FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > the steak, the cat and the chase.

the steak, the cat and the chase.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

happily i was cooking my dinner tonight as i had a rare night and day off work.

i bought a expensive piece of steak, fresh veg and i even did the potatoes.

the cat was out which was good as he is a pain when im cooking.in and out of your legs,meowing trying to trip you up etc.

so i check the steak and like magic the cat has appeared at the door.

pressing against it with his paws shouting to come in, obviously he has smelt it miles away and returned.

in he comes and after shouting the odds sits and smiles at me hoping to get a bit of steak.

now. i have his dish which has cut pieces of raw steak for him so he has no need for more.

but we are talking about a crafty thief, silent and one who leaves no evidence!.

steak comes out and the cat is dancing, leaping around shouting and getting in the way.

i shout and cat backs off a little.

put all the veg on my plate and then the steak and go to pick up the plate.

my mobile rings and the cat's facial expression changes.

i put my dinner on the table and put the veg over the steak save guarding it.

cat has his plate of raw steak and is loving it.

i watch him eating and as im talking on the phone return to the kitchen to put the kettel on.

i turn look and its to late.

the cat has got on the chair, moved the veg out of the way and is jumping down with the whole steak and is off like a bullet.

i put the phone down and take off after him,running up the stairs the cat leans one way then the next, im off balance and he is past.

gone back under the table and growling.

so i had veg tonight and the cat.

he had steak!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The problem with talking to Minxie on here is that the mishaps that happen to her are now being spread country wide ........ its contagious u know .........

I am sorry your cat ate your dinner ........ one of mine created havoc for me too lol

Classic!

Years ago my cat helped himself to my chicken. Which was in a curry. Just picked the good stuff out and left me with the veg. Fussy bugger....

Haha love it! That's why I'm glad I'm a veggie, my cats rarely want to nick my tea

Ninja cat!! Love it!

By *etes-dragonCouple  over a year ago

Wales and the South West

shoot the damned cat! What a waste of a good steak! lol

he shimmys better than messi!

i was off balance like a fool.

What a great story what did Happy, Grumpy, Sneezy, Doc, Bashful and Sleepy have if there was only one steak.

One of my cats grabbed an unfinished pizza crust and ran away with it earlier this year and they both pester for food when I'm eating sometimes.

They used to have manners and wouldn't even consider such things, but since they'd been badly abused and the manners were grounded in fear, I'm happy they're not worried now. (They used to follow me around but would wait outside rooms and wait to be invited in when I first got them. They were terrified of doing anything wrong. Now they think they own the place.)

I think they both know there would be trouble if they helped themselves to food off my plate before I'd finished though.

They're spoiled but there are limits.

I used to have a well mannered cat too, he would sit really patiently beside the table watching the food go from the plate to my mouth but then he knew he always got left a little bit

miss him, he was ever so sweet

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

Years ago my sister's dog managed to eat a whole box of roses EXCEPT the coffee creams

Mine get really cross when I eat tuna. They're quite certain it's cat food and tell me, in no uncertain terms, that with all the yummy smelling things I have available to eat, I have no business eating their food.

There is no difference between Felix As Good As It Looks in tuna flavour and a tin of tuna in spring water, according to them.

I only have to put a slight tear in the top of a sachet of Felix or puncture the top of a can of tuna with the can opener, and wherever they were in the house, whether or not they were asleep, they're there in an instant.

"What a great story what did Happy, Grumpy, Sneezy, Doc, Bashful and Sleepy have if there was only one steak. "

what does that mean?

Livingston

Lmao Dopey!!

"Lmao Dopey!! "

at least i know what you think now.

was a simple error.but no need to speculate on my character?

Livingston

I know you too well

Livingston

"What a great story what did Happy, Grumpy, Sneezy, Doc, Bashful and Sleepy have if there was only one steak.

what does that mean?"

which one is missing?

I banish mine to the garden when I cook and eat my steak now, after she tried to steal it while I was eating it once.

I usually get a bigger piece of steak so that I can share it with the pets, and discovered the "rib steak" cut offered by my local supermarket is excellent for taste as well as value for money.

It is less well-trimmed than a normal rib eye steak, hence it is cheaper.

However, I like to trim the grizzle, cut it up before frying in the pan until crispy, very tasty with a dusting of salt and pepper. It's all mine and the pets never get any.

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"happily i was cooking my dinner tonight as i had a rare night and day off work.

i bought a expensive piece of steak, fresh veg and i even did the potatoes.

the cat was out which was good as he is a pain when im cooking.in and out of your legs,meowing trying to trip you up etc.

so i check the steak and like magic the cat has appeared at the door.

pressing against it with his paws shouting to come in, obviously he has smelt it miles away and returned.

in he comes and after shouting the odds sits and smiles at me hoping to get a bit of steak.

now. i have his dish which has cut pieces of raw steak for him so he has no need for more.

but we are talking about a crafty thief, silent and one who leaves no evidence!.

steak comes out and the cat is dancing, leaping around shouting and getting in the way.

i shout and cat backs off a little.

put all the veg on my plate and then the steak and go to pick up the plate.

my mobile rings and the cat's facial expression changes.

i put my dinner on the table and put the veg over the steak save guarding it.

cat has his plate of raw steak and is loving it.

i watch him eating and as im talking on the phone return to the kitchen to put the kettel on.

i turn look and its to late.

the cat has got on the chair, moved the veg out of the way and is jumping down with the whole steak and is off like a bullet.

i put the phone down and take off after him,running up the stairs the cat leans one way then the next, im off balance and he is past.

gone back under the table and growling.

so i had veg tonight and the cat.

he had steak!

"

» Add a new message to this topic