FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Coffee

Coffee

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How do you do your coffee?

Are you an instant, pod or brew your own?

If brew your own do you buy pre-ground or beans and grind yourself?

Did you then have as filter with a cafetiere, aeropress, v60, clever dripper, moka pot, chemex or similar?

Or are you more for a machine/meachanical like a drip filter, rok espresso, flair espresso, an bean to cup machine, straight espresso machine or similar?

For me a Sunday is usually sumatran or square mile beans i grind and then in the Moka pot and then a little later another with the clever dripper

And as James Hoffman would say, I hope you have a great day

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I just read coffee,.yes please.

I'm not a fan of instant or pod coffee, my husband and I use an espresso machine with either shop bought ground coffee or beans we've ground ourselves.

In the mornings I like a cappuccino (the machine has an arm to steam and froth the milk), with almond milk and a touch of brown sugar. Hot most of the time but if the weather is hot, then I'll take it iced.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Have a nespresso machine with pods but tbh prefer nescafe instant granuals! I do love the aroma of the pods x

I love good coffee. I buy pre-ground freshly roasted beans from my friend that has an importing and roasting business.

I only use a cafetière for the brewing. I’m not really up on other methods,

Moka pot, ground beans. Rich, dark and full flavoured. Currently having a Colombian coffee

I grind my own beans …..

I like a strong roast too, but I French press at the moment and also have a fancy steel drip filter for a single cup.

Millicarno is my instant option though.

Does anyone subscribe to Pact? The coffee postal thingy? I tried that, I might sign up again.

Have an excellent local coffee roaster

So grind my own from them

By *igrating ladMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Oh god on shift and just saw a post COFFEE, now I’m going to make one. Cannot get through the day without one. So people love their tea but I’m more of a coffee man.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

I brew fresh in a filter machine. Always buy and grind beans - they stay fresher longer. It's also fun to mix beans in pursuit of the holy grail of the perfect blend.

By *un Rugby playerMan  over a year ago

north London / herts

I heat the milk in the microwave for a few mins and then put in the coffee in ( I like the Alcafe finely ground Barista ) . Then hot water . Lovely !

Put a pic of my Moka brew on my profile

I'm looking to buy a house and one of my first purchases will be a nice espresso machine and sage pro grinder (would love a niche zero but £500 is a tad steep lol)

By *aGaGagging for itCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

I'm fussy about my coffee, so it's beans for me (never instant). I use a bean to cup machine, adjusted to suit and have an extra strong macchiato with a small amount of milk. African beans are a favourite of mine though currently living a decaf life, which cuts down the options dramatically, but have found some Peruvian beans from my favourite roaster that are great. I'll never use Starbucks / Costa etc as the coffee isn't great, but will use an independent coffeehouse if they have a decent machine. I can still remember the best cup of coffee that I've had (Byron Bay, Australia).

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I just read coffee,.yes please. "

Ditto.

Couldn't care if it's instant from a jar or an exquisitely hand crafted rare brew of Black Ivory Coffee ( they make about 200 kilos a year), or that stuff that's made from beans shat out by monkeys........

As long as it comes in a pint mug I'm all good.

A

"……… or that stuff that's made from beans shat out by monkeys........

A"

Could be a new roasting method, get it patented before someone else does.

"Does anyone subscribe to Pact? The coffee postal thingy? I tried that, I might sign up again. "

No but i do want to give them a try, i tend to buy from Square Mile which i can't fault the freshness or taste or my favourite Orangutan Sumatran from Amazon which is about as fresh as any supermarket beans but i just love the taste and aroma

By *annabarberaCouple  over a year ago

Staffs

Normally Instant

Mr white no sugar

Mrs Black no sugar

Were both sweat enough

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Instant. Not too strong. No sugar, I’m sweet enough.

Instant black and really strong

By *arriedcoupleNECouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We're a drip filter and pre ground beans. Don't have time to be grinding beans at 5am.

By *eepgliderMan  over a year ago

Chacewater

Grind own beans. Turkish coffee jug - so can do range of coffees from including mellow medium roast types.

Instant and prefer nescafe. White or black no sugar.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

Ground coffee for me please.

I quite like the Italian ground coffee from tescos.

I'm not really an expert in selecting coffee..

"Ground coffee for me please.

I quite like the Italian ground coffee from tescos.

I'm not really an expert in selecting coffee.."

There's no need to be, it's about finding what you like and how you like to make that coffee, much like swinging it's all down to personal taste and preference

My friends for a christmas years ago, not knowing what to get me because I am awful to get presents for because I don't really need or want anything, got me a Whittards coffee gift set which had 9 pre-ground coffees and blends from around the world and that's how I found the Sumatran coffee I adore now

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I collect bialetti pots...they make the best coffee

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I take my coffee through my nostrils.

As it smells beautiful but tastes absolutely rank!

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"I just read coffee,.yes please.

Ditto.

Couldn't care if it's instant from a jar or an exquisitely hand crafted rare brew of Black Ivory Coffee ( they make about 200 kilos a year), or that stuff that's made from beans shat out by monkeys........

A"

This.

Mr

I went down the rabbit hole of specialty coffee in my 30s, I’m a bit more measured now. I have friends in the coffee business, so a bit spoiled for choice in what I drink. Not massively into the ludicrously light roasts and mega-acidity. Love a balanced cup. Currently drinking a lovely Colombian micro lot from Las Planadas roasted by TwoDay Coffee in Bristol. At home we use the Sage Precision Brewer, switched away from V60 & aero press cos the Sage is just more consistent than I am(!) and honestly cannot be arsed with espresso at home anymore.

By *G LanaTV/TS  over a year ago

Gosport

I buy green beans and then roast my own. Generally I am favoring Indian, monsooned malibar beans which I take to a medium roast using the excellent Kaffelogic Nano 7 roaster. I like to use a resting profile so my beans are then stored dry, but not refrigerated, for three days before grinding. I then use a Melitta 1027-01 to get an espresso grind, this one is OK but nothing special.

To brew my coffee I use a Leverpresso Pro which is a manual dual lever press and does a pretty good job at producing a lungo from 18g coffee and about 34g just off boiling water. Generally my prefered drinking style is time dependant First thing in the morning I like it mixed with further hot water and a little milk. Later in the morning I tend to drink the lungo straight with a glass of cold water on the side. And yes I know I am obsessive over my coffee.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Cafetiere mainly, Mokka pot when my Italian friends come round and sometimes a percolator.

Coffee ready ground from a well known Knightsbridge Store (Long Story)

Just by the by, if you’re interested in exploring coffee there’s several absolutely brilliant roasteries online in the U.K., the coffee is amazing and will open up a huge variety of flavours. I recommend:

HasBean dot co dot uk

Extractcoffee dot co dot uk

Roundhillroastery dot com

But there are literally hundreds more! Loads of opportunities to taste some delicious coffee out there

By *ANDA!Man  over a year ago

DUMFRIES

If I could actually be arsed in the mornings I'd do the whole fancy coffee machine crap, but given that all life is precious, it's a safer bet to load up the mug with sugar and nescafe instant, put minimum water in the kettle for the quickest boil possible and stay away from people for a few minutes. Even the dog has enough sense to not bother me till I'm done

I do have dolce guato machine when i can't be arsed taking 5/6 minutes to grind and brew a filter coffee but also have azerra instant for emergency and some foil sealed single taylor coffee bags in all my work bags as an absolute emergency

I'm no expert but I know I can't do instant anymore, my preference is Italian roast, strong and black.

With all this talk of coffee, I need to make one

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

Big coffee fans here.

We have a pretty decent delonghi bean to cup machine. It does a good job, nice balance of ease of use to quality of output.

I'd like to roast my own beans, get a grinder etc but frankly I don't have either the time or patience

We used to have a Nespresso pod thingy which is actually pretty good but the amount of waste always annoyed us.

I'm going to also throw out a controversial statement and say I think a French Press is absolutely crap

Nescafé

Starbucks latte with cream ice

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I think I love you OP

I have a French Press at work but a Clever Dripper at home and buy whole beans which I grind with a 1zpresso JX hand grinder.

At the minute I I have a Ugandan coffee bought from 200 Degrees which I natural process with notes of tropical fruit, vanilla and cherry

Derby

"Big coffee fans here.

We have a pretty decent delonghi bean to cup machine. It does a good job, nice balance of ease of use to quality of output.

I'd like to roast my own beans, get a grinder etc but frankly I don't have either the time or patience

We used to have a Nespresso pod thingy which is actually pretty good but the amount of waste always annoyed us.

I'm going to also throw out a controversial statement and say I think a French Press is absolutely crap"

I think you get more flavour and body from a french press but I do agree it can come out a bit muddy especially compared to filter coffee

Nescafe 3 sweetners and milk.. right now sat out the back still in my jammys enjoying it

"I think I love you OP

I have a French Press at work but a Clever Dripper at home and buy whole beans which I grind with a 1zpresso JX hand grinder.

At the minute I I have a Ugandan coffee bought from 200 Degrees which I natural process with notes of tropical fruit, vanilla and cherry "

Be there in 5

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Instant. Splash of milk. Two sugars or some syrup.

I know proper coffee is so much nicer but I just can't be bothered with the faff that comes with the fancier, "proper" stuff. If anyone's got anything left over in the cafetier this morning though...

LvM

Derby

"I think I love you OP

At the minute I I have a Ugandan coffee bought from 200 Degrees which I natural process with notes of tropical fruit, vanilla and cherry

Be there in 5"

I'll have one ready for you. I'll blow your mind

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Make my own, hot milk, hit chocolate and coffee, perfect mocha.

"I'm going to also throw out a controversial statement and say I think a French Press is absolutely crap

I think you get more flavour and body from a french press but I do agree it can come out a bit muddy especially compared to filter coffee"

Watch James Hoffman's frech press technique which makes it cleaner.

Basic idea is make it as normal, rest the plunger on top but DON'T PLUNGE, leave to brew for 4/5 minutes and then simply pour with the plunger acting as a filter at the top.

The 4/5 minute wait should mean the fine buts that would normally escape through the filter when you plunge remain at the bottom and you should have a cleaner coffee

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Instant at home and out (I take a flask) as it's cheaper. Does me fine.

Derby

"I'm going to also throw out a controversial statement and say I think a French Press is absolutely crap

I think you get more flavour and body from a french press but I do agree it can come out a bit muddy especially compared to filter coffee

Basic idea is make it as normal, rest the plunger on top but DON'T PLUNGE, leave to brew for 4/5 minutes and then simply pour with the plunger acting as a filter at the top.

The 4/5 minute wait should mean the fine buts that would normally escape through the filter when you plunge remain at the bottom and you should have a cleaner coffee"

That's the technique I follow but I think it's one of those things you have to live with as no french press is going to stop all the fines getting through. It is cleaner, but still nowhere near a v60 or clever dripper cleaner

By *it-chrissyTV/TS  over a year ago

sw. london

very old, blackened pot on the stove. Lidl coffee mostly.

nice

By *obbienormalguyMan  over a year ago

oxford

"I heat the milk in the microwave for a few mins and then put in the coffee in ( I like the Alcafe finely ground Barista ) . Then hot water . Lovely ! "

I do exactly the same with the same coffee bit of a win win and cheat..tho I got a milk whisk after microwave I whisk milk up

I’m instant coffee at home, I hate pods but would love a sage coffee machine

Just give me coffee, as long as it's not decaffeinated

"I’m instant coffee at home, I hate pods but would love a sage coffee machine "

That's what I'm potentially looking at, maybe a Bambino Plus or Duo-Temp Pro, just depends on space

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I spens a lot of money on coffee, just from the supermarket. Ground usually for the cafetiere, can't stand instant.

Does anyone know of any websites that are cheaper than Sains etc. I'm looking at Grind, a 1kg bag of beans is £25. Not a bad price (£16 if you subscribe) but I would prefer ground! Thanks

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I get my specific blend of beans ground at our local organic shop.

I have a commercial filter machine

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

I don't drink coffee anymore..... Replaced it for Macha/green tea/Oolong/Gunpowder tea.

But my fave is Moroccan tea. Steeped in a China tea pot & served in tea cups on saucers. Honey or Agave used to sweeten.

I do however, have Asda's cheap instant home brand. In the hope that relatives would think: "that's a fuckin' horrible cuppa!" Whilst making that face that looks like a bulldog licking wee off a nettle.

Unfortunately, it had the reverse reaction. Now I can't get rid of them.......... LOL!

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

The 4/5 minute wait should mean the fine buts that would normally escape through the filter when you plunge remain at the bottom and you should have a cleaner coffee"

I'll give that a shot actually. Seems like it makes sense

"I spens a lot of money on coffee, just from the supermarket. Ground usually for the cafetiere, can't stand instant.

Does anyone know of any websites that are cheaper than Sains etc. I'm looking at Grind, a 1kg bag of beans is £25. Not a bad price (£16 if you subscribe) but I would prefer ground! Thanks "

Costco are quite good at large volumes of decent quality coffee, closest to you would be Milton Keynes. It is membership only but i pretty much cover that cost in savings

By *ikerdude2017Man  over a year ago

Doncaster

I use a V60 filter drip. Have it white with no sugar. Some great coffee at Lidl and Aldi.

Give me coffee.?

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I spens a lot of money on coffee, just from the supermarket. Ground usually for the cafetiere, can't stand instant.

Does anyone know of any websites that are cheaper than Sains etc. I'm looking at Grind, a 1kg bag of beans is £25. Not a bad price (£16 if you subscribe) but I would prefer ground! Thanks

Costco are quite good at large volumes of decent quality coffee, closest to you would be Milton Keynes. It is membership only but i pretty much cover that cost in savings"

We used to be members but literally we'd spend £200 and come out with 400 loo rolls, 10kg of mince, wine and not much else!

Another Sunday morning Moka pot to get the day started, smells and tastes great

I do my coffee often this morning. *I shall avoid a hangover!!!!

I just need it as hot as a sexy woman and coming at least once an hour….

By *ociferu69Man  over a year ago

oban

Turkish stile when im home....in rest about 10 instant a day ...with the occasional cappuccino bought

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Costco are quite good at large volumes of decent quality coffee, closest to you would be Milton Keynes. It is membership only but i pretty much cover that cost in savings

We used to be members but literally we'd spend £200 and come out with 400 loo rolls, 10kg of mince, wine and not much else! "

Yes, I used to be a member but did not in the end find it worthwhile and did not renew. I used to usually find better deals elsewhere.

By *ryan...Man  over a year ago

1950's Original

"Just give me coffee, as long as it's not decaffeinated "

Kenci decaff is fine and dandy

Got a coffee in one had and hubby's cock in the other

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I usually like a ginger biscuit to dunk in

Instant

Common as fuck me. Although posh coffees are nice I’m not a coffe snob. I’ll drink anything really

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

I don't..... can't stand it

Derby

To anyone that does brew their own coffee, do you find that you get a day where it's absolutely perfect in its taste in every way but then you can never do it again no matter how well you recreate the steps?

I had that this morning and I was so happy it tasted so good and so sad that I'll never make it like that again

By *il sub princessWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

Cup of tea for me please

In cake and ice cream please

"How do you do your coffee?

"

I do my coffee like my women….often.

"To anyone that does brew their own coffee, do you find that you get a day where it's absolutely perfect in its taste in every way but then you can never do it again no matter how well you recreate the steps?

I had that this morning and I was so happy it tasted so good and so sad that I'll never make it like that again "

Yep though since i started watching James Hoffmann and following his tips that while not perfect coffee is consistently better coffee

"

I do my coffee like my women… as soon as I wake up and don’t stop until I run out

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

I do my coffee after I have rimmed James Hoffmann, that handsome floppy-haired bastard.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I have the most amazing 70s dinner party type percolator that I love to hear burbling away. It always makes lovely coffee, even with relatively cheap beans, but it makes a LOT of coffee so I don't use it too often.

I've got a chemex and a cafetiere but they feel a lot of effort so rarely get used.

I normally use a pod machine. It's not as nice as proper coffee but it's nicer than instant so it makes a decent compromise when I'm working from home and don't have time to faff about.

Are you an instant, pod or brew your own?

If brew your own do you buy pre-ground or beans and grind yourself?

Did you then have as filter with a cafetiere, aeropress, v60, clever dripper, moka pot, chemex or similar?

Or are you more for a machine/meachanical like a drip filter, rok espresso, flair espresso, an bean to cup machine, straight espresso machine or similar?

For me a Sunday is usually sumatran or square mile beans i grind and then in the Moka pot and then a little later another with the clever dripper

And as James Hoffman would say, I hope you have a great day "

Anywhere between Espresso and "Just stick in it my eyeballs until I can smell colours, you Barrista-shaped Wizard of a human being - I'm tired and its Monday!"

... Most of the time.

"I have the most amazing 70s dinner party type percolator that I love to hear burbling away. It always makes lovely coffee, even with relatively cheap beans, but it makes a LOT of coffee so I don't use it too often.

I've got a chemex and a cafetiere but they feel a lot of effort so rarely get used.

I normally use a pod machine. It's not as nice as proper coffee but it's nicer than instant so it makes a decent compromise when I'm working from home and don't have time to faff about."

I've considered a chemex as it looks cool but as i don't have space and not sure it would make better coffee than the clever dripper i already have

Time for that first wonderful rich aromatic first grind and brew of the day

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I buy beans, have a Krups burr grinder and Sage expresso maker. I also use an aeropress when camping and cafetière if making 2 or more cups.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

As a Mexican liqueur, with vodka and milk.

Absolutely, an old flame got me into drinking the Taylor’s lazy Sunday. Great for making a whole pot for myself.

And I’ve bought a draw full of the new coffee bags for the camper van, Surprisingly good.

Black and no sugar please if you’re making OP

Definately found with the right coffee and the right method (for an individuals taste) then milk and sugar definately isn't needed

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I like my coffee down the sink - best place for it

*legs it*

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

We've a melitta bean to cup machine and it dies the best coffee ever. Altho, a recent trio to sardinia, we used an actual dual pot one on the hob, that was pretty good too. Both take it black, nice and strong, no sugar.

Time to break out the Moka pot again

Weekdays it is instant. And weekends it’s real coffee from grinding my own beans

I can’t even tell you what I’m having to do to make a real coffee right now. Yhe struggle is real, but you be amazed how nice it is turning out.

It’s a sieve and kitchen toweling! . Needs must and all that.

Stopped drinking instant. Do love to walk and get a barista coffee from town though.

Did have a Tassimi machine but the bastard thing needs cleaning about 4 times a day cos our water is 90% chalk. So we scrapped it.

"Stopped drinking instant. Do love to walk and get a barista coffee from town though.

Did have a Tassimi machine but the bastard thing needs cleaning about 4 times a day cos our water is 90% chalk. So we scrapped it."

I miss my nespreso.

Dead posh me gold blend or nothing

Think it's time to get up and open a new bag of Sumatran beans for the clever dripper

Weekends is when I enjoy a good proper coffee. In the week instant will be fine.

But when I’m not working, I like to grind my own beans

^said this before.

[Removed by poster at 08/10/22 07:43:11]

"Think it's time to get up and open a new bag of Sumatran beans for the clever dripper "

Unless the beans are some new sex toy and the clever dripper is your cock's petname.... I'm going back to sleep

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I like a good flavoured sweet black brewed coffee. The best things are worth taking the time over.

Derby

"Think it's time to get up and open a new bag of Sumatran beans for the clever dripper "

Currently brewing some washed Peru coffee in mine

"Think it's time to get up and open a new bag of Sumatran beans for the clever dripper

Currently brewing some washed Peru coffee in mine "

I have Nescafé.

Derby

"Think it's time to get up and open a new bag of Sumatran beans for the clever dripper

I have Nescafé. "

My condolences

I have Nescafé.

My condolences "

Least I didn't have to wash it first.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Aeropress. I grind my own.

By *rincipessaWoman  over a year ago

your wildest dreams,

Sometimes pre ground, but love the smell of grinding my own. Always moka pot. I enjoy the ritual almost as much as the coffee

Derby

I have Nescafé.

My condolences

Least I didn't have to wash it first. "

you never know, it could've been

Derby

"Aeropress. I grind my own. "

I've seen videos and still can't get my head around how it works, seems like a pretty cool brewer though

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

Nespresso pods here. Used to use a cafetière but bored of all the faff.

Derby

"Sometimes pre ground, but love the smell of grinding my own. Always moka pot. I enjoy the ritual almost as much as the coffee "

Absolutely this. Especially while I'm working from home. It's a nice little break from the day

Manchester (she/her)

"Aeropress. I grind my own.

I've seen videos and still can't get my head around how it works, seems like a pretty cool brewer though"

I use the inverted method. It's a doddle once you get the hang of it

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"Sometimes pre ground, but love the smell of grinding my own. Always moka pot. I enjoy the ritual almost as much as the coffee "

I don't grind my own, but agree you can't beat a Moka. That they are also little pieces of art in their own right helps too!

Derby

I've seen videos and still can't get my head around how it works, seems like a pretty cool brewer though

I use the inverted method. It's a doddle once you get the hang of it"

I probably shouldn't buy another brewer because I don't need it, but I might just do it anyway

Derby

"Sometimes pre ground, but love the smell of grinding my own. Always moka pot. I enjoy the ritual almost as much as the coffee

I don't grind my own, but agree you can't beat a Moka. That they are also little pieces of art in their own right helps too!"

Without sounding very, very pretentious, I would fully recommend buying a grinder and buying whole beans if you can afford it. Pre ground coffee stales quicker so you lose a lot of the flavours the longer you keep it compared to freshly grinding whole beans

Manchester (she/her)

I probably shouldn't buy another brewer because I don't need it, but I might just do it anyway "

I feel this in my soul

By *r SteelhammerMan  over a year ago

belfast

Colombian ground coffee with honey soya milk and a nice drop of dmf hazelnut rum yes pleaseeeeee

By *icknmix500Man  over a year ago

South Gloucestershire

LavAzza rossa in a cafetiere perfect

Can't stand Costa dishwater !

Really don't like instant but no option at work. At home it's pods or filter - can't beat that aroma.

Express is the winner

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I think that my coffee tastes okay, but someone I know seems annoyed when I offer them a mug of microwave rewarmed three day old...

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"Sometimes pre ground, but love the smell of grinding my own. Always moka pot. I enjoy the ritual almost as much as the coffee

I don't grind my own, but agree you can't beat a Moka. That they are also little pieces of art in their own right helps too!

Without sounding very, very pretentious, I would fully recommend buying a grinder and buying whole beans if you can afford it. Pre ground coffee stales quicker so you lose a lot of the flavours the longer you keep it compared to freshly grinding whole beans "

Thanks, FH. More laziness than anything else on my part, but I'll look into it. It doesn't last long in my house at least so doing my best to negate flavour loss that way!

Derby

I probably shouldn't buy another brewer because I don't need it, but I might just do it anyway

I feel this in my soul "

It's pretty much been the thought process for most coffee stuff I buy

Manchester (she/her)

Without sounding very, very pretentious, I would fully recommend buying a grinder and buying whole beans if you can afford it. Pre ground coffee stales quicker so you lose a lot of the flavours the longer you keep it compared to freshly grinding whole beans

Thanks, FH. More laziness than anything else on my part, but I'll look into it. It doesn't last long in my house at least so doing my best to negate flavour loss that way! "

Electric grinders negate the laziness factor, but good ones aren't cheap, and, well, electric.

I've switched to my hand grinder, lol

Derby

Thanks, FH. More laziness than anything else on my part, but I'll look into it. It doesn't last long in my house at least so doing my best to negate flavour loss that way! "

Haha that's fair enough, if you're happy with your current setup and pleased with the taste of the coffee, then that's all that really matters

By *empest2KMan  over a year ago

Derby

When it comes to ground coffee, my coffee-snob missus discovered Lyon's No.3 Ground Coffee for only £0.79 a bag in Home Bargains during lockdown, and we've bought it every time since. Worth a try at that price!

At home pods. Coffee shops of course and terrible as it sounds, I can't drink instant anymore..

I take my coffee as I take my women…

Cheap and bitter

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Please, just a yes please right now

By *aulliverpoolMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Great post this !!

I a huge coffee connoisseur. I have a sage duo temp pro with sage smart grinder and plenty of accessories. I enjoy using fresh beans (pact coffee) and love a morning espresso. Also enjoy V60 drip coffee, French press and oven top espresso pot. Instant is sacrilegious and pods are just ripping people off as the coffee isn’t fresh. Straight from the bean and always check when your beans were roasted.

Liverpool

"Does anyone subscribe to Pact? The coffee postal thingy? I tried that, I might sign up again. "

I have a monthly subscription. I just have the house blend but it’s very very nice and not bad at £7.50 a pack

Derby

Just opened a bag of Monsoon Malabar coffee which is different to what I normally go for. Not really a fan to be honest, anyone fancy some coffee beans?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Just opened a bag of Monsoon Malabar coffee which is different to what I normally go for. Not really a fan to be honest, anyone fancy some coffee beans? "

There's little more disappointing than a bad cup of coffee.

Sometimes you just don't know how good or bad it's going to be until you break the seal, shame it didn't work put for you this time

Derby

"Just opened a bag of Monsoon Malabar coffee which is different to what I normally go for. Not really a fan to be honest, anyone fancy some coffee beans?

There's little more disappointing than a bad cup of coffee. "

I know! To be fair, it's not bad coffee per se, just not quite to my taste. Going to power through it anyway

Derby

"Sometimes you just don't know how good or bad it's going to be until you break the seal, shame it didn't work put for you this time"

Exactly, I always like trying different coffees anyway so at least now I can say I've tried this one

Worked in social housing for too long therefore I’m not fussy. Aslong as there’s no floaters and doesn’t smell like shit I’m happy!

Liverpool

The most important thing with coffee, is your coffee ! Sounds like a cliche but you get what you pay for. A good coffee starts with a fresh good quality bean

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Instant, aldis Colombia jar cheap n cheerful

Sounds tasty. I’m in

By *rying2niteMan  over a year ago

Egremont

I much prefer a galf decent instant coffee... (carte noir, l'or etc).

And it HAS to be, black, no sugar

By *tylebender03Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Black coffee

2x 227g bags of Grumpy Mule Organic Sumatra Gayo Highlands coffee delivered

Just brewing first one of the day to start my weekend off whilst having a browse of fab

Ground in an espresso machine

"Ground in an espresso machine"

Nice, i would like to get an espresso machine

Derby

Bought an Aeropress yesterday and tried it out for the first time this morning. The coffee is quite nice but one thing I noticed is the limited capacity for water compared to my Clever and French Press. Does anyone who has one top up the water after or use the exact amount for coffee to water?

By *offee3SweetnersMan  over a year ago

Kettering

I absolutely love my Tassimo and Costa pod in the morning and throughout the day.

I genuinly think I would struggle in any kind of apocalypse to live without my Tassimo coffee

On the other hand it might make me so grumpy that no one will try bothering me pmsl

Think it's a Mokka pot kinda morning today

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Costa drive thru

"Costa drive thru"

That would be easier but car is not running properly lol