their daughter just to go on off on the lash "

That's proof that you can never be too careful. You can't watch your kids when you're asleep.

Sleep walking was a lame excuse used by the authorities.

Peterborough

Have you read this article about amateur web sleuths?

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20140501-meet-the-bedroom-detectives

I'm not saying it will be solved on here, but if enough people keep hacking away, more stones can eventually be turned and maybe solved.

Sites like this have caused the US gov to get their collective fingers out and produce a bigger and better site.

» Add a new message to this topic