FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Last minute meets

Last minute meets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After reading several forum posts about people being let down at the last minute, those that get let down tend to have pre-planned their meets as opposed to them being 'last minute' or arranged at the time.

It is often that pre-planning and then the ensuing frustration of being let down that causes people the greatest problem.

So putting aside the issues of arranging childcare etc. if you have done all that and know you are going to be in a certain place or are going to be available at a given time, then why not wait til then to do the looking ?

Why is there such insistance on pre-planning meets as opposed to doing some last minute fishing ?

Is it a security thing ?

Does the to and fro of flirty messages turn you on ?

Do the messages allow you the opportunity to suss someone out ?

I get the impression that it meeting last minute is almost frowned upon by some elements of the community.

I prefer to meet last minute cos I know that I AM available as opposed to 'might be' and moreover I know if I am horny or not.

I don't know if I will be horny a week on Wednesday at 7pm.

The other thing is that I can't be doing with the to-ing and fro-ing of titilating messages. It actually puts me off.

They may work if I am horny, but not when I'm in work or have got a face on me or even when I am watching TV and trying to chill out or annoying my fellow forumites lol

I am not saying either approach is wrong and I can certainly see benefits (and downsides) to both approaches, but I think it's quite a worthy area for discussion

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

for me, probably to suss someone out and I have never enjoyed any last minute meets. Least I have tried a few, just to be sure, but they just dont work for me xxx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"After reading several forum posts about people being let down at the last minute, those that get let down tend to have pre-planned their meets as opposed to them being 'last minute' or arranged at the time.

It is often that pre-planning and then the ensuing frustration of being let down that causes people the greatest problem.

So putting aside the issues of arranging childcare etc. if you have done all that and know you are going to be in a certain place or are going to be available at a given time, then why not wait til then to do the looking ?

Why is there such insistance on pre-planning meets as opposed to doing some last minute fishing ?

Is it a security thing ?

Does the to and fro of flirty messages turn you on ?

Do the messages allow you the opportunity to suss someone out ?

I get the impression that it meeting last minute is almost frowned upon by some elements of the community.

I prefer to meet last minute cos I know that I AM available as opposed to 'might be' and moreover I know if I am horny or not.

I don't know if I will be horny a week on Wednesday at 7pm.

The other thing is that I can't be doing with the to-ing and fro-ing of titilating messages. It actually puts me off.

They may work if I am horny, but not when I'm in work or have got a face on me or even when I am watching TV and trying to chill out or annoying my fellow forumites lol

I am not saying either approach is wrong and I can certainly see benefits (and downsides) to both approaches, but I think it's quite a worthy area for discussion "

Its more a female/couples thing. Safety is obviously an issue, and arrangements may have to be made.

With M-M, with you (& most of mine!), they are horny now! You arrange to meet in a few days, and it often won't happen. I've even forgot meets myself. I only arrange in advance with reliable people, who I've mete before.

I chat to quite alot of people over a varied period of time, as i know i cant always pre plan, i am now able to have last minute meets with people that i have got to know and enjoy chatting too, works well for me.

Ladys are more fun at last min lol

Very much a safety thing for single females who like to know where they are going to be, who with and can leave a contact person with details.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

find last minute works really well also .. do have a few guys we meet with regular which eliminates the let downs and last minute cancellations also but on the odd occasion wen we do need to arrange a new meeting 'meet today' seems to do the trick more times than it doesnt

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Just as likely to get let down with last minute meets as I am pre-planned. There doesn't seem to be a set pattern to be honest.

I prefer to pre-plan meets when I am on my various work trips and they seem to be quite successful, as I have a place to accommodate. I rarely do last minute meets but I was planning on using the facility over Xmas so will have to let you know.

I'd love to do a last minute meet, but as I sometimes play alone, safety is a priority for me. So, I'd probably have a last minute rendezvous with someone I'm already in contact with, and have a rapport with.

There are times when I'm exceptionally horny and an impromptu meet would be fantastic, but as a female meeting alone, I have to be sensible

I plan ahead for security. Coffee meet first then a meet at a later date.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I used to arrange meets last minute when I was single. I would get really horny late at night and go on the hunt

Had some really good meets and I have to say that some of them were regular meets, or became regular.

"I plan ahead for security. Coffee meet first then a meet at a later date."

for your own security or that of the person you are meeting ?

We have done both, both worked...but do prefer to get to know someone first...

I always say though, if you are meeting someone you are not friends with/or don't know well enough to be able to tell if they are reliable

ALWAYS have plan b & c ready and waiting.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I plan ahead for security. Coffee meet first then a meet at a later date."
Ignore Bussy lol... I agree wiwth you

"I plan ahead for security. Coffee meet first then a meet at a later date.

for your own security or that of the person you are meeting ? "

We're not all insatiable man eaters like you ya know

I tend to meet people I have met before, knowing they work as do I and the fact I only play when I don't have my daughter, I have to pre-plan, It's no good me texting a "friend" at 4pm on a friday night expecting him to be availabe, chances are he wouldn't be, so I would be spending the evening alone anyway. Yes it's frustrating when I have planned a meet, to be let down, but I don't have a choice really, I wont meet people I don't know, so sending a message to some random bloke who takes my fancy, just isn't going to happen.

This is an excellent post !

We fully agree with everything the op says - and to cite an example - yesterday , for the first time in two years we arranged a meet for Thursday night . Nothing strange about that you may say , but the couple we arranged it with said it was rare for them to pre arrange and we did too - and as if by magic we both made our first msg today , to each other , saying why we would have to re arrange !!!!!

So for us it's back to what works best - lastminute. Com - by far the best way to avoid let downs and cancellations

So are you just talking about play meets then?

I have two jobs, I very rarely can arrange to meet this evening, or the same day, for example, I have been chatting to a new person today but if I was going to meet him, I am not free until tomorrow evening, after that I am busy until the weekend. If he was busy tomorrow night, it would have to be the weekend.

Not all of us have the capacity to meet last minute and I actually don't mind, just is incredibly difficult.

It isn't a security issue either; it is mostly work and one can work out from a few messages whether to meet or not. I would still meet however in a crowded place first.

I had arranged a play meet for this afternoon but my son sprung it on me this morning that he was off for the day

Life gets in the way for me so arranging to meet last minute for me is almost impossible.

Frustrated of Gloucester

"So are you just talking about play meets then?

I have two jobs, I very rarely can arrange to meet this evening, or the same day, for example, I have been chatting to a new person today but if I was going to meet him, I am not free until tomorrow evening, after that I am busy until the weekend. If he was busy tomorrow night, it would have to be the weekend.

Not all of us have the capacity to meet last minute and I actually don't mind, just is incredibly difficult.

It isn't a security issue either; it is mostly work and one can work out from a few messages whether to meet or not. I would still meet however in a crowded place first.

I had arranged a play meet for this afternoon but my son sprung it on me this morning that he was off for the day

Life gets in the way for me so arranging to meet last minute for me is almost impossible.

Frustrated of Gloucester "

See that's kinda the contradiction here because what you see as a reason to plan meets, I see as a reason to meet last minute.

The fact that most days I don't know my arse from my elbow means that when I am finally free to put my feet up and breathe a big sigh, then it is exactly the right time for me to trawl the nets.

On the issue of your son, I would wait for a day when he isn't in school and thinks he has a lie in to wake him up at 7am and convince him that it is actually a school day

(and people wonder why I could never be a parent lol)

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Sometimes it's nice to know you have things lined up...... sometimes it's nice to just go for it when the mood takes.

Sometimes you catch a real prize at the last moment.... sometimes you throw eveything back.

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I had a last minute meet recently and yeah it worked out for the best....

By *ustcutieWoman  over a year ago

edinburgh

ive a spare hour...anyone free

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

I tend to do social meets to vet people and then short notice meets when we both happen to be free....

I nearly always meet "last minute". I never know when Im going to have free time until around 2 hours before. It works well for me the only glitch is we usually pay the highest rates for hotel rooms

Lastminute.com

I personally would not prefer to meet a stranger at the last minute, though I have done

But there's nothing wrong with a booty call with a friend

I like to play with friends, and getting to know someone is half the fun, which doesn't necessarily mean a shag straight away

"Lastminute.com

I personally would not prefer to meet a stranger at the last minute, though I have done

But there's nothing wrong with a booty call with a friend

I like to play with friends, and getting to know someone is half the fun, which doesn't necessarily mean a shag straight away "

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

Why do you think I haven't said for def where we are meeting, I have to think of my safety, you may be a sex mad raving nympho, (PLEASE)

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

"I tend to do social meets to vet people and then short notice meets when we both happen to be free...."

That is my approach, I always prefer to meet for a brief drink, usually at lunchtime, suss each other out, if its positive, then flirt a bit - THEN arrange something when we are both free, and that can be pre-planned or something spontaneous.

Nowadays, I always plan my meets in advance.

Since I no longer accommodate at home, I would book my hotel room at local budget hotels well in advance in order to get the best rate.

In the event of the meet does not go ahead, I only lose the cost of the hotel room, which I have budgeted for.

I seldom give second chance to those who have let me down, and shall cut my losses and move on. I don't see the point in throwing a hissy fit for something that is beyond my control, after all the care and attention I have put in to pick my potential new playmates.

If I need to travel a great distance for the meet, then I would expect the gent to book the room, for me to cough up my share when I arrive.

If I cancel for whatever reason, I would still cough up my share. However, if he cancels, then he has to pick up the entire cost of the room. If the gent does not agree to this, then there will be no meet.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

Most of my meetings are pre-planned. Very enjoyable.

I have had two com-fuck-me invitations. Very enjoyable.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I need to know my potential new playmate will enough before I would consider meeting him.

This usually means message exchange over a period time, days rather than hours.

Hence last minute meets no longer happens in my case.

I find that when I have some unexpected time to myself, its sods law there is none about to meet! Spend almost everyday telling people I can't meet that day, but there's noone asking when I can..

As for meeting someone new spontaniously, I have to consoider safety as a single fem really.. Have thought about it and spoke to guys for a while, but when it come to well u wanna come round they disappear! Yh just after the sexy chat grrr

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

As a single woman with a very busy life (as many on here) I prefer to pre-plan. Had a few last-minute meets but find the pre-planned ones work out better for me.

"So are you just talking about play meets then?

Frustrated of Gloucester

See that's kinda the contradiction here because what you see as a reason to plan meets, I see as a reason to meet last minute.

The fact that most days I don't know my arse from my elbow means that when I am finally free to put my feet up and breathe a big sigh, then it is exactly the right time for me to trawl the nets.

On the issue of your son, I would wait for a day when he isn't in school and thinks he has a lie in to wake him up at 7am and convince him that it is actually a school day

(and people wonder why I could never be a parent lol)"

Except my son works, he doesn't have a regular day off every week and when he does get a day off, it is often sprung on him the day before!

I prefer to plan meets because I know what I am doing when, and on evenings when I have nothing planned, it is nice to be able to come home and just chill; I really wouldn't bother looking for someone to meet and if I get chatting to someone on those occasions, its often someone I know and perhaps don't want to meet or cannot

» Add a new message to this topic