FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is this a waste of time

Is this a waste of time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *host63 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Mot a new thought. But I have been here years with virtually nothing to show for it. Most posts unanswered or blocked.

So I guess it's time to cut losses and leave it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you mean on the forums or on the site in general?

"Do you mean on the forums or on the site in general? "

I think the forums are dying...just full of people posting just to avoid being invisible and not actually contributing to threads...as for the site...if its not working just take a break for a couple of months x

"Do you mean on the forums or on the site in general?

I think the forums are dying...just full of people posting just to avoid being invisible and not actually contributing to threads...as for the site...if its not working just take a break for a couple of months x"

I actually couldn't disagree more. I think the forums are more diverse than ever. Lots of different posters covering lots of different topics I genuinely believe there is something for everyone.

I think the forums are dying...just full of people posting just to avoid being invisible and not actually contributing to threads...as for the site...if its not working just take a break for a couple of months x

I actually couldn't disagree more. I think the forums are more diverse than ever. Lots of different posters covering lots of different topics I genuinely believe there is something for everyone."

I agree. I don't see the forums dying at all. But the OP is struggling - it's all about the individual experience. Perhaps time to take a break?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Keep slugging ..Keep bantering...Keep trying

Who knows what will happen?

By *hil most chillMan  over a year ago

London & Europe

I actually couldn't disagree more. I think the forums are more diverse than ever. Lots of different posters covering lots of different topics I genuinely believe there is something for everyone.

I agree. I don't see the forums dying at all. But the OP is struggling - it's all about the individual experience. Perhaps time to take a break?"

This is it. When the site becomes more work than it's worth, and drags your spirits down, definitely time to step back and focus your energy on more positive things

I think sometimes it’s best to take a break and come back refreshed when you feel that way. Or potentially change your approach to it?

I don’t really know but wish you the best

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

All the best whatever you decide, OP

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

It cripples your spirit, but it's as addictive as fuck.

Do what you think is best for you.

Best advice I can give you is look at getting to some of the organised socials, you may not get a shag, but you will meet a lot of other people

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"This is it. When the site becomes more work than it's worth, and drags your spirits down, definitely time to step back and focus your energy on more positive things"

Exactly this. Sorry you're having a hard time, OP, but only you can decide if this site's making your life worse or better. Maybe a break, or think about what you're using the site for/how you're using it (ie what you like about it or not etc). Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I actually couldn't disagree more. I think the forums are more diverse than ever. Lots of different posters covering lots of different topics I genuinely believe there is something for everyone."

Staying off-topic for just a moment, I don't totally disagree with this: the fora is well and truly alive but I'll question the diversity and the ubiquitous banality. I'll speak from my personal perspective, so therefore excuse the self-depraction and sour grapes....

My despondency is down to the following experiences: I'll create a thread, a thread that is characteristically unique which gives some variety to the fora. Within 15 minutes it's already languishing on page 3 of the lounge.

And this isn't because it's not popular or because of the lack of responses, it's more about those usual suspects that are flooding and saturating the fora with regurgitated threads. Sometimes I've done a 'green arrow' on some of the posters and they've 'contributed' approximately 25 threads in the last two hours!

What this means is that I'm left feeling disenfranchised and wondering if it's really worth bothering.

But I don't give up. I'm still posting, persevering and enjoying the fab journey.

One final point to note: the fab forum rules contains the following: "Deliberate or malicious disruption of the forum

If you deliberately or maliciously try to interrupt everyone else's enjoyment of the forums, for example by trying to fill up the forum with your own content (just one example), it's not fair and we'll take action."

It's not enforced, in my opinion.

Staying off-topic for just a moment, I don't totally disagree with this: the fora is well and truly alive but I'll question the diversity and the ubiquitous banality. I'll speak from my personal perspective, so therefore excuse the self-depraction and sour grapes....

My despondency is down to the following experiences: I'll create a thread, a thread that is characteristically unique which gives some variety to the fora. Within 15 minutes it's already languishing on page 3 of the lounge.

And this isn't because it's not popular or because of the lack of responses, it's more about those usual suspects that are flooding and saturating the fora with regurgitated threads. Sometimes I've done a 'green arrow' on some of the posters and they've 'contributed' approximately 25 threads in the last two hours!

What this means is that I'm left feeling disenfranchised and wondering if it's really worth bothering.

But I don't give up. I'm still posting, persevering and enjoying the fab journey.

One final point to note: the fab forum rules contains the following: "Deliberate or malicious disruption of the forum

If you deliberately or maliciously try to interrupt everyone else's enjoyment of the forums, for example by trying to fill up the forum with your own content (just one example), it's not fair and we'll take action."

It's not enforced, in my opinion."

It would be such a simple thing to enforce a limit on threads created in 24 hours. But Fab seem uninterested.

Well thank you NeroLondon for all the eloquent information you enlighted us all with.

" for example by trying to fill up the forum with your own content "

You scored there dear boy

» Add a new message to this topic