FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mediocre UK

Mediocre UK

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Has our culture become stale and mediocre at best? Or where is the zeitgeist now at?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Culture is vibrant and ever changing. It doesn't just turn off when someone blows a whistle. If it feels like it has, then it's time to surf whatever is current.

Cowabunga, kids

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are culcha is bein watered down!!!! yeh!

- Dave

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My head's hurting. What is our culture? If it's the sum of all our art, science, ethnicities, philosophy etc etc it's not stale and mediocre and the current zeitgeist is the current state of that.

But what do I know?

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"My head's hurting. What is our culture? If it's the sum of all our art, science, ethnicities, philosophy etc etc it's not stale and mediocre and the current zeitgeist is the current state of that.

But what do I know?"

Yeah, define culture.

Is has mostly become stale and repetitive with a few bold exceptions. The zeitgeist is nowhere in Europe.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

No not boring. Just have to know where to look to find the new and the exciting.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It was very trendy in the 80’s to be a gothy nihilist. There’s more cultural stuff happening now than ever before.

Previous decades were defined by very large cultural events and styles (often attached with a music scene) that huge numbers joined in with, disco, punk, grunge. These days we do t feel the need to catch that wave so much. We can have all of those, and more, all at the same time, and I’d that makes the current cultural outlook harder to define because we can’t reduce it to “flares, boogie and disco balls” then I’m happy with that

By *ermite12ukMan  over a year ago

Solihull and Brentwood

"My head's hurting. What is our culture? If it's the sum of all our art, science, ethnicities, philosophy etc etc it's not stale and mediocre and the current zeitgeist is the current state of that.

But what do I know?

Yeah, define culture."

Yogurt the last time I giggled it.

Our culture is confused.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

But what do I know?

Yeah, define culture.

Yogurt the last time I giggled it. "

haha!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Spend more than a day in Dubai, you’ll be longing for British culture. I find pockets of here and it’s like an oasis - pubs, cafes, independent art , music, food , street art & performance.

The uk’s culture, diversity and history is second only to Europe. I’d we’d stayed in Europe and adopted it properly , we could have up there with Dublin , Paris & Amsterdam

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

"Are culcha is bein watered down!!!! yeh!

- Dave"

What's your first language?

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Our successive governments for the past twenty years hate culture unless it is something incredibly expensive reserved only for those in power. The plebs are not supposed to have a zeitgeist, it is too good for the masses.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Our successive governments for the past twenty years hate culture unless it is something incredibly expensive reserved only for those in power. The plebs are not supposed to have a zeitgeist, it is too good for the masses."

It all seems to be self congratulatory and allergic to innovation. Stale and mouldering.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Anyway we banned the zeitgeist when we left the EU. In England you now have to have a time ghost. No more croissants, but you can have crescent shaped bread rolls. Tapas not allowed, instead you have to settle for little dishes of english sausage with tomato ketchup. No café culture, has to be greggs sausage roll and takeaway coffee...

I find a lot of people who moan about lack of culture don’t go out looking for it. There is plenty happening.

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

"I find a lot of people who moan about lack of culture don’t go out looking for it. There is plenty happening. "

Where?

"I find a lot of people who moan about lack of culture don’t go out looking for it. There is plenty happening.

Where?"

Google stuff happening in your town

Does "Where has our culture gone" translate onto "I'm too old to understand our current culture"

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Let's go back to the days of platemail, chivalry, plague, and strange women lying in ponds distributing swords as a basis for a system of government!

LvM

» Add a new message to this topic