FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Dr. Jordan Peterson

Dr. Jordan Peterson

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ananaman41 OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Im going to one of his lectures in september as part of his tour over this neck of the woods. Cant wait for it i have to say. Has anyone been to one of his talks/lectures in person before?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Why was he banned from Twitter ?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Why was he banned from Twitter ?"

A tweet about Elliott Page I think

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

He sounds like Kermit but he's not as wise as Kermit

Dublin

"Why was he banned from Twitter ?"

He 'misgengered' ellen page i think. Forgive me, i dont know her or his male name

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d rather poke my own eyes out!

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

"Im going to one of his lectures in september as part of his tour over this neck of the woods. Cant wait for it i have to say. Has anyone been to one of his talks/lectures in person before? "

I feel you will be getting a lot of hate for just mentioning his name...never been to a lecture of his, but if I had the chance, I probably would. Although I don't agree with many things he says, there are many other things that I do agree with him...

Dublin

"I’d rather poke my own eyes out!"

Why so?

"Why was he banned from Twitter ?

He 'misgengered' ellen page i think. Forgive me, i dont know her or his male name"

It's Elliot now.

Dublin

He 'misgengered' ellen page i think. Forgive me, i dont know her or his male name

It's Elliot now."

Ok thanks for that

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Is he the dude that talks about masculinity? I'm not fully aware of his ideologies or beliefs but hope you can find what you want from it

Dublin

"Is he the dude that talks about masculinity? I'm not fully aware of his ideologies or beliefs but hope you can find what you want from it "

Im not particularly looking to find anything. I just find what he has to say very inspiring. He talks about far more than just masculinity

I've never been but would take up the chance to watch him. I don't agree with everything he says but he seems to at least give arguments for his views.

Paradise, Herts

"Is he the dude that talks about masculinity? I'm not fully aware of his ideologies or beliefs but hope you can find what you want from it "

That could be someone else. There was a thread about him the other day. Can’t remember his name.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

I find him interesting. Used to like hearing him on podcasts as he always sounded very thoughtful in his views, even if I didn't always agree with them. Then I listened to his book 12 Rules and frankly I just found it grim and depressing.

Lately though he seems to have gone completely off the deep end. From the thoughtful person who used to make reasonable comments to a crazy old man shouting inflammatory comments

Dublin

"Is he the dude that talks about masculinity? I'm not fully aware of his ideologies or beliefs but hope you can find what you want from it

That could be someone else. There was a thread about him the other day. Can’t remember his name. "

That might be andrew tate hes thinking of.

Believe me, there is zero comparison between the two

By *ister CMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Im going to one of his lectures in september as part of his tour over this neck of the woods. Cant wait for it i have to say. Has anyone been to one of his talks/lectures in person before? "

Personally I really like him. His lectures all free btw... are illuminating too.

I'll also be there.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

He's just a grifter, saying controversial stuff to get attention and make money.

I would quite fancy that myself, just seen how much the tickets prices are though!

Dublin

"I find him interesting. Used to like hearing him on podcasts as he always sounded very thoughtful in his views, even if I didn't always agree with them. Then I listened to his book 12 Rules and frankly I just found it grim and depressing.

Lately though he seems to have gone completely off the deep end. From the thoughtful person who used to make reasonable comments to a crazy old man shouting inflammatory comments"

It was a tough read admittedly but worth it i thought.

Hes had a difficult few years, he developed a painkiller addiction whilst dealing with his wifes illness, but thankfully seems to be recovering now

By *iaisonseekerMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

He's a provocateur and pretty good at it although I'm not sure all of his views are as intellectually coherent as they are presented.

Dublin

"Im going to one of his lectures in september as part of his tour over this neck of the woods. Cant wait for it i have to say. Has anyone been to one of his talks/lectures in person before?

Personally I really like him. His lectures all free btw... are illuminating too.

I'll also be there. "

Not free here! Ffs

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

He supports men so he’ll be hated on herev

London

He 'misgengered' ellen page i think. Forgive me, i dont know her or his male name"

You don't know his name and can't be bothered to spend literally five seconds looking it up?

Dublin

"He's a provocateur and pretty good at it although I'm not sure all of his views are as intellectually coherent as they are presented."

Hes not a provacateur at all.

His views provoke, but it is not his intention to provoke. As a clinical psychologist, his automatic way is to speak honestly. Naturally these days, that provokes

That was a mad Google search…

Enjoy though.

London

"He supports men so he’ll be hated on herev"

As a man, I don't hate him - I actually pity him. He's clearly not well, and just lashing out to try and get the attention he's gotten used to.

Just a shame some men can't find themselves better role models than a guy who got famous for being anti-trans and is still at it.

w

"He supports men so he’ll be hated on herev

As a man, I don't hate him - I actually pity him. He's clearly not well, and just lashing out to try and get the attention he's gotten used to.

Just a shame some men can't find themselves better role models than a guy who got famous for being anti-trans and is still at it. "

Fair enough, I think if that’s all you’ve gathered of him you don’t know that much, which means I can’t be mad at an uneducated opinion.

Dublin

Its been portrayed that way, but to be fair its not necessarily true. Hes become well known through his lectures going on youtube. 80% of YouTube views are young men, ao naturally it has resonated more with young men than any other demographic. But he tries to help all people. Hes a particular advocate of equality of oppirtunity, give all people the same oppirtunity regarless of gender, race etc and then let nature take its course in so far as where people end up, particularly when it comes to occupations

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

He gone way to religious but he has some great advice for living you're life in a productive way.

Dublin

Just a shame some men can't find themselves better role models than a guy who got famous for being anti-trans and is still at it. "

I think youre reading too many media hit pieces on him rather than spending time listening to the man himself

[Removed by poster at 28/08/22 20:43:45]

By *elaninMaverickWoman  over a year ago

near Putney Heath

"I find him interesting. Used to like hearing him on podcasts as he always sounded very thoughtful in his views, even if I didn't always agree with them. Then I listened to his book 12 Rules and frankly I just found it grim and depressing.

Lately though he seems to have gone completely off the deep end. From the thoughtful person who used to make reasonable comments to a crazy old man shouting inflammatory comments"

I haven't heard things from him lately. but as a person interested in the usual psycho-babble, I rate quite a lot of what he says.

I don't really understand his opposition to feminism but then I wasn't raised to see the patriarchy at every turn.

I rate him as a clinical psychologist but the difference between him and a psychotherapist is the ability to apply the psychological theory and techniques to the individual person and their dysfunctional behaviours.

So reading a list of his 12 rules isn't anything I haven't heard before from a white middle class male Judeo-Christo, double income two parent household perspective.

It's when you fall outside of those parameter, you think he's an obnoxious prick....and I've met plenty of psychiatrists and psychologist who if I didn't think they were prick....I thought they were clueless about how to actually help me.

Paradise, Herts

"Is he the dude that talks about masculinity? I'm not fully aware of his ideologies or beliefs but hope you can find what you want from it

That could be someone else. There was a thread about him the other day. Can’t remember his name.

That might be andrew tate hes thinking of.

Believe me, there is zero comparison between the two "

That’s the one

Dublin

For anybody unfamilar with him, i would recommend checking out an interview he did with Fredrik Skavlan a couple of years back. Its long but well worth it. Will give you a decent rounded idea of the man

Just a shame some men can't find themselves better role models than a guy who got famous for being anti-trans and is still at it.

I think youre reading too many media hit pieces on him rather than spending time listening to the man himself"

What do you mean media hit pieces?

Seems to be random thing everyone's throwing about about everyone

By *ipvanwinkieMan  over a year ago

out of town!

Ah, it’s just good old misogynistic views with a very thin veneer of respectability around it because he’s coated it in psychobabble.

A quick Google search and from what I’ve seen I would have no interest in listening to a word he has to say.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

I have watched MANY of his videos on Google Video but frankly I think he is a not of a pain in the ass.

He is an intelligent and educated guy, but he does remind me of the American motivational speakers who formerly attended business conferences, at vast expense, to motivate sales forces and other managers.

Except that he is doing it in the personal psychology market.

Have a look at Doctor Grande's video evaluation of him; Jordan says a lot and yet he also says very little of any real substance, or true value.

He is also irritatingly prescriptive and dogmatic, no matter how his opinions change.

I understand that he has recently found God and is tub-thumping on that issue

I personally would not pay to go to listen to him, but if the lecture was free of charge I would go to see him in the flesh and to hear his latest emphatic diatribe.

Dublin

I think youre reading too many media hit pieces on him rather than spending time listening to the man himself

Seems to be random thing everyone's throwing about about everyone"

What i mean is taking one comment he might make, out of context, and then using it to frame a negative view of him.

All clinical psychologists will say things from time to time that appear 'off colour', thats part of what they are and what they do. But its always honest and said free of undue influence from other factors

By *iaisonseekerMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"He's a provocateur and pretty good at it although I'm not sure all of his views are as intellectually coherent as they are presented.

His views provoke, but it is not his intention to provoke. As a clinical psychologist, his automatic way is to speak honestly. Naturally these days, that provokes"

He's definitely a provocateur and quite reactionary at that. He loves a good straw man argument to give him a platform to peddle his theories of human behaviour.

I agree that some of his theories are quite persuasive but, for me at least, they are sometimes undermined by the cheap rhetoric.

Dublin

"He's a provocateur and pretty good at it although I'm not sure all of his views are as intellectually coherent as they are presented.

His views provoke, but it is not his intention to provoke. As a clinical psychologist, his automatic way is to speak honestly. Naturally these days, that provokes

He's definitely a provocateur and quite reactionary at that. He loves a good straw man argument to give him a platform to peddle his theories of human behaviour.

I agree that some of his theories are quite persuasive but, for me at least, they are sometimes undermined by the cheap rhetoric."

Fair enough. You sound like youve at least spent some time listening to his stuff so i appreciate the opinion

Once upon a time, he was doing fine participating in debates about culture and society. But at some point, he completely lost it. He has been spouting out some horrible stuff recently.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

Nathan J Robinson nailed Peterson and his appeal in the current climate in his article 'The intellectual we deserve'.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"He's just a grifter, saying controversial stuff to get attention and make money. "

I agree with that, and I keep telling my ex-husband the same.

That could be someone else. There was a thread about him the other day. Can’t remember his name. "

Andrew Tate?

East London

Looking at his rule 1 tells me a lot about him.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Looking at his rule 1 tells me a lot about him.

"

Yeah, that's me failing at life

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

Andrew Tate?"

Don't say his name !!! ...social media only recently managed to ban him

Seems to be random thing everyone's throwing about about everyone

What i mean is taking one comment he might make, out of context, and then using it to frame a negative view of him.

All clinical psychologists will say things from time to time that appear 'off colour', thats part of what they are and what they do. But its always honest and said free of undue influence from other factors"

Who is?

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Oh my goodness, the man is an utter quack. He is a shill for right-wingers everywhere. He is an utterly terrible person who talks an immense amount of shit.

Dublin

"Im going to one of his lectures in september as part of his tour over this neck of the woods. Cant wait for it i have to say. Has anyone been to one of his talks/lectures in person before?

Oh my goodness, the man is an utter quack. He is a shill for right-wingers everywhere. He is an utterly terrible person who talks an immense amount of shit. "

Have to disagree on that. Cant see where you would get any of that at all to be honest.

Andrew Tate?

Don't say his name !!! ...social media only recently managed to ban him "

What happens if I say his name?

Paradise, Herts

Andrew Tate?

What happens if I say his name? "

Just don’t say it 3 times!

Andrew Tate?

Just don’t say it 3 times! "

Who, Andrew Tate?

Oh my goodness, the man is an utter quack. He is a shill for right-wingers everywhere. He is an utterly terrible person who talks an immense amount of shit.

Have to disagree on that. Cant see where you would get any of that at all to be honest. "

Enjoy the show.

What I've seen of him makes me think he's thoughtful and honest in his views.

And the claims of anti trans and misogyny are complete nonsense. He was arguing against the use of pronouns in compelled speech. I believe this related to a law that was about to be passed in Canada. I think his observations about men & women are, for the most part, spot on.

Paradise, Herts

Andrew Tate?

Who, Andrew Tate? "

. Stop it now!

"For anybody unfamilar with him, i would recommend checking out an interview he did with Fredrik Skavlan a couple of years back. Its long but well worth it. Will give you a decent rounded idea of the man"

It's really good to see Dr Peterson back after all of his health issues. I remember listening to his daughter Mika a year or so ago talking about her father struggles, wasn't he was really ill with Covid in Russia if I remember correctly ?, his drug addictions and its incredible to think Dr Peterson was suicidal. But his wife was terminally ill, he's only human and we all have our breaking points, I guess.

I really enjoyed the interview with Fredrik Scavlon, he came across well. And I was quite moved when he talked about the relationship he had with his father and mother.

Enjoy the lecture OP

Andrew Tate?

Who, Andrew Tate?

. Stop it now!"

Dublin

Have to disagree on that. Cant see where you would get any of that at all to be honest.

Enjoy the show.

And the claims of anti trans and misogyny are complete nonsense. He was arguing against the use of pronouns in compelled speech. I believe this related to a law that was about to be passed in Canada. I think his observations about men & women are, for the most part, spot on."

I will thank you and I agree, youre spot on about that proposed law in canada and his reaction to it at the time.

East London

Yeah, that's me failing at life "

He's getting rich off shit like that.

Dublin

"For anybody unfamilar with him, i would recommend checking out an interview he did with Fredrik Skavlan a couple of years back. Its long but well worth it. Will give you a decent rounded idea of the man

It's really good to see Dr Peterson back after all of his health issues. I remember listening to his daughter Mika a year or so ago talking about her father struggles, wasn't he was really ill with Covid in Russia if I remember correctly ?, his drug addictions and its incredible to think Dr Peterson was suicidal. But his wife was terminally ill, he's only human and we all have our breaking points, I guess.

I really enjoyed the interview with Fredrik Scavlon, he came across well. And I was quite moved when he talked about the relationship he had with his father and mother.

Enjoy the lecture OP"

Thanks very much, appreciate that.

Yeah hes very forthright about how his stable family life abd strong parents were good role models for him. I think its always reinforced his believe in the importance of the traditional nuclear family,now moreso than ever

Dublin

"

Have you read it in full?

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Another toxic grifter scumbag recruiting incels into the alt-right.

Handy for getting people with problematic beliefs to red-flag themselves, I guess.

East London

I support men, not by hating women.

"For anybody unfamilar with him, i would recommend checking out an interview he did with Fredrik Skavlan a couple of years back. Its long but well worth it. Will give you a decent rounded idea of the man

Enjoy the lecture OP

Yeah hes very forthright about how his stable family life abd strong parents were good role models for him. I think its always reinforced his believe in the importance of the traditional nuclear family,now moreso than ever"

Whats a traditional nuclear family?

Dublin

Enjoy the lecture OP

Yeah hes very forthright about how his stable family life abd strong parents were good role models for him. I think its always reinforced his believe in the importance of the traditional nuclear family,now moreso than ever

"

Welk at its core, is a 2 parent family

Have you read it in full? "

Misogyny and religion in rule 1. I don’t need to read further.

Dublin

Misogyny and religion in rule 1. I don’t need to read further."

Im not sure where youve picked that up from but youre entitled to your opinion

"Another toxic grifter scumbag recruiting incels into the alt-right.

Handy for getting people with problematic beliefs to red-flag themselves, I guess.

"

I'm an unmarried, middle aged mother of 2, working class background, labour then latterly SNP voter (though they can fuck right off now). Not your typical right winger, I think you'd agree.

The problematic belief part is purely subjective btw.

"

His first rule is "stand up straight with your shoulders back"

North West

His first rule is "stand up straight with your shoulders back" "

Can barely stand, let alone straight

Oh well

I'm an unmarried, middle aged mother of 2, working class background, labour then latterly SNP voter (though they can fuck right off now). Not your typical right winger, I think you'd agree.

The problematic belief part is purely subjective btw."

....and I get a ride pretty regular so the incel part is wrong too.

Enjoy the lecture OP

Welk at its core, is a 2 parent family"

Whats Welk?

His first rule is "stand up straight with your shoulders back"

Can barely stand, let alone straight

Oh well "

If I put my shoulders back, someone will get black eyes

East London

Have you read it in full? "

Possibly, although I'm not buying his book.

Does he mention females in it at all?

near Putney Heath

"

My last physiotherapist( a woman) told me ( another woman) I've got a lovely straight upper back.

It's my lower vertebrae that decided to get locked in.

By *otandHorny40Couple  over a year ago

Swansea

This is very much my thinking as well, definitely losing the plot and becoming more extreme.

East London

His first rule is "stand up straight with your shoulders back" "

Like lobsters with high serotonin do.

Dublin

Enjoy the lecture OP

Whats Welk?"

I meant 'well'. Typo

Dublin

Possibly, although I'm not buying his book.

Does he mention females in it at all? "

Yes of course he does. His book about humans, not just men

Enjoy the lecture OP

Whats Welk?

I meant 'well'. Typo"

Oh right so how many children or is there a preferable limit?

near Putney Heath

"Ah, it’s just good old misogynistic views with a very thin veneer of respectability around it because he’s coated it in psychobabble. "

but I like psycho-babble...if it weren't for psychobabble...this maverick would be dead.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

If you listen to Jordan you should really check out Ben shapiro... On a side note I wholeheartedly agree with Jordan on his opinions on Justin trudeau

East London

"Ah, it’s just good old misogynistic views with a very thin veneer of respectability around it because he’s coated it in psychobabble.

but I like psycho-babble...if it weren't for psychobabble...this maverick would be dead."

Do you not prefer things to be clear and concise?

This explains a lot...

"If you listen to Jordan you should really check out Ben shapiro... On a side note I wholeheartedly agree with Jordan on his opinions on Justin trudeau "

And what opinions are those?

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I think it was when JP argued from a modernist perspective, and used post modernist arguments, to try and argue that post-modernsim was the greatest evil that faced mankind was when I became convinced me that, while he sounded superficially smart, he was actually either as thick as pigshit, a total hypocrite, or just another grifter after your money and not worth listening to.

Dublin

"If you listen to Jordan you should really check out Ben shapiro... On a side note I wholeheartedly agree with Jordan on his opinions on Justin trudeau "

Yes, very much so agree on that

I disagree with Ben Shapiro on loads of things. But I can't help but like him. He makes me howl with his sarcasm and replies to folk trying to be smart.

"I think it was when JP argued from a modernist perspective, and used post modernist arguments, to try and argue that post-modernsim was the greatest evil that faced mankind was when I became convinced me that, while he sounded superficially smart, he was actually either as thick as pigshit, a total hypocrite, or just another grifter after your money and not worth listening to."

I’ll admit this is the first time I’ve heard of him but from what I’ve read he’s basically Andrew Tate with a thesaurus.

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Lately though he seems to have gone completely off the deep end. From the thoughtful person who used to make reasonable comments to a crazy old man shouting inflammatory comments

This is very much my thinking as well, definitely losing the plot and becoming more extreme."

I think a low point was when he started ranting about the girl on sports illustrated and making sweeping statements about far girls not being sexy. Making definitive statements about something as subjective as who people find attractive just seemed weird and pointless.

Dublin

"If you listen to Jordan you should really check out Ben shapiro... On a side note I wholeheartedly agree with Jordan on his opinions on Justin trudeau

I disagree with Ben Shapiro on loads of things. But I can't help but like him. He makes me howl with his sarcasm and replies to folk trying to be smart.

"

Agreed. His pieces on 'woke tik toks' are particularly funny

"If you listen to Jordan you should really check out Ben shapiro... On a side note I wholeheartedly agree with Jordan on his opinions on Justin trudeau

Yes, very much so agree on that"

Ben Shapiro?

w

This is very much my thinking as well, definitely losing the plot and becoming more extreme.

I think a low point was when he started ranting about the girl on sports illustrated and making sweeping statements about far girls not being sexy. Making definitive statements about something as subjective as who people find attractive just seemed weird and pointless."

He’s definitely dropped off

I don’t listen to his new stuff. I think he’s fallen off with mental health and is now just following extreme views for clicks

His early stuff, I think he’s spot i.

Dublin

"I think it was when JP argued from a modernist perspective, and used post modernist arguments, to try and argue that post-modernsim was the greatest evil that faced mankind was when I became convinced me that, while he sounded superficially smart, he was actually either as thick as pigshit, a total hypocrite, or just another grifter after your money and not worth listening to.

I’ll admit this is the first time I’ve heard of him but from what I’ve read he’s basically Andrew Tate with a thesaurus."

So this thread is the first time youve heard of him but youve formed an opinion based on this? Mother of God

Dublin

Yes, very much so agree on that

Ben Shapiro? "

Both. The checking out ben shapiro and JPs opinions on trudeau

near Putney Heath

"

Incels would not follow him. He's anti-porn what would they masturbate to? lol!

"I think it was when JP argued from a modernist perspective, and used post modernist arguments, to try and argue that post-modernsim was the greatest evil that faced mankind was when I became convinced me that, while he sounded superficially smart, he was actually either as thick as pigshit, a total hypocrite, or just another grifter after your money and not worth listening to.

I’ll admit this is the first time I’ve heard of him but from what I’ve read he’s basically Andrew Tate with a thesaurus.

So this thread is the first time youve heard of him but youve formed an opinion based on this? Mother of God "

I’ve formed an opinion based on what I’ve read about him since this thread was started (not on this thread). The people who seem to like him on this thread seem to be familiar faces on other controversial threads. Based on that information I have formed an opinion.

So this thread is the first time youve heard of him but youve formed an opinion based on this? Mother of God

I’ve formed an opinion based on what I’ve read about him since this thread was started (not on this thread). The people who seem to like him on this thread seem to be familiar faces on other "let's be dickheads" threads. Based on that information I have formed an opinion."

Better.

Dublin

I’ve formed an opinion based on what I’ve read about him since this thread was started (not on this thread). The people who seem to like him on this thread seem to be familiar faces on other controversial threads. Based on that information I have formed an opinion."

Fair enough.

I would suggest spending some time listening to him directly if you have any genuine interest in getting an educated opinion of him

Quite often reading about a person is only through the prism of someone else's view of that person. The same goes for the occasional quote taken, often out od context. The Skavlan interview i would recommend

near Putney Heath

"Ah, it’s just good old misogynistic views with a very thin veneer of respectability around it because he’s coated it in psychobabble.

but I like psycho-babble...if it weren't for psychobabble...this maverick would be dead.

Do you not prefer things to be clear and concise? "

Nope, if I wanted things to be clear, concise and simple...I wouldn't be the complicated Maverick that I am. I'm complex therefore I'm interested in complex things.

I’ve formed an opinion based on what I’ve read about him since this thread was started (not on this thread). The people who seem to like him on this thread seem to be familiar faces on other "let's be dickheads" threads. Based on that information I have formed an opinion.

Better. "

Much better. Thank you

Dublin

I’ve formed an opinion based on what I’ve read about him since this thread was started (not on this thread). The people who seem to like him on this thread seem to be familiar faces on other "let's be dickheads" threads. Based on that information I have formed an opinion.

Better. "

Im unsure why you appear to be so bitter in here but i wish you well anyway. And i hope you can open your mind a little bit more

Better.

Im unsure why you appear to be so bitter in here but i wish you well anyway. And i hope you can open your mind a little bit more"

Ah I'm good, my mind is very open thanks.

Dublin

Better.

Im unsure why you appear to be so bitter in here but i wish you well anyway. And i hope you can open your mind a little bit more

Ah I'm good, my mind is very open thanks. "

Ok. But labelling people dickheads because they dont share your opinions is a bit out of order to be honest and does nothing to help the discourse in here

Better.

Ah I'm good, my mind is very open thanks. "

Not too open mind. Sometimes your brain can fall out.

Better.

Ok. But labelling people dickheads because they dont share your opinions is a bit out of order to be honest and does nothing to help the discourse in here"

You can have your opinion, that does not make you a dickhead.

Better.

Not too open mind. Sometimes your brain can fall out."

Dam it, it happened again..

Shapiro?

Bloody hell

North West

Better.

Not too open mind. Sometimes your brain can fall out.

Dam it, it happened again.."

Is *this* a piece of your brain?

East London

Do you not prefer things to be clear and concise?

Nope, if I wanted things to be clear, concise and simple...I wouldn't be the complicated Maverick that I am. I'm complex therefore I'm interested in complex things. "

Psychobabble isn't complex in itself. If you can say something in 50 words you could have said in 10 you're babbling.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Forum filters at work again?

Enjoy the lecture OP

Whats Welk?

I meant 'well'. Typo

Oh right so how many children or is there a preferable limit?"

The concept of a a traditional nuclear family isn't something new or that Peterson invented. Perhaps Google?

near Putney Heath

"

Better. "

I'm certain people think I'm a d*ckhead. 1. I'm too honest 2. I suppress a lot of my reactions so they think I'm not interested or I don't care. 3. I refuse to do anything that is considered normal( I don't get d*unk. I don't do any unprescribed drug. I don't do bareback with multiples. I am on Fab with low libido. I don't work full time. I don't earn or spend loads of money unless it's a special occasion, my phone isn't permanently attached to me) but would jeopardise my mental health.

Add a few Bpd/Eupd/ASD/sensory traits and I'm too complex and probably a little scary. Can I stop being that kind of d*ckhead...not really...I can just be as polite as I can and walk away.

Enjoy the lecture OP

Whats Welk?

I meant 'well'. Typo

The concept of a a traditional nuclear family isn't something new or that Peterson invented. Perhaps Google?"

nah, Google didn't invent it.

Dublin

Enjoy the lecture OP

Whats Welk?

I meant 'well'. Typo

The concept of a a traditional nuclear family isn't something new or that Peterson invented. Perhaps Google?nah, Google didn't invent it. "

near Putney Heath

"

Psychobabble isn't complex in itself. If you can say something in 50 words you could have said in 10 you're babbling. "

Interesting view....I will save that for my psychotherapist next session and tell her that she wasted 5 years of uni and the last 18 months therapising me. because it only takes 10 words.....

I shall also tell my legal friends and family to stop writing 200 page documents.

Judges too! they go on forever! So much time and words could be saved!!

Enjoy the lecture OP

Whats Welk?

I meant 'well'. Typo

The concept of a a traditional nuclear family isn't something new or that Peterson invented. Perhaps Google?nah, Google didn't invent it. "

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

London & Europe

Shapiro?

Bloody hell"

My thoughts exactly, the master of the self-own!!

By *imAndBarbCouple  over a year ago

chester

He’s a complete nob! Talks quick to confuse the gullible. Total prick!

"He’s a complete nob! Talks quick to confuse the gullible. Total prick! "

No open minds here then.

No danger of brains falling out

Dublin

"He’s a complete nob! Talks quick to confuse the gullible. Total prick!

No open minds here then.

No danger of brains falling out "

Nope. Well and truly locked in brains there

Peterson is quite well regarded as an academic, whatever you think of his views he isn't a quack. He's got substance.

By *oudBeSurprisedMan  over a year ago

Fife

Enjoy the show.

And the claims of anti trans and misogyny are complete nonsense. He was arguing against the use of pronouns in compelled speech. I believe this related to a law that was about to be passed in Canada. I think his observations about men & women are, for the most part, spot on."

Spot on. He wasn't refusing to use pronouns. He was refusing to be compelled to use them. All of the "free speech" advocates should have agreed with him that you should not be compelled by law with regards to what words you can use.

His stance was that you can call yourself anything you want and he respects your right to do so but no one should be compelled by law to do the same.

It seems there is a certain demographic that demands free speech as long as the speech aligns with their views. If not, they ironically try to prevent you from speaking freely while calling you a fascist.

Shapiro?

Bloody hell

My thoughts exactly, the master of the self-own!! "

Is Jordan his student then on the self-own?

Dublin

Enjoy the show.

And the claims of anti trans and misogyny are complete nonsense. He was arguing against the use of pronouns in compelled speech. I believe this related to a law that was about to be passed in Canada. I think his observations about men & women are, for the most part, spot on.

Spot on. He wasn't refusing to use pronouns. He was refusing to be compelled to use them. All of the "free speech" advocates should have agreed with him that you should not be compelled by law with regards to what words you can use.

His stance was that you can call yourself anything you want and he respects your right to do so but no one should be compelled by law to do the same.

It seems there is a certain demographic that demands free speech as long as the speech aligns with their views. If not, they ironically try to prevent you from speaking freely while calling you a fascist. "

Excellently put

"Peterson is quite well regarded as an academic, whatever you think of his views he isn't a quack. He's got substance. "

Specifically in his field of psychology, yes.

East London

"

Psychobabble isn't complex in itself. If you can say something in 50 words you could have said in 10 you're babbling.

Interesting view....I will save that for my psychotherapist next session and tell her that she wasted 5 years of uni and the last 18 months therapising me. because it only takes 10 words.....

I shall also tell my legal friends and family to stop writing 200 page documents.

Judges too! they go on forever! So much time and words could be saved!!"

That isn't psychobabble. I've talked to psychiatrists too, and they didn't blind me with unnecessary words.

Having a long conversation is necessary. Adding jargon and unnecessary words isn't.

Judges don't psychobabble either.

North West

Enjoy the show.

It seems there is a certain demographic that demands free speech as long as the speech aligns with their views. If not, they ironically try to prevent you from speaking freely while calling you a fascist. "

If someone cannot be compelled to use the pronouns a person wishes to use, is it also the case that we are free to call people by whatever name we choose and cannot be compelled to use their preferred name?

Men called David who prefer Dave? No

Men called Anthony who prefer Tony? No

Women called Elizabeth who prefer Liz? No

Etc.

The pronouns we all use in our speech (him, her, they etc) are part of identifying a person:

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

Why should people be permitted to ride roughshod over the pronouns people wish to be addressed with? I don't understand. It's no more difficult than learning all the nicknames or preferred names of your associates, e.g. Stephen prefers Steve. Daniel prefers Dan but your other mate Daniel prefers Danny. Etc.

Dont know who he is

Googled him

Glad I dont know who he is

Dublin

Enjoy the show.

It seems there is a certain demographic that demands free speech as long as the speech aligns with their views. If not, they ironically try to prevent you from speaking freely while calling you a fascist.

If someone cannot be compelled to use the pronouns a person wishes to use, is it also the case that we are free to call people by whatever name we choose and cannot be compelled to use their preferred name?

Etc.

The pronouns we all use in our speech (him, her, they etc) are part of identifying a person:

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

Why should people be permitted to ride roughshod over the pronouns people wish to be addressed with? I don't understand. It's no more difficult than learning all the nicknames or preferred names of your associates, e.g. Stephen prefers Steve. Daniel prefers Dan but your other mate Daniel prefers Danny. Etc."

No comparison there. Names are whatever a person wants it to be. They arent dictionary defined.

Pronouns are indisputable established grammar.

North West

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

Why should people be permitted to ride roughshod over the pronouns people wish to be addressed with? I don't understand. It's no more difficult than learning all the nicknames or preferred names of your associates, e.g. Stephen prefers Steve. Daniel prefers Dan but your other mate Daniel prefers Danny. Etc.

No comparison there. Names are whatever a person wants it to be. They arent dictionary defined.

Pronouns are indisputable established grammar. "

And language is obviously completely fixed and never evolves and changes over time? Got it.

I'm sure all the words in the dictionary have been the same with unchanged definitions since the first dictionaries were written

East London

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

And language is obviously completely fixed and never evolves and changes over time? Got it.

I'm sure all the words in the dictionary have been the same with unchanged definitions since the first dictionaries were written "

Thou isteth noteth wronge.

I think a low point was when he started ranting about the girl on sports illustrated and making sweeping statements about far girls not being sexy. Making definitive statements about something as subjective as who people find attractive just seemed weird and pointless."

He was telling us all to stop being idiots and giving everyone the taking part trophy, what he is telling us to think about is can we be the best possible version of ourselves, both physically and mentally, rather than just congratulating everyone for giving ourselves a handy label and saying we are awesome,this forum post right here is exactly what he’s been warning about since day one, civilisations fall when the morality of men falter, in fighting, blurring of gender lines and polarisation, Rome, ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, all fell in similar ways because society became fractured and he’s been warning us about just that, now look at where we are, exactly as above, all of us keen to get our views in as this will validate us, not one of us qualified in any of it but because we are allowed a voice then surely we should be heard…. Dead wrong and we will reap what we sow

near Putney Heath

"Peterson is quite well regarded as an academic, whatever you think of his views he isn't a quack. He's got substance. "

Oh no not an academic....I think those are more hated than politicians to be honest. lol!

They write long winded psycho-babble books instead of giving snappy tik toks in ten words.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Whilst I admit I often enjoy some of the debates on here, the only thing I learned from this thread and a few similar ones that seem to pop up recently is that some people thrive on controversy and are often blinded by their own self importance. I am off to read the carrot thread instead. Have fun

I think a low point was when he started ranting about the girl on sports illustrated and making sweeping statements about far girls not being sexy. Making definitive statements about something as subjective as who people find attractive just seemed weird and pointless.

He was telling us all to stop being idiots and giving everyone the taking part trophy, what he is telling us to think about is can we be the best possible version of ourselves, both physically and mentally, rather than just congratulating everyone for giving ourselves a handy label and saying we are awesome,this forum post right here is exactly what he’s been warning about since day one, civilisations fall when the morality of men falter, in fighting, blurring of gender lines and polarisation, Rome, ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, all fell in similar ways because society became fractured and he’s been warning us about just that, now look at where we are, exactly as above, all of us keen to get our views in as this will validate us, not one of us qualified in any of it but because we are allowed a voice then surely we should be heard…. Dead wrong and we will reap what we sow "

I feel like I'm in that scene from 300 with Gerald Butler and I'm getting wound up to go kick someone's cunt in.

Think I'll have a chamomile tea.

North West

"Whilst I admit I often enjoy some of the debates on here, the only thing I learned from this thread and a few similar ones that seem to pop up recently is that some people thrive on controversy and are often blinded by their own self importance. I am off to read the carrot thread instead. Have fun "

Did you know, the natural colour of carrots is purple?

Fife

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

Why should people be permitted to ride roughshod over the pronouns people wish to be addressed with? I don't understand. It's no more difficult than learning all the nicknames or preferred names of your associates, e.g. Stephen prefers Steve. Daniel prefers Dan but your other mate Daniel prefers Danny. Etc."

There is a difference between respecting someone's wishes and law.

Personally, my mother always had a saying "who is she? The cat's mother?"

No one is compelled to call anyone anything and yes it is true you can call anyone anything and you are not compelled to use their preferred name. It is also true that it isn't law that you must. That is what he was against, "compelled by law". It isn't illegal to call David "Senga". He might not like it and but you can call David "Senga" if you choose. Just don't expect David to answer you.

Unfortunately, the times of everyone wanting to be treated equally is history. Some don't want equality. They just shout equality while wanting to stand out and be different. They want to be special. They want to be treated as special and different. "I want what you have but I also want more because I'm different"

"Names are whatever a person wants it to be. They arent dictionary defined.

Pronouns are indisputable established grammar. "

LOL sit down

"Peterson is quite well regarded as an academic, whatever you think of his views he isn't a quack. He's got substance.

Oh no not an academic....I think those are more hated than politicians to be honest. lol!

They write long winded psycho-babble books instead of giving snappy tik toks in ten words."

Erm you've just said lots of positive things about psycho babble? Regardless, academics are writing at a highly intellectual level - they're not appealing to the masses. Although Peterson has moved over to that. 12 things etc.

near Putney Heath

"

Judges too! they go on forever! So much time and words could be saved!!

That isn't psychobabble. I've talked to psychiatrists too, and they didn't blind me with unnecessary words.

Having a long conversation is necessary. Adding jargon and unnecessary words isn't.

Judges don't psychobabble either. "

A psychiatrist is different from a clinical psychologist is different from a psychotherapist. They are not all the same. If every time my therapist used jargon I had a hissy fit.....well I would have never completed the 18 months as recommended.

A lecturer uses jargon...that the nature of a lecturer...that's why they have a question and answer section at the end.

If you don't understand, ask a question or flat out tell them that you don't understand but to write it off completely as babble is for me a step too far.

He was telling us all to stop being idiots and giving everyone the taking part trophy, what he is telling us to think about is can we be the best possible version of ourselves, both physically and mentally, rather than just congratulating everyone for giving ourselves a handy label and saying we are awesome,this forum post right here is exactly what he’s been warning about since day one, civilisations fall when the morality of men falter, in fighting, blurring of gender lines and polarisation, Rome, ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia, all fell in similar ways because society became fractured and he’s been warning us about just that, now look at where we are, exactly as above, all of us keen to get our views in as this will validate us, not one of us qualified in any of it but because we are allowed a voice then surely we should be heard…. Dead wrong and we will reap what we sow

I feel like I'm in that scene from 300 with Gerald Butler and I'm getting wound up to go kick someone's cunt in.

Think I'll have a chamomile tea."

Mines Yorkshire tea left to stew and no sugar, I’m sweet enough thanks

Fife

"Names are whatever a person wants it to be. They arent dictionary defined.

LOL sit down "

That's not wrong though

North West

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

No one is compelled to call anyone anything and yes it is true you can call anyone anything and you are not compelled to use their preferred name. It is also true that it isn't law that you must. That is what he was against, "compelled by law". It isn't illegal to call David "Senga". He might not like it and but you can call David "Senga" if you choose. Just don't expect David to answer you.

Unfortunately, the times of everyone wanting to be treated equally is history. Some don't want equality. They just shout equality while wanting to stand out and be different. They want to be special. They want to be treated as special and different. "I want what you have but I also want more because I'm different""

I bet if a school, for example, started to call a child by a completely different name to the one the child was given at birth (e.g. a child christened Henry by parents is called Aethelred by teachers), would have a pretty good case for some sort of discrimination claim and the school would have to immediately revert to calling the child by the name given to them at birth. So, although in theory, there's no "law" that says you must call people by the name they choose, I'm also pretty certain that deliberately NOT using someone's given name on the regular would constitute some form of offence under the Equality Act or just in terms of bullying.

I speak as someone with an unusual first name who regularly had her name mispronounced or confused with other names at school, and on more than one occasion, was asked "was I sure" that my name was X and not Y by teachers. I never complained, but it was really upsetting actually. And I'm no "snowflake" to use a term beloved of the modern world.

Fife

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

I'm sure all the words in the dictionary have been the same with unchanged definitions since the first dictionaries were written "

I actually can't tell if this is a wind up.

By *mp411Man  over a year ago

chester

"He’s a complete nob! Talks quick to confuse the gullible. Total prick! "

Sounds like your confused by him

Fife

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

Unfortunately, the times of everyone wanting to be treated equally is history. Some don't want equality. They just shout equality while wanting to stand out and be different. They want to be special. They want to be treated as special and different. "I want what you have but I also want more because I'm different"

I bet if a school, for example, started to call a child by a completely different name to the one the child was given at birth (e.g. a child christened Henry by parents is called Aethelred by teachers), would have a pretty good case for some sort of discrimination claim and the school would have to immediately revert to calling the child by the name given to them at birth. So, although in theory, there's no "law" that says you must call people by the name they choose, I'm also pretty certain that deliberately NOT using someone's given name on the regular would constitute some form of offence under the Equality Act or just in terms of bullying.

I speak as someone with an unusual first name who regularly had her name mispronounced or confused with other names at school, and on more than one occasion, was asked "was I sure" that my name was X and not Y by teachers. I never complained, but it was really upsetting actually. And I'm no "snowflake" to use a term beloved of the modern world. "

You are most definitely 100% wrong.

The equality act covers the 5 protected characteristics and a person's name is not a protected characteristic.

It's difficult to have a reasonable discussion with someone that uses fantastical scenarios and uninformed viewpoints

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

I speak as someone with an unusual first name who regularly had her name mispronounced or confused with other names at school, and on more than one occasion, was asked "was I sure" that my name was X and not Y by teachers. I never complained, but it was really upsetting actually. And I'm no "snowflake" to use a term beloved of the modern world. "

Actually this has

happened one of my kids did want to change their name and the school asked me. It can't be changed for legal things such as GCSEs. But for every thing else - they were happy but I had to ok it. Which I was happy to do.

But the topic was more pronouns than names - the issue of using she for a male-bodied person for example. Compelled speech in the Canadian legislation was what Peterson argued about.

near Putney Heath

"Peterson is quite well regarded as an academic, whatever you think of his views he isn't a quack. He's got substance.

They write long winded psycho-babble books instead of giving snappy tik toks in ten words.

Erm you've just said lots of positive things about psycho babble? Regardless, academics are writing at a highly intellectual level - they're not appealing to the masses. Although Peterson has moved over to that. 12 things etc."

That's my dry sense of humour. Generally I find that most people hate talk of psychology and academics. Usually because they fear that they will get inside their mind and "trick" them or have more intelligence than them and trick them.

Personally I fear those people I watch on true crime shows. Academics and Mental health people? Nah...they don't know everything even in their field and the best ones admit it.

If people want to make judgements based on the popular media opinion, that's their right.

I was never like that. That's why I'm a Maverick. I always go against popular opinion but not in a vulgar way and definitely not by calling people names.

I just do my own thing. Low libido on a swingers site and all.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Ho. Sad, tired specimen of our species. There's so much to learn in life but his piffle aint part of it for me.

"

Ben Shapiro? "

Basically a far right authoritarian bootlicker who claims to be a libertarian - and while BS has all the teenage sociopathic traits you expect from a libertarian - he's anything but

check out youtube for the book review of his pant wettingly bad novel True Allegiance

it's hilarious

Hilariously badly written far right propaganda novel where the "hero" nukes NeW York because muslims and liberals

I'm not kidding

Erm you've just said lots of positive things about psycho babble? Regardless, academics are writing at a highly intellectual level - they're not appealing to the masses. Although Peterson has moved over to that. 12 things etc.

That's my dry sense of humour. Generally I find that most people hate talk of psychology and academics. Usually because they fear that they will get inside their mind and "trick" them or have more intelligence than them and trick them.

Personally I fear those people I watch on true crime shows. Academics and Mental health people? Nah...they don't know everything even in their field and the best ones admit it.

If people want to make judgements based on the popular media opinion, that's their right.

I was never like that. That's why I'm a Maverick. I always go against popular opinion but not in a vulgar way and definitely not by calling people names.

I just do my own thing. Low libido on a swingers site and all."

Right.

near Putney Heath

You know it is deep down. Lol! This thread will be closed soon so dont' worry about it.

Dublin

"

Ben Shapiro?

Basically a far right authoritarian bootlicker who claims to be a libertarian - and while BS has all the teenage sociopathic traits you expect from a libertarian - he's anything but

check out youtube for the book review of his pant wettingly bad novel True Allegiance

it's hilarious

Hilariously badly written far right propaganda novel where the "hero" nukes NeW York because muslims and liberals

I'm not kidding"

I always rather read things directly or listen to people directly, rather than someone elses thoughts or 'reviews' on that person

North West

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

I speak as someone with an unusual first name who regularly had her name mispronounced or confused with other names at school, and on more than one occasion, was asked "was I sure" that my name was X and not Y by teachers. I never complained, but it was really upsetting actually. And I'm no "snowflake" to use a term beloved of the modern world.

Actually this has

happened one of my kids did want to change their name and the school asked me. It can't be changed for legal things such as GCSEs. But for every thing else - they were happy but I had to ok it. Which I was happy to do.

But the topic was more pronouns than names - the issue of using she for a male-bodied person for example. Compelled speech in the Canadian legislation was what Peterson argued about. "

I don't mean the child or a person choosing to change their name. I'm referring to a situation where someone (a teacher, in my example) decides not to call a child by their name and just decides to use a completely different name. For example, instead of Henry, they decide to use Aethelred. This stems from the earlier point or question really about why it's okay that we (society) should not be compelled to use the pronoun words people wish for us to use, and I compared that to using a person's preferred name. Is it okay for me to flatly refused to call my friend Dan when his "proper" name is Daniel? Or insist on only called my friend Elizabeth by the full name, not her preferred "Liz"? And if that's not okay, why the difference with "chosen" pronouns? If my friend Sam wishes me to use they, it's absolutely no skin off my nose, just as it's no skin off my nose to remember they prefer "Sam" and not Samantha or Samuel.

"

You know it is deep down. Lol! This thread will be closed soon so dont' worry about it."

Why will the thread get closed?

"

You know it is deep down. Lol! This thread will be closed soon so dont' worry about it.

Why will the thread get closed? "

It's on 157 posts

near Putney Heath

"

Why will the thread get closed? "

because the quotes and re quotes are getting too long.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Enjoy the show.

I will thank you and I agree, youre spot on about that proposed law in canada and his reaction to it at the time. "

Except that on this issue, which led to his rise to fame and considerable fortune, he lied his head off. All that happened in the Canadian law was a change to the list of protected groups to include trans people. All his stuff about people being compelled to use pronouns or become criminals was a lie, but right-wing transphobes loved it and absolutely lapped it up. He was openly and blatantly lying.

"

It's on 157 posts "

Tick tock

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

"I’d rather poke my own eyes out!"

Agreed - and stick knives in my ears.

I'm not sure if it's his pandering to incels, appeasing the so-called alt-right, sexism, Islamophobia, transphobia, or lying about his own addiction issues that bothers me the most.

Or it might even just be that he is nowhere near as smart as he or his fans think he is. He doesn't even get lobsters right!

Fife

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

Actually this has

But the topic was more pronouns than names - the issue of using she for a male-bodied person for example. Compelled speech in the Canadian legislation was what Peterson argued about. "

Its perfectly legal. I changed my name when I was 11. For decades, the name on my birth certificate was not the name on my passport, my NI number, my bank accounts or anything other than my birth certificate. All I needed was a Justice of the peace to sign a document and it made my name change legal.

I have since changed it on my birth certificate.

That being said, no one is legally compelled to call me by that or any other name. Not unless I could argue that not doing so is hate speech but that is a completely different argument to free speech.

near Putney Heath

"

Ben Shapiro?

it's hilarious

I'm not kidding

I always rather read things directly or listen to people directly, rather than someone elses thoughts or 'reviews' on that person "

Yeah I find that weird too when people who are not in mental health review public personalities. I'd rather watch a documentary on Ghislane Maxwell.

Dublin

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

Actually this has

But the topic was more pronouns than names - the issue of using she for a male-bodied person for example. Compelled speech in the Canadian legislation was what Peterson argued about.

I don't mean the child or a person choosing to change their name. I'm referring to a situation where someone (a teacher, in my example) decides not to call a child by their name and just decides to use a completely different name. For example, instead of Henry, they decide to use Aethelred. This stems from the earlier point or question really about why it's okay that we (society) should not be compelled to use the pronoun words people wish for us to use, and I compared that to using a person's preferred name. Is it okay for me to flatly refused to call my friend Dan when his "proper" name is Daniel? Or insist on only called my friend Elizabeth by the full name, not her preferred "Liz"? And if that's not okay, why the difference with "chosen" pronouns? If my friend Sam wishes me to use they, it's absolutely no skin off my nose, just as it's no skin off my nose to remember they prefer "Sam" and not Samantha or Samuel. "

Yes we all absolutely agree its no skin of your nose, nor ours. And chances are of sam asked us as a friend, we would all probably happily use whatever pronoun he preferred.

However e, to think this should be compelled by law is just beyond the pale

Tick

"

because the quotes and re quotes are getting too long."

That's not a reason a post is removed I don't think.

Tock

"Tock "

Goes the clock

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

"

That's not a reason a post is removed I don't think. "

Posts get locked at 175 replies

Dublin

"Tock "

If you dont like the thread you could always just ignore it you know. That would be the mature way of acting

North West

I'm pretty sure that if I decided against using the given name of one of my staff, and started to use a completely different one, or even decided I'd call Anthony just that, and not Tony, if they were so minded, could have a complaint upheld for bullying. I fail to understand why "chosen" names are any different to chosen pronouns.

Anyway, I'm obviously in the minority on here, so I'm going to hobble away and cry snowflakes tears into my pillow

This has been very informative.

"

That's not a reason a post is removed I don't think.

Posts get locked at 175 replies "

I know but this person said this thread will be removed and the reason given was because the reply and quotes were too long that will not be the case.

"I'm pretty sure that if I decided against using the given name of one of my staff, and started to use a completely different one, or even decided I'd call Anthony just that, and not Tony, if they were so minded, could have a complaint upheld for bullying. I fail to understand why "chosen" names are any different to chosen pronouns.

Anyway, I'm obviously in the minority on here, so I'm going to hobble away and cry snowflakes tears into my pillow "

See Marty Usman.

Enjoy the show.

Etc.

"Is that Mrs KC?"

"Yes, that's her"

Actually this has

I don't mean the child or a person choosing to change their name. I'm referring to a situation where someone (a teacher, in my example) decides not to call a child by their name and just decides to use a completely different name. For example, instead of Henry, they decide to use Aethelred. This stems from the earlier point or question really about why it's okay that we (society) should not be compelled to use the pronoun words people wish for us to use, and I compared that to using a person's preferred name. Is it okay for me to flatly refused to call my friend Dan when his "proper" name is Daniel? Or insist on only called my friend Elizabeth by the full name, not her preferred "Liz"? And if that's not okay, why the difference with "chosen" pronouns? If my friend Sam wishes me to use they, it's absolutely no skin off my nose, just as it's no skin off my nose to remember they prefer "Sam" and not Samantha or Samuel. "

I don't wish to hijack the thread, but I disagree with compelled speech. Using pronouns for some is seen as agreeing with gender ideology. (That's not my objection, I am just giving one reason why some people don't agree)

Dublin

"I'm pretty sure that if I decided against using the given name of one of my staff, and started to use a completely different one, or even decided I'd call Anthony just that, and not Tony, if they were so minded, could have a complaint upheld for bullying. I fail to understand why "chosen" names are any different to chosen pronouns.

Anyway, I'm obviously in the minority on here, so I'm going to hobble away and cry snowflakes tears into my pillow "

There may be a case under employment law under some bullying heading perhaps.

But that's completely different to civil law

"

Ben Shapiro?

it's hilarious

I'm not kidding

I always rather read things directly or listen to people directly, rather than someone elses thoughts or 'reviews' on that person "

Please do - after listening to the hilarious reviews of True Allegience - I went and bought it - the scathing reviews don't do justice to just how bad it is and how it distills the death cult that the far right really is.

I'm kind of ashamed to have been one of the few to have given a *N-word* (not the N-word with a G but the n-word with a Z) my money - but it's an amazing look into how they think the world should work and how things like law and justice should work (become a terrorist and nuke cities if you're offended)

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

Ben Shapiro?

it's hilarious

I'm not kidding"

Why do I suspect that at some point a really bad straight to TV movie will be made of that, starring as the hero that grade A arsehole Dan Bilzerian...

A