FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Holiday

Holiday

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We ( me and kid ) are soon jetting off for 10 nights in the sun! Excited and much needed chill/ girl bonding time etc

However !

We have 2 cats who are 1 and we’ve never left before . I have a cat sitter coming in twice a day. But honestly the anxiety is crippling me. I’m worried they will be scared of us not being here, anything happening to them etc

Any tips to calm my anxiety?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Have a lady wank?

"Have a lady wank?"

That’s helpful lol thanks

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Have a lady wank?

That’s helpful lol thanks "

You are most welcome!

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

"We ( me and kid ) are soon jetting off for 10 nights in the sun! Excited and much needed chill/ girl bonding time etc

However !

We have 2 cats who are 1 and we’ve never left before . I have a cat sitter coming in twice a day. But honestly the anxiety is crippling me. I’m worried they will be scared of us not being here, anything happening to them etc

Any tips to calm my anxiety? "

I’ll send my dad to feed them

My friend comes and house sits and looks after the cat too

But cattery is fine if they’re together !!!

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

I own a dog and cat,and was cat sitter last week for a friend for a week. I think they adapt better than dogs. If they’re fed most cats are content with doing their own thing.

Enjoy your holiday

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ask the cat sitter to text you daily with any updates, that may help a little

By *eliz NelsonMan  over a year ago

The Tantric Tea Shop

Catnip!... buy a couple of plants...they wont even have noticed you have gone...had a cat years ago, bought some catnip for garden, cat constantly rolled in it

"We ( me and kid ) are soon jetting off for 10 nights in the sun! Excited and much needed chill/ girl bonding time etc

However !

My cat hated the cattery when I was on holiday once and he pissed everywhere when I got home and was so stressed

Now I bugger off for two weeks and he stays at home someone comes in and feeds him every couple of days and changes his water . Window left open so he can get in and out he loves it. Even has his mates over etc and no pissing

Relax your pussy will be fine

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

However !

Get cameras around the home and watch them on your phone.

Cats won’t even know you’ve left they’ll be living their best life

However !

Any tips to calm my anxiety?

Get cameras around the home and watch them on your phone.

Cats won’t even know you’ve left they’ll be living their best life "

I do have a ring camera installed but I’m worried I’ll be obsessed with checking it !

"Ask the cat sitter to text you daily with any updates, that may help a little "

Thank you , I’m seeing her tomorrow so I will insist on this xx

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Cats very independent will b fine! As someone said u could get cameras set up I have blink ones in downstairs rooms! But tbh when I was away for a week in June 2 girls in 20s still live home so stayed with dogs and the cat the cat was fine but when I looked at camera and saw dogs crying I got worried my sister said don't look at them! I think she was right just worried me more! Have a nice holiday x

"Ask the cat sitter to text you daily with any updates, that may help a little

Thank you , I’m seeing her tomorrow so I will insist on this xx"

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Do you have any trusted friends that could stay at yours?

I got back yesterday from dog sitting at my mates house for a week. She provided some food for me and I took care of the dogs and her house.

"Cats very independent will b fine! As someone said u could get cameras set up I have blink ones in downstairs rooms! But tbh when I was away for a week in June 2 girls in 20s still live home so stayed with dogs and the cat the cat was fine but when I looked at camera and saw dogs crying I got worried my sister said don't look at them! I think she was right just worried me more! Have a nice holiday x"

On one hand I don’t think they will give a shit and then I flip and think they will be scared!

"Do you have any trusted friends that could stay at yours?

I got back yesterday from dog sitting at my mates house for a week. She provided some food for me and I took care of the dogs and her house."

Not that could stay no xx

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

However !

To calm your anxiety try getting the person going to cat sit come in over the weekend so you can see they will be fine. And they get use to sonde else in there home.

Try and give them less fuss slowly so they get use to it.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

When I had my 2 previous cats ,I felt the same op

They were older at 11/12 then ,but they were absolutely fine .

The cat sitter was brilliant and sent me regular texts too ,they're very resilient cats .

Have a wonderful holiday x

"Catnip!... buy a couple of plants...they wont even have noticed you have gone...had a cat years ago, bought some catnip for garden, cat constantly rolled in it"

Where can I buy these ?x

If you dont already use it you could try Feliway. It's a diffuser that releases the same pheromones a mother cat does and it calms and relaxes cats and kittens.

"If you dont already use it you could try Feliway. It's a diffuser that releases the same pheromones a mother cat does and it calms and relaxes cats and kittens."

Thanks

I do have one plugged in already xx

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Cats very independent will b fine! As someone said u could get cameras set up I have blink ones in downstairs rooms! But tbh when I was away for a week in June 2 girls in 20s still live home so stayed with dogs and the cat the cat was fine but when I looked at camera and saw dogs crying I got worried my sister said don't look at them! I think she was right just worried me more! Have a nice holiday x

On one hand I don’t think they will give a shit and then I flip and think they will be scared! "

Blink cameras are great.

Not only can you sit anywhere in the world and watch the cats pushing everyone you own off shelves and coffee tables, you can also use the microphone function on them and your cats will think you're a ghost!

A

"Cats very independent will b fine! As someone said u could get cameras set up I have blink ones in downstairs rooms! But tbh when I was away for a week in June 2 girls in 20s still live home so stayed with dogs and the cat the cat was fine but when I looked at camera and saw dogs crying I got worried my sister said don't look at them! I think she was right just worried me more! Have a nice holiday x

On one hand I don’t think they will give a shit and then I flip and think they will be scared!

Blink cameras are great.

Not only can you sit anywhere in the world and watch the cats pushing everyone you own off shelves and coffee tables, you can also use the microphone function on them and your cats will think you're a ghost!

A"

Thanks

I do have a ring camera so I can stalk them , I have some very funny videos

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

The cats won't care as long as they're getting fed and fussed each day. Just enjoy yourself and your time with your little one.

"The cats won't care as long as they're getting fed and fussed each day. Just enjoy yourself and your time with your little one. "

Thank you xx

» Add a new message to this topic