FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Scan

Scan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I've just had my scan. Not amazing news as one of my ovaries is in an unorthodox position and my coil is in the wrong place so I need to have it out ASAP which means I need a new treatment for the endometriosis.

Going home to a cup of tea and to try and find my dignity. Internal scans are horrible.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Oh they're horrid aren't they??

Glad your doin ok xxx

It was the most undignified moment of my life!! Dreading having the coil out! Xx

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

"It was the most undignified moment of my life!! Dreading having the coil out! Xx"

My dignity went out the window when I had my boy. Lol. Once a dozen different people have peered and poked up there within 2 days I was past caring! Lol x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It was the most undignified moment of my life!! Dreading having the coil out! Xx"

My coil got stuck years back and they had to put be under to remove it. Overnight stay. Felt no pain though and felt normal next day.

"It was the most undignified moment of my life!! Dreading having the coil out! Xx

My coil got stuck years back and they had to put be under to remove it. Overnight stay. Felt no pain though and felt normal next day."

If I can opt for it under a general I'll take it! I don't want to feel it being removed!!

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

glad everything went as well as it could. Good luck for the further treatments

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Have you tried northestrone as a treatment?

"Have you tried northestrone as a treatment? "

I had that when I was ill in September. Its good for stopping bleeding but doesn't seem popular for long term use. I take transenamic acid now for when I'm ill but its not as drastic.

I've been told a few times that the next step is Zoladex which puts you into a temporary menopause by stripping your hormones and they give you a very light hormone to take. My worry is the hot flushes & mood swings that come with it, its supposed to be effective though.

"I've just had my scan. Not amazing news as one of my ovaries is in an unorthodox position and my coil is in the wrong place so I need to have it out ASAP which means I need a new treatment for the endometriosis.

Going home to a cup of tea and to try and find my dignity. Internal scans are horrible. "

Well hopefully all the examinations are over now and they can sort things out to make things a little better looking forward.

Having a coil out is lots more pleasant than having it put in! Hardly felt it when I had mine done last month, it was the new one going in that made my eyes water slightly

Don't worry u be just fine

"Having a coil out is lots more pleasant than having it put in! Hardly felt it when I had mine done last month, it was the new one going in that made my eyes water slightly

Don't worry u be just fine "

I had it in under general as it was when I'd had a laparoscopy and they did it while I was under. Its not straight so I'm not sure what they'll do.

They aren't putting another one in that's for sure!!

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

"Have you tried northestrone as a treatment?

I had that when I was ill in September. Its good for stopping bleeding but doesn't seem popular for long term use. I take transenamic acid now for when I'm ill but its not as drastic.

I've been told a few times that the next step is Zoladex which puts you into a temporary menopause by stripping your hormones and they give you a very light hormone to take. My worry is the hot flushes & mood swings that come with it, its supposed to be effective though. "

This doesnt work for everyone thought, i was diagnosed with stage1 womb cancer i was put on the hormone treatment to shut down my ovaries but instead it had the complete opposit effect on me and i beld more bleeding every two weeks i eventually had my hysterectomy in March of this year and havent looked back since

I've been told a few times that the next step is Zoladex which puts you into a temporary menopause by stripping your hormones and they give you a very light hormone to take. My worry is the hot flushes & mood swings that come with it, its supposed to be effective though. This doesnt work for everyone thought, i was diagnosed with stage1 womb cancer i was put on the hormone treatment to shut down my ovaries but instead it had the complete opposit effect on me and i beld more bleeding every two weeks i eventually had my hysterectomy in March of this year and havent looked back since "

They won't entertain the idea of a hysterectomy with me as I'm 26 and haven't got kids. I begged my consultant at my last appointment to take it all out but a hysterectomy isn't a definitive cure for endometriosis either. I think I'll have to give the Zoladex a go and see if that's any better than this. I'll have to have a big chat with my consultant. Glad you are doing well after your hysterectomy xx

By *awty_MissDynomiteNo1Woman  over a year ago

No idea, I'm lost. Damn Sat nav!

I've been told a few times that the next step is Zoladex which puts you into a temporary menopause by stripping your hormones and they give you a very light hormone to take. My worry is the hot flushes & mood swings that come with it, its supposed to be effective though. This doesnt work for everyone thought, i was diagnosed with stage1 womb cancer i was put on the hormone treatment to shut down my ovaries but instead it had the complete opposit effect on me and i beld more bleeding every two weeks i eventually had my hysterectomy in March of this year and havent looked back since

They won't entertain the idea of a hysterectomy with me as I'm 26 and haven't got kids. I begged my consultant at my last appointment to take it all out but a hysterectomy isn't a definitive cure for endometriosis either. I think I'll have to give the Zoladex a go and see if that's any better than this. I'll have to have a big chat with my consultant. Glad you are doing well after your hysterectomy xx "

yeah give it a go and see how you get on, the only other option you might have would be to have the linning of your womb removed but again once this is done there is no chance of you ever becoming pregnant thats a big desision for someone so young with no kids and again not always sucessful i went to have this done last november but woke from the anasthetic to find out it couldnt be done due to the size of my womb ..Good luck hun what every lies ahead for you xxx

» Add a new message to this topic