FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > In Praise Of...

In Praise Of...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

A simple thread to offer praise.

In praise of my GP and GP service:

I like the new phone appointments, only going in if needed. Appointment booked. My (drop dead gorgeous) lovely GP called, we had a chat. The GP decided I needed to come in. We had 20 minutes together, checking in on everything else andd my general well-being. They send me off with a note of the item I need. A note because it's cheaper off prescription. They make the hospital referral and send me a text a day and a half later that the hospital don't think it's urgent but will book me in for an appointment in the next month.

Thank you NHS.

What's yours?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm a big fan of phone appointments. My GP has been excellent too

"I'm a big fan of phone appointments. My GP has been excellent too "

Thank you. I'm always happy to hear that others have good GPs.

Other things are also praiseworthy.

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

I have nothing but the utmost praise and thanks for my GP, their service, and the NHS.

Bless 'em all.

I've had to wait 3 weeks for a telephone appointment.. have to go to a drive through for bloods as the wait at the surgery is around 3 weeks.. I've got to wait another 1.5 weeks for a follow up F2F

"I've had to wait 3 weeks for a telephone appointment.. have to go to a drive through for bloods as the wait at the surgery is around 3 weeks.. I've got to wait another 1.5 weeks for a follow up F2F

"

McDonald’s have come along way since I last went

"I've had to wait 3 weeks for a telephone appointment.. have to go to a drive through for bloods as the wait at the surgery is around 3 weeks.. I've got to wait another 1.5 weeks for a follow up F2F

"

I'm sorry that you are experiencing that.

"I have nothing but the utmost praise and thanks for my GP, their service, and the NHS.

Bless 'em all."

McDonald’s have come along way since I last went "

They're closing on Monday.

McDonald’s have come along way since I last went "

I was a bit a drive through!!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

When I try to make an appointment to see my G.P. I'm always told to ring back at 8 am, I'm lucky if I can get a ringtone before about half past 10. Do these people that get through before then have a magic phone or something?

McDonald’s have come along way since I last went

I was a bit a drive through!! "

Are you rural, or rural-ish?

I'm in London and noticing more services, like bloods, are appearing in shopping centres.

"When I try to make an appointment to see my G.P. I'm always told to ring back at 8 am, I'm lucky if I can get a ringtone before about half past 10. Do these people that get through before then have a magic phone or something? "

I've ignored the 'call at 8am' unless I need an appointment that day. Reception answer the phones at 10am and I make an appointment.

Really can't fault our gp and you can have a choice between a telephone or face-to-face appointment and I think that's the best way.

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"When I try to make an appointment to see my G.P. I'm always told to ring back at 8 am, I'm lucky if I can get a ringtone before about half past 10. Do these people that get through before then have a magic phone or something?

I've ignored the 'call at 8am' unless I need an appointment that day. Reception answer the phones at 10am and I make an appointment.

"

I know that the NHS are doing a brilliant job, mostly overworked and underpaid, but whether it's them or any other institution that you have to phone, you're generally told that they're experiencing an unprecedented amount of calls bless 'em

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"When I try to make an appointment to see my G.P. I'm always told to ring back at 8 am, I'm lucky if I can get a ringtone before about half past 10. Do these people that get through before then have a magic phone or something?

"

Unless it's defined as "urgent" (by a receptionist), you cannot pre book anything at our doctors within two weeks. They have two types of appointment - today, or two weeks time. I jest not. Similar to Ace, you can never get through on the phone and they scrapped our online appointment booking option at the start of COVID and not reinstated it. Telephone "appointments" don't have even vague appointment slots, just "morning" or "afternoon" and you are expected to just be able to answer whenever they randomly call you.

Unfortunately, I am not happy and there's no alternative options.

I'm glad someone is happy with their GP provision.

» Add a new message to this topic