FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Should the press be regulated?

Should the press be regulated?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I will be the first person to stick up for freedom of speech etc as we live in a democracy and not a dictatorship like china.

But surely something has to be done to stop the scumbag/dirt/filth press from printing stories they know are fake and tarnishing peoples reputations.

What are your thoughts fellow fabsters?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

"I will be the first person to stick up for freedom of speech etc as we live in a democracy and not a dictatorship like china.

But surely something has to be done to stop the scumbag/dirt/filth press from printing stories they know are fake and tarnishing peoples reputations.

What are your thoughts fellow fabsters?"

I would take issue with your description of China as a dictatorship. Who is the dictator? Authoritarian Communist hierarchy and certainly not a democracy - agree with you there. On the point at issue agree that the press should be accountable - too many lives affected by false "stories". That said it should not be shackled, just responsible.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

this country is no democracy

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"I will be the first person to stick up for freedom of speech etc as we live in a democracy and not a dictatorship like china.

What are your thoughts fellow fabsters?"

Gas Mark 6

» Add a new message to this topic