Comedy or tragedy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ryandsee OP   Man  over a year ago

Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 17/09/22 13:25:59]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Yorkshire

Where do you stand? Are you an Antigone and Agamemnon fan or does Lysistrata and the Frogs are more uiur thing? Is it King Lear and Othello or Much ado about nothing and As you like it that grab you? Or perhaps a tragicomedy like Iphigenia and The merchant of Venice floats your boat and are more of what you hanker for? I am hopping this thread will stilulate you and will soon reach 175.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My sex life? Both

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

In the colloquial sense or the classical sense?

I imagine that most people these days, particularly here, might view Lysistrata as a tragedy, particularly given their inability to turn it into a lesbian orgy (the orgê of the women went elsewhere).

I'd like to know more about the tragedy put on after the battle of Marathon, recounted in (I think) Herodotus, which was promptly banned for being far too upsetting.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I prefer comedy. I'd much rather see Much Ado About Nothing over say The Duchess of Malfi. Unrelenting misery and death doesn't do it for me. But if they made a version with Keanu Reeves I could possibly be persuaded otherwise

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Comedy. Simon Lomas is a comedy god

Yorkshire

"In the colloquial sense or the classical sense?

I imagine that most people these days, particularly here, might view Lysistrata as a tragedy, particularly given their inability to turn it into a lesbian orgy (the orgê of the women went elsewhere).

I'd like to know more about the tragedy put on after the battle of Marathon, recounted in (I think) Herodotus, which was promptly banned for being far too upsetting."

Well, happy to leave it open to interpretation. Re Lysistrata,

I wonder how would the principal of withholding favours as a mean of peace keeping would go down these days and how long it would last And yes it was Herodotus.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'd like to know more about the tragedy put on after the battle of Marathon, recounted in (I think) Herodotus, which was promptly banned for being far too upsetting.

I wonder how would the principal of withholding favours as a mean of peace keeping would go down these days and how long it would last And yes it was Herodotus. "

"If you females don't give me what I want, I'm gonna go gay!"

Might have seen the sentiment before

Yorkshire

I wonder how would the principal of withholding favours as a mean of peace keeping would go down these days and how long it would last And yes it was Herodotus.

"If you females don't give me what I want, I'm gonna go gay!"

Might have seen the sentiment before "

Lol, not sure about that but they obviously managed to create peace dialogue of sorts somehow.

Yorkshire

"I prefer comedy. I'd much rather see Much Ado About Nothing over say The Duchess of Malfi. Unrelenting misery and death doesn't do it for me. But if they made a version with Keanu Reeves I could possibly be persuaded otherwise "

But they do say that a good cry makes you feel better or that just a myth?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I'm more a Mrs malaprop fan

Yorkshire

"I'm more a Mrs malaprop fan "

Well Constable Dogberry in Much Ado About Nothing "comprehended auspicious persons"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think very little comedy ages or travels that well where great tragedy is universal and timeless.

Yorkshire

"I think very little comedy ages or travels that well where great tragedy is universal and timeless. "

I must say I tend to agree

» Add a new message to this topic