FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > If you can't handle me...

If you can't handle me...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman  over a year ago

at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best.

How much truth is there to this?

Do you have much patience with people? Are you one to test people to see if they can handle you at your worst?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Would a spanking help ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think it's just a shitty to get people to tolerate your bad behaviour...

I’m patient with those who deserve it. I don’t like me at my worst, if that is revealed to anyone, things have gone horribly wrong.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I’m pretty grim at my worst, no one should have to be able to handle that.

I’m patient to a point but know my weaknesses and triggers, I would never test someone, I’ll spend that effort figuring how to be a better person instead

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I always took it to mean when I'm projectile losing liquids from both ends, my hair looks like it ain't seen a brush for weeks or I'm rocking in a corner blowing snot bubbles with eyes so puffy from crying they barely open.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"at my worst, then you don't deserve me at my best.

Do you have much patience with people? Are you one to test people to see if they can handle you at your worst? "

It's a throw away cliché. Analysed properly it'd only come from the mouth of someone whose aim is to manipulate/ who thrives on their own toxic behaviour/ has such low self esteem or ability to trust that they put others to the test.

My level of patience varies according to the circumstances and the people. I'm very patient but I know when not to get involved with certain personalities.

I don't think I have a 'worst' side. I run the whole gammut of emotions. Just like anyone else.

I've never killed anyone. ( and told about it )

By *issYeuxBleusWoman  over a year ago

My boudoir - S Wales

Hmmmm, good question. But I don’t have much tolerance for people at their worst if they let it effect me. Some call it selfish, I call it self care.

Comes after years of being the listener. It can drag a person down!

If it’s a two way dynamic and I get the same level of support, absolutely.

shits creek

I have a limited amount of patience.

I can understand people's behaviour, and will accept it if they prefix with it. Like, if someone has been honest with me and told me they're dealing with whatever and they blow up or act out I'll give them some room or offer some help processing or just listening, yet I'll still remind them that their behaviour was unnecessary or out of order.

I have zero patience for people who are rude to or attack others who are simply trying to do their job. That shit gets me riled.

Live, laugh, love OP

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

If you can't handle me at what you've mistakenly assumed is my worst, then prepare to be unpleasantly surprised in the near future.

To answer the question OP I would never test anyone by trying to show them me at my worst because that's a complete shitshow. I'd rather go off and work through things on my own and when I have a handle on myself again I'll be back. Why should anyone else have to deal with me being a complete arse?

I have a limited amount of patience so if I think someone is playing or is trying to test me then I tend to walk away PDQ.

I can also sympathise endlessly with someone who owns their part in the situations in which they find themselves, but I find it incredibly hard to deal with someone who won't see how they have impacted people and situations.

The older I get, the less tolerance I have

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

"I always took it to mean when I'm projectile losing liquids from both ends, my hair looks like it ain't seen a brush for weeks or I'm rocking in a corner blowing snot bubbles with eyes so puffy from crying they barely open.

"

Is it wrong to get a hardon at this description?? Asking for a friend

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you're in a long term relationship you're going to see each other at your worst and your best and everything between.. The good times aren't a reward for 'handling ' the bad stuff if someone thinks I have to put up with shit in order for them to be nice to me they can take a long walk off a short pier

If guys saw me at my worst, Jesus Christ I'd be alone forever.

Oh wait...

It depends but i do strop from time to time

Yeah, a certain someone loved that saying.

So turns out she was nuts.

Bit of a "oh fuck me" saying nowadays.

Carlisle

"If guys saw me at my worst, Jesus Christ I'd be alone forever.

Oh wait..."

I bet you’re secretly awesome you just pretend to be grumpy, antisocial, whinging, moody, cantankerous, short fused, ill tempered and blunt!!

Oh wait...

I bet you’re secretly awesome you just pretend to be grumpy, antisocial, whinging, moody, cantankerous, short fused, ill tempered and blunt!! "

You know me so well

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

None

If your a cunt fuck off, no excuses

No one should have to put up with shittyness for the good stuff

Carlisle

Oh wait...

I bet you’re secretly awesome you just pretend to be grumpy, antisocial, whinging, moody, cantankerous, short fused, ill tempered and blunt!!

You know me so well "

I can see right through you xx you don’t fool me - you’re secretly awesome, fun, stunningly attractive, super smart and just pretend to be all of the other stuff to put the knuckle draggers off - sadly won’t work as they cant read xxx

Oh wait...

You know me so well I can see right through you xx you don’t fool me - you’re secretly awesome, fun, stunningly attractive, super smart and just pretend to be all of the other stuff to put the knuckle draggers off - sadly won’t work as they cant read xxx "

I retract my previous statement.

By *enriette and SamCouple  over a year ago

The Magic whip

Having handled you in some of the above scenarios op I think it takes a lot of commitment and dedication to a friendship/relationship but yes, I agree with the sentiments 100%.

I guess it depends on what someone's 'worst' is. I think my worst is when I'm chaotic, thoughtless and forgetful. I wouldn't expect my lovers, friends or family to 'handle' that without any complaint. I'll strive to be my best with them as they still deserve that.

But if someone's worst is really shitty, I wouldn't want to see their best either.

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

It depends how disproportionate a persons worst is compared to their best.

I wouldn’t test anyone no, but I think it’s more about someone understanding that we’re all multi faceted.

Everyone has a variety of moods dependent on what’s going on in their life at the time.

I’m generally a positive, high energy type of person. But we all have low/off days (bloody hormones)

If someone can’t accept me when I’m not feeling positive & bouncy then they can do one.

Carlisle

Im normally very chilled as getting fumed about something normally doesn’t change it. Sadly when i blow - its a spectacular shitsjow which normally subsides quickly and i get one with things - whilst plotting the death of someone

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

It’s good that people see others at their worst early on, it saves them falling for them at their best.

I push every one away at my worst im not even sure i know im doing it until the regrets hit after

Carlisle

Oh wait...

You know me so well I can see right through you xx you don’t fool me - you’re secretly awesome, fun, stunningly attractive, super smart and just pretend to be all of the other stuff to put the knuckle draggers off - sadly won’t work as they cant read xxx

I retract my previous statement. "

More research required

By *elshrider95Man  over a year ago

LLANTWIT MAJOR

I try not to let people see me at my worst but if they do and they can't handle it then I know when to be around them and when not to be

By *lfacatMan  over a year ago

Cumbria

"I always took it to mean when I'm projectile losing liquids from both ends, my hair looks like it ain't seen a brush for weeks or I'm rocking in a corner blowing snot bubbles with eyes so puffy from crying they barely open.

"

Ah, you mean Mondays…!

X

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

It depends what your worst is... If you are a constant arsehole then I wouldn't want your best or worst

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Do you have much patience with people? Are you one to test people to see if they can handle you at your worst? "

Life's too short for all that drama. Why would you be your worst around people or towards people and expect them to hang around waiting for a crumb of decency. Nope. Don't get it.

I like a woman who can handle my wurst.

"I push every one away at my worst im not even sure i know im doing it until the regrets hit after "

I do this too. More spikes than a hedgehog at times.

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

The sentiment behind it? I agree with. We all have off days and deserve affection equal to our good days.

But the particular wording of it is a bit of a red flag. It's aggressively preemptive, almost to the point of pride in one's own bad behaviour. Just doesn't sound like the healthiest self-perception.

My third personality tends to overthink though, can I interest you in a dong joke instead?

By *yramid2022Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Depends on what worst is and how much of the 'best' someone has shown you.

I have patience for someone who has issues and is working on them as long as they're honest and respectful of me.

I have no patience for bullshit or outright toxicity.

Normally found on profiles of women who are total pains in the hole.

The type I'd happily run into a burning building to avoid.

King's Crustacean

I'm going to change this Meli to ....... Friends stick by each other through the good and the bad.

If it means that im okay with it.

Worded the way it is using 'judgements' like 'deserve' ..... it gives off a totally different vibe.

King's Crustacean

AND ....... if it can be simplified to 'fairweather friends' who are only there through the good times.. then i'm okay with it meaning that.

It'd be a tad arrogant to tell someone they don't deserve you because they couldn't handle your shit.

We are all human after all ...... some people just CAN'T handle other people's shit more than they have to. Doesn't make them evil.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Would you put up with a demanding selfish entitled person? I have my self respect and treat others how I expect to be treated.

If a woman expects me to put up with her bad behaviour is a recording flag. It shows they have no respect and have no consideration for anyone but themselves.

I would immediately walk away.

Oh wait..."

Meh. You just need to hug it out. I still have body armour somewhere…

Do you have much patience with people? Are you one to test people to see if they can handle you at your worst?

I'm going to change this Meli to ....... Friends stick by each other through the good and the bad.

Worded the way it is using 'judgements' like 'deserve' ..... it gives off a totally different vibe. "

Hello Crumpster.

I deliberately left it vague, gave no indications as to my feelings on the expression because I was curious as to how folk would respond; the assumption being that their bias would colour their responses (no shit Sherlock).

A rather interesting aside - I've had friends ask if I'm okay, check in with me etc.

Deserve is very much a particular vibe isn't it?

"Yeah, a certain someone loved that saying.

So turns out she was nuts.

Bit of a "oh fuck me" saying nowadays. "

You came.

shits creek

Worded the way it is using 'judgements' like 'deserve' ..... it gives off a totally different vibe.

Hello Crumpster.

I deliberately left it vague, gave no indications as to my feelings on the expression because I was curious as to how folk would respond; the assumption being that their bias would colour their responses (no shit Sherlock).

A rather interesting aside - I've had friends ask if I'm okay, check in with me etc.

"

I just got a gooey that you used Crumpster

"Having handled you in some of the above scenarios op I think it takes a lot of commitment and dedication to a friendship/relationship but yes, I agree with the sentiments 100%."

Aherm. Above scenarios. Aherm.

Actually, to be fair you've been there for me through some pretty dark times, maybe not murder... (et vice versa) and I do love and value you a lot. Dedication and commitment is true - but equally if people don't want to/can't be for whatever reason, can you hold that against them?

King's Crustacean

Hello Crumpster.

"

Hello Mempster!

Twas clear to me you were giving rein .....

King's Crustacean

Hello Crumpster.

I just got a gooey that you used Crumpster "

It's stolen fruit !

"I have a limited amount of patience.

I can understand people's behaviour, and will accept it if they prefix with it. Like, if someone has been honest with me and told me they're dealing with whatever and they blow up or act out I'll give them some room or offer some help processing or just listening, yet I'll still remind them that their behaviour was unnecessary or out of order.

I have zero patience for people who are rude to or attack others who are simply trying to do their job. That shit gets me riled."

Yes; giving that space is important. We're all human, we all have days where we're not sparkly rays of sunshine. Sometimes saying here, I'm listening is enough and the person will realise their behaviour has been twunty.

I get irked by people weaponising their negative emotions. I'm not talking about occasionally, you know you've had a crap day and then someone says something and you respond "oh do fuck off". Fair enough. That happens. I mean deliberate shitty bollocks.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

It's a throw away cliché. Analysed properly it'd only come from the mouth of someone whose aim is to manipulate/ who thrives on their own toxic behaviour/ has such low self esteem or ability to trust that they put others to the test.

My level of patience varies according to the circumstances and the people. I'm very patient but I know when not to get involved with certain personalities.

I don't think I have a 'worst' side. I run the whole gammut of emotions. Just like anyone else.

I've never killed anyone. ( and told about it )"

My patience is quite low and tolerance even lower but likewise, it depends who that person testing either or both is. I think some are oblivious they test peoples patience or the likely outcome of pushing buttons.

I don’t much care for those who test knowing full well what they are doing. I’m with Granny, I distance myself from specific people

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I'm a very tolerant person generally ! Lots here out themselves in messaging how tolerant they are! Or more case of not x

shits creek

"Having handled you in some of the above scenarios op I think it takes a lot of commitment and dedication to a friendship/relationship but yes, I agree with the sentiments 100%.

Actually, to be fair you've been there for me through some pretty dark times, maybe not murder... (et vice versa) and I do love and value you a lot. Dedication and commitment is true - but equally if people don't want to/can't be for whatever reason, can you hold that against them?

"

There's a lady I know who's been asking for help with her abusive husband for 2 years. At the beginning I had plenty of time and willingness to help, but as time went on and no positive steps were being made I really began to struggle to maintain the friendship. I openly admit that it was sucking me dry. Having been there myself I wanted to offer support and I did for a while, but it was just soooooo fucking triggering and I felt so unbelievably helpless and useless. She would often drink herself into oblivion and I don't deal with d*unk people very well, again, d*unk people can be very triggering for me.

I had to step away. Did it make me feel awful and a shit friend for doing so? Of course, but it was damaging me more than it was helping her.

We've recently got back in touch as she's taken what steps she can over the last few months to salvage her life. I'm incredibly proud of her.

Hello Crumpster.

Hello Mempster!

Twas clear to me you were giving rein ..... "

Oh Mempster makes me sound like a demon a la Mephistopheles! Here for it. Mempster. I should be wearing sunglasses and smoking 40 a day, trading incredible sexual experiences for their soul, written in the fluid of their sexual desires.

I've clearly been working and feeling my creative juices.

Nobody wants to handle me at my worst.

True fact.

King's Crustacean

what if the sexual desire is anal and you are writing in arse juice ?

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Kind of subscribe to, “everyone is doing the best they can, with what they’ve got, or they wouldn’t be doing it”.

shits creek

"what if the sexual desire is anal and you are writing in arse juice ?"

Lay off the prunes

King's Crustacean

"what if the sexual desire is anal and you are writing in arse juice ?

Lay off the prunes "

It disgusted me as I wrote it but hey ........ it's not my worst

"what if the sexual desire is anal and you are writing in arse juice ?"

Anal isn't a sexual desire, it's an abomination reserved to torment those in the second circle of Hell in the afterlife.

shits creek

"what if the sexual desire is anal and you are writing in arse juice ?

Lay off the prunes

It disgusted me as I wrote it but hey ........ it's not my worst "

I beamed when I saw it

"Live, laugh, love OP "

Always with you Petey.

Tin town

Worded the way it is using 'judgements' like 'deserve' ..... it gives off a totally different vibe. "

Well that's entirely different. Being a friend or helping those in need is a very different sentiment. I don't see someone having tough times as someone being their worst. That's just life.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Hmm I don't believe in quotes like that in all honesty.

To me it seems a bit like a get out of jail free card. It doesn't matter if I've done this terrible thing because 90% I'm amazing. Sounds a bit domestic abusive to me but that is my trauma speaking.

Nobody is perfect, we all have our triggers. But we can't keep repeating the same behaviour patterns and expecting the outcomes to change. So in some respects I have limited patience. I tell someone if their behaviour upsets me, and if they keep repeating it then I switch off from them.

By *eeling0880Man  over a year ago

Pennines

"I guess it depends on what someone's 'worst' is. I think my worst is when I'm chaotic, thoughtless and forgetful. I wouldn't expect my lovers, friends or family to 'handle' that without any complaint. I'll strive to be my best with them as they still deserve that.

But if someone's worst is really shitty, I wouldn't want to see their best either. "

I agree with that sentiment, although I’ve had someone be shitty with me without good reason and there’s only so much I can take of that before having to remove them from your life for sake of mental health

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

It’s a marketing slogan to sell tat in Homebase or the Range to single/unhappy women, who can then plaster their homes in such clichés.

The worst and best of me are very very close,but I wouldn't deliberately test someone

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

"It’s a marketing slogan to sell tat in Homebase or the Range to single/unhappy women, who can then plaster their homes in such clichés. "

This

"Hmm I don't believe in quotes like that in all honesty.

To me it seems a bit like a get out of jail free card. It doesn't matter if I've done this terrible thing because 90% I'm amazing. Sounds a bit domestic abusive to me but that is my trauma speaking.

Nobody is perfect, we all have our triggers. But we can't keep repeating the same behaviour patterns and expecting the outcomes to change. So in some respects I have limited patience. I tell someone if their behaviour upsets me, and if they keep repeating it then I switch off from them.

"

I'm with you with this.

Though the sentiments behind the saying can be a good guide to knowing who's got your back and who's there just for the good times.

I've found it used by the toxic to justify their bad behaviour.

I'd not personally test someone, as that can result in losers all round.

Be true, be real, be expressive, be you.

No games, unless it's naughty play in the bedroom.

Oh I bet that last sentence had some cringing

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

When I'm at my worst, I'm really not a great person. Nobody deserves that, and I'm not sure me at my best rectifies that. So to be honest I'm just thankful, that those who get my worst believe that I'm worth sticking around for when I'm at my best

By *elisandre300Woman  over a year ago

dontbefuckingnosey

"None

If your a cunt fuck off, no excuses

No one should have to put up with shittyness for the good stuff "

This

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I would handle you any way you wanted

Git to the age now I don’t have to tolerate people at their worse if they annoy me time to move on

Got not git lol

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

If your worst is you being angry, aggressive, abusive, violent...I do not care what your best is. At my worst I will still treat you with respect and decency or at least excuse myself and choose to be by myself for a while. If you can't do the same than please kindly f*** off...thank you!

Its the sort of line you see coming out of women that give it "fuck everyone i only need my kids from now on" which roughly translates into "my mum wont babysit hayden jayden and okayden again so i can get my shitter split for a gram and half a bottle of vodka"

"If your worst is you being angry, aggressive, abusive, violent...I do not care what your best is. At my worst I will still treat you with respect and decency or at least excuse myself and choose to be by myself for a while. If you can't do the same than please kindly f*** off...thank you!"

Totally agree life too short to tolerate stroppy people

By *ilthyRacersCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

[Removed by poster at 24/08/22 15:02:28]

By *ilthyRacersCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I think to an extent yes. It’s unfair if you’re in a relationship with someone and they want all the good times, but fuck off leaving no support at bad times.

However, every time I’ve seen phrases like that - usually on Facebook - they’ve been posted by someone that I know is manipulative.

And what they mean by that is “I should be able to be as horrid and nasty as I like to you and you should take it because I’m only important one” and that’s not remotely the same thing.

J

By *ansexualPandaMan  over a year ago

Beds - all sorts of beds ;-)

"If your worst is you being angry, aggressive, abusive, violent...I do not care what your best is. At my worst I will still treat you with respect and decency or at least excuse myself and choose to be by myself for a while. If you can't do the same than please kindly f*** off...thank you!

Totally agree life too short to tolerate stroppy people "

Absolutely this. I've had partners who will say something similar to OP but then their worst is abusive and violent. I don't have time for that. I've tried to 'fix' too many people in relationships before and it never works. A narc, overt or covert, will never change.

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

I often find myself being flippant, insensitive and lacking in empathy.

When I fall short in my behaviour to others I mull it over for a long time and try to put systems in place to stop me failing again.

Of course I do fail more than I would like.

I enjoy having good friends around who point out that I am being an arse.

Unfortunately I have broad shoulders so I am happy to take criticism.

I am always grateful to people I meet who stay friendly even when sometimes they could just tell me to F off

"I think to an extent yes. It’s unfair if you’re in a relationship with someone and they want all the good times, but fuck off leaving no support at bad times.

However, every time I’ve seen phrases like that - usually on Facebook - they’ve been posted by someone that I know is manipulative.

And what they mean by that is “I should be able to be as horrid and nasty as I like to you and you should take it because I’m only important one” and that’s not remotely the same thing.

J"

I agree with this entirely.

I've come to realise that when people quote this then it's normally a big red flag to stay well away.

By *eard and TattsCouple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

Shitty quotes like this put me off people

"it's just me and my kids from now on"

"new year, new me"

"live love laugh"

All cringe

"Shitty quotes like this put me off people

"new year, new me"

"live love laugh"

All cringe "

"Living my best Life!" on FB.

Then you see them in Aldi screaming like a banshee at the weans.

Cwmbran

"Shitty quotes like this put me off people

"new year, new me"

"live love laugh"

All cringe

"Living my best Life!" on FB.

Then you see them in Aldi screaming like a banshee at the weans.

"

Oh thats good

Cwmbran

"do what you want, you always do"

"sick of trying to please everyone"

Although these ones may be exclusive to me only

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

I (The Boy) am very lucky I have my Kitty. Sometimes I can really let things get me and over think my interactions which really sucks.

""do what you want, you always do"

Although these ones may be exclusive to me only "

Getting divorced stops that trust me

I've never really liked that quote, as most people I know who would say that that are self-entitled wankpots who think they can somehow justify their shitty behaviour and make others feel guilty if they don't sit back and accept it.

I want people who love me to be able to support and tolerate me on my bad days, but I don't ever expect anyone to put up with my shit if I'm acting unreasonable and making them feel awful.

I'm a pretty easy going and patient person, so luckily my worst is usually just depression, quietness and sadness. I've never been one to get angry or lash out at others.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

I am always at my best, if not, then I will hide away until I am back to functioning normally. People have their own shit to deal with, they don’t need mine. And if I’m not making an effort in both my appearance and attitude when I am meeting them, then I don’t deserve to meet them.

Cwmbran

""do what you want, you always do"

Although these ones may be exclusive to me only

Getting divorced stops that trust me "

My missus is still married so I whole heartedly endorse this message

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

It's a bit of a narcissistic saying imo. What's someone's worst vs their best until you get to know them properly?

Can be bothered with someone who's sweet till they turn into a psycho kina thing if you get my drift.

By *iren!Woman  over a year ago

leeds

Judgement and media Vs reality

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Are these the same people who claim to ' say it as it is'?

By *aughtynottsCouple  over a year ago

Outside Nottingham

Everyone’s responsible for their own behavior and shouldn’t expect anyone to tolerate a shitty attitude.

If however it’s meant as situational statement as in someone’s going through some awful life situations then I fully agree with the statement from a support stance. Hopefully this makes sense

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

South East

Isn't that just something people say to try and excuse their horrendous behaviour?

By *agerMorganMan  over a year ago

Canvey Island

I tend to find its Narcissistic people that tend to use this like as though it’s some sort of validation for atrocious shitty behaviour.

It’s right up there within the red flags for me.

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

An Ex before my last Ex started playing these 'testing me games' trying to make me jealous, causing scenes whilst out & general nonsense apparently to see if I loved her enough!

Dumped her 3 days later got up & left her in TGIFridays whilst doing her 'test game'. Play silly games, win silly prizes haha

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Yea it’s a pretty nonsensical cliché isn’t it?

Me at my worst I wouldn’t inflict on anyone if possible, I’m fairly patient and understanding myself having been through crap myself BUT I am nobody’s mug either.

Sometimes we all need to be left alone to gather ourselves and to be able to behave as one should in company. Nobody can be “on” all the time.

My ex used to follow me when he had pissed me off I’m talking arms length close and then wonder why that pissed me off more! I needed space to calm down.

Depends on what "worst" means here. Being down and depressed? Sure. That's an important part of a relationship - being on one's side during difficult time. Getting angry once in awhile? That's fine too. But being abusive or just being a plain asshole? Nah. No one is obligated to go through that.

"Depends on what "worst" means here. Being down and depressed? Sure. That's an important part of a relationship - being on one's side during difficult time. Getting angry once in awhile? That's fine too. But being abusive or just being a plain asshole? Nah. No one is obligated to go through that."

I agree

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Worst what though?

Emotional low?

Anger high?

Stroppy cow period?

Teeth hitting the helmet 'cos I'm tired?

"Worst what though?

Emotional low?

Anger high?

Stroppy cow period?

Teeth hitting the helmet 'cos I'm tired?

"

Fuck knows Nanna. Fuck knows. Up there with "I tell it like it is" people. There's a difference between being direct/blunt and just being a twonk.

I've never heard the expression teeth hitting the helmet before. Learned something new. Thank you.

"

Sorry is that your best or worst.

By *AFKA HovisMan  over a year ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

Swipe left.

Fucking "deal" and "deserve".

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"Having handled you in some of the above scenarios op I think it takes a lot of commitment and dedication to a friendship/relationship but yes, I agree with the sentiments 100%.

There's a lady I know who's been asking for help with her abusive husband for 2 years. At the beginning I had plenty of time and willingness to help, but as time went on and no positive steps were being made I really began to struggle to maintain the friendship. I openly admit that it was sucking me dry. Having been there myself I wanted to offer support and I did for a while, but it was just soooooo fucking triggering and I felt so unbelievably helpless and useless. She would often drink herself into oblivion and I don't deal with d*unk people very well, again, d*unk people can be very triggering for me.

I had to step away. Did it make me feel awful and a shit friend for doing so? Of course, but it was damaging me more than it was helping her.

We've recently got back in touch as she's taken what steps she can over the last few months to salvage her life. I'm incredibly proud of her."

Been there myself and these people don't want help and won't change and suck you dry mentally financially emotionally.

Mo more

By *adyBugsWoman  over a year ago

cognito

Is this also like the saying “you are too much” and something like not dumbing yourself down for someone who says that?

By *eedHawkTuahMan  over a year ago

???

To a degree yes but to a degree no. If you going to cause someone stress and headache. You don't deserve their time.

By *ister CMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I think it's just a shitty to get people to tolerate your bad behaviour..."

The perspective of this is 100% correct...

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Drama does not interest me. In fact it reeks of slight immaturity.

To an extent yes but people can sometimes abuse this power which isn't right. It's natural the people we love most will see us at our absolute worst and mostly it's understandable. But as caring and understanding as I can be, if someone's worst is detrimental to me on a regular basis, I don't want them at their best.

This shows me the lack of loyalty in this country is worse than the damn pandemic

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

For me it depends who that person is, how invested I am in them.

Kids and my family then yes...I'm there for them as they are for me during good times and bad. But, that doesn't give any of us carte blanche to just be a dick.

If someone is just being a dick then it's a different story altogether.

In sickness and health...been there. For me that's something you stick around for till the end.

People continually throwing tantrums...I ain't got the time or energy for that.

I don't deliberately test people ams I don't expect to be tested in return.

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"This shows me the lack of loyalty in this country is worse than the damn pandemic "
can you expand on this ?

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

Deliberate testing of people I see as manipulate behaviour and mind game like

I don’t expect people to ‘handle me’ either at my best or worst I like to think those I consider important consider me important too, those who take the time to understand my mood and communicate with me to discover what may be wrong, those who care enough for my well-being as I do there’s.

When it comes to acquaintances or work colleagues my tolerance for these people can be slim. Although I can be civil I find I have a limit for some people who I don’t necessarily gel with on the flip side I have an unwavering loyalty to others it’s very person/relationship dependant for me x

"This shows me the lack of loyalty in this country is worse than the damn pandemic can you expand on this ?"
looks like a lot of people seem willing to throw people away or under the bus for no other reason than self preservation and easier lives not willing to work together to make things right im pretty sure if brits back in the 30s had this attitude we would all be speaking german and il not be debating that opinion il not be changing it

By *oudBeSurprisedMan  over a year ago

Fife

If you repeatedly make people endure your worst, you are a bit of a cun....

Wait I just got back here so I'm going to keep my words PG

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"This shows me the lack of loyalty in this country is worse than the damn pandemic can you expand on this ?looks like a lot of people seem willing to throw people away or under the bus for no other reason than self preservation and easier lives not willing to work together to make things right im pretty sure if brits back in the 30s had this attitude we would all be speaking german and il not be debating that opinion il not be changing it"
If we couldn't handle Hitler at his worse, we didn't deserve him at his best.

"If you repeatedly make people endure your worst, you are a bit of a cun....

Wait I just got back here so I'm going to keep my words PG"

Nah you're fine; it's not a reflection of me or how I feel. You're a definite twunt if you do that.

"I think it's just a shitty to get people to tolerate your bad behaviour..."

There would definitely be those who choose to interpret it this way and abuse a relationship.

But I think, if well intentioned, it's having your partner's back through thick & thin and all the things in life that trip us up.

Then reaping all the rewards of the good, better, best, phenomenal days

"If you're in a long term relationship you're going to see each other at your worst and your best and everything between.. The good times aren't a reward for 'handling ' the bad stuff if someone thinks I have to put up with shit in order for them to be nice to me they can take a long walk off a short pier"

Also very true

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

"This shows me the lack of loyalty in this country is worse than the damn pandemic can you expand on this ?looks like a lot of people seem willing to throw people away or under the bus for no other reason than self preservation and easier lives not willing to work together to make things right im pretty sure if brits back in the 30s had this attitude we would all be speaking german and il not be debating that opinion il not be changing itIf we couldn't handle Hitler at his worse, we didn't deserve him at his best.

"

are you saying we should just grin and bare an abusive partner? (Not you Hovis) the other guy!

"This shows me the lack of loyalty in this country is worse than the damn pandemic can you expand on this ?looks like a lot of people seem willing to throw people away or under the bus for no other reason than self preservation and easier lives not willing to work together to make things right im pretty sure if brits back in the 30s had this attitude we would all be speaking german and il not be debating that opinion il not be changing itIf we couldn't handle Hitler at his worse, we didn't deserve him at his best.

are you saying we should just grin and bare an abusive partner? (Not you Hovis) the other guy! "

I'm so happy a thread of mine managed to contain Hitler at some point.

Anyways, I think it's more about the disposable nature we treat people nowadays. If we're unhappy, we get rid rather than work through, accept people are well people. That's not everyone, can't be arsed doing all the caveating.

"If your worst is you being angry, aggressive, abusive, violent...I do not care what your best is. At my worst I will still treat you with respect and decency or at least excuse myself and choose to be by myself for a while. If you can't do the same than please kindly f*** off...thank you!"

This

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I'd call a shrink because If I need help with handling I'd be doing my best

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

are you saying we should just grin and bare an abusive partner? (Not you Hovis) the other guy!

Anyways, I think it's more about the disposable nature we treat people nowadays. If we're unhappy, we get rid rather than work through, accept people are well people. That's not everyone, can't be arsed doing all the caveating."

it's how we define some of the words here. Supporting someone through their worst times is an admirable trait. Expecting someone to put up with bad behaviour is toxic. I read it more like the latter. "At" feels like behaviour. If it was situation I'd be more inclined to say "during"

Anyways, I think it's more about the disposable nature we treat people nowadays. If we're unhappy, we get rid rather than work through, accept people are well people. That's not everyone, can't be arsed doing all the caveating.it's how we define some of the words here. Supporting someone through their worst times is an admirable trait. Expecting someone to put up with bad behaviour is toxic. I read it more like the latter. "At" feels like behaviour. If it was situation I'd be more inclined to say "during" "

Ah I was responding directly to the poster talking about the halcyon days rather than the OP.

Yes; I'd agree that there's a definite intention with the rather deliberate wording - admittedly words are subjective but I think there's enough of a shared consciousness to agree that "at" is more leaning towards a person having to put up with another's crap behaviour.

I think in general more consideration for another's behaviour and your own wouldn't go amiss - rather than placing the blame at another's feet and expecting someone to take you as you are (even if that's a colossal twat), having some self awareness and acceptance is a very good thing. Should be encouraged. Rather than the reliance on attributed soundbites that are better suited to the "huns" of the world's Facebook.

By *NL Social SpurschickWoman  over a year ago

Social Zone

For me my worst is in my sick bed, full of the chills, puffy eyes, snotty nose or alike hungover face or illness.

As in behaviour, temper, words that may come out of my mouth in anger, nope no one sees that. I take myself away from people and definitely wouldn’t use it as a tool to test someone, seems like game play which I don’t do.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

This could always backfire and create serious problems

By *oonloverWoman  over a year ago

bognor regis

"When I'm at my worst, I'm really not a great person. Nobody deserves that, and I'm not sure me at my best rectifies that. So to be honest I'm just thankful, that those who get my worst believe that I'm worth sticking around for when I'm at my best"

This 100%

"This shows me the lack of loyalty in this country is worse than the damn pandemic can you expand on this ?looks like a lot of people seem willing to throw people away or under the bus for no other reason than self preservation and easier lives not willing to work together to make things right im pretty sure if brits back in the 30s had this attitude we would all be speaking german and il not be debating that opinion il not be changing it"

Not really, it says to me that a lot more people wouldn't put up with an abusive and manipulative partner. They seemed to do that a lot more in the 30s but more people have rightly said 'f-that' these days.

People who use "their best" as leverage over how they act at their worst are just abusive a$$holes. Simple.

(I'm not talking about people who are ill here. That's not you at your worst, that's just you being ill and rightly someone who doesn't take care of you when you are ill doesn't deserve your best. Being ill is not being your worst. Being your worst is when you're acting like a c**t).

Tin town

This thread is a perfect example of how words are interpreted differently by different folks. We choose to see what we want to see.

See, I took the saying to mean when someone is at a low ebb, not being an abusive twat.

Having grown up with abusive parents and being dismissed with "well, it wasn't always bad!" when attempting to discuss it, I can say with 100% certainty that self-preservation trumps (misplaced) loyalty every time.

Also, knowingly testing people is the sort of head-fuckery that will ruin your relationships. Being on the receiving end of mind games of an emotionally manipulative step-parent has cost me.

"This thread is a perfect example of how words are interpreted differently by different folks. We choose to see what we want to see. "

Yep. Language is clearly subjective and evokes different responses in different people based on their own life experiences. Not surprising really is it? I deliberately avoided giving my views on the subject matter in the OP so people could read into it without a bias being present from me.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"This thread is a perfect example of how words are interpreted differently by different folks. We choose to see what we want to see. "

. Indeed. Interesting read though

Tin town

"This thread is a perfect example of how words are interpreted differently by different folks. We choose to see what we want to see.

Yep. Language is clearly subjective and evokes different responses in different people based on their own life experiences. Not surprising really is it? I deliberately avoided giving my views on the subject matter in the OP so people could read into it without a bias being present from me."

Imagining one of those gcse English comprehension papers... "In approximately 250 words explore _elis use of the words worst and best in the context of...."

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

"This thread is a perfect example of how words are interpreted differently by different folks. We choose to see what we want to see.

Yep. Language is clearly subjective and evokes different responses in different people based on their own life experiences. Not surprising really is it? I deliberately avoided giving my views on the subject matter in the OP so people could read into it without a bias being present from me.

Imagining one of those gcse English comprehension papers... "In approximately 250 words explore _elis use of the words worst and best in the context of...." "

is the a level version deal / deserve ? That's the real nunace ... Psychology will be "what can you tell about ppl by how they interpret the statement" and sociology will be "what groups of people use this quote on their insya/dating".... And history will be 'is their any evidence Marilyn actually said this"

Tin town

Imagining one of those gcse English comprehension papers... "In approximately 250 words explore _elis use of the words worst and best in the context of...." is the a level version deal / deserve ? That's the real nunace ... Psychology will be "what can you tell about ppl by how they interpret the statement" and sociology will be "what groups of people use this quote on their insya/dating".... And history will be 'is their any evidence Marilyn actually said this""

Like it.

And philosophy or law?

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

philosophy: If no-one is there to deal with me at my worst, am I really bad ?

Law: if someone deals with my at my worst, am I contractually obliged to give them my best?

"philosophy: If no-one is there to deal with me at my worst, am I really bad ?

Law: if someone deals with my at my worst, am I contractually obliged to give them my best?

"

Very good Hovis, very good.

Tin town

"philosophy: If no-one is there to deal with me at my worst, am I really bad ?

"

Liking your work. OK then... Politics and computer studies... And drama!

» Add a new message to this topic