FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > In any relationship

In any relationship

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heodore21 OP   Man  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

In any relationship the person with the most power is the one who needs the other the least ....or not ???

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Should either person really "need" the other?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A relationship with a power dynamic isn’t really a relationship it’s one using the other.

Do you love me or love the idea of me ?

"Do you love me or love the idea of me ? "

I love Ricky Machado

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Do you love me or love the idea of me ?

"

I love your stairs.

Milton Keynes

[Removed by poster at 06/09/22 19:06:24]

I think people who think relationships should have a more v less power dynamic probably experience a bit of trouble with them.

People compliment each other's strengths in different areas of life and this balances the relationship.

No perfect scenario, just accepting people for who they are and spooning them in life

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Power... I don't think relationships are about power are they? Not healthy ones. You shouldn't be viewing it as needing the other (bar in times of need). It's about choosing to be with each other, doing away with nonsense mind games. Complimenting and lifting each other, not vying for power. Encouraging the other to be the best they can be, making them feel like they can be. Are.

What's wrong with wanting another? Nothing. Embrace the feelings, the good and bad. Live. And love freely. Fully. Don't hold back because it's a sign of weakness. It's not. In any relationship the people with the most power are those that are happiest. Share "power".

"In any relationship the person with the most power is the one who needs the other the least ....or not ???"

The one who withholds the sex has the most power.

By *irty-pairCouple  over a year ago

South Essex

Every couple is different, but we’re completely equal. We couldn’t be in the lifestyle if we weren’t.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

In a long relationship you need each other differently at various times. Sometimes one of you needs more emotional support than the other, sometimes more practical or financial. I doubt it makes it easier for the one supporting the other to walk away

That’s grounds for a manipulative relationship… I would think in a relationship people compliment each other and bring their strengths to help and support each other

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^ or make them need the other person less

Agree

Power means nothing in the end if the universe cuts off the mains you end up only holding a box off tissues

I can't say I've ever looked at a relationship in that way.

But I'd say yes, they have more power. But what kind of relationship is it anyway if you're thinking like that?

By *irty-pairCouple  over a year ago

South Essex

"In a long relationship you need each other differently at various times. Sometimes one of you needs more emotional support than the other, sometimes more practical or financial. I doubt it makes it easier for the one supporting the other to walk away"

This. Things ebb and flow, but without mutual and equal respect, you’ve got nothing.

"In any relationship the person with the most power is the one who needs the other the least ....or not ???"

Only when the one with power is a selfish cunt.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Unless we are talking about the bedroom, the power dynamic if noticeably off balance is not a relationship I want to be in.

Milton Keynes

"Power... I don't think relationships are about power are they? Not healthy ones. You shouldn't be viewing it as needing the other (bar in times of need). It's about choosing to be with each other, doing away with nonsense mind games. Complimenting and lifting each other, not vying for power. Encouraging the other to be the best they can be, making them feel like they can be. Are.

What's wrong with wanting another? Nothing. Embrace the feelings, the good and bad. Live. And love freely. Fully. Don't hold back because it's a sign of weakness. It's not. In any relationship the people with the most power are those that are happiest. Share "power".

"

Interesting

Milton Keynes

"In any relationship the person with the most power is the one who needs the other the least ....or not ???

The one who withholds the sex has the most power."

I disagree...it’s so easy to find “just sex”...nowadays

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

if one has more power than the other then there is no friendship nor love - this is not a relationship worth pursuing for me

Milton Keynes

"In a long relationship you need each other differently at various times. Sometimes one of you needs more emotional support than the other, sometimes more practical or financial. I doubt it makes it easier for the one supporting the other to walk away"

Agree

King's Crustacean

Oh unless it's FWB and good fucks are had by all ........

Milton Keynes

"Agree "

Amen sister lol

King's Crustacean

This is an old thread. When I find out who the resurrector is ..... they're for it

Someone who needs to demonstrate how powerful they are in a relationship in the long run tends to be the one that needs the validation of others more imo.

All in all anything as unbalanced as what you are describing OP seems toxic

Milton Keynes

"I can't say I've ever looked at a relationship in that way.

But I'd say yes, they have more power. But what kind of relationship is it anyway if you're thinking like that?"

It’s really interesting the way people anticipate and react in relationships...nowadays

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Nobody needs, it's more wants because if you need you'd just take it but when you want it's more rewarding

Milton Keynes

"Unless we are talking about the bedroom, the power dynamic if noticeably off balance is not a relationship I want to be in."

For me the bedroom can only work with those dynamics ....but in real life I couldn’t do that ...

If there's any form of power struggle in a relationship, it's not a healthy one.

Milton Keynes

"If there's any form of power struggle in a relationship, it's not a healthy one."

I am guessing you are not into Dom Sub dynamics ...generally speaking I agree, I had a very interesting conversation with a friend of mine who lives in Bali and he was telling me about his relationship with his girlfriend...

I found it an interesting topic that’s why I put it here ...

Milton Keynes

"Nobody needs, it's more wants because if you need you'd just take it but when you want it's more rewarding "

It’s better when you want ...but trust me buddy there are people that they need

Milton Keynes

"This is an old thread. When I find out who the resurrector is ..... they're for it "

It’s something that a friend of mine who lives abroad told me and I found it interesting...

And I was curious about the reactions ...

Personally I found it interesting in sex life ....but I am not so sure about the real life ....perspectives I am guessing

» Add a new message to this topic