FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is forum advice worth its salt?

Is forum advice worth its salt?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We took some advice here, advice that's mentioned often.

Even though as a couple, Mr isn't intending to be involved with anyone other than Mrs A.

We listened, we saw the complaints that too many couples profiles don't feature the Man.

We thought we'd give it a go, and absolutely no change whatsoever.

We expected the flood gates to open, our inbox overfilled with desperate pleas from Women and Couples.

Instead, we receive just a few 'fabs' from the gentleman here.

You people are a let down.

*Humour value only*

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lessons have been learned and changes will be made.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

No, of course not. The forum makes up a tiny fraction of site users, and all users who are involved enough to know about, and use, the forum. I’d say 80% of people on the sites just wanna find a hot person to fuck

Forum advice should be taken with a pinch of salt.

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

South East

This place is all about the luck of who happens to see your profile at the right time. I've given up trying to tailor my profile based on advice here. Just be honest, put yourself out there and maybe if you're lucky the right person will see it.

And half the forum is filled with idiots like me anyway, so I wouldn't treat my advice as useful either

By *ewforestguyMan  over a year ago

England

"No, of course not. The forum makes up a tiny fraction of site users, and all users who are involved enough to know about, and use, the forum. I’d say 80% of people on the sites just wanna find a hot person to fuck

Forum advice should be taken with a pinch of salt. "

Exactly this. Everyone has different opinions, interests and likes. We are all very much different.

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

It's not humour if you have to tell people it's humour, you know. Minus points!

Caerphilly

"It's not humour if you have to tell people it's humour, you know. Minus points!"

I'm kidding, btw. Five points.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"It's not humour if you have to tell people it's humour, you know. Minus points!

I'm kidding, btw. Five points."

Stop being such a pushover. Deduct those points again.

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

Do your profile as you want…then it’s yours to own and show off.

It’s good to have pics of both if you are both meeting, even if you aren’t playing.

That might put people off, you just watching…but your profile will attract the people you want soon, if you specify what you are after.

There’s no point getting hundreds of messages…you’ll delete 99% times f them anyway

K

"It's not humour if you have to tell people it's humour, you know. Minus points!

I'm kidding, btw. Five points."

It's social media, we all know how many read to take offence.

Trying to manipulate before fights break out.

+10 points

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

As me beloved gran used to oft repeat " Opinions are like bumholes ...everyone has one !" our profile is full of complete rowlocks plus Mrs4 is just a figment of Mr4's very over active imagination but she does insist she is quite real ???

You take or leave you do you or nobody else will is my mentality

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

The forum is pretty much an echo chamber based upon a tiny proportion of the total fab users and an even tinier proportion of forum users, in that once a paradigm of opinion has become reinforced and accepted very few will go against it.

That being said a consensus of opinion and the champions of that opinion have their foundation in a “truth”, the validity of that truth becomes lost over time as it is embellished and steered towards a socially desired narrative of a few individuals whose motives are unclear and may or not be dishonourable.

There are only two things to focus on with fab, presenting an honest snapshot of who you are and focussing on the people that will meet you.

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"You take or leave you do you or nobody else will is my mentality "

This

"We took some advice here, advice that's mentioned often.

Even though as a couple, Mr isn't intending to be involved with anyone other than Mrs A.

We listened, we saw the complaints that too many couples profiles don't feature the Man.

We expected the flood gates to open, our inbox overfilled with desperate pleas from Women and Couples.

*Humour value only*"

I did the same and I just got a bloke wanting to suck me off but in return I had to advertise some cleaning products for him.

Of course I declined because I am a person of high moral standards with strong will power. Just as strong as Ajax, the super strong bathroom cleaner, now available scented lemon or vanilla.

"The forum is pretty much an echo chamber based upon a tiny proportion of the total fab users and an even tinier proportion of forum users, in that once a paradigm of opinion has become reinforced and accepted very few will go against it.

That being said a consensus of opinion and the champions of that opinion have their foundation in a “truth”, the validity of that truth becomes lost over time as it is embellished and steered towards a socially desired narrative of a few individuals whose motives are unclear and may or not be dishonourable.

There are only two things to focus on with fab, presenting an honest snapshot of who you are and focussing on the people that will meet you. "

Much like the 5 monkey experiment.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

To be fair ...... I didn't beg you for sex cos well ....... that one ginormous bollock of yours looks painful ....

"To be fair ...... I didn't beg you for sex cos well ....... that one ginormous bollock of yours looks painful ....

"

It's been a while

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Taking advice from random strangers telling you to be yourself and giving details of how you should be you without knowing who you are should be taken with a generous pinch.

Generic box ticking is pointless if the arse keeps falling out of the box.

Too much sexy saxo stuff is bad for your fab health.

Maybe the pics are just shite?

Miss S x

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

110% of people giving advice on the forum do not meet people from the forum!

Definitely had more success on screwfix advice

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

Free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"Taking advice from random strangers telling you to be yourself and giving details of how you should be you without knowing who you are should be taken with a generous pinch.

Too much sexy saxo stuff is bad for your fab health. "

Plus, ive said it before, don’t ask a fish how to catch fish, ask a great fisherman

Most of the advice for single males on here comes from women. I’m not saying they’re clueless, but they aren’t a great fisher

Caerphilly

I'm not kidding, btw. Negative Five points.

Stop being such a handsome and salubrious pushover. Deduct those points again."

Your argument was flawless; done

Everyone in the forum is fully qualified with certificates. And 25 years of experience.

Must be you, soz

"Maybe the pics are just shite?

Miss S x"

Crazy isn't it?

You are literally the only one to send a beggy message.

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

What's salt worth

Miss S x

Crazy isn't it?

You are literally the only one to send a beggy message. "

And moaning about nobody messenging and you don't respond to our beggy message. Tut. So fussy

Miss S x

Miss S x

Crazy isn't it?

And moaning about nobody messenging and you don't respond to our beggy message. Tut. So fussy

Miss S x"

Fair point. Damnit

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Miss S x

Crazy isn't it?

Miss S x"

Happy to answer beggy messages Miss S aslong as your not asking for money .

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

There are occasional gems of wisdom, but most of it is bait dangling in the (mostly vain) hope of sex action.

By *onLicksMan  over a year ago

Worthing

"110% of people giving advice on the forum do not meet people from the forum! "

But we do like to have a chat...

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

*Humour value only*

I did the same and I just got a bloke wanting to suck me off but in return I had to advertise some cleaning products for him.

Of course I declined because I am a person of high moral standards with strong will power. Just as strong as Ajax, the super strong bathroom cleaner, now available scented lemon or vanilla."

Ajax makes for great lube!

*Humour value only*

Of course I declined because I am a person of high moral standards with strong will power. Just as strong as Ajax, the super strong bathroom cleaner, now available scented lemon or vanilla.

Ajax makes for great lube!"

Very tingly.

*Humour value only*

Of course I declined because I am a person of high moral standards with strong will power. Just as strong as Ajax, the super strong bathroom cleaner, now available scented lemon or vanilla."

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"Taking advice from random strangers telling you to be yourself and giving details of how you should be you without knowing who you are should be taken with a generous pinch.

Plus, ive said it before, don’t ask a fish how to catch fish, ask a great fisherman

Most of the advice for single males on here comes from women. I’m not saying they’re clueless, but they aren’t a great fisher "

I always take feedback as the fish saying "I prefer a worm to a used condom". Of course, a worm doesn't guarantee a bite. But its an idea or the bare minimum you'd need to be a successful fishermen.

*Humour value only*"

Fabbed!

Sorry about your piles pic.

You're quite hot Mr K.

*Humour value only*

Fabbed!

Sorry about your piles pic.

You're quite hot Mr K. "

I personally feel that picture shows my best side

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Most of the advice for single males on here comes from women. I’m not saying they’re clueless, but they aren’t a great fisher I always take feedback as the fish saying "I prefer a worm to a used condom". Of course, a worm doesn't guarantee a bite. But its an idea or the bare minimum you'd need to be a successful fishermen. "

It depends on your definition of success. It might make you successful with the woman giving a particular piece of advice and she might let you tick her box but the vast majority might require different bait.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Most of the advice for single males on here comes from women. I’m not saying they’re clueless, but they aren’t a great fisher I always take feedback as the fish saying "I prefer a worm to a used condom". Of course, a worm doesn't guarantee a bite. But its an idea or the bare minimum you'd need to be a successful fishermen.

It depends on your definition of success. It might make you successful with the woman giving a particular piece of advice and she might let you tick her box but the vast majority might require different bait. "

that's fair. But the flipside is some fisherman may only be knowledgeable about one type of fish too, which isn't to your taste.

Tbh, I try and read past what teh feedback is, to why it was said. So I would have taken "food is better than rubber". Maybe some fish love rubber, and if I heard a fish say feed me your PVC, I would tweak my thinking.

The biggest blocker to most men is they think a ticked box means an open box.

Same old shit different day

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If the people giving the advice aren't the same people you want to meet its of no use to you whatsoever

"Same old shit different day "

Ah where's your sense of humour?

"If the people giving the advice aren't the same people you want to meet its of no use to you whatsoever "

Good point, these forumites are a little tetchy

Dear me, our profile pic has reduced today's views and fabs

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

No idea. Never asked for serious advice here.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Some is. Some isn't.

Not only does everyone has a different perspective or opinion, we all have different wants and experiances when it comes to fab. Its also fair to say the scene can differ in various parts of the country as well.

For example, a couple could be looking for advice on how to get meets but if their kink of choice is anonymous dogging our social event or club meet advice isn't going to help them much.

Alternatively, advice from someone on the scene in London for example won't really be reflective of the scene for someone who lives in a country village in the middle of Yorkshire.

Some advice is solid. Some isn't. Just be willing to take it on board (if its given in good faith and applicable) . It may not work or help you in the long run but then again it might.

You also have to remember a lot of people tend to assume their experiance is the same as others. They're not doing it maliciously of course. People just tend to think if something works for them it must also work for everyone else.

"Dear me, our profile pic has reduced today's views and fabs "

Put your pic back up then!

"Dear me, our profile pic has reduced today's views and fabs

Put your pic back up then! "

Haha I changed it from that, after posting.

But yeah I'll take that one

By *igmaMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Not in the slightest!

If people are the forums, they aren't having the sex stuff.

They are the worse people to ask for advice.

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

"If people are the forums, they aren't having the sex stuff.

They are the worse people to ask for advice. "

No ones balls deep 24/7. No one.

They are the worse people to ask for advice. "

What is sex?

Some of it yes defo I've been given decent advice that I was willing to take on board and try like anything and any advice if your open to constructive criticism then it can work if not then don't ask

What is sex?"

You're asking me??

What is sex?

You're asking me?? "

Oh. I thought you were an expert. You talk a good game.

Good god no. I'd never pay attention to anything I say...

What is sex?

You're asking me??

Oh. I thought you were an expert. You talk a good game."

I'm practically a born again virgin.

What is sex?

You're asking me??

I'm practically a born again virgin. "

Turn the strap on around and you’ll be fine.

What is sex?

You're asking me??

I'm practically a born again virgin.

Turn the strap on around and you’ll be fine."

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I always fab pics featuring couples together...I think its important to celebrate the fact that you are swinging together...not just featuring the lady as eye candy to attract people to look at your profiles

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Short answer: no

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Strive to be a disappointment so I am sure to succeed at something

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Judging my what you look like in a bikini, I'd do you. Luke