FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Getting older :)

Getting older :)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

B38

I see posts from men asking if they are over the hill at a certain age cause they are blocked etc.

I am a woman of a certain age...over 55. I really don't like it. I don't dwell on it but I hate the changes to my body, the wrinkles, the bloody menopause!

I am not even bothered If age gets me blocked.

Does getting older bother you?

Have you lost confidence because of it?

Are you conscious of your aging?

It never bothered me in my 40's but that is exactly old is it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"I see posts from men asking if they are over the hill at a certain age cause they are blocked etc.

I am a woman of a certain age...over 55. I really don't like it. I don't dwell on it but I hate the changes to my body, the wrinkles, the bloody menopause!

"

Ah, sweetie. I hear you! I'll be 55 next month & I hate the effects menopause has had on my skin - wrinkles, lack of tone, saggy jowls! The only good thing is that my libido is through the roof

I've seen you in the flesh, though, and you look bloody stunning & still turn heads so don't despair x

By *anBerksMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

Unless anyone finds the fountain of youth, discovers an anti-ageing serum, or stumbles across a time machine, we’re all going to age so might as well embrace it and grow old gracefully (or maybe even disgracefully)

B38

"I see posts from men asking if they are over the hill at a certain age cause they are blocked etc.

Ah, sweetie. I hear you! I'll be 55 next month & I hate the effects menopause has had on my skin - wrinkles, lack of tone, saggy jowls! The only good thing is that my libido is through the roof

I've seen you in the flesh, though, and you look bloody stunning & still turn heads so don't despair x"

Ah Red you are a sweetheart

Is it pretty crap tbf.

And you my lovely are gorgeous and now with a high libido. Glad to see there was a positive xx

By *teve 69Man  over a year ago

leicester

[Removed by poster at 27/08/22 16:37:45]

Wirral.

"Unless anyone finds the fountain of youth, discovers an anti-ageing serum, or stumbles across a time machine, we’re all going to age so might as well embrace it and grow old gracefully (or maybe even disgracefully)

"

I'm trying my best to do it disgracefully, Dan.

B38

"Unless anyone finds the fountain of youth, discovers an anti-ageing serum, or stumbles across a time machine, we’re all going to age so might as well embrace it and grow old gracefully (or maybe even disgracefully)

"

Disgracefully for me for there is no other way

By *ilffadMan  over a year ago

swansea

You look pretty hot to me!

Age is just a number x

"

By *teve 69Man  over a year ago

leicester

Annabel ,wow you are so fit !!!

Wirral.

I've seen you in the flesh, though, and you look bloody stunning & still turn heads so don't despair x

Is it pretty crap tbf.

And you my lovely are gorgeous and now with a high libido. Glad to see there was a positive xx"

Have you tried HRT yet? I think that helped with feeling down - not so much with the hot flushes. But it's more fun to have hot flushes through hot sex than anything else xx

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

Ill health bothers me. Felt old for years.

By *razzyhorseMan  over a year ago

cambridge

No one likes getting old but it's better than the alternative.

As ever, life is what you make it and age is just another factor that has to be added.

It will only matter if you think it matters.

Get old and carry on regardless. Make every second count and enjoy every single moment

By *rofessor ElementalMan  over a year ago

Durham

At 58 starting to see Ageism taking it toll as people treat me differently. I’ll continue to grow old disgracefully.

B38

Is it pretty crap tbf.

And you my lovely are gorgeous and now with a high libido. Glad to see there was a positive xx

Have you tried HRT yet? I think that helped with feeling down - not so much with the hot flushes. But it's more fun to have hot flushes through hot sex than anything else xx

"

Yes...I'm on HRT have been for ages... didn't help with libido though. It definitely did with my emotions.

That reminds me went to fill a repeat prescription and the chemiar was out of stock. They didn't seem to know when they'd be back.

Be careful not to let yours run out

We may be on different HRT but still keep your eye on it xx

B38

"At 58 starting to see Ageism taking it toll as people treat me differently. I’ll continue to grow old disgracefully. "

It sucks and not in a good way

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

In general I'm not bothered by being old but there are aspects I don't like.

By *oeofsussexMan  over a year ago

Eastbourne

OP I’m a decade behind you and I find aging very upsetting. The old adage that youth is wasted on the young is so true! I wish I had let my hair down in my 20’s and not denied myself every pleasure I should have done just to please my parents. If only I could turn the clock back! But I can’t!

However, from where I’m standing, a cursory glance through your photos and seriously, you don’t look anything like 55! You’re a stunner and look easily 20 years younger! I assure you I for one will most definitely not be blocking you! Whatever you’re doing, keep doing - it works!

xx

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

I don’t mind aging so much as I am just popping in some surgeries to slow it down etc.

Try eat well stay fit / look after your skin and have a good mental attitude to life you will age ok imo . Plus if people have the means then absolutely smash in some tweaks from a good surgeon or odd fillers to replump aging areas

B38

"No one likes getting old but it's better than the alternative.

As ever, life is what you make it and age is just another factor that has to be added.

Get old and carry on regardless. Make every second count and enjoy every single moment "

Yes...I completely get the sentiment.

By *ickdasterdly51Man  over a year ago

Lingfield

I'm 62 and what bothers me is that time is running out to do the things I want to do. I want to travel far more and ride my bike more. However I know that in ten years time I spent have the energy to travel as widely and certainly won't have much energy for a bike ride. That ten years will pass very quickly. I can only hope my sex drive diminishes as well!

B38

"In general I'm not bothered by being old but there are aspects I don't like.

"

Its the 'aspects' I don't like

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"No one likes getting old but it's better than the alternative.

Get old and carry on regardless. Make every second count and enjoy every single moment

Yes...I completely get the sentiment.

"

absolutely ... enjoy your life in every way you can

B38

"I'm 62 and what bothers me is that time is running out to do the things I want to do. I want to travel far more and ride my bike more. However I know that in ten years time I spent have the energy to travel as widely and certainly won't have much energy for a bike ride. That ten years will pass very quickly. I can only hope my sex drive diminishes as well!"

It is staggering how fast time seems to speed up.

Gravesend

Its the 'aspects' I don't like "

I don't like getting my arse pecked either

B38

"I don’t mind aging so much as I am just popping in some surgeries to slow it down etc.

Try eat well stay fit / look after your skin and have a good mental attitude to life you will age ok imo . Plus if people have the means then absolutely smash in some tweaks from a good surgeon or odd fillers to replump aging areas "

Hook me up...I'm so in. Do they do credit

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple  over a year ago

Debauchery

There are a few things that bother me about being older, all of them though are trivial in the grand scheme of people’s problems.

I try to be positive generally and body wise I’m probably in the best shape I’ve ever been in. Not consciously because of my age though, just because it’s good for me.

Hades

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Annabelle ......gotta say WOW you have nothing to worry about sweets x gawgus and stunning x

B38

"OP I’m a decade behind you and I find aging very upsetting. The old adage that youth is wasted on the young is so true! I wish I had let my hair down in my 20’s and not denied myself every pleasure I should have done just to please my parents. If only I could turn the clock back! But I can’t!

However, from where I’m standing, a cursory glance through your photos and seriously, you don’t look anything like 55! You’re a stunner and look easily 20 years younger! I assure you I for one will most definitely not be blocking you! Whatever you’re doing, keep doing - it works!

xx"

A decade younger....excuse me While I get poised to slap you

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

"I don’t mind aging so much as I am just popping in some surgeries to slow it down etc.

Try eat well stay fit / look after your skin and have a good mental attitude to life you will age ok imo . Plus if people have the means then absolutely smash in some tweaks from a good surgeon or odd fillers to replump aging areas

Hook me up...I'm so in. Do they do credit "

Most do offer plans if you meet the requirements

Though equally just get a nice older chap that wants to pamper you

B38

Its the 'aspects' I don't like I don't like getting my arse pecked either "

Now about slapped

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

It doesn't bother me, it's part of life. I'm happy to grow old disgracefully

B38

"Annabelle ......gotta say WOW you have nothing to worry about sweets x gawgus and stunning x"

Thanks but I'm not worried as such ...I just hate it

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

I'm almost 59, but until recently I've never felt old, and that was due to a work colleague telling me that at my age I'm in the third trimester of my life

B38

"I'm almost 59, but until recently I've never felt old, and that was due to a work colleague telling me that at my age I'm in the third trimester of my life "

The cheek of it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Its the 'aspects' I don't like "

. I don't know what to tell you. I get thoroughly pissed off with people adding 'still' and 'for your age' to sentences when they're talking to me. I'm tired of the beauty industry making age out to be a bad thing 'age defying' 'anti aging' 'fight the seven signs of aging'. I feel cross when they refer to an older woman as having 'lost her looks'. Take HRT so you're still sexy.

All of that and more adds up to make women regret their age instead of celebrating their wisdom, experience, beauty and knowledge. It also perpetuates the myth that our only value exists in being attractive to men.

Now before someone tells me to "calm down dear" I'll breathe and apply another layer of miracle cream

B38

"It doesn't bother me, it's part of life. I'm happy to grow old disgracefully "

Yes...it's the only way to go x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I'm not old but I feel physically about 95. The prospect of being like this or worse for another 50 years or more frankly fills me with dread. I'm fit enough for now to push my arse around by wheelchair but what happens when I lose that? What then? These are the thoughts I have a suppress because otherwise I lose the plot.

B38

. I don't know what to tell you. I get thoroughly pissed off with people adding 'still' and 'for your age' to sentences when they're talking to me. I'm tired of the beauty industry making age out to be a bad thing 'age defying' 'anti aging' 'fight the seven signs of aging'. I feel cross when they refer to an older woman as having 'lost her looks'. Take HRT so you're still sexy.

All of that and more adds up to make women regret their age instead of celebrating their wisdom, experience, beauty and knowledge. It also perpetuates the myth that our only value exists in being attractive to men.

Now before someone tells me to "calm down dear" I'll breathe and apply another layer of miracle cream

"

I get it...I do. I wouldn't dream of telling you to calm down.

And that.,.. you're 'still' remark...it is not a compliment to me.

B38

"I'm not old but I feel physically about 95. The prospect of being like this or worse for another 50 years or more frankly fills me with dread. I'm fit enough for now to push my arse around by wheelchair but what happens when I lose that? What then? These are the thoughts I have a suppress because otherwise I lose the plot. "

They are heavy thoughts x

B38

For me it's not about If someone fancies me. Its about me liking what I see.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

On here my age has never been an issue so it doesn't bother me.

I'm happy to take pics and never think of lying about my age because I'm proud of how I look.

It has been a shitty year so far healthwise and although that's not age related I'd just like to get back to where I was this time last year.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

And that.,.. you're 'still' remark...it is not a compliment to me."

I try to accept myself as I am, I'm aging it's obvious I don't 100% accept it mostly because from the cradle I've been told it's bad and should be concealed if possible with longer sleeves, higher necks, concealer etc.

I saw a woman yesterday in her late 70s in fairly short shorts and a tee shirt, she looked bloomin fantastic, if I'd been closer to her I'd have told her.

The thing is we have to accept ourselves I think. I'm still going to dye my hair though

B38

I try to accept myself as I am, I'm aging it's obvious I don't 100% accept it mostly because from the cradle I've been told it's bad and should be concealed if possible with longer sleeves, higher necks, concealer etc.

I saw a woman yesterday in her late 70s in fairly short shorts and a tee shirt, she looked bloomin fantastic, if I'd been closer to her I'd have told her.

The thing is we have to accept ourselves I think. I'm still going to dye my hair though

"

I agree with what you say. And good for the 70 yr old...love that. That'll be me.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

"OP I’m a decade behind you and I find aging very upsetting. The old adage that youth is wasted on the young is so true! I wish I had let my hair down in my 20’s and not denied myself every pleasure I should have done just to please my parents. If only I could turn the clock back! But I can’t!

xx"

I can relate to this!! I did a lot to please my parents!! I was so compliant throughout my teens and until I reach late 30’s.

I hate the effects of ageing though, the only solace is that the people that matter the most are all at similar stages of life. We’re all going through the same things and can wallow in it or laugh about it!

Although at 55, OP, you’re looking fabulous!!!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I agree with what you say. And good for the 70 yr old...love that. That'll be me. "

I'm really happy to hear that. It'll be me too. Her partner was with her in knee length shorts and a short sleeved shirt. They looked a very attractive couple.

B38

"On here my age has never been an issue so it doesn't bother me.

I'm happy to take pics and never think of lying about my age because I'm proud of how I look.

It has been a shitty year so far healthwise and although that's not age related I'd just like to get back to where I was this time last year. "

Obviously I took a peak at your pics

I hope that things turn around for you, health wise x

B38

I agree with what you say. And good for the 70 yr old...love that. That'll be me.

I'm really happy to hear that. It'll be me too. Her partner was with her in knee length shorts and a short sleeved shirt. They looked a very attractive couple.

"

That will be you and Mr

We'll give each other a knowing look at such time should oir paths cross

Growing old is a privilege that many don't attain . Live life to the full and embrace each wrinkle.. it shows you have lived. Then go out and live some more . 62 and growing old disgracefully

Forum Mod

East Sussex

That will be you and Mr

We'll give each other a knowing look at such time should oir paths cross "

And a high five

B38

That will be you and Mr

We'll give each other a knowing look at such time should oir paths cross

And a high five "

Yes, definitely

I feel better now...thanks x

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Also Annabelle I've just looked at your gallery. Love your outfits, footwear and poses. You look great

.still and for your age

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

The years keep rolling up and I am now into my 82nd year.

My mind is quite active and tells me I can do various things,

Sadly however my consultant tells me to ignore what the mind says and to listen to my body, which at the present time is almost on the verge of giving up on me.

Retirement home beckons?

B38

"Also Annabelle I've just looked at your gallery. Love your outfits, footwear and poses. You look great

.still and for your age "

Thanks...I think

By *reenline49Man  over a year ago

Ashwell

Age is just a number. Life is very short in the scheme of things so we should make the most of it whilst we can!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The years keep rolling up and I am now into my 82nd year.

Sadly however my consultant tells me to ignore what the mind says and to listen to my body, which at the present time is almost on the verge of giving up on me.

Retirement home beckons? "

you're very vital and interested in everything

B38

Retirement home beckons? "

The mind and body can definitely be at odds with each other

82 eh! Whatever is next for you,I wish you well xx

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I am probably more confident and look better than I ever did in my teens and even 20s.

B38

"Age is just a number. Life is very short in the scheme of things so we should make the most of it whilst we can!"

I know this to be true

B38

"I am probably more confident and look better than I ever did in my teens and even 20s."

For me too in terms of confidence.

With all the sexy images here, with the possibility of actual interaction with those gorgeous bodies grabbing our attention (you included OP), it has to be disheartening to realise that even though they're right there, they are still out of reach.

Whatever may be holding us back, though I imagine age being the most difficult to accept, as it suddenly changes in an instant.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Retirement home beckons?

you're very vital and interested in everything "

I don't mean that in a patronising way either

B38

"With all the sexy images here, with the possibility of actual interaction with those gorgeous bodies grabbing our attention (you included OP), it has to be disheartening to realise that even though they're right there, they are still out of reach.

Whatever may be holding us back, though I imagine age being the most difficult to accept, as it suddenly changes in an instant.

"

Yes.. and also cannot be changed.

By *o scandalousWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I am feeling lonely these days. Looking round and everyone I know has their someone (even the ones I wouldn’t touch with someone else’s barge pole have someone). I struggle to get a meet on here with someone that I’d actually want to do anything with.

Wasted time on people not worth the effort, and now I feel age is against me….

Retirement home beckons?

you're very vital and interested in everything "

Thank you,

Someone once told me, do not tell anyone you are retired and don't tell them you have an estate car and you will have a quite life. Trouble with me is that when anyone wants a favour I cannot say no.

If I were horse I wouuld have been put down years ago.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

well anabelle just had a peek at you,, fantastic figure, as for age as long as your fit and healthy its just a number to me,,

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I'm aware of age related changes

But since there's nothing I can really do about them beyond a few lifestyle tweaks, I just get on with doing things that bring me joy

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

One thing I appreciate with age is 'not giving a damn!' and growing old disgracefully...is that two things? I can't remember...must be an age thing

Don't like it at all but...it's a lot better than the alternative!

I also think we're lucky to live at a time when us 'older' folk can still go out and get up to all sorts of shenanigans with more social acceptance than in the past. I see people in their 60s, 70s and beyond being incredibly active and adventurous, so bring it on.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

No not at all I'm 65 and loving life and how I'm aging gracefully! Only downside is less years left to enjoy life x

By *ietsenmakerMan  over a year ago

Hartford

"

I'm 63.... having fun with a 69 yr old

"I am feeling lonely these days. Looking round and everyone I know has their someone (even the ones I wouldn’t touch with someone else’s barge pole have someone). I struggle to get a meet on here with someone that I’d actually want to do anything with.

Wasted time on people not worth the effort, and now I feel age is against me…. "

I'm so sorry to read this, I hope your happy is just around the next corner.

Gravesend

Its the 'aspects' I don't like I don't like getting my arse pecked either

Now about slapped "

Wiggle

By *unx2019Couple  over a year ago

Moray

We all get old and nothing can do about it. Just have grin and bear it and carry on and I'm 60 this year ?????

"

I'm 70 and still get loads of messages, but I do wonder how much longer I've got here

No fucks given whatsoever about my age..... embrace it because the other option is ...... well, not getting any older

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Retirement home beckons?

Thank you,

Someone once told me, do not tell anyone you are retired and don't tell them you have an estate car and you will have a quite life. Trouble with me is that when anyone wants a favour I cannot say no.

If I were horse I wouuld have been put down years ago. "

Oh

I can't wait for my pension. Not long now and a bus pass.

By *ad boy maverickMan  over a year ago

basildon

"

Bloody hate it. In my mind I'm still 30 & in my prime but the body is slowing down and I'm having to work hard to keep my weight down and exercise harder. 58 this year. And everyone thinks your past it. Experience counts for nothing

"

Well I think you look stunning

Gravesend

Retirement home beckons?

Thank you,

Oh

I can't wait for my pension. Not long now and a bus pass. "

Same here ...only five days time

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Retirement home beckons?

Thank you,

Oh

Same here ...only five days time "

Oo congratulations.

By *o scandalousWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I am feeling lonely these days. Looking round and everyone I know has their someone (even the ones I wouldn’t touch with someone else’s barge pole have someone). I struggle to get a meet on here with someone that I’d actually want to do anything with.

Wasted time on people not worth the effort, and now I feel age is against me….

I'm so sorry to read this, I hope your happy is just around the next corner. "

Thank you. So do I.

Am fifty seven not arsed it is what it is I’m not unfit work forty eight hours a week go the gym twice a week for anger management

By *orthmanMan  over a year ago

Kendal

At 60, having lost a couple of kilos compared to my profile picture and trimmed my chest jungle a bit I have started modelling for life drawing classes. Does wonders for confidence and the comments are only ever good. None of the artists are going to tell you that you look terrible!

I’m not bothered about getting older just hate this feckin menopause

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I would love to grow old disgustingly disgracefully, problem is at 60, my choices are very limited

By *ixenforfunWoman  over a year ago

banes mask

Turning 40 in the not so distant future and im dreading it

By *ad boy maverickMan  over a year ago

basildon

"Turning 40 in the not so distant future and im dreading it "

What part of turning 40 are you dreading ?

By *an de LyonMan  over a year ago

welling

"

Yep fucking hate it. Have spent most of my life as a fat cunt, wonder how things might have been different if I’d been on the odd diet. Drifted through life, wish I had had more ambition. Feel like I have let opportunities slip through my fingers, invested money instead of pissing it up a wall, a life of coulda-woulda-shoulda, discovered everything too late

Retirement home beckons?

Thank you,

Oh

I can't wait for my pension. Not long now and a bus pass. "

You got busses where you live then? You are lucky

I'm noticing skin changes now

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"

Yes, I'm conscious of my aging. I'm 43 and remember when that number felt an absolute lifetime away. But it arrived before I knew it!

On glass half empty days I notice every grey hair and wrinkle and can feel very much middle-aged, and even quite scared by how quickly time passes (sorry if that's a bit heavy!). But on better days I'm grateful I'm still healthy and can still do everything I want to do, and know I've still got a lot of living to do!

North West

Yes, I'm conscious of my aging. I'm 43 and remember when that number felt an absolute lifetime away. But it arrived before I knew it!

On glass half empty days I notice every grey hair and wrinkle and can feel very much middle-aged, and even quite scared by how quickly time passes (sorry if that's a bit heavy!). But on better days I'm grateful I'm still healthy and can still do everything I want to do, and know I've still got a lot of living to do! "

If it helps, you certainly do NOT look middle aged and any grey hairs are not visible to the casual observer.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I don't think I'll worry about getting older in terms of hair going grey, or wrinkles to my skin but what does worry me is ensuring I'm doing things right now to ensure my everyday health is good when I'm older and not needing a cocktail of meds to get me through the day.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

On glass half empty days I notice every grey hair and wrinkle and can feel very much middle-aged, and even quite scared by how quickly time passes (sorry if that's a bit heavy!). But on better days I'm grateful I'm still healthy and can still do everything I want to do, and know I've still got a lot of living to do!

If it helps, you certainly do NOT look middle aged and any grey hairs are not visible to the casual observer."

Thank you. Doing the bank transfer now.

D’ya know, I’m loving getting older. I give fewer fucks about the trivial things that used to make me rage. I’m getting more n more mellow as time passes.

I’m not bothered by age filters excluding me.

The only minor gripe is physical…..I still act like my body is 20 years younger, and the reality is humbling sometimes.

Derby

If it helps, you certainly do NOT look middle aged and any grey hairs are not visible to the casual observer."

I agree with this. You look way younger than you are dude, and like you say, having your health is really the most important thing

By *un and Frolics 1Woman  over a year ago

Lincoln

I am 68 and age is but a number there are younger men to want to meet older ladies

"I don't think I'll worry about getting older in terms of hair going grey, or wrinkles to my skin but what does worry me is ensuring I'm doing things right now to ensure my everyday health is good when I'm older and not needing a cocktail of meds to get me through the day."

Keeping fit in your 20s and 30s is a fantastic investment in your future.

North West

If it helps, you certainly do NOT look middle aged and any grey hairs are not visible to the casual observer.

Thank you. Doing the bank transfer now. "

I only deal in the truth

North West

"I don't think I'll worry about getting older in terms of hair going grey, or wrinkles to my skin but what does worry me is ensuring I'm doing things right now to ensure my everyday health is good when I'm older and not needing a cocktail of meds to get me through the day.

Keeping fit in your 20s and 30s is a fantastic investment in your future. "

But even then, random shit can still happen

But yeah, try to stay fit etc.

"I don't think I'll worry about getting older in terms of hair going grey, or wrinkles to my skin but what does worry me is ensuring I'm doing things right now to ensure my everyday health is good when I'm older and not needing a cocktail of meds to get me through the day.

"

This is true, and for sure luck plays it's part. But I do know how much harder it is getting fit when older so can never start too soon.

Derby

Keeping fit in your 20s and 30s is a fantastic investment in your future. "

I think it is. Although I'm mostly focusing on weight training, I still do quite a bit of cardio and considering taking up yoga to improve my joint mobility

North West

This is true, and for sure luck plays it's part. But I do know how much harder it is getting fit when older so can never start too soon."

Being pretty fit before the issues started has been helpful, I had the upper body strength to compensate.

By *utchyjackMan  over a year ago

Newquay

You look amazing, age is just a number, I'm 72 and still manage to get meets, just act the age you feel.

By *aucy tiggerWoman  over a year ago

Back where I belong

My grandmother used to say, you're as old as you feel or the man you're feeling!

I'm enjoying growing older disgracefully xx

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Retirement home beckons?

Thank you,

Oh

You got busses where you live then? You are lucky "

When they turn up

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Always makes me feel a bit sad so I try to avoid thinking about it.

By *ourneforfunMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Getting old doesnt bother me, and meeting older women is usually better than younger ones, but I turned 41 last year, and suddenly was not able to contact a lot of people. Seems loads of people think 40 is the start of being old.

Meh, it's happening, whether I like it or not. Had to bin the dye 4 years ago at 36 due to allergies and I'm grey grey grey! Working outside year round is taking it's toll on my skin too.

OP, you look great. I saw you at UtB and thought you looked amazing.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

Getting older is out of my control so I just embrace it and make the most of what I have.x

Eat well

Exercise

And enjoy yourself

By *aulj69Man  over a year ago

dunstable

I'm in my 50's now and promised myself I would grow old gracefully but be myself, I've just ventured back from a large coppice near me with a night vision monocular and an EMF meter hunting cryptids and ghosts?? Grow old? Never.. Lol

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

It doesn't bother me...and there's nothing I can do about it even if it did. Sure I have wrinkles, grey hairs, and gravity has definitely taken hold of my boobs. Meh! I also have the wisdom of age and a quiet confidence instead of the arrogance of youth.

I wouldn't want to be young these days anyway, all the societal/peer/media pressure to be "Instagram perfect". Sod that for a laugh, I'm bloody glad all the stupid things I did when I was young weren't captured on film

» Add a new message to this topic