FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is this reality a simulation????

Is this reality a simulation????

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aulj69 OP   Man  over a year ago

dunstable

Hey all you lovely people, not posted my own topic for a while but something caught my eye recently. Apparently the odds are now 50/50 on the reality we live in being a simulation....Thoughts please if you will, oh the processor speed is the speed of light BTW?.. Tachyon anyone? Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

What's the basis for positing 50/50 odds?

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

Religion by another name.

By *an de LyonMan  over a year ago

welling

"Hey all you lovely people, not posted my own topic for a while but something caught my eye recently. Apparently the odds are now 50/50 on the reality we live in being a simulation....Thoughts please if you will, oh the processor speed is the speed of light BTW?.. Tachyon anyone? Xx"

Those 50/50 odds are frankly ridiculous without some sort of methodology to back it up

By *eisty LadyWoman  over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

If that’s the case I want the controller to stop chucking shit at me

By *aulj69 OP   Man  over a year ago

dunstable

"Hey all you lovely people, not posted my own topic for a while but something caught my eye recently. Apparently the odds are now 50/50 on the reality we live in being a simulation....Thoughts please if you will, oh the processor speed is the speed of light BTW?.. Tachyon anyone? Xx

Google the latest odds there are plenty of scientific articles from respected scholars, it's quite deep and you need a basic understanding of physics but it certainly explains many things to me I've been pondering. X

Those 50/50 odds are frankly ridiculous without some sort of methodology to back it up"

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I have come across this hypothesis before, unfortunately cannot remember the details of the argument. Something to do with the total number of people that have lived so far versus the potential total number of human beings before the universe becomes uninhabitable, and the supposition that there will be a point where some future form of "computer" (likely something unrecognisably beyond what we currently think of as computers) could host simulated consciousnesses with 100% veracity. It's basically another form of the solipsism hypothesis. By definition the hypothesis is unfalsifiable.

The question that one has to ask oneself is, philosophically, if reality looks real, feels real, and by definition could not be proved to be unreal, is there any benefit from assuming it is anything other than real?

» Add a new message to this topic