FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Energy bills getting cheaper

Energy bills getting cheaper

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I expected them to double on Oct 1st , but mine are reducing by £400 a year plus they are paying me £67 a month to help me . Not that I’ve paid for a long time , or intend to pay , but it’s a nice gesture from Boris or whoever’s in charge these days.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Liz truss

By *inkydarkness90Man  over a year ago

Somewhere up here

I am shocked too. I pay approximately £900/year and it is estimated to go up to £1100/year (22% more) but with the £400 help it will go down to £700!

I am somehow better off!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

You and your children/family will be paying all this back via your taxes, for decades to come. There's no such thing as a free lunch

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

They were never going up always going to be stopped by new pm to make them look good all a game to the people running the country.

"You and your children/family will be paying all this back via your taxes, for decades to come. There's no such thing as a free lunch "

Well said

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Regrettably, in the long run these subsidies will all have to be paid for; eventually!

"They were never going up always going to be stopped by new pm to make them look good all a game to the people running the country."
hmmmm scare mongering again

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

It just means you've been paying over the odds for however long you've been on that tariff. Fixes were set higher than the current price cap as they were taking into account the 80% it was expected to rise by in October, now the October increase isn't going to be as high they're reducing the fixed tariffs too, but many will still be more expensive than the capped standard.

"Liz truss "

Would you bang her?

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

"They were never going up always going to be stopped by new pm to make them look good all a game to the people running the country."

They're still going up by £529, went up £693 in April too (for standard prices). The new prices are almost 96% higher that what people were paying at the beginning of the year. I agree though, increasing it in stages and then originally saying the increase was going to be 80% then changing that was all just smoke and mirrors so people don't realise they've been shafted and most people have fallen for it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Liz truss

Would you bang her? "

Tut Steven ...... I am sure you would.

"You and your children/family will be paying all this back via your taxes, for decades to come. There's no such thing as a free lunch "

There is if you have solar panels

"Liz truss

Would you bang her?

Tut Steven ...... I am sure you would."

Now that would be a shameful sTORY.

Get it?

Ha.

"Liz truss

Would you bang her?

Tut Steven ...... I am sure you would."

Why don’t you call me Stephen?

By *mg 321Man  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Regrettably, in the long run these subsidies will all have to be paid for; eventually!"

Just thankful that I’m finally paying back a subsidy that I have actually benefited from.

"You and your children/family will be paying all this back via your taxes, for decades to come. There's no such thing as a free lunch

There is if you have solar panels "

I have solar panels, but this is still a fuck up

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

Nice gesture?

The energy companies are still making their money and you'll be paying for it one way or another.

A nice gesture would have been a windfall tax. But Liz Truss would never do that to her friends in the energy companies.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Nice gesture?

The energy companies are still making their money and you'll be paying for it one way or another.

A nice gesture would have been a windfall tax. But Liz Truss would never do that to her friends in the energy companies."

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"Nice gesture?

A nice gesture would have been a windfall tax. But Liz Truss would never do that to her friends in the energy companies."

100% this

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

[Removed by poster at 13/09/22 23:16:32]

"You and your children/family will be paying all this back via your taxes, for decades to come. There's no such thing as a free lunch

I have solar panels, but this is still a fuck up"

True, but I’ve not paid for electricity for 4 years once my panels earned back the cost of their installation, in fact my payments (the ones they pay me..) are linked to the unit price so are going up. Appreciate not everyone can pay upfront for 8 years worth of energy, but many can, and those that were willing to take the plunge when the schemes were new are reaping a reward. That’s not to scoff of those struggling of course, but it’s good when something that seems too good to be true, really is.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

There is if you have solar panels "

Doesn't your solar array require some level of maintenance/upkeep? Appreciate that if you've paid off the initial cost, that it provides very cheap energy but surely there's a lifespan on components etc? Also how do you manage in the winter when the panels don't generate much? Serious question as I don't know the answer.

We tried to get energy company subsidised solar panels when that was available but turned down because our roof faces SW, not due south!

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"Nice gesture?

A nice gesture would be to change the way electricity prices are set. Less than half of our electricity is produced by burning gas yet the price of gas sets the price for all of it. Every 30 mins the generation mix is assessed and the most expensive generation cost is adopted for all the electricity produced in that time. As gas is by far the most expensive at the moment, it is setting the prices. If you own wind turbines or a nuclear station you are raking in the cash.

Mr

Doesn't your solar array require some level of maintenance/upkeep? Appreciate that if you've paid off the initial cost, that it provides very cheap energy but surely there's a lifespan on components etc? Also how do you manage in the winter when the panels don't generate much? Serious question as I don't know the answer.

We tried to get energy company subsidised solar panels when that was available but turned down because our roof faces SW, not due south! "

Every setup is different, but essentially I’ve paid the setup costs, occasionally there’s a service, and they won’t last for ever but they are guaranteed to be 80% efficient after 25 years, by which time it’s a toss up to get so I imaging returns or put new ones on. In terms of winter, they don’t generate as much, so I still then pay for what I need, but overall for a year, what I earn in the summer is more than I pay in the winter. I should be electric bill free for 12 more years at least, even taking into account a new inverter in a few years. I don’t have a particularly big system, I was simply lucky enough to a) put it in at the right time when tariffs for payments were best, and b) pay up front to own them myself, so I get the payments, not the supplier/fitter….

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

Mine has already gone up. Paying nearly £40 pw for electricity now..was £25

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"It just means you've been paying over the odds for however long you've been on that tariff. Fixes were set higher than the current price cap as they were taking into account the 80% it was expected to rise by in October, now the October increase isn't going to be as high they're reducing the fixed tariffs too, but many will still be more expensive than the capped standard."

Since contracts were novated to shell there’s been no fixed tariffs . It’s impossible to even get a quote for a fix at the moment

» Add a new message to this topic