FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hotel Meet Scam

Hotel Meet Scam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *unglikeahorse99 OP   Man  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Looks like I got caught out by a couple of scammers on here tonight.

Picked them up at the station and the plan was to go to a hotel they’d booked for a meet.

They asked for money towards the room. I hadn’t considered that they might ask for this when I agreed to meet them and by this point they were in my car so I felt pressured to agree.

I gave them £50 and dropped them off at the door of the hotel while I parked.

They said they’d come meet me at the car park once they’ve checked in.

They obviously left with my money and went home as I never saw or heard from them again.

One to watch out for folks! Lesson learned for me!

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *umseekerMan  over a year ago

montrose

Wow! Shocker

By *eisty LadyWoman  over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

"Looks like I got caught out by a couple of scammers on here tonight.

Picked them up at the station and the plan was to go to a hotel they’d booked for a meet.

They asked for money towards the room. I hadn’t considered that they might ask for this when I agreed to meet them and by this point they were in my car so I felt pressured to agree.

They obviously left with my money and went home as I never saw or heard from them again.

One to watch out for folks! Lesson learned for me!"

Ouch what a scam

I hope you reported them

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

bastards

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's awful OP

Ayrshire

One to watch out for folks! Lesson learned for me!

Ouch what a scam

I hope you reported them"

Yeah, reported and blocked. Really puts you off though.

Ayrshire

"That's awful OP "

I couldn’t believe it. I even had to pay £3 to get out of the car park! Haha

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

Depending on the cost of the train tickets to get there, you'd begin to wonder why for just £50!

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

That’s absolutely disgusting

It's people like that who make it difficult to trust anyone

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Depending on the cost of the train tickets to get there, you'd begin to wonder why for just £50!"

They probably hadn't arrived by car. And for £50 it's many a mickle...

By *akingtheplungeMan  over a year ago

kent

Name and shame them ?

By *ollingHillsMan  over a year ago

Near Sudbury, Suffolk

Wow that sucks, they got some neck on them to do that... or maybe that is their kink ripping people off and then going for a quickie whilst on an adrenaline high!

By *ekked JackMan  over a year ago

South Lanarkshire

"Depending on the cost of the train tickets to get there, you'd begin to wonder why for just £50!"

They probably didn't get the train...

bolton

Also you might not be the only one they probably made a day of it just keep going back to the train station until there next victim comes and picks them up.

Ayrshire

"Depending on the cost of the train tickets to get there, you'd begin to wonder why for just £50!

They probably didn't get the train..."

You’re probably right. They probably live in the city centre and will go back to the station to try it on with the next person.

By *oeBlack4Man  over a year ago

cambridge

Absolutely disgusting…they spoil it for the genuine

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Would make a great opener for a novel.

Life is odd.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I got asked if I would spoil and treat a blokes bird tonight in my messages...reported .and they got disappeared

By *urvytreatWoman  over a year ago

somewhere nice

Did you check the cost of the hotel?? Maybe they’ve got a night away on you.

absolutely disgusting what they’ve done to you OP

Did they send you pics? Hell of a risk to scam someone if you have a genuine profile with pics. Name and shame them its what they deserve.

By *emma HoldenTV/TS  over a year ago

Ramsey

"Depending on the cost of the train tickets to get there, you'd begin to wonder why for just £50!

Yes true, my naivety sorry!

I wonder how many times they could get away with it in any given location before they ran out of victims? There's only so many people looking for meets & on sites in any town or city.

By *W_RedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

You should name and shame them

By *etwifeandhim69Couple  over a year ago

Darlington

Odds are there was no train ride.

Darlington

"You should name and shame them "

And get banned..serves no one but them.not op.

By *iren!Woman  over a year ago

leeds

"Did they send you pics? Hell of a risk to scam someone if you have a genuine profile with pics. Name and shame them its what they deserve."

Totally agree! Just Horrible it takes guts to even drive to a meet nevermind having that experience. Fab needs to up their verification policy and just remove everyone without a Verification.

Dare I say the only way you can join FAB is you MUST be invited by someone who can verify 'you' and both be fined if that individual is found to be a scammer & both banned for 5 years lol.

Harsh but I am sure effective.

"Did they send you pics? Hell of a risk to scam someone if you have a genuine profile with pics. Name and shame them its what they deserve.

Totally agree! Just Horrible it takes guts to even drive to a meet nevermind having that experience. Fab needs to up their verification policy and just remove everyone without a Verification.

Dare I say the only way you can join FAB is you MUST be invited by someone who can verify 'you' and both be fined if that individual is found to be a scammer & both banned for 5 years lol.

Harsh but I am sure effective. "

A lot of these scammers have verified accounts with pics and lots of veries so i find it a huge risk and slap in the face to pull it off when you are genuine members. Mind bogling.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Did they send you pics? Hell of a risk to scam someone if you have a genuine profile with pics. Name and shame them its what they deserve.

Harsh but I am sure effective.

A lot of these scammers have verified accounts with pics and lots of veries so i find it a huge risk and slap in the face to pull it off when you are genuine members. Mind bogling."

I could put a status up saying 'kupdreams scammed me' that is why it it's reported admin will remove the status and warm the profile holder.

Ayrshire

"Did you check the cost of the hotel?? Maybe they’ve got a night away on you.

absolutely disgusting what they’ve done to you OP"

They said something about it being £150. It was a Hilton so I thought that could have been about right. So paying a third (£50) also seemed about right.

Darlington

Odds are there was no train ride.

People name and shame in status all the time and dont get banned and rightly so. Even if status up for a few hours it warns others."

"Kupdreams stole my last rolo on a meet and shat in my shoe. Avoid avoid".

See the problem? You can put any old.crap in an update and it's very much a he said, she said situation. You can litterally say anything about anyone, true or not.

Admin will deal.with people who name and shame rightly or wrongly. It's against site rules and honestly, whilst I truly feel for op and anyone who gets scammed on here, you should be very careful in believing everything you read online.

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

I can recall reading about similar scam in Scotland before...

Probably same people

Ayrshire

"I can recall reading about similar scam in Scotland before...

Probably same people"

Sounds like it could be.

They really will think of anything!

Feel for you being scammed OP. Genuinely do. But call me a pessimistic cu#t. But you picked them up at station. Yes? Surely you had their phone number?

Were you parking in hotel car park or a public car park?

Have you asked the hotel for CCTV footage or weither they were known to have a regular scam going?

I'm struggling to believe after a year on here your that nieve.

If it sounds to good to be true then it usually is.

Sorry mate just my opinion

By *d4ugirlsMan  over a year ago

Green Cove Springs

Probably just walked down the road to train station, then when supposed to meet walked outside as if just arrived and got a ride down the road 50 quid richer!

Ayrshire

"Feel for you being scammed OP. Genuinely do. But call me a pessimistic cu#t. But you picked them up at station. Yes? Surely you had their phone number?

Have you asked the hotel for CCTV footage or weither they were known to have a regular scam going?

Sorry mate just my opinion "

Yes I had a phone number. I spoke to both of them on the phone in advance.

They’re clearly very good at what they do.

Once I realised it was a scam I just wanted to get out of there and back home to somewhere where I felt more safe and relaxed.

"Feel for you being scammed OP. Genuinely do. But call me a pessimistic cu#t. But you picked them up at station. Yes? Surely you had their phone number?

Sorry mate just my opinion "

Hotel isn't just going to cough up the CCTV to anyone who asks for it. OP would need to report or to the police, and I'll be honest and state of it was me I'd be reluctant to make that kind of statement... Well, not for the sake of £50 anyways. I'd also have probably handed over what I'd believe was a 1/3 of the room price as doesn't sound that far fetched. I think it's a tough one really... Not everyone wants to hand out phone numbers either?

Ayrshire

Hotel isn't just going to cough up the CCTV to anyone who asks for it. OP would need to report or to the police, and I'll be honest and state of it was me I'd be reluctant to make that kind of statement... Well, not for the sake of £50 anyways. I'd also have probably handed over what I'd believe was a 1/3 of the room price as doesn't sound that far fetched. I think it's a tough one really... Not everyone wants to hand out phone numbers either? "

They were exactly my thoughts. The £50 seemed reasonable, albeit unexpected, but I’d never done a hotel meet before so put that down to me not knowing the etiquette.

Not worth doing anything about it for £50. That’s probably why they go for £50. Less chance of them being caught.

By *iscoman7771000Man  over a year ago

birmingham

Hope their ear holes turn into arseholes

And Shit over their shoulders

Probably true that they were very local

How many others fell for this

U lucky only £50 be safe be careful u have to profile dem

Hotel isn't just going to cough up the CCTV to anyone who asks for it. OP would need to report or to the police, and I'll be honest and state of it was me I'd be reluctant to make that kind of statement... Well, not for the sake of £50 anyways. I'd also have probably handed over what I'd believe was a 1/3 of the room price as doesn't sound that far fetched. I think it's a tough one really... Not everyone wants to hand out phone numbers either?

They were exactly my thoughts. The £50 seemed reasonable, albeit unexpected, but I’d never done a hotel meet before so put that down to me not knowing the etiquette.

Not worth doing anything about it for £50. That’s probably why they go for £50. Less chance of them being caught. "

I completely understand the reason for not reporting due to embarrassment. This is exactly what these scammers rely on. No-one reporting it. It allows their scam to continue. I'm of the opinion tho that yes I would feel the same. But if me reporting it stops even one person falling for the same scam then its worth it. Think how you feel now OP..

Do you want anyone else to feel the same when they fall for same scam?

Have you rang the number since. They must be mad to use there real number but its prob a spare. Dont blame you for handing money OP as you dont know who is genuine nowadays when half the verified profiles are timewasters.

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

"You should name and shame them "

You get a ban for naming and shaming. Not worth it.

bolton

Not worth doing anything about it for £50. That’s probably why they go for £50. Less chance of them being caught.

I completely understand the reason for not reporting due to embarrassment. This is exactly what these scammers rely on. No-one reporting it. It allows their scam to continue. I'm of the opinion tho that yes I would feel the same. But if me reporting it stops even one person falling for the same scam then its worth it. Think how you feel now OP..

Do you want anyone else to feel the same when they fall for same scam? "

The thing is even if he did report it to the police and the police where able to track them down of minimal information it would be his word against there’s and extremely hard to prove you wold probably just get a crime number and a chat about being more careful who you hand money over to and that’s probably as far as it would go in my opinion.

Do you want anyone else to feel the same when they fall for same scam? The thing is even if he did report it to the police and the police where able to track them down of minimal information it would be his word against there’s and extremely hard to prove you wold probably just get a crime number and a chat about being more careful who you hand money over to and that’s probably as far as it would go in my opinion."

Yeah your probably right here. But again if everyone had that option then we would never be aware of the small scams going about that so many people fall for. If we don't acknowledge them we are falling right into their hands surely??

Today is was £50 tomorrow it could be £100. Isn't it worth reporting before it gets too far?

Technically its not a crime if you willingly hand over money. Not sure how it actually works by law.

"Technically its not a crime if you willingly hand over money. Not sure how it actually works by law."

WTF. Really. Aren't all scammers reliant on you handing over money by consent??

"Technically its not a crime if you willingly hand over money. Not sure how it actually works by law.

WTF. Really. Aren't all scammers reliant on you handing over money by consent?? "

Like i said i dont know how it works in law. I was just saying my opinion but yeah its all shitty how these scammers pull it off.

"Technically its not a crime if you willingly hand over money. Not sure how it actually works by law.

Like i said i dont know how it works in law. I was just saying my opinion but yeah its all shitty how these scammers pull it off."

Ahh. Soo u are the infamous "kupdreams".

Pleasure to meet you my friend x

That's bad news m8.this place is full of con artists hope that you reported them

I'd be inclined to play them at their own game and take a big friend with me to meet them..... only way some people learn. Utter cuntistry, sorry OP

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

When you do hotel meets you should come to an agreement before the hotel is booked as to split in the payments and I'd someone says they've booked the hotel I always ask for proof as I always send it if I book a the room. You should never feel pressured into doing something you're not comfortable with and for a room that cost £100 you should have asked for some sort of proof that they'd booked it.

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

Sadly, this same scam was on the Scotland thread some time ago. Exactly the same. Don't part with money folks

Ouch. … probably more of this goes on where we don’t here it on the forum.

Lesson learned.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

How far away from the hotel door was the parking space?

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

How long had you been talking to them

"That's awful OP

I couldn’t believe it. I even had to pay £3 to get out of the car park! Haha"

bless you.

£50 share of a hotel room is reasonable and after chats, phone conversation, site veri and pix it wouldn't be unreasonable.

Don't feel bad,

But..

I would be happy to share hotel costs, but not handing over cash while I park the car, although with a throbbing cock and anticipation things could be different

There are lots of arseholes willing to Rob you, maybe feel grateful they didn't get you to the room and do worse.

The Hilton ? Maybe next time do a travel lodge or book it online in the car with all partys present. Bad luck op, I'm a gullible plonker too so I probably would of fell for it, 3quid on the car park too, thats a stinger!

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

"

But..

I would be happy to share hotel costs, but not handing over cash while I park the car, although with a throbbing cock and anticipation things could be different

"

Hasn't your big head learned to overrule your little one yet?

Wow that’s awful sorry to hear that

By *JstarsoloWoman  over a year ago

Wombwell, Barnsley

The Hilton should have been a big red flag I suppose. People usually book the cheapest hotel in my experience. It's more difficult to ask for a contribution for a room that costs £50. And these days people tend to prepay. Bad luck op.

Don’t get me wrong is bad what happened, but it’s al lot of effort for £50 there is a lot of prep work that would go in to that

A scam I couldn’t get caught out by as I never carry cash.

This is truly shocking.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Just a thought could they have been in the hotel bottled it and just too embarrassed to explain themselves to you. How long did you wait, maybe they had trouble checking in or maybe they had a phone call from home. It's probably a scam and I am so sorry this goes on, but have you searched all the other possibilities OP.

By *W_RedMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"You should name and shame them

You get a ban for naming and shaming. Not worth it. "

Oh really I didn't know that. It's a shame because they'll no doubt do it to others.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

Like i said i dont know how it works in law. I was just saying my opinion but yeah its all shitty how these scammers pull it off."

Obtaining goods, services or money by deception with the intent to permanently deprive the rightful owner is most certainly a crime. It’s called theft.

By *ociable-NottmCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"Don’t get me wrong is bad what happened, but it’s al lot of effort for £50 there is a lot of prep work that would go in to that "

I was thinking the same initially, however let’s say they had four others lined up £200 isn’t bad if you have the time and bottle to do such a thing

Mr

"Don’t get me wrong is bad what happened, but it’s al lot of effort for £50 there is a lot of prep work that would go in to that

I was thinking the same initially, however let’s say they had four others lined up £200 isn’t bad if you have the time and bottle to do such a thing

Mr"

True but to line up four others in the same area on the same day is still a lot of effort and planning

Megabus. on the cheap?

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

Cheers for sharing OP, a lesson for all of us

"Don’t get me wrong is bad what happened, but it’s al lot of effort for £50 there is a lot of prep work that would go in to that

Mr

True but to line up four others in the same area on the same day is still a lot of effort and planning "

It's clear they are lining up others though as people have said we have definitely seen this scenario posted before on Scottish forum. And that's only people who use the forum, could be plenty others who got duped and never use the forums.

Sorry you got stung OP.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Where did the train come in ? And don't say Euston ?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Name and shame them ?"

That would be against rules. Best to report instead

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I could put a status up saying 'kupdreams scammed me' that is why it it's reported admin will remove the status and warm the profile holder. "

That's a great service from Admin, especially this winter if people can't pay their heating bills

Nottingham

Mr

True but to line up four others in the same area on the same day is still a lot of effort and planning "

Certainly is, perhaps they do it often and the effort they put in is second nature to them, professional scammers can spot a target easily, definitely condoning such actions.

Nottingham

*not

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Don’t get me wrong is bad what happened, but it’s al lot of effort for £50 there is a lot of prep work that would go in to that "

Assuming it was just the one person they got the 50 from, could be a few people each night, or one a night

"A scam I couldn’t get caught out by as I never carry cash. "

Nor me. I could have given them 27p or something

Sorry this happened to you OP, some people are shits xx

By *onnyadtMan  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

Shithousery of the highest order.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Or, maybe, you ruined their night by assuming it was a scam and leaving

They probably sat in their hotel room thinking you didn’t like them that much you were prepared to give them £50 to do a runner

You awful person

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

Top tip. Pay your share when in the actual room.

Unlucky though mate.

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Heard about this scam afew years ago and always some scam or other going on ?? both on here and the world outside and most don't even realise they have been scammed though as it might not involve money ??

Ayrshire

"Or, maybe, you ruined their night by assuming it was a scam and leaving

They probably sat in their hotel room thinking you didn’t like them that much you were prepared to give them £50 to do a runner

You awful person "

I waited an hour. Messaged and phoned them. Only reply was to say they were on their way down. 30 mins later still nothing. Then they stopped responding.

Why am I the awful person??

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

That’s what I thought- that’s a helluva lot of effort for just £50 lol.

Still wrong though!

By *erkshire8299Man  over a year ago

slough

Truly awful there are folks out there like that...the thing is you dont ever know how a first meet will end up until you see it through...bad luck this time but hopefully next time it works out better.

Wow...lol sorry...if that same couple do that 3 times a week!!!

£600 a month.....I bet its easy to trick a horny guy into that scam...sorry op

By *rofessor ElementalMan  over a year ago

Durham

Twats taking advantage

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Don't forget to report please

Ta