FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Pay site?

Pay site?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *BCBlonde OP   Couple  over a year ago

DURHAM

With all the Idiots, Fakes, and Timewasters, who can sign up to this site in a matter of seconds.

Is it time for FAB to become a pay site?, i don't suggest silly fee's but a nominal sign up fee, may discourage the hundreds of single guys per day that are getting overwhelming.

A fair percentage of people sign up to silver or gold membership anyway! FAB used to be the best place to be, but in our view standards are slipping.

Something needs to be done, to stem the flow who think its a dating site for perve's and photo viewers.

FAB needs to be returned to the swingers, where real people find real meets.

Your views or idea's xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *B9 QueenWoman  over a year ago

Over the rainbow, under the bridge

I've been on pay sites - you still get the idiots and timewasters. This is the best site for meets I have been on - making people pay for it is simply penalising everyone for a brainless minority.

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

"I've been on pay sites - you still get the idiots and timewasters. This is the best site for meets I have been on - making people pay for it is simply penalising everyone for a brainless minority."

you beat me to it

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"I've been on pay sites - you still get the idiots and timewasters. This is the best site for meets I have been on - making people pay for it is simply penalising everyone for a brainless minority."
Seconded

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i love it here, had some great times, met some fa people....long may it continue!!!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Have been a member for a couple of years, and have had plenty of succesful meets without personally being let down.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"With all the Idiots, Fakes, and Timewasters, who can sign up to this site in a matter of seconds.

Is it time for FAB to become a pay site?, i don't suggest silly fee's but a nominal sign up fee, may discourage the hundreds of single guys per day that are getting overwhelming.

A fair percentage of people sign up to silver or gold membership anyway! FAB used to be the best place to be, but in our view standards are slipping.

Something needs to be done, to stem the flow who think its a dating site for perve's and photo viewers.

Your views or idea's xxx "

Don't think it would change anything to have fees but your profile is certainly worth a perve!!!! xx

We been on pay sites and never had a problem, last two meets and same tonight have all been no show time wasters

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

my views.... oooh a couple spring to mind

a) you assume that idiots fakes and timewasters don't have money.....

b) you assume for some reason idiots fakes and timewasters are only the domain of single men...

an arse is an arse is an arse... regardless of that being a single bloke, a couple or a single fem.....

c) my standards aren't slipping... if they are up to a standard I am happy with, I don't meet them... It's one of the things I can control....

d) people can turn it into whatever site they want to... some people like fuck and go, some like the social side.....

in the end the site gives you the tools and options to make the site work for you... up to you to decide if you want to use as many or as little as you like....

up to you in the end... no one else...

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"I've been on pay sites - you still get the idiots and timewasters. This is the best site for meets I have been on - making people pay for it is simply penalising everyone for a brainless minority.

Seconded "

Thirded!

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I doubt it'd make much difference. Pervs will usually find sufficient dosh for their hobby.

What might help is if any charge was payable only by debit card which would show up on a bank statement which a spouse might see.

Whilst payments are made by mobile phone, it's much easier to keep such matters private from a significant other.

DURHAM

But you do pay for it Queen as a silver member, and i'm not suggesting we pay anymore.

Still the best site for us as well, but not what it used to be is all we are saying.

"I've been on pay sites - you still get the idiots and timewasters. This is the best site for meets I have been on - making people pay for it is simply penalising everyone for a brainless minority.

But you do pay for it Queen as a silver member, and i'm not suggesting we pay anymore.

Still the best site for us as well, but not what it used to be is all we are saying. "

Yes - but that is a choice. I can still message other members, search and browse, go on chat, etc., without paying. Can't do that on a lot of other pay sites.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I doubt it'd make much difference. Pervs will usually find sufficient dosh for their hobby.

What might help is if any charge was payable only by debit card which would show up on a bank statement which a spouse might see.

Whilst payments are made by mobile phone, it's much easier to keep such matters private from a significant other."

its not the sites responsibility to out people who are chating on the partners for whatever reason they may have

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I doubt it'd make much difference. Pervs will usually find sufficient dosh for their hobby.

Whilst payments are made by mobile phone, it's much easier to keep such matters private from a significant other.

its not the sites responsibility to out people who are chating on the partners for whatever reason they may have"

I haven't suggested it's the site's responsibility. I simply mooted what I believe would be an improvement, should making Fab a paysite be under consideration by the owners.

I rather think it would also decrease the amount of complaints about single men (mostly) masquerading as a couple.

Nobody could think that was a bad thing.

Forum Mod

Theres loads of pay sites out there,I would hate for fab admin to think about changing this one into similar

Try some of the others and see if it makes a difference to you

Hav'nt read all of the thread so aplogise if you've already tried that

DURHAM

"my views.... oooh a couple spring to mind

b) you assume for some reason idiots fakes and timewasters are only the domain of single men...

an arse is an arse is an arse... regardless of that being a single bloke, a couple or a single fem.....

c) my standards aren't slipping... if they are up to a standard I am happy with, I don't meet them... It's one of the things I can control....

d) people can turn it into whatever site they want to... some people like fuck and go, some like the social side.....

in the end the site gives you the tools and options to make the site work for you... up to you to decide if you want to use as many or as little as you like....

up to you in the end... no one else..."

Fabio, have been here long enough to not assume anything, whether its Guys Girl Gays or Couples.

If there was a nominal sign up fee, it may deter 50% of the wasters, which has to be a good thing surely.

Still the best site for us as well, but not what it used to be is all we are saying. "

That's really just due to its growth I would think. It's all relative.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Fabio, have been here long enough to not assume anything, whether its Guys Girl Gays or Couples.

If there was a nominal sign up fee, it may deter 50% of the wasters, which has to be a good thing surely.

"

but if I was, for example, a new couple or single fem or man looking at just dipping a toe in the water, and seeing if this was for me... wouldn't a fee to join something I wasn't sure about be very much a deterant???

those same people you are wanting to meet.....

I wouldn't want someones finances to be obsticle if they are genuine...

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I fail to see how making people pay would stop timewasters, or single men pretending to be couples.

*Grandpa Simpson mode* When I started swinging in nineteen tickety-boo, I joined several sites, some pay, some not, although most of them have become paysites now. And guess what? There were timewasters and no-showers and fantasists on those sites too. In fact, paying to join could make the site a lot worse as then people would EXPECT to get a shag. No-one wants to pay something for nothing.

I am not saying that Fab is the bestest site ever, but it beats the hell out of the others I was a member of, which is why I am no longer a member of those sites.

DURHAM

"Theres loads of pay sites out there,I would hate for fab admin to think about changing this one into similar

Hav'nt read all of the thread so aplogise if you've already tried that "

Another one who's already paying! and yes we are on pay sites, they are improving, while FAB is slowly falling down.

"Theres loads of pay sites out there,I would hate for fab admin to think about changing this one into similar

Another one who's already paying! and yes we are on pay sites, they are improving, while FAB is slowly falling down. "

I'm on a number of different sites. Fab is the only one I ever get any regular decent meets on.

Bear in mind that you are only seeing the site from a single perspective. You've had some bad experiences - but that cannot be extrapolated to conclude that this is a bad site. Currently there are 14,352 people online as I type. You are a single profile. Even if there are 200 people saying they are having a bad time that is a miniscule amount.

Forum Mod

Another one who's already paying! and yes we are on pay sites, they are improving, while FAB is slowly falling down. "

I don't have any problems or moans with the site and we've been on a few,even pay ones many years ago before I realised that you really don't need to pay anything to have a great time,I don't class being a site supporter as anything more than having access to extra site functions,what I don't agree with is having to pay a fee to send and receive a message which a lot of the pay sites seem to do,or did do the last time we used one which was a few years ago I have to add,things may have changed since then,but there were a huge amount of complaints about people joining "free sites" and the low and behold a huge number of people that fit your criteria want to talk to you! woo hooo! but you must pay to see those messages first

All the time im meetng lovely people on here and not finding it a problem ill stay and support this site,when it falls down for me then I may consider looking elsewhere

i was on a pay site for a long time and it never stopped timewasters.

you just have to accept that someone somewhere gets their kicks from winding you up.

just try to not let it cloud your thinking as some do meet.

and im sure plenty would like to meet you.

good luck.

By *uncpl2015Couple  over a year ago

Bridgend Area

"With all the Idiots, Fakes, and Timewasters, who can sign up to this site in a matter of seconds.

Do agree.. although you will always get the idiots and waste of space ones of all men women and couples even on a pay site.. you would stop alot of the d*unk weekenders who register looking for a shag there and then...which would be a start..

But there are always going to be idiots and its a shame that fab cant stop the spoiling an otherwise goid site..

We had bucket loads if messages from those sort yesterday..

I'd willingly pay through the nose to stop the same forum topics cropping up every day.

"my views.... oooh a couple spring to mind

up to you in the end... no one else...

"

Where do you get your figure of 50% from? I'm assuming just a wild guess?

And what about genuine people, would it not put them off too?

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Your views or idea's xxx

Do agree.. although you will always get the idiots and waste of space ones of all men women and couples even on a pay site.. you would stop alot of the d*unk weekenders who register looking for a shag there and then...which would be a start..

But there are always going to be idiots and its a shame that fab cant stop the spoiling an otherwise goid site..

We had bucket loads if messages from those sort yesterday.. "

There are at least 2 filters that stop the d*unk weekenders being able to contact you though...

And with 71 verifications OP you can't be suffering too badly methinks?

Unless to get those verifications you were stood up 71 times too. Which I seriously doubt. I think most people on here would be happy with a 50% success rate.

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Its very odd that people who are so unhappy with being on Fab stay on Fab. Does Fab prevent people from leaving the site now?

By *erbyGentMan  over a year ago

derby

Why not do the opposite to verification? Give us a time waster or didn't show up button.

A five strike and out policy, send in negative feedback and they loose a strike. Loose five strikes and the profile is automatically deleted.

"Why not do the opposite to verification? Give us a time waster or didn't show up button.

A five strike and out policy, send in negative feedback and they loose a strike. Loose five strikes and the profile is automatically deleted.

"

Apart from the fact it would be totally open to abuse absolutely nothing.

Bridgend Area

Your views or idea's xxx

We had bucket loads if messages from those sort yesterday..

There are at least 2 filters that stop the d*unk weekenders being able to contact you though..."

yep .. we are filtered to the hilt... lol.. but they still get through.. dont know how but they do.. one joined hour after rugby finished in cardiff other day ... No pic ( one filter thats on) ( under 35 another thats on..!) (un verified... another thats on! ) so how did he get through .... aint got a clue but he and many others do.. we've asked the question several times and just get... they cant message you... but they do...dont get wrong sure there would be loads more if we didnt have filters on.. but we get enough that somehow get through... so sorry but it does happen..

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Why not do the opposite to verification? Give us a time waster or didn't show up button.

"

Great idea.. I could hit that very button on your profile just now....... 4 others care to do the same???

See how that wouldn't work

I also think that people who are constantly arranging meets and either being stood up or cancelled on at the last minute need to look at their own selection methods / criteria.

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"yep .. we are filtered to the hilt... lol.. but they still get through.. dont know how but they do.. one joined hour after rugby finished in cardiff other day ... No pic ( one filter thats on) ( under 35 another thats on..!) (un verified... another thats on! ) so how did he get through .... aint got a clue but he and many others do.. we've asked the question several times and just get... they cant message you... but they do...dont get wrong sure there would be loads more if we didnt have filters on.. but we get enough that somehow get through... so sorry but it does happen.."

Sounds like your filters arent working. Same happened to me a while ago, try taking off all filters, logging out then log back in and re-set them. Seemed to work for me.

Is that the same as "have you tried turning it off and on?"

Bridgend Area

"yep .. we are filtered to the hilt... lol.. but they still get through.. dont know how but they do.. one joined hour after rugby finished in cardiff other day ... No pic ( one filter thats on) ( under 35 another thats on..!) (un verified... another thats on! ) so how did he get through .... aint got a clue but he and many others do.. we've asked the question several times and just get... they cant message you... but they do...dont get wrong sure there would be loads more if we didnt have filters on.. but we get enough that somehow get through... so sorry but it does happen..

Sounds like your filters arent working. Same happened to me a while ago, try taking off all filters, logging out then log back in and re-set them. Seemed to work for me."

yep we have done it a few times.. will try again tho you never know.. but profiles we have blocked some months ago visable in chatroom when profile still blocked..

we laugh and get rid of ones that mail.. but just wanted to point out regarding there being filters to stop the things in previous comment on here that we know and have them on.. but still they message.. Thanks will give it another go with filters just incase tho...

What's a perv doing on here? How shocking!!

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I'm registered on a few paysites and there's a few things I have noticed.

First off, when it comes to the attention of the site owners that a particular member is a troublemaker, abuser, general undesirable, it is less in their interest to take any action - banning paid up members impacts directly on their bottom line, so there is no incentive for them to do it. On Fab on the other hand, abuse of the site is invariably dealt with quickly and effectively because the site owners aren't so concerned with making money from membership subscriptions.

When it comes to fakes and timewasters, I've noticed with a few particular sites that when I'm a standard / unpaid member, I get around 10 messages a day from women all wanting to shag me - however when I pay for a full membership those messages suddenly dry up - funny that!

Overall I'm more confident in the motives of a site that isn't subscription based than one that is.

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

"Its very odd that people who are so unhappy with being on Fab stay on Fab. Does Fab prevent people from leaving the site now?"

Yes, Have you not heard they are renaming the site "Hotel California"

"I'd willingly pay through the nose to stop the same forum topics cropping up every day. "

Keep it free but only meet those that have paid for membership ?

That way it prohibits no one from joining and you personally have the 'assurance' of only meeting people who take it seriously ?

I guess that's what you're saying - that only non members are likely to be fakes and /or timewasters ?

I'm sure many would beg to differ.

The trouble is, most of the 'pay sites' all compete for the same market so it is driving the join-up fees downwards (well, a bit!) so it's easy for the same timewasters and idiots to join. The only pay site I found to be any good had a deliberately prohibitive sign up fee for men which they made no secret was to keep the rif-raf (now where have I heard that before lately.... Hmmmm..... must consult Jodie!! ) out - and it worked.

One thing that 'might' be an idea on Fabs is something like 'Fabs-Premium' - a sort of site within a site which may have a sign up fee to keep the 'quality' (define? yes I know!!) up. Just an idea.....

Pork

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Great idea.. I could hit that very button on your profile just now....... 4 others care to do the same???

See how that wouldn't work

I also think that people who are constantly arranging meets and either being stood up or cancelled on at the last minute need to look at their own selection methods / criteria.

"

Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!

We do get messages from those who don't fit what we are looking for, we just point out that fact and, apart from the odd one or two who try to change our minds, they go away .

We don't have the whole raft of filters on, we are afterall on here to meet and make friends.

We don't get a massive amount of "pest" mail, perhaps

our profile is enough to put them off, or maybe its the fact that we live far enough away from the urban sprawl of the M4 corridor.

When we do get mail from suitable playmates, we do as quoted above.... We chat, ask a few questions, and take it from there.

We have never had a no-show.

I have an idea.

How about everyone gets verified once a year by a specific site member. Say for example, me.

Everyone has to show the commitment to travel all the way here and have sex with me on a yearly basis. So I can check that the pics match the people and then they get a "Genuine" icon. Kind of like a profile MOT.

Obviously it means I'd be forced to have lots of sex. But I'm willing to do that for the good of the site and to put people like the OP's minds at rest.

Its the only sensible solution.

Or at least the best one I've heard.

Can I just check Pork, are you suggesting we turn fab into a members only club where only slim, beautiful, EDL supporting mf couples are allowed and single men/trannies are banned as they cause all the trouble and the Gods of the internet might take the site down?

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"

Well I'm genuine with a full profile, pictures and verifications from accross 2 years, I've been to socials and met loads of people at clubs ... but I had a couple message me out the blue saying I was a fake... so under your proposed system I'd have one strike agsinst me from a couple I'd never contacted or met before.

Not such a good idea is it?

"Can I just check Pork, are you suggesting we turn fab into a members only club where only slim, beautiful, EDL supporting mf couples are allowed and single men/trannies are banned as they cause all the trouble and the Gods of the internet might take the site down?"
No Jodie. I would need to come from Norwich to do that......

"I have an idea.

How about everyone gets verified once a year by a specific site member. Say for example, me.

Everyone has to show the commitment to travel all the way here and have sex with me on a yearly basis. So I can check that the pics match the people and then they get a "Genuine" icon. Kind of like a profile MOT.

Obviously it means I'd be forced to have lots of sex. But I'm willing to do that for the good of the site and to put people like the OP's minds at rest.

Or at least the best one I've heard. "

How very community spirited of you, Jodie......

By *nvictusMan  over a year ago

Beeston

"I have an idea.

Or at least the best one I've heard. "

Completely selfless and vommunity minded of you

By *ricky_DickyMan  over a year ago

Mirfield

Make a site subscription based is not the answer to timewasters, someone who gets their kicks from wasting other peoples time will quite happily pay for the privilege. Fake profiles on the other hand may be reduced as usually the fakers have more than one profile so having to pay 2 or 3 times will deter some but not all. Paying for multiple profiles also effects genuine couples who for what ever reason want a profile for him, her and them.

I agree with Fabio about a joining fee being a deterrent to the potential nervous newbies who may not wish to pay or something that isn't or them.

All the pay sites I've encountered are all free to join, it's how the get you in but you need to pay to send messages, some even want you to pay before you can read them.

I disagree with IceNipples view that the pay sites are improving, the ones I know are dying on their feet and one has become a free site in order to stem the exodus of it's members, but do agree that Fab is not as good as it used to be.

over time u can spot the fakes and timewasters and learn ways to avoid this..

it happens on pay sites too

We were members of a pay site before we joined fab and we never had any problems with timewasters on it. Unfortunately the majority of members were in England - very few Scottish members so thats why we ended up joining Fab

Pay for sex?

Thats what the sex industry is for and you get a guaranteed shag out of it.

Invictus, Porky, that's just the kind of person I am. I want to help settle this issue and I'm willing to put out to do it.

Errr......sorry, that should read "put myself out"

"Invictus, Porky, that's just the kind of person I am. I want to help settle this issue and I'm willing to put out to do it.

Errr......sorry, that should read "put myself out" "

Ahhhhhhh, you're all heart, ain't ya luv

"Invictus, Porky, that's just the kind of person I am. I want to help settle this issue and I'm willing to put out to do it.

Errr......sorry, that should read "put myself out" Ahhhhhhh, you're all heart, ain't ya luv

"

I am. It's a curse, along with these fine legs!

Now, you pair are first on the list btw. I've always suspected Dartford isn't a real place. I smell a fake!

A good idea £25 each for singles and £50 a month for couples as there are 2 of them.

Why dont fab just make everyone at least photo verify for starters and maybe do some sort of joining fee and a text verification system or something.

I've been on and off here for over two and a half years its getting silly now.

I see some profiles were u can clearly tell there putting fake photos up and fab still allowing it.

You know why though for advertising revenue its better for Fab to have high numbers of members so they will never make it harder to join!

This subject keeps coming up. There are plenty of time wasters on the pay sites, so no, I don't think making this a pay site would stop them and just by the way, it's not only single guys who are time wasters, lots of couples and single women who are time wasters on the pay sites as well as on here.

Errr......sorry, that should read "put myself out" Ahhhhhhh, you're all heart, ain't ya luv

I am. It's a curse, along with these fine legs!

Now, you pair are first on the list btw. I've always suspected Dartford isn't a real place. I smell a fake!"

Damn! Our secret's out..... what do we do now then, Perky? You told me they'd never suspect.......

Idiots and fakes also have money to spend ......

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

you beat me to it"

you were beaten to it ..............who grabbed your paddle n whip !!!

I think those that are unhappy with fab should just leave and go onto a pay site and leave us that are happy the way things are alone

Why on earth anyone would want to stay on an online site when they not happy is beyond me.

iam very curious as to what you have to actually do to be a "perv" on an adult sex site,i thought as long as your over 18 and consenting then its live and let live..

» Add a new message to this topic