FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Medical advice.

Medical advice.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Back in 2006 I was in a bit of an accident that resulted in a few broken bones and a nice stay in hospital. I ended up with pins and plates in my forearm, and this time of year makes my arm ache and simple things can really make it painful (like playing pool this weekend). When I talk to the doc about they just tell me to pop pills.

So I'm wondering if any of you sexy people have any advice, hints, or tips.

Much love.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My OH had a nasty motor bike accident a few back, had to have a plate put in his fore arm, he too had discomfort like you, he was advised my the consultant to have it removed. He had it removed early this year and hasn't suffered any more discomfort

Mine was on a bike too. I was told it would have to stay in, but might be worth me looking into again. Was it a big op?

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

green lipped mussel is a herb used to repair connective tissue and aid joint functions.

It comes in various strengths and I import it from New Zealand - its natural to their shores rather than being culrured in the UK.

Its around £13 delivered for 180 capsules, I buy a few packs at a time to save on delivery.. actually I give it to my dog though it is a human suppliment and has been used for centuries over there.

If your allergic to shell fish though dont take it

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

*cultured

Removal of the metalwork may not be possible depending on what it is, removal will not guarantee a reduction in the type of pain you describe. Keeping the arm warm should help and possible additional physio to improve movement. Sorry! Xx

"Mine was on a bike too. I was told it would have to stay in, but might be worth me looking into again. Was it a big op? "

To have the metal work removed? No not at all, ask your GP to refer you to an orthopaedic consultant and discuss your choices with them. Keep your arm warm now it's starting to get cold a few layers should help.

I had a plate a few years ago. Same type of pain for about a year. It's been ok since they took it out. Worth a try to see if they could take it out. No harm in asking.

Maybe I should try different doc's. I guess they all have there own opinion. I do try and keep it warm, but that isn't always easy. I was never given pyhso for it but had no problem healing.

By *ickaLiciouseMan  over a year ago

Macclesfield

U definetly need to find the right doctor to ask

GP's are a waste of time and as u realised they will always give u pills

Medical world even thou its so advanced now it loosing that human touch

I had problems with left side of neck and shoulder and try them all until i got to osteopath apparently do to stupid posture my muscles changed got smaller on that area ) but gp never even touched that area ad prescribed pain killers )

chop ur arm off

chop ur Arm off mate best advice

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"chop ur Arm off mate best advice"

You said that twice, so if he had taken your advice the first time, he would only have had one arm anyway so couldn't chop the other one off. Unless someone helped. Or he had some sort of device set up. Or had his arm on a train line...

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

A friend of mine has just had the pin removed from her ankle after 2 years and is now in no pain she used to have lots of aches and could feel the pin ask about having yours checked with a consultant.

By *orestersCouple  over a year ago

The Forest

"Back in 2006 I was in a bit of an accident that resulted in a few broken bones and a nice stay in hospital. I ended up with pins and plates in my forearm, and this time of year makes my arm ache and simple things can really make it painful (like playing pool this weekend). When I talk to the doc about they just tell me to pop pills.

So I'm wondering if any of you sexy people have any advice, hints, or tips.

Much love. "

As you were only 23 when you had the accident, it is possible that your bones were still growing and may have altered the points of attachments of your pins and plates. Another explaination could be calcification at the said points or it could be a slight onset of arthritis. Try and get a referral to the orthopaedic dept.

By *eaboMan  over a year ago

marden

removal depends on how severe the break was and whether any bone was lost. I have a plate (wrist, motorcycle) but a lot of bone was thrown away as it was too small to stay in place and have to have my plate in for life. It also aches when cold, but find keeping it warm works.

There are herb rubs that work great also food you can eat that make the pain easy

By *arsesCouple  over a year ago

15 mins south of Gatwick

"green lipped mussel is a herb used to repair connective tissue and aid joint functions.

It comes in various strengths and I import it from New Zealand - its natural to their shores rather than being culrured in the UK.

Its around £13 delivered for 180 capsules, I buy a few packs at a time to save on delivery.. actually I give it to my dog though it is a human suppliment and has been used for centuries over there.

If your allergic to shell fish though dont take

it"

It also comes in a gel that you can massage in. Available in the UK under the brand name PERNATON. (Can also get it on prescription)

It was a large gap they had to bridge as some bone was left at the road side.

Could you PM me a link please?

» Add a new message to this topic