FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Emotional

Emotional

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ames5169 OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

Why am I getting so emotional watching all the events after the queens death ?

I’m not a huge royalist and I never met the queen but I find im fighting back tears watching all the tv coverage particularly when ordinary people are being interviewed

Anyone else been surprised at the effect it’s had on them ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

I suspect that it is because such events and the reporting of them have evolved to have the biggest emotional impact. Activities and the reporting that are perceived to be boring or uninteresting don't get funding or attention, ones that have an appeal to the greatest number of people do.

The fact that you are experiencing this reaction despite a self professed lack of interest is an interesting demonstration of just how easily and strongly we are influenced. It also detracts massively from the professed level of grief that is being displayed.

Mr

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

3 years of training during covid the news is no longer to give you info its to keep folks miserable im convinced of it

From covid to fuel prices to wars to the queen dying they found a string to pull and they pull it hard to keep people down

Surprised by the reactions, the coverage and the responses.

Personally I've turned off radio, stopped reading BBC and mostly attempting to avoid it but that's pretty much impossible

I'm not a royalist but I think some moments have been very moving at a simple human level. It is the sharing of an event and empathy for those affected. Everyone has experienced loss and natural to relate to one's own.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I find it slightly irritating that our media is swamped by reports of how marvellous the Royal family are. I also think it's disgusting that the peado is allowed out in public.

Oh and in terms of making people feel emotional, they've mastered the art of making people cry over talent shows and baking. This shouldn't be too hard for them to manipulate an emotional response.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

You're not alone op

Most of us will be feeling like this, myself included, like your soul has been ripped out. No matter what you try to distract yourself. But music can help bang the radio on

Stay strong

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

Because your understanding of reality has changed. Your whole life you knew Britain had queen, that is a reliable constant that is now gone.

I cried when her death was announced, and have been emotional since

By *reddy400Man  over a year ago

birmingham

"Why am I getting so emotional watching all the events after the queens death ?

I’m not a huge royalist and I never met the queen but I find im fighting back tears watching all the tv coverage particularly when ordinary people are being interviewed

Anyone else been surprised at the effect it’s had on them ?"

I got a bit emotional a few weeks ago watching a film I’d seen a few times before and never an got emotional haha I just put it down getting older being able to sympathise and understand more your growing up fella

I always get a tear when seeing the numerous paintings of the Queen with Paddington. Its the words that get me. Very touching.

For me it's more basic. Seeing the family brings back the feeling from when I lost my mom.

I don’t have strong views either way on the royal family as a whole. I do have strong views on some of the individuals. Some good, some bad. The Queen falls into the good category for me. She impressively carried out her duties to the end and with a smile on her face. She was also the same age as my parents, both of whom I’ve lost in recent years. I think this has added the my strong sense of loss this past week which has taken me by surprise. May she rest in peace.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm enjoying the ritual, pomp and ceremony, the connection with centuries of history and observing people's reactions. It does stir my emotions mostly because I'm picking up on other people's a bit like mass hysteria but also because my mum died so recently that it reminds me of that a bit.

I think it's a hard headed person who felt nothing even if it was annoyance

By *aturefun63Man  over a year ago

Belper

Have no emotional reaction except frustration at trying to find radio channels not playing morbid music and tv channels not showing coverage,luckily will be working Monday

"Have no emotional reaction except frustration at trying to find radio channels not playing morbid music and tv channels not showing coverage,luckily will be working Monday "

Such a shame her majesty passing away is upsetting ur radio and tv experience how dare she! maybe try spotify or netflix might suit u better

You might just be a soft git

Still, as to the why, probably because every media outlet right now is dreary as sin with the most depressing music and converge possible, to enact the mood.

It's got to be done, obviously, but it is all rather absurd too.

"You might just be a soft git

Still, as to the why, probably because every media outlet right now is dreary as sin with the most depressing music and converge possible, to enact the mood.

It's got to be done, obviously, but it is all rather absurd too."

The cafe im in has upbeat music on and other stations iv had on in the car are back to normal so not sure where the dreary stuff is.. maybe you need to get out more

"You might just be a soft git

It's got to be done, obviously, but it is all rather absurd too.

The cafe im in has upbeat music on and other stations iv had on in the car are back to normal so not sure where the dreary stuff is.. maybe you need to get out more "

Yes, that is it. Spot on.

Gawd bless er.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I'm embracing the sad feelings off loss for her family, which I can empathise with when I lost mine. I've happily and sadly lost tears of remembrance and change which has been mixed with interest, of all the ceremonial changes that are involved. It is a fascinating process wrapped in historical tradition

"Have no emotional reaction except frustration at trying to find radio channels not playing morbid music and tv channels not showing coverage,luckily will be working Monday

Such a shame her majesty passing away is upsetting ur radio and tv experience how dare she! maybe try spotify or netflix might suit u better "

Even Spotify had a message and a sad playlist dedicated to HRH

Disney seems safe... so far...

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

When it all gets a bit much we watch a recording of just switch everything off.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Nope, but then I'm a republican - it's sad for the immediate family but otherwise I have about as much emotional investment as I would for any other 'celeb' IE non.

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

"Have no emotional reaction except frustration at trying to find radio channels not playing morbid music and tv channels not showing coverage,luckily will be working Monday

Such a shame her majesty passing away is upsetting ur radio and tv experience how dare she! maybe try spotify or netflix might suit u better "

Why try and belittle this viewpoint? Of course she can and has died, not all of us need to partake in the grief and every detail of a woman we don't personally know, and that is not balanced.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Some people have said that they get emitional, as it reminds them of people that are no longer here. It then brings back a lot of grief

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Seeing people crying in the crowds touched a nerve with me.

Such a shame her majesty passing away is upsetting ur radio and tv experience how dare she! maybe try spotify or netflix might suit u better

Why try and belittle this viewpoint? Of course she can and has died, not all of us need to partake in the grief and every detail of a woman we don't personally know, and that is not balanced."

Neither does he like i said turn off listen to your own music watch somthing else.. not belittling anyone just stating facts, im interested in all of it but have taken a break and watched stuff on netflix

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I suspect that it is because such events and the reporting of them have evolved to have the biggest emotional impact. Activities and the reporting that are perceived to be boring or uninteresting don't get funding or attention, ones that have an appeal to the greatest number of people do.

The fact that you are experiencing this reaction despite a self professed lack of interest is an interesting demonstration of just how easily and strongly we are influenced. It also detracts massively from the professed level of grief that is being displayed.

Mr"

Agreed. I haven’t watched a single minute of coverage and haven’t felt anything. I’ve been busy with life.

Showing just how easily it is to not be influenced at all by the billions spent on marketing and advertising. I think we feed from media exactly what we need.

» Add a new message to this topic