FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > boxer ?

boxer ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reelove1969 OP   Couple  over a year ago

bristol

freddie flintoff .. can this really happen as a proffesional career at his age ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

well he won so the igns are good

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"freddie flintoff .. can this really happen as a proffesional career at his age ??"
Absolutely not. Great guy/cricketer but boxer he is not. At least as far as progressing to titles is concerned. I was concerned for his health prior to his fight Friday but to my surprise he did get through. He was however floored which doesn't bode well. It was courageous of him to get to this stage but don't think boxing will be enhanced by further bouts.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

he will only be able to fight journey men or worse.

look he was put down by a terrible fighter and anyone with even limited skills would keep freddy on the jab and hook all night long.

freddys punches were mainly slaps. you have to be real about it because boxing is a serious sport.

he will not make it against anyone looking to win regardless of training and sparing.

that guy was payed to be a punch bag for him and im sure the knockdown wasnt in the plan.

it was a dreadful advert for boxing.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Freddie wouldnt make it as a boxer any boxer who was just ok would have went through Freddie as his gaurd just was not there and as said above he was slapping not punching.

Good of him to give it a go though.

watched it this morning

he. can't. box.

bristol

not sure .. im quite impressed by how much he has engaged the sport and taken it quite seriously .. his weight loss and muscle building has made me stand up and take notice .. i will watch this space with interest

trust me.

i train with a lot of fighters and some in a lower weight division would have him out of there in one round.

bristol

im sure u do and im sure the guys do as well .. im just impressed by his age .. dedication and all round achievement ... not expecting him to take world titles or anything but i take my hat off to him for wot he has done in a matter of months .. wonder how many other nearly 40 year old blokes cud do it ??

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"im sure u do and im sure the guys do as well .. im just impressed by his age .. dedication and all round achievement ... not expecting him to take world titles or anything but i take my hat off to him for wot he has done in a matter of months .. wonder how many other nearly 40 year old blokes cud do it ??"
He is 34 btw...but that is not the point. Hope he goes on to something less dangerous.

central scotland

30 being the average age that boxers lose the edge I think 34 might just be a tad late to think about going in the ring for the first time although expert training will go a long way like any other intense sport you realy do have to have a natural talent to begin with.

Hat off to him for giving it a go as he culd realy have ended up humiliated or worse badly hurt.

central scotland

[Removed by poster at 02/12/12 12:05:40]

» Add a new message to this topic