FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Not a royalist

Not a royalist

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *parkle1974 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I'm not a royalist by any means but for some reason I'm feeling quite sad after watching today's events. Its quite surreal in a way x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm not a royalist by any means but for some reason I'm feeling quite sad after watching today's events. Its quite surreal in a way x"

It’s probably because we can all recognise loss, and maybe it’s triggering subliminal reactions to loss you have suffered.

It’s been a strange 10 days, and made me reflect on loved ones lost and the mortality of those still here.

If you love someone, tell them.

You might not get a chance tomorrow.

By *aleforfun22Man  over a year ago

Lancashire

Totally agree with you watched it all day Brought tears to my eyes a few times

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'm not a royalist but am emotionally exhausted after today. Loved seeing all the old traditions and people who wanted to see her. Had a fair few tear moments, especially when they had her pony and her corgis out to watch her go by.

History has definitely been made and I'm glad I was able to see it

By *parkle1974 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I'm not a royalist but am emotionally exhausted after today. Loved seeing all the old traditions and people who wanted to see her. Had a fair few tear moments, especially when they had her pony and her corgis out to watch her go by.

History has definitely been made and I'm glad I was able to see it "

That made me tear up too and the piper at the end as her coffin was being lowered x

Because Britain is mostly a secular society now we have lost a lot of the ceremonies and traditions which marked the passing of time. I think an event on the scale of the late Queen's funeral is a reminder of how powerful these shared moments can be.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Think seeing any family mourn hits you hard, regardless of who they are.

"I'm not a royalist by any means but for some reason I'm feeling quite sad after watching today's events. Its quite surreal in a way x

It’s probably because we can all recognise loss, and maybe it’s triggering subliminal reactions to loss you have suffered.

It’s been a strange 10 days, and made me reflect on loved ones lost and the mortality of those still here.

You might not get a chance tomorrow. "

awww so true though x

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I feel the opposite, I am a royalist but have found the past week or so rather bothersome for morale having been reminded of what's happened at every turn. I'm glad her family were there to lay her to rest, but hopefully now we can return to some kind of normality.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I must agree with you ...it must be similar to when queen Victoria died..only this time...due to technology the whole world has witnessed the passing of the longest reigning monarch ever

It was seeing the little ones that done it for me a little tear to the eye so young to attend a funeral Charlotte & prince George love them

By *KG12Couple  over a year ago

Burnley

The piper was very poignant. As was the removal of the crown from the coffin.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I'm no royalist, but when someone has been part of your life as a child, did their duties from also a young age even through difficult times they deserve the respect. Was a lovely service that went smoothly

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

London & Europe

I'm not a royalist either, and the funeral hasn't affected me one bit. Someone's gran died and the whole country comes grinding to a halt

By *enrietteandSamCouple  over a year ago

Staffordshire

I thought it was a fantastic send off and a truly great advertisement to the estimated 1.4 billion people that watched from all around the world that the United Kingdom and its history, traditions and unique collection of all four nations is as strong as it has ever been.

Yes, our Queen has passed on.

Long love the king!!

"I'm not a royalist by any means but for some reason I'm feeling quite sad after watching today's events. Its quite surreal in a way x"

kind of know the feeling...

"I'm not a royalist by any means but for some reason I'm feeling quite sad after watching today's events. Its quite surreal in a way x

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Not watched a minute of it

By *heshire-cat74Woman  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

I have said exactly the same I wasn't going to watch it but glad I did and I also shed a tear, it's brought back memories of my dad and husband.

I'm sending hugs to all that need them

"The piper was very poignant. As was the removal of the crown from the coffin. "

Yes! And King Charles placing the commanders flag on top of the coffin did it for me...Nice to think that the fallen soldiers will now find their commander when they need her

By *ockey64Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"I thought it was a fantastic send off and a truly great advertisement to the estimated 1.4 billion people that watched from all around the world that the United Kingdom and its history, traditions and unique collection of all four nations is as strong as it has ever been.

Yes, our Queen has passed on.4.1 billion

Long love the king!!

"

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I watches bits of it. The pomp and ceremony were, as always, amazing. No other country does this as well as us.

I didn't watch the service, it's just not my thing and at my age I'm going to more actual funerals.

Another non Royalist here but I did feel quite emotional watching it. It was very moving and I did shed a tear x

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

No matter your personal opinions on the Royals, today signifies an end of an era, almost the end of a generation of people who witnessed incredibly abhorrent things but also the birth of a new technologically advanced world.

And she was still someone’s Mum & Gran and we can all feel that pain of losing such a matriarchal figure (or are reminded of other family loses) in our own personal lives that today just reflects those emotions back to us.

Sending hugs to anyone that needs them today

By *olvesfunguyMan  over a year ago

WOLVERHAMPTON

"I'm not a royalist either, and the funeral hasn't affected me one bit. Someone's gran died and the whole country comes grinding to a halt "

Luckily you seem to be in the minority.

She was also the head of the country you live in!

Dan, did you go to watch the procession to Windsor? I was thinking about you this afternoon.

Dan, did you go to watch the procession to Windsor? I was thinking about you this afternoon. "

Yes I did my lovely, felt privileged, the Queen’s hearse was literally 2 or 3 feet away so I’m glad I was able to pay my respects, if only for a fleeting few seconds x

Dan, did you go to watch the procession to Windsor? I was thinking about you this afternoon.

Yes I did my lovely, felt privileged, the Queen’s hearse was literally 2 or 3 feet away so I’m glad I was able to pay my respects, if only for a fleeting few seconds x "

Not actually in Windsor, en route x

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

Yes I did my lovely, felt privileged, the Queen’s hearse was literally 2 or 3 feet away so I’m glad I was able to pay my respects, if only for a fleeting few seconds x "

Not a royalist and didnt watch it.

Rather than feel life is fleeting it's made me think about how life long is.

If the royal family was "normal" there would have been two generations safely in retirement.

And the queen would have retired about the time William was born.

She would have spent almost as much time retired as working.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The only times I had a tear in my eye was when her hearse went past her horse and the grooms curtsied then when I saw her corgis.

Very moving in places. I was comfortable with EIIR. Not sure how yet, how I feel about CIIIPO.

I’m not a royalist and I’m far from upset about all this.

But, I did see lots of ex troops and Squadies with their gear and medals and I felt for them. They joined up and they swore to serve the queen and that’s all they knew. So a little of my heart goes out to them.

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

The children did amazingly well ,such a long day for them , the lone piper walking away at the end did it for me

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

A fantastic send-off befitting a Queen, and well done to all the soldiers, sailors and airmen who played their roles.

Yes I did my lovely, felt privileged, the Queen’s hearse was literally 2 or 3 feet away so I’m glad I was able to pay my respects, if only for a fleeting few seconds x

Not actually in Windsor, en route x "

xx

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm not a Royalist.

I am a proud and deferent Monarchist, who spent today paying respects and thinking about a family who had lost their loved one. I watched, listened and, in person, witnessed the heartfelt and sombre cavalcade pass through my town. The entire nation did us proud.

I look forward with equal respectfulness to my* new King.

[*"my" because I cannot speak for anyone else]

» Add a new message to this topic